Is it even possible..

..to expand / get a new stadium in FMC while playing in Finland? I've been playing as Ilves now for 7 seasons, gone to Europa League group stage, had the second biggest avg. attendance for 3 seasons now (after HJK of course), but I still can't get a bigger stadium. I guess it's fairly realistic as there have been no new stadiums build in Finland for centuries! But I just want to know if there's some kind of hardcoded limit or should I just stay patient and try to continue my game asking new stadiums every season? This really hampers a long-term game in Finland and takes away the fun. In theory around Tampere (Ilves) region there could be a large fanbase in real life.

I think SI would of codded it so any team in any country can get a stadium upgrade or a new one built, some boards can be very tight, keep hanging in and if continue to get stadium fills or close it then ask at the end of the season. that might give the board some time to look at the past attendences and might give you that proposal.

It all depends. The build date of the current stadium (20 year rule), if it has expansion capacity or not. Even if you're above capacity, if it's just slightly it won't justify a new stadium. Given you don't fall under the 20 year rule and your stadium is maxed out and you continuously play successful, both financially and in competitions, you should get a new stadium. I had one with JJK .

Archived