[FM2015] USA World Class MLS (8 levels)

I know I'm keeping everyone in suspense - I'm going to simulate a year before I officially release things.

Everything is verified, I'm not going to make any more changes, and I'm already working on designing the new Club World Championship optional file.

Estimated release time for 1.0: 9pm EST or in 3 1/2 hours from the time of this post.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Download it here (version 1.0): http://www.mediafire.com/download/6d2719ak4x6j13q/USA+World+Class+MLS+w_+NACL+Version+1.0_B0FBAF7E-9580-4902-8880-B7B743C2DBCF.fmf

Original Clubs Version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1hc8jr57qihmb86/USA_World_Class_MLS_w__NACL_Version_1.0__Original_Clubs__64F4DE27-51FF-4C6E-B483-B4BE601FC21F.fmf

Logos: Coming soon!

We've reached the end people...version 1.0 is finally here. This doesn't mean I'm going to rest, however! I'm still going to be working on the optional Club World Championship file to be integrated into this project within a week. From what I've heard, a link to the logos should be arriving soon (I had one suggestion before he finalized them). Also, I strive for this project to last as long is it possibly can (considering how many months it took to make this). I welcome any bug reports, suggestions, debates, etc to be posted here. I will keep on top of this project when database patches come out, and I also hope to make this compatible with FM16 when that comes around. With that said, get out there and enjoy! Thank you for all your patience and support.

VERSION 1.0 RELEASED

Changes

1) Fixed crash issue - staggered reserve and U18 match dates (Sunday = Reserves, Friday = U18s)

2) Removed about 1000 failed changes… only reduced file size by about 10kb... abandoning that project.

3) Reentered nation average wage and transfer prices after I realized FM15 reverted them back.

4) Small rule change to ensure “flips” don’t happen by mistake when teams are being sorted into East/West groups in MLS and MLN –dim13

5) Fixed Canada and Puerto Rico work permit issue – Joseph R. Cooper

6) Changed date of NACL final to take place on the saturday 6 days after Prime Cup –dim13

7) Reorganized menu list order of leagues and cups – put championships lower than cups in menu list because can’t add/remove them properly in game menu.

8) Increased all clubs minimum attendances.

9) Increased MLS team regular attendances

10) Increased MLS team transfer and wage budgets

11) Increased income potential for semi-pro teams

12) Made A1 league a mixture of amateur and semi-pro teams.

13) Made David Beckham owner of Miami,

14) Set career plans for many older and retiring MLS players to want to be head coaches in USA

15) Created over 300 head coaches to make sure every club has one at game start.

16) About 12 derbies added

17) Increased reputation of MLS Prime Cup to raise ceiling of what reputation USA clubs can attain in long term games.

Still searching for a guide to upload to Steam Workshop... if anyone has anything post here

My Publish to Workshop button is grayed out in the editor.

Ok, figured it out. I'm gonna wait a few days before steam publishing - probably safest thing to do.

I had trouble with all these files until yesterday when i got 1.0 to finally work. Now that there is a new patch for FM it doesn't work again. I do have a lot of other data files running but 1.0 did work before

the new patch as I mentioned.

Darn, I was hoping to get it fixed before anyone noticed :p

As far as I can tell, it only doesn't work if you change anything in the editor but it's been working for me if you use the version currently up as is...

Having other files running probably will mess things up in ways I can't begin to understand yet lol. Which ones are they?

Im waiting untill your world file comes out then it is time for the ft lauderdale strikers to dominate the country and the world !

No one wants the world file to come out sooner than I! I haven't had a chance to sit down and actually "play" this game in months! :lol: first I have to deal with these crummy issues from the new editor patch. We are lucky I decided to release it when I did... maybe a few hours later and I'd have to be fixing these issues before I released 1.0.

Here's what I'm dealing with just so you all know:

1) The custom stage names decided to get cleared from various areas of the file after this patch, so I had to manually find where they were erased and put them back in.

2) The relegation playoffs for levels 1-4 have now decided to not work like they are programmed to work by refusing to wait for the league championships to finish before being created and checking for teams. This is despite the fact that I have certain competitions set in the "requirements" box for it to wait for to finish. As some of you may know, the relegation playoffs need to wait for the lower league championship to finish so they can get the winning teams from that championship to play in the playoff. I would really hate to have to change this to a boring "Team in top league position qualifies for playoff" type of league, so I can say that I'm banging my head to get it back working the way it did!

Basically I run pr0's files and a few nations files like Japan etc. I really hope I can get this to work again it looked amazing when it did run. It always says that there are 18 teams in mls not 20 etc.

