My players getting 'cocky' after promotion.

Hi,

I started my game with Concord Rangers in the Skrill South and managed to get promoted to Skrill Premiere. I didn't release any player as I though they were good enough for the league, but to give me the little bit more I added 4-5 players from the free market.

Now that we have been promoted I have decided to extend some contracts as all of them run out in the coming season. I noticed 3-4 players I would love to have in the coming season as they performed amazingly. But, when I offer them a contract they either say they are not interested in the talks, or they ask for ridiculous wages (£700-1000 a week), which a club like CRangers simply can't afford.

I checked giving contract offers to others in the squad and they are the same, ridiculous wages or just dont want to talk.

So I though we have to dive in the free market again but get an entire roster. But everyone asks for £400+ wages, even the crappy players.

I simply am stuck, I don't know what to do from here.

Please help.

One of the most annoying things on the game, even when you don't get promoted. I have a wage budget of 4.2k at North Ferriby. And most players are on 250-300 a week, i offer new contracts and they ask for 450! It may only be £200 but its nearly double their wage. Then free transfers ask for the same, I just can't afford to have a team.

Although I have found win bonuses and the like help, that way players that don't play as much cost way less

If you're clever at negotiating, you can get them down to almost the same amount as they're already on. One of the best tips, although it could be regarded as a bug, is to offer them a bumper pay rise after an international appearance. Clearly at that level, it's never happening - with English players anyway - but players are stupid enough to accept it.

Another is offering them a % of next sale, knowing they will probably get released eventually. However neither that or an international cap bonus is relevant if they won't even enter discussions.

Another thing to take into account (for free transfers) is location, given you can only offer part time contracts. is Canvey Island close to any bigger cities or is it isolated? Players from far away won't join for a part time wage.

Archived