[FM2015] USA World Class MLS (8 levels)

when you were testing did a us team win a world comp

In the first 2 years, no. that's all I tested however. Los Angeles made it to the quarter finals one of the years. It is certainly possible with a human coach or a computer coach. With a computer coach it may take much longer though.

graaa,

Just curious, the MLS Prime Cup Wild Card round is 2 legs, is that intentional ? MLS has the Wild Card round as only 1 leg (high seed is home team).

Unintentional - i will fix this. It makes more sense to have that Wednesday off before the playoffs too from a strictly scheduling perspective.

I'm going to be releasing all 4 new 1.11 files in about an hour.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys have been very patient and my editor has been very slow...

the reason for my delay is because I just found that Canadian teams weren't qualifying for the CWC games. I'm trying to rectify this. Hopefully will get something soon. Will keep you informed.

Esteemed colleagues,

I have determined to my satisfaction that the CWC works fully as intended, with Canadian teams being allowed a birth into the competition based on their MLS division performance, or more specifically, their Prime Cup performance.

Now the winner of the prime cup qualifies for the FIFA CWC Gold Trophy. The runner up and the 2 runners up of the conference championships qualify for the Silver Trophy. The 4 losers of the semi-final round will play in a one-off game Bronze Trophy Qualifying Best Place round, with the 2 winners qualifying for the FIFA Bronze trophy. The 2 losers of that round will play a one-off game Bronze Trophy Qualifying Final Place round, with the winner finally getting the 3rd spot in the FIFA bronze trophy.

Here is my release schedule

1) 5:30pm drive to starbux while laptop is verifying rules in my backpack.

2) 6:00 pm - Upload Version 1.11 Original Clubs w CWC.

3) 6:00pm - verify rules for 1.11 w CWC

4) 6:30PM - upload 1.11 w CWC

5) 6:30pm - verify Original Clubs w NACL

6) 7:00pm - upload Original Clubs w NACL

7) 7:00pm - verify 1.11 w NACL

8) 7:30pm - upload 1.11 w NACL

The only delays I'm anticipating are if the Starbux is crowded and there's no place to plug my laptop in. Then i'll have to go to the Dunkin Donuts.

Will keep you updated.

Having problems with the CWC file. Get this error message when I have it selected.

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/6668/TTqRrB.jpg

I have the correct MLS file selected when I get this.

This will be fixed with the new 1.11 CWC file. It will all be ONE file now (standard or original clubs version)

this should hopefully improve compatibility with other editor files too.

6:00 - 1.11 Original Clubs w CWC

http://www.mediafire.com/download/soj483j4azhbzdw/USA_World_Class_MLS_1.11_Original_Clubs_w_CWC._7F412104-2D41-4031-A0DB-0ED85D9B0AEB.fmf

***There is no quick way to fix the home/away draw for wild card. will add it for fixes to do next edition.

7:00 - 1.11 w CWC

https://www.mediafire.com/?gwumg9i149t7u11

7:40 - 1.11 Original Clubs w NACL

8:00 - 1.11 w NACL

30 minutes to verify each file! Check back to this post where I will update with the links.

I'm weighing whether to just wait until tomorrow to release it. I think I can fix the wild card home/away issue and I think that it'd be better to release one final version of this until the next FM update. I know it's a huge bummer for people hoping to play it today, but it's better to get a top quality product than to get one with a minor* and I mean minor issue in it that I'd want to fix soon anyway.

The only issue is with the wild card of the prime cup - the home team is never reliably the team ranked 4th in the conference like it should be. If that doesn't bother you, and you want to CWC version, they are both up there and ready to go. If you want this fix, wait and I will have it up/.

Currently Retesting with Claassen's 71 Additional Leagues, minus his US stuff as I never installed it, everything works unless listed below.

---------------------

Faroe Islands - Nukes the list.

Georgia - Nukes the list.

Sudan - Broken.

That is all.

Congrats man, you've pretty much won FM Editor.

Currently Retesting with Claassen's 71 Additional Leagues, minus his US stuff as I never installed it, everything works unless listed below.