It seems to interfere with the Japan file I have :(

Basically I run pr0's files and a few nations files like Japan etc. I really hope I can get this to work again it looked amazing when it did run. It always says that there are 18 teams in mls not 20 etc.

It seems to interfere with the Japan file I have :(

Do you think it's incompatible with the Japan file based on testing all of them 1v1 with the USA file? It'd be great to know which files individually are compatible and which aren't.

Maybe wait until I release 1.1, it might work again with the other files but I don't know :/

Is this compatible with 14? I put it into the correct folder but when choosing leagues at the start it doesn't show up.

I don't think it is - the FM15 editor made a lot of changes to the way the files are (I think they are saved as .fmf files not, not the old .dbc) and also a couple of new database entries exclusive to FM15 are used (new Virginia Cavalry, New York FC, etc) that probably won't exist if you're firing up an old FM14 database.

While I certainly welcome the fixes that the new editor patch has given us, it has broken a couple parts of this file. A lot of what I did was made possible by exploiting certain "bugs", if you want to call them that, in the older version of the editor (of course, I had no idea they were bugs at the time, but whatever the patch did seemed to have made my editing invalid). One fix that is causing me issue are the new warnings that pop up when verifying the game - I'm unable to verify all 8 levels anymore when previously I could. To put it simply right now I'm faced with having to rebuild the relegation playoffs, different than the way they are currently very possibly, and this could be a bit of a lengthy process with the real-world things I have to take care of.

As far as I can tell, the existing downloads (version 1.0 and 1.0 Original Clubs) work just as intended in the game AS LONG AS YOU DON'T TOUCH THEM IN THE EDITOR. If anyone has information that runs counter to this, please report it here.

Great work on this- this mustve taken forever. However, i have one question- when I used a database for the US in 14, clubs were randomly assigned to the NACL without regard for their finishing position, and I realized that in the clubs information screen their wasn't a listing for their continental competition, even if they were in it- and I noticed that this is the case in this database too- will qualification and the NACL work fine, or are their glitches regarding that? I do have another world megabuck installed with NA clubs and it had a NACL fix in it, if that makes a difference.

Great work on this- this mustve taken forever. However, i have one question- when I used a database for the US in 14, clubs were randomly assigned to the NACL without regard for their finishing position, and I realized that in the clubs information screen their wasn't a listing for their continental competition, even if they were in it- and I noticed that this is the case in this database too- will qualification and the NACL work fine, or are their glitches regarding that? I do have another world megabuck installed with NA clubs and it had a NACL fix in it, if that makes a difference.

Hi rcolesworthy, thanks for testing it as long as you have.

Yeah, I had to remake the NACL with a more streamlined qualification system - that way I could include a couple extra cups to qualify teams from (NA Supporters shield, PR cup, Prime cup, etc) so I didn't put in the seedings assigning clubs to groups based on finishing position. What was important to me was that they all start in the group stage and I'd go from there.

As for why it wasn't being listed, it might be because I had the NACL set as a domestic division in the rules - I changed it to Club Champions Cup. We'll see if that fixes it. EDIT: The reason it doesn't appear is because the USA game starts on June 4th and I have the NACL drawn on July 1st-ish. So you're starting the game inbetween NACL cup years.

Your other NACL files definitely won't work with this because the rules I made for the NACL in my file override all the other rules.1

Hope that helps, sorry it's not as detailed as you'd like. I don't know if the NACL could be perfectly replicated in the advanced rules exactly like it was in the game with the way I added new teams and qualifying cups to it.

so no world championship file for a while

Unknown, but if things go well maybe in 1-3 days If not, longer.

I'm rebuilding a few things in the main file. Sometimes I make a breakthrough and it goes fast, other times (like now) I hit a snag and pound my head for a bit.

I 'll keep everyone updated. I just overcame my current hurdle and should be able to get a lot done tonight. Things are looking up! Keep believing lol

(and yes I had been on the editor for 2 hours straight since my last post lol)

Hey everyone. Ive completed all the fixes I needed to make and in the process and made a number of improvements. This means the new 1.1 version should be up sometime today after verifying and simulating the game a year in game. Then soon I'll finish the world file and should put it up today as well.

The editor fix has been a blessing in disguise - a lot of the editing I did was a workaround for previous issues in the editor (namely issues with the "get teams from lower division if inactive" rule and others. Once they were fixed I had to undo the workarounds and rebuild a few things.

