Ass Man advice during match

Hi Guys

I'm not too sure how best to act on your AM advice or your own observations while playing a match.

XXX player has misplaced many passes to opposition. I usually amend PI to shorter passing. I believe lower tempo helps but can you do this for an individual?

Getting skinned too often & missing crucial interceptions. Is the former simply down to pace? Some actions work in some games but not others.

XXX player has misplaced many passes to opposition. I usually amend PI to shorter passing. I believe lower tempo helps but can you do this for an individual?

Giving him a shorter passing PI may or may not help him depending on the situation. Shorter passing basically reduces his passing range which limits his passing opportunities. If he is misplacing the long passes then it will help him but if he is just having a bad day it won't.

Likewise lower tempo will encourage him to take more time but if the opposition are closing him down he'll get caught on the ball more often.

Overall you need to try to identify why he is giving the ball away and how to help him. The most important is make sure other players are making themselves available to receive passes.

Getting skinned too often & missing crucial interceptions. Is the former simply down to pace? Some actions work in some games but not others.

If he is getting skinned it could be down to pace but also a result of him stepping forward to challenge the opposition player. Standing off and forcing the opposition player to come to him can work.

If he is getting skinned it could be down to pace but also a result of him stepping forward to challenge the opposition player. Standing off and forcing the opposition player to come to him can work.

Ah this is interesting. 2 of my tactics have a TI of hassle opponents, would this cause the problem? So amend the PI to an offender to close down less rather than the whole team to stand off opponents?

Ah this is interesting. 2 of my tactics have a TI of hassle opponents, would this cause the problem? So amend the PI to an offender to close down less rather than the whole team to stand off opponents?

Yes if the opposition player has far more pace (Often winger vs fullback) then using a standoff PI can work.

Yes if the opposition player has far more pace (Often winger vs fullback) then using a standoff PI can work.

Thanks Cougar. It is those positions who are usually the culprits as well. I will give it a go.

Does anyone have advice for 'missing crucial interceptions'. I've noticed the accused player appears to be playing ok most of the time & I can't find anything in PI's to help.

Thanks Cougar. It is those positions who are usually the culprits as well. I will give it a go.

Does anyone have advice for 'missing crucial interceptions'. I've noticed the accused player appears to be playing ok most of the time & I can't find anything in PI's to help.

What highlight level are you watching it at? It usually means he is getting caught/dragged out of position, or he could be simply having a poor game and not reading the threats quick enough.

What highlight level are you watching it at? It usually means he is getting caught/dragged out of position, or he could be simply having a poor game and not reading the threats quick enough.

I watch all games in comprehensive in slow mode. It often takes 20-30 mins to play a game. I usually play with creative freedom, bar 1 tactic, based on my players having high creativity as well as other attributes. Would you suggest adding a PI of hold position for these. As you say they may be having a poor game.

Archived