---------------------

Sudan - Broken.

That is all.

Congrats man, you've pretty much won FM Editor.

Dude, if I can get this stupid wild card issue fixed I'm going to put this editor down for a year lmao. Just one...!!...more...!!...fix!!!!

How does qualifying for the CWC work? i understand the number of spaces given to nations, but how are they allocated in the individual countries ( e.g. league placement, winning the prime cup)? Also, are the the spots given to nations that are either gold, silver, or bronze able to be changed, for example if I took over, say, a team from Bangledesh and raised it into top league, could it get a team placed in the Gold Cup? That would be fun

Dude, if I can get this stupid wild card issue fixed I'm going to put this editor down for a year lmao. Just one...!!...more...!!...fix!!!!

I've actually modified v1.1 (for my own use) and this seemed to work for the WC with 1 Leg and #4 team at Home:

MLS Prime Cup->Stage 0->Teams:

- Break apart the selection of the 4th and 5th place teams into 2 separate "Get League Stage Teams"

1) Modify: Get League Stage Teams, Max Teams = 2 (was 4), Top & Bottom Positions = 4 and 4 (instead of 3 and 4), seed = 8 (leave the Sort teams, Reverse and Seeding Method as is)

2) Add: Get League Stage Teams, Max Teams = 2, Top & Bottom Positions = 3 and 3, seed = 6, Sort Teams Longitude, Reverse order, Incremental Seeding (Same as #1).

The rest of the teams for Teams finishing #1-3 are fine and leave as is.

Round 0:

- Change "Number of Legs" to 1 (from 2) - obviously

- Draw Rules: - Add: "Higher Seed Team Plays At Home"

Will also need to add the Match Rules from Match 2 to Match 1, since there no longer will be a Match 2.

I tested this a few years and didn't see any problems with the WC Round or Semi-Final seeding, etc.

Hope this helps some.

I tried something like this but there will be a problem with the semi final -

In the semi final you want the Top team to play the wild card winner. The seeding for the Top team is East = 0. Top team west = 1. If you have the east and west winners of the wild card have the same seeding (6 or 8), and if both teams seeded 6 win, the game won't know which team (east or west) to assign to Top team East. It will seed it East 0 vs. east 6 OR west 6.

I'm trying to do something different, let me know if I am wrong about earlier point. I would love for that to work.

graaa,

Also a minor note of the Level 1 - Verizon Relegation Cup. You have the Teams from Level 1 - Verizon Teams as the #1 Seeds and the teams from Level 2- XBox League as the #0 (top) Seeds. Should be reversed. I believe all of the other Relegation Cups in Levels 2-7 are fine (seeds are opposite of the Level 1 Relegation Cup).

Not really a problem though since it's 2 Legs anyway. Just thought you might want to be aware of this.

graaa,

Also a minor note of the Level 1 - Verizon Relegation Cup. You have the Teams from Level 1 - Verizon Teams as the #1 Seeds and the teams from Level 2- XBox League as the #0 (top) Seeds. Should be reversed. I believe all of the other Relegation Cups in Levels 2-7 are fine (seeds are opposite of the Level 1 Relegation Cup).

Not really a problem though since it's 2 Legs anyway. Just thought you might want to be aware of this.

If it doesn't end up changing the games, I'm gonna keep it as is. every edit I do takes 2-3 seconds to register so I'm trying to limit my clicks lol. how about u? things slowing down with this huge file?

EDIT:

meh, it's 3 clicks. I'll change it

Ok. i have a working system. I used the individual group rules in the MLS league stage to make the top 5 teams in each group to qualify for 2 different stages - east and west stage. Then in the prime cup, I create 2 stages (east and west stages) with the wild card, semi final, championship, and finally the winner of each stage play in Prime Cup ( a 3rd stage). I'm going to copy this over for the Xbox championship rules and then I have to copy these to the other 3 files (NACL and CWC + CWC original clubs). then verify them all (2 hours) so i'll get this done tomorrow.

I have an orientation tomorrow for my new job so I should get this done tomorrow night.