Here are some of the improvements -

Can now play with just MLS loaded

Cup competitions will be disabled when certain levels not loaded

Better match schedling with offset date programming - no more match congestion every so often with sat - mon - weds games on rare occasions. Now scheduling is smarter w sat-weds only or sometimes sun-weds and sat-tues.

All logos and icons done they fall inline with 1.0

Normal - https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2xxfe26c84jhp/USA_lvl_9_-_normal

Icon - https://www.mediafire.com/folder/eowea0g9yapbk/USA_lvl9_-_small

Fairly straight forward in the same Football Manager 15 folder as your editor data, create a graphics folder, in that USA folder, load all the normal into a folder called the same, and the same for the icons (called icons or small). clear your cache in preferences and reload skin. done.

All logos and icons done they fall inline with 1.0

Normal - https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2xxfe26c84jhp/USA_lvl_9_-_normal

Icon - https://www.mediafire.com/folder/eowea0g9yapbk/USA_lvl9_-_small

Fairly straight forward in the same Football Manager 15 folder as your editor data, create a graphics folder, in that USA folder, load all the normal into a folder called the same, and the same for the icons (called icons or small). clear your cache in preferences and reload skin. done.

Amazing work Wkdsoul... you are the man!

I agree with Joseph - any way to get those zipped up into a single folder? It's taking awhile trying to download them one by one (mediafire doesn't allow bulk downloads unless you upgrade to a premium account).

Alternatively, the old link you sent me from dropbox worked out great - they all downloaded at once as a .zip. Maybe upload it there and send us a link?

Version 1.1 Released!

Download it here (version 1.1): http://www.mediafire.com/download/ay52ldt26f5p3b1/USA_World_Class_MLS_Version_1.1_with_NACL_D9E5AE5A-25FB-4B52-ADBD-1D2AAC6A7288.fmf

Original Clubs Version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/smwpylomdfvcwe7/USA_World_Class_MLS_V._1.1_Original_Clubs_w_NACL_84A5F41A-E1E0-49F1-8AE4-1D96FF25CF93.fmf

A note to editors: this file is so massive it takes me 20 minutes to verify all 8 levels.

1.1 Changes

- Updated to be editor 15.2 compatible (details too long to mention). Should be safe for you to edit again.

- Changed a few stage name rounds (some were still saying MiR and MiE from old versions of this project)

- Changed the final round name in several championships to “Final” or "grand final" to avoid anymore news reports of “Team X won the Xbox Championship Championship”

- Finally figured out how to disable competitions based on what level you choose, IE: Xbox championship will only appear if Xbox league lower is loaded. Speaking of which…

- Fixed issue where you were required to have Xbox MLN Level 2 loaded, now you can play this game without Level 2 MLN loaded and only level 1 =))

- Staggered a couple hundred end-of-season awards so they don’t all appear on the same date.

- New match scheduling system to prevent unnecessary congestion - should never see Sat-Mon-Wed game trio again.

- Changed the way the game handles concussions to be more in line with medical community’s recommendations. Balanced this by reducing how common a concussion is (It used to be as common as “gashed leg, dead leg, now it is as common as “broken finger, back strain, hernia). Recommendations say players should remain out of the game as long as headaches are occurring, which should take 1-4 weeks depending on the injury. I increased the injury time from 5-11 days to 7-21 days.

- Fixed issue where A1 and AA championship finals had 2 legs when should have had 1.

Anyways whats the eta on the CWC? Gonna start a new game with the data as 1.0 kept getting me FM'd in the 2nd half figure I'd hold off and play another game the dropped this week if its gonna be anytime soon.

I'd like to release CWC tonight - finishing up and testing.

It's gonna require 2 files - the USA World Class MLS 1.1 w/ CWC and the CWC file (Haven't thought of a name yet).

I'll let you know if I can't get it out tonight say in 2-3 hours

In the meantime check out the club seedings in the clubsheet - click on the CWC tab at the bottom

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cNvLw6-Z5SpFaufs8e6Bbu2Yx_nrvhcDwkU6Hcn4DWQ/edit?pli=1#gid=0

... or wait until LATE tonight because I just somehow fixed this bug (full disclosure: the bug scared the **** out of me so for a moment there and I had no idea if it could get fixed... *deep breaths* :lol:

Need to take the next hour and verify rules for 1.1 CWC and 1.1 Original clubs CWC (about 20 min each) and simulate a year or 2.

I swear I don't know how these bugs get fixed but my Xmas must have come early.

There's a bunch of regens with the last name "Lower League," not sure how that popped up but it's a decent number of the guys. I'd love to help playtest eventually.

That's weird - I created several template managers when I was making managers for every club. They were named Fake Professional, Fake Ambitious, and Fake Lower League,... lmao it looks like we learned a little bit about how regens work in this game. I could have sworn I deleted the template managers. EDIT: I did delete all the templates... so why is someone named lower league? I have no clue...

Which file are you using?

I am reasonably satisfied with these results.

Main File: Must have this one loaded.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l85mv7zq6rg278v/USA_WCMLS_-_FIFA_CWC_File_A56A64E6-3F6A-4E8D-B85C-2A35A29B256B.fmf

MLS File: must have one of these loaded.

Standard - http://www.mediafire.com/download/4iuo7b9i9p0ibzr/USA_World_Class_MLS_version_1.1_with_CWC_0DDA35D8-4FFA-4F54-8CC8-E6EB6AE9092E.fmf

Original Clubs - http://www.mediafire.com/download/smwpylomdfvcwe7/USA_World_Class_MLS_V._1.1_Original_Clubs_w_NACL_84A5F41A-E1E0-49F1-8AE4-1D96FF25CF93.fmf

I will post a description in the next post.

You need the main file loaded with one of the MLS files.

Main File: Must have this one loaded.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l85mv7zq6rg278v/USA_WCMLS_-_FIFA_CWC_File_A56A64E6-3F6A-4E8D-B85C-2A35A29B256B.fmf

MLS File: must have one of these loaded.

Standard - http://www.mediafire.com/download/4iuo7b9i9p0ibzr/USA_World_Class_MLS_version_1.1_with_CWC_0DDA35D8-4FFA-4F54-8CC8-E6EB6AE9092E.fmf

Original Clubs - http://www.mediafire.com/download/smwpylomdfvcwe7/USA_World_Class_MLS_V._1.1_Original_Clubs_w_NACL_84A5F41A-E1E0-49F1-8AE4-1D96FF25CF93.fmf

About:

- 3 Club World Championship tournament levels – Gold, Silver, and Bronze (naming scheme borrowed from Krlenjushka’s FM15 FIFA Nations League)

- Volkswagen friendly invitational cup has been inactivated to make room for the CWC matches in July.

- All continental club competitions have also been deactivated and won't schedule any more matches.

Gold

Top team from 64 leagues (64 teams)

Group round = 16 groups of 4. After 6 games, top 2 from each group progress.

Cup round = 32 teams compete until there is a winner.

Silver

160 teams compete

Preliminary round = 96 teams, aggregate over 2 legs

Group round = 16 groups of 7. After 6 games, top 4 from each group progress

Cup round = 64 teams compete until there is a winner.

Bronze

*Same as Silver Cup

For club seedings, view the spreadsheet and click on CWC Seedings tab on the bottom.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cNvLw6-Z5SpFaufs8e6Bbu2Yx_nrvhcDwkU6Hcn4DWQ/edit?pli=1#gid=292624518

The CWC is really angry at claasens nation mods, Im gonna try and deal with which ones specifically in the morning.

lol.... oh man. Describe it or post a screenshot of the nations screen if you get a chance tomorrow. I can't wait to get some sleep.

Amazing work Wkdsoul... you are the man!

I agree with Joseph - any way to get those zipped up into a single folder? It's taking awhile trying to download them one by one (mediafire doesn't allow bulk downloads unless you upgrade to a premium account).

Alternatively, the old link you sent me from dropbox worked out great - they all downloaded at once as a .zip. Maybe upload it there and send us a link?

Oh balls. i knew one of them did, yeah i throw them up on dropbox later.

:)

Normal - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yi2ethj4pu6km24/AAA-0L1b9ni-d6WgnrwtkoNxa?dl=0

Icon - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pzrzgx4uxsdcggf/AAByTkObRECLiuxlEpdIq_c9a?dl=0

MiIf anyone wants to take a crack at a tough bug, I'm open to any help I can get. It was recently reported that regens are being made with the first name "Fake" and the surnames "Lower League", Professional, Ambitious, A1, and Amt. It's a small number, maybe 200 people out of the 10,000 or more that get created. But still, this isn't good.

I created people with these names to use as a template. I duplicated them and changed their names when I was created head coaches. I deleted the records with these names, but it seems like they've survived in the duplicated people somehow (it probably saves the fake names somewhere as a history of the duplicate it was created from). Now these names are in the regen name file somehow.

How do I remove these names from my database? They will only appear with my files loaded.