Thank you all for your patience but I think we're gonna finally have a "perfect" file to work from here.

EDIT:

Just think, all these hours for one tiny fix (having the wild card game be played on the right home field)... will it be worth it? You bet.

How does qualifying for the CWC work? i understand the number of spaces given to nations, but how are they allocated in the individual countries ( e.g. league placement, winning the prime cup)? Also, are the the spots given to nations that are either gold, silver, or bronze able to be changed, for example if I took over, say, a team from Bangledesh and raised it into top league, could it get a team placed in the Gold Cup? That would be fun

That's the idea originally set out to do! However there's a ton working against me to realize this...

For one, playing this (and ANY) custom league that gets rid of the traditional hard-coded continental cups will break the dynamic league system (so no taking Bangledesh to top league). You were originally limited from doing this anyway, because the highest reputation cup a bangledesh team can play in was the original CWC which only had a rep of like 160 I think? You need to be playing a rep 200 cup (only the European Champions Cup is this rating) to take a league to the top. But now, however, you can take your TEAM to the top because every team in (almost) every country has a chance to play in a 200 rated comptition (not just those darn europeans!)

That brings me to my next point - how did I allocate seedings? And do they change?

Based LOOSELY on their current reputations and the current number of seedings they have in their existing continental cups. For example, England, Spain etc will have 7 teams (that's around what they have for 2 European cups). Brazil will have 7 teams (despite only have 5 or 6? for Copa Libertadores). African teams usually have around 2 for the Africnan CC but I bumped it up to 3 here. etc. It's all a little bit arbitrary but it's based off what they currently have and what their reputations are. have a look at the spreadsheet and feel free to offer a critique of the seedings

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cNvLw6-Z5SpFaufs8e6Bbu2Yx_nrvhcDwkU6Hcn4DWQ/edit?pli=1#gid=292624518

For the USA it's special. The winner of Prime Cup goes to Gold. The runner up goes to silver. the runner ups of the conference championships also go silver. Then for the bronze, the 4 runner ups of the semi finals play a one-off game to decide the first 2 qualified teams and the losers play a final one-off game to decide the 3rd and last.

The countries i left out are war- torn countries like Iraq Syria and Afghanistan and any country with a reputation lower than I think 1500 in the editor. if there were ties, it went to countries that had a higher game importance setting and higher reputation top division leagues.

finally, since I don't think anyone knows how to use the editor to make a tournament with Euro-like coefficients, I had to make the qualifying countries permanent and their seedings permanent. So no, can't take Tuvalu to the gold trophy championships =( Like they'll be around long enough anyway. sorry Tuvalu.

Version 1.2

1.2 w NACL

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c30marmwpyobd61/USA_World_Class_MLS_1.2_w_NACL_EBAE1A5E-ADCB-41F8-BC2E-38882F0CF380.fmf

1.2 Original Clubs w NACL

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ql24c70d8x8uq30/USA_World_Class_MLS_1.2_Original_Clubs_w_NACL_352611B4-1930-41A0-98F5-2DA26AFB79DD(2).fmf

1.2 w CWC

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g5zhxhv9s6uyl8p/USA_World_Class_MLS_1.2_w_CWC_621C7C9D-3CC4-40BC-9EC4-400B19645F6E.fmf

1.2 Original Clubs w CWC

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5q8z6vemz94p2wt/USA_World_Class_MLS_1.2_Original_Clubs_w_CWC_8F5BD246-4E6A-4027-9251-09D88AAB5040.fmf

I am taking a break for editing for awhile to enjoy playing a long term save and adjust to starting a new job. I still welcome any feedback and bug reports in this post. This is truly the best version to date and I will be releasing it to Steam soon as well. If there are MAJOR bugs I somehow missed, I’ll fix it right away. If it’s minor, report it and I’ll get it in the next update (planning on that being around the time of the next SI database update if needed).