Edit: I tested with a file that deleted any managers created from the duplicates and the game still creates regens w those names. Suggests issue is in the .fmf file wgich editing that directly isnt my specialty. Any know howif I can do any changes there?

Ok, maybe if I could save the .fmf file as an .xml I could have a look. I cant though, even if its uncompressed in editor. Anyone know how to save this to an .xml?

Ok, to summarize - I need to save this .fmf file as a .xml file to see if I can remove the names from it. In the FM15 editor, I uncheck "save as compressed file". I repeat, I'm not saving it compressed. But when I go to save it it always saves as a .fmf file. Why can't anything ever be easy? lol.

How do I turn this into an .xml to fix this name bug?

graaa,

Here is the .xml file for the Original Teams (v1.1 with CWC):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lfjr6p04wpdtfg7/USA_World_Class_MLS_V._1.1.wcw_Original_Clubs.rar

If you save uncompressed, while it is saving the editor creates a temporary .xml file and then deletes it. It's tricky, but if you're quick enough you can copy and paste the temporary .xml file between the time it's created and deleted. In this case, I copied when it's was around 130,000 in size. If you wait too long the temp .xml file will be deleted, and too early you won't get the full .xml file.

I read on the forum somewhere, if you save the file ("Save As") uncompressed, then save again using "Save" (not "Save As"), you can then extract the .xml file with the Resource Archiver. I got this to work a few times, but not all of the time and not in the case of your file. Maybe I'm not remembering how to save and extract with the Resource Archiver correctly. In any case, luckily your file is big enough where it is possible to copy and paste the temp .xml file before it is automatically deleted.

graaa,

Here is the .xml file for the Original Teams (v1.1 with CWC):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lfjr6p04wpdtfg7/USA_World_Class_MLS_V._1.1.wcw_Original_Clubs.rar

If you save uncompressed, while it is saving the editor creates a temporary .xml file and then deletes it. It's tricky, but if you're quick enough you can copy and paste the temporary .xml file between the time it's created and deleted. In this case, I copied when it's was around 130,000 in size. If you wait too long the temp .xml file will be deleted, and too early you won't get the full .xml file.

I read on the forum somewhere, if you save the file ("Save As") uncompressed, then save again using "Save" (not "Save As"), you can then extract the .xml file with the Resource Archiver. I got this to work a few times, but not all of the time and not in the case of your file. Maybe I'm not remembering how to save and extract with the Resource Archiver correctly. In any case, luckily your file is big enough where it is possible to copy and paste the temp .xml file before it is automatically deleted.

You are a giant among men. I can't believe the solution was that obtuse...

I opened it up and found 980 instances of the word "Fake". I'm going to use the 'replace' tool and replace all of them with the name "Terrance" and then I'm going to replace the last names with various Italian last names that I feel are sorely lacking in the USA name list (Lombardi, Russo, Gagliano, Giordano, etc)

So correct me if I'm wrong, once I do my changes, all I need to do is use the resource archiver to turn this back into an .FML file right?

EDIT:

Ok, it's IMPORT I think in the editor.... this has the nice of effect of finding a bunch of errors in the XML which I have to manually delete lol. I'll let you know if this ends up working.

graaa,

Yes once you make the changes in the .xml file, you'll need to Import the .xml file into the Editor. Once it's opened up in the Editor you can then save it again as .fmf and save it compressed.

Several of the instances of "Fake" in the .xml file are in the odvl tag (Old value). But there are plenty with an Old value of "Fake" and a NULL New value.

I'm going to call it the Dim13 miracle.

It worked - I got rid of all the stupid fake names and replaced them with stupid Italian ones. Lol jk.

I'll get the version 1.11 out late tonight or tomorrow - no rush - I want to make sure nothing failed to transfer over from the XML file.

If anyone is really in need of the new file they can wait to download it and start a new game. Otherwise, I'd probably keep playing the game you have.

Using the in-game editor to change them or setting a nickname for the offending name is a quick way to fix things.

Now someone really needs to fix this editor and make it spit out .xml files on its own without that crazy workaround dim13 had to do.

I couldn't get around to getting on FM much today, with the Lions on a 4pm game I'll have 3 hours in the early afternoon to kill. Ill send the screenshots of the lists then, IIRC, every single one outside of England was kill.

Hey Joseph -

just had a major breakthrough that might improve compatibility. *might*.

I found a way to combine the Main CWC file with the Club CWC files into ONE. Maybe with CWC as one file there's less room for compatibility issues... you'll have to test it tomorrow of course. I'll release it late tonight.

EDIT:

releasing it in the afternoon

Archived