--------------------------------------------------------------

Changes

1) Championship and relegation playoff perfection – I’ve made several breakthroughs in coding the championship games (including the Prime Cup) and the relegation playoffs the way I had always intended. I’ll write more on this on the first post. – thanks to dim13 for help

2) Fixed the fake name regen bug. All instances of “Lower League” “Fake” “Ambitious”, etc have been removed from the file and won’t appear as regen names any longer. – thanks to Ruh Roh

3) Fixed a roster error and added Minnesota Twin Stars back into the “Original Clubs” file (replacing custom club St. Paul FC). –Thanks to rcolesworthy

graaa,

Thank you very much for sharing your files and for all of your dedication and hard work with this project. It's is very much appreciated and you've made FM15 much more enjoyable !! :)

I do have a couple of questions:

1) Regarding the CWC file, is the NACL also included for the Verizon teams or are the Verizon league teams omitted from the NACL (in favor of the CWC) ?

2) Regarding Prize Money, teams finishing 2nd-10th receive the same amount of prize money. Just wondering why you chose this over increasing amount of prize money the higher the team finishes. Parity ?

graaa,

Thank you very much for sharing your files and for all of your dedication and hard work with this project. It's is very much appreciated and you've made FM15 much more enjoyable !! :)

I do have a couple of questions:

1) Regarding the CWC file, is the NACL also included for the Verizon teams or are the Verizon league teams omitted from the NACL (in favor of the CWC) ?

2) Regarding Prize Money, teams finishing 2nd-10th receive the same amount of prize money. Just wondering why you chose this over increasing amount of prize money the higher the team finishes. Parity ?

It's been my pleasure Dim13 and you've been a huge help catching the things I miss and a supporter of this project from the start. Thank you.

To answer your questions,

in the CWC file I deactivated all the original continental cups so teams are seeded directly into one of the 3 FIFA CWCs based on their league position. Top 1 team goes to CWC Gold, next best (1-3 teams depending on the country) go to CWC Silver, and so on.

For prize money, I decided to give league teams the same prize money, yeah, I had the NFL's idea of parity in mind. I also wanted the real financial rewards to come from the Prime cup. It could seem misleading because the league money is so low, but be assured the winner of the prime cup will make well over 25 million for his run through the playoffs and final win. the TV money is set pretty high too, around 40-50 million I think.

in the CWC file I deactivated all the original continental cups so teams are seeded directly into one of the 3 FIFA CWCs based on their league position. Top 1 team goes to CWC Gold, next best (1-3 teams depending on the country) go to CWC Silver, and so on.

I kinda thought so but wasn't sure. I'm somewhat split on whether to go with the NACL or the CWC. I really like the CWC however the 2nd and 3rd best teams miss out on the CWC Gold, where as with the NACL the 2nd and 3rd best teams still have a shot of winning it all. What would be neat is to have the winner of the CWC Bronze qualify for the WCW Silver and then the CWC Silver winner qualify for the CWC Gold. But this might just be too many matches - might be like having the College Basketball NIT winner qualify for the NCAA Tournament.

For prize money, I decided to give league teams the same prize money, yeah, I had the NFL's idea of parity in mind. I also wanted the real financial rewards to come from the Prime cup. It could seem misleading because the league money is so low, but be assured the winner of the prime cup will make well over 25 million for his run through the playoffs and final win. the TV money is set pretty high too, around 40-50 million I think.

Very interesting. I'm warming up to this and think I may actually find it favorable.

Thank you answering my questions. :)

Just D/L'ed the database, went searching for my "local boys" (in this case the Wichita "Wings")...good job, that, although they were an indoor team, but probably our most-known team, and you've based them at Austin-Adair stadium at my neighborhood college, Friends University (where my daughter's attending school), so this is going to be epic should I ever drag the team up the ladder.

Well, I'm trying to use the editor for the first time in any FM game, as I want to make some slight changes. I watched a tutorial vid, but I'm still vexed- How would i change the # of teams qualified for the G/S/B cups, as I want to have more than just the league winners qualify- i.e. top 4 in England, Spain, etc. Also, an idea for someone more skilled in the editor- a kind of super cup between the winners of the Gold, Silver and Bronze cups.

Just D/L'ed the database, went searching for my "local boys" (in this case the Wichita "Wings")...good job, that, although they were an indoor team, but probably our most-known team, and you've based them at Austin-Adair stadium at my neighborhood college, Friends University (where my daughter's attending school), so this is going to be epic should I ever drag the team up the ladder.

I very happy to hear you found your team in there =) I tried to be as inclusive as I could and I did dip into a couple indoor teams here and there. I'm always open to more but I'm glad that one person is satisfied. The stadium research was a lot of fun too - Austin-Adair seemed appropriate for a team of the Wing's caliber. When they make it up to the premier league, maybe you'll see a new 60,000 seater opening in the middle of downtown =)

I kinda thought so but wasn't sure. I'm somewhat split on whether to go with the NACL or the CWC. I really like the CWC however the 2nd and 3rd best teams miss out on the CWC Gold, where as with the NACL the 2nd and 3rd best teams still have a shot of winning it all. What would be neat is to have the winner of the CWC Bronze qualify for the WCW Silver and then the CWC Silver winner qualify for the CWC Gold. But this might just be too many matches - might be like having the College Basketball NIT winner qualify for the NCAA Tournament.

Very interesting. I'm warming up to this and think I may actually find it favorable.

Thank you answering my questions. :)

Well, I'm trying to use the editor for the first time in any FM game, as I want to make some slight changes. I watched a tutorial vid, but I'm still vexed- How would i change the # of teams qualified for the G/S/B cups, as I want to have more than just the league winners qualify- i.e. top 4 in England, Spain, etc. Also, an idea for someone more skilled in the editor- a kind of super cup between the winners of the Gold, Silver and Bronze cups.

Since you both have the same suggestion, I'll address it together. I'm open to ideas on improving the way the CWC is run. I put it together in a week and didn't have the time to develop an interesting way to seed things... just a practical functional way of doing it. I'm open to the idea of having teams qualify between tournaments somehow and a supercup.

I'm too busy to brainstorm it right now, but everyone's welcome to pitch in. I think any improvement needs to account for a couple things:

1) have room for roughly the same number of teams (384 currently, but a good range is the 300-400 range I think.

2) Be inclusive of as many countries as possible (112 countries currently)

3) Fit into a one year schedule that follows as closely as possible the schedule I have with the CWCs - the scheduling will be the hardest part. I have toyed around with a 2 year schedule, but I didn't think too hard about it.

EDIT: And the next update I plan on doing will be when SI releases their new database, so it plan on any changes occurring then.

and rcolesworthy - if this is your first time using the editor the advanced rules will be a little bit hard to grasp at first. I can point you in the right direction, but it will require a guide to explain not just how to change the seedings but also how to change the seedings in MY file. If you look in the list of competitions on the left, the top entry is blank. Open that up and find "teams". that's where the actual seedings are. They are linked to the "nations" menu inside of this blank list as well so look inside both.

graa,

I'm having trouble starting a game with your file, I'm using the 1.2 NACL file without original teams and claasen's leagues. It says "Minimum of 20 teams required for MLS Premier, found only 18", then "found only 7" for the National and so on for every league. However I opened your file on the editor and there is 20 teams in the MLS.

thanks

graa,

I'm having trouble starting a game with your file, I'm using the 1.2 NACL file without original teams and claasen's leagues. It says "Minimum of 20 teams required for MLS Premier, found only 18", then "found only 7" for the National and so on for every league. However I opened your file on the editor and there is 20 teams in the MLS.

thanks

Heres what someone said earlier on this..

---------------------

Sudan - Broken.

That is all.

Pick one. 1.12 with the CWC or 1.12 with the NACL.

Also, are you using any alternate league mods?

Heres what someone said earlier on this..

What they said :lol:

prot651 - choose one and load one file to play, not 2.

casoldi - try without the countries Joseph R Cooper listed. If there's still an issue, give me a full list of what else you have loaded with the USA World Class file

I very happy to hear you found your team in there =) I tried to be as inclusive as I could and I did dip into a couple indoor teams here and there. I'm always open to more but I'm glad that one person is satisfied. The stadium research was a lot of fun too - Austin-Adair seemed appropriate for a team of the Wing's caliber. When they make it up to the premier league, maybe you'll see a new 60,000 seater opening in the middle of downtown =)

Well, in 2015, FC Wichita joins the NPSL outdoor league (no announced stadium yet, might be Austin-Adair?) don't know what level they would fall under in this database. http://www.fcwichita.com/ I'm excited that we're finally going to have outdoor soccer, might actually have to take in a game or two.

Well, in 2015, FC Wichita joins the NPSL outdoor league (no announced stadium yet, might be Austin-Adair?) don't know what level they would fall under in this database. http://www.fcwichita.com/ I'm excited that we're finally going to have outdoor soccer, might actually have to take in a game or two.

I remember reading about that - in fact I seem to recall now someone put the Wings into this game during the development phase when I was accepting club ideas. There might be another fan on here somewhere.

The FC Wichita are in the NPSL which is a 4th tier league in the USA so that roughly translates to a semi-pro team. However in this datbase I bumped them up to a professional status and put them into the FedEx League 2, which is the 4th (out of 8) levels and the lowest professional level right above the 5th level (which is semi-pro).

graaa,

Just a thought/suggestion for your next update after the updated database from SI.

For league championship cups and rounds with 2 legs (MLS Prime Cup, XBox, promotion/relegation cups, etc), maybe add to the Draw Rule: "Higher Seed Team Plays At Home". You've added it to the Wild Card round but missing from the other rounds with 2 legs. With this, the 2nd leg would be played at the high seed's stadium. If the 2nd leg were to go to Extra Time and/or Penalty kicks would rather have the Extra Time be played out at the higher seed's stadium than the lower seed's.

graaa,

Just a thought/suggestion for your next update after the updated database from SI.

For league championship cups and rounds with 2 legs (MLS Prime Cup, XBox, promotion/relegation cups, etc), maybe add to the Draw Rule: "Higher Seed Team Plays At Home". You've added it to the Wild Card round but missing from the other rounds with 2 legs. With this, the 2nd leg would be played at the high seed's stadium. If the 2nd leg were to go to Extra Time and/or Penalty kicks would rather have the Extra Time be played out at the higher seed's stadium than the lower seed's.

Oooo, good point. I didn't know that it worked like that with 2 legs (always assumed it was random home/away draws over 2 legs). I agree a great deal, it's better to be playing at home if you go into extra time/penalties and the higher seeded team should get that advantage. Another good catch!

So excited to get a long-term save going! Starting all the way down at the bottom with the Dover Dogfish, since they play at Kirkwood, where I grew up playing soccer myself. Good stuff!

This brings a smile to my face. I'm glad the stadium research is paying off and people are recognizing the locations! =) It's the coolest thing ever

Is it intentional that the USASA leagues' transfer windows are restricted to one day, with the day happening after the season is done (June 10th, 2015 on a new game)?

Yes

At the moment I'm working on trying to get the Amateur league to have NO transfers whatsoever. If anyone knows any workarounds let me know. All my attempts have failed. Here's what I've tried:

1) Under Nation USA / Transfer Rules, I've set Maximum Players Rules - Maximum transfers from same division AND Maximum players in window to 0. There is even a rule that appears in the leagues when I do this that says: "Cannot transfer from same division" or something but this never actually ends up working with the amateur players when I test it.

2) Under Nation USA / Transfer Rules, I made sure that "Amateur Players can join anytime" is marked NO and same for Free Transfers

3) Tried changing all contract types in all my AAA divisions to Non-Contract to see what that does... nothing much for amateur teams it only works for Semi-Pro

4) Under transfer windows, I've set a year-long window from June 10th 2000 - June 10th 2001 that say: No players from same division or lower. Doesn't work.

5) I've tried changing the transfer window dates to like 2050 so that even if someone does accept a new contract, it won't be valid well past their retirement - effectively stopping all transfers. Even though the rules say that the next transfer window is in 2050, the game still overrides it and allows players to transfer on June 10th of the next year. I really thought I had a workaround here!

As seen from graaa's post on page 1.

I did choose only 1 and i lost all North America so i tried the other ? Same thing

Are you loading any other files with mine? Are you using version 1.2?

How does playing in cold weather places in the winter work? Really wouldn't want to watch a game in St. Paul MN in January!

Most of the professional teams/semi pro teams in those areas have covered stadiums. Some of the lower league ones don't. Keeps things interesting!

Is it intentional that the USASA leagues' transfer windows are restricted to one day, with the day happening after the season is done (June 10th, 2015 on a new game)?

What Joseph said (or quoted me as saying) - I thought a no-transfer amateur league would be really cool (since how often do you see an amateur player from Delaware give up his job/family/friends to move to California to play amateur soccer? Okay, maybe sometimes, but how often do you want to see your 10 best players do that every season? It was impossible to eliminate transfers entirely, so hence the 1 day window :) Most people move in the summer too so the date I chose was just another perk for realism, I like to tell myself.

So here's a little tournament structure I came up with today for the new 3-tier Club World Championship. It has room for 400 teams, and the biggest improvement of all is that the preliminary rounds give teams the opportunity to climb or fall from tier to tier if they win or lose. Once they reach the group stage, they become locked in. That is until the knockout rounds, where the losing teams in the Gold tier qualify for the silver tier, and the losing teams in the silver tier qualify for the bronze tier. This goes on for 2 knockout rounds, before teams are finally locked in for good in the final cup stages (where a loss means leaving the tournament and not moving down a tier).

This picture makes sense to ME, at least, but if you can figure it out let me know what you think of these changes. The only issue with it that I know of is that July is a busy month for a few domestic leagues (Columbia, Brazil, and Nigeria for example), but empty for most of the entire world (except international players). I don't know how this will effect those 3 countries but it probably isn't good to be them.

EDIT: One change I'm debating I should make is adding more teams to the GOLD START seeding in the gold group stage. I can increase it from 16 to 32 and have a similar 64-team group structure to the silver and bronze trophy groups. That would bump things up to 416 teams as well.

(YOU MAY NEED TO ZOOM IN WITH YOUR BROWSER)

Preliminary stage to group stage

cwc1_zpsf502cbe5.png

group stage to final

cwc2_zpsb8d9367a.png

Fair warning to people - I may have to remove the MLS All-Stars cup next version. I looked at the team picked for July 2015 and it had a majority of players who had no place in being on the team. It had a 15 year old regen who has played no MLS matches, a reserves goalkeeper who has played no MLS matches, and an average team rating from the 2014 season of 6.55.......

Can people please confirm they are getting bad teams picked from the MLS All-Stars? If it's just me, I'll keep it in there. The team is picked on a Friday in the middle of July (July 17th for 2015) and you see it in your inbox.

The All team stars dont work in any Modified Comps

It appears that may be half true... I got it to schedule a game every year against a top flight european team and pick players from the MLS league... it just picks the wrong players now lol.

graaa,

Regarding your planned changes to CWC Structure in the above Excel charts, I really like it a lot. :thup:

If you like that, you may LOVE this - a structure with complete tier-to-tier connectivity (I'm still looking for the right word to describe this style of tournament).

Now, after EVERY Cup Stage round, the loser drops down a tier instead of leaving the tournament (unless they are in the bronze tier, in which case they will be knocked out). Furthermore, the winner of the Gold Trophy is seeded into the Silver Trophy afterwards (and so on), so this new structure gives a team the chance to DO THE WORLD TREBLE and win all 3 trophies if they can. To achieve this, I had to remove the group stage and replace it with a simple knockout structure, but with a loss in Gold or Silver not meaning the end of the tournament (and every game being 2-legged home/away), you'll still get plenty of games.

(Oh and by the way, this schedule is PACKED if you are playing every game. Managed to fit it in with only a few months having 3 games a month, with NO games being in May (except for the final being at the very end) so it should work... I think.

Have a look:

cwc1_zps9cdc3e04.png

cwc2_zps47221e10.png

cwc3_zpsb210bb52.png

Archived