[FM2015] USA World Class MLS (8 levels)

I must say, playing in the USASA has been pretty fun. Seems like with the way "Add Players to Playable Teams" works for those leagues, most teams have maybe 1 good player (my team has a player that wouldn't look out of place in the 2nd or 3rd tier at the start of the game), and with little player movement, everyone can beat everyone. Interesting to see what happens in the 2nd season (though hoping we make it out!).

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must say, playing in the USASA has been pretty fun. Seems like with the way "Add Players to Playable Teams" works for those leagues, most teams have maybe 1 good player (my team has a player that wouldn't look out of place in the 2nd or 3rd tier at the start of the game), and with little player movement, everyone can beat everyone. Interesting to see what happens in the 2nd season (though hoping we make it out!).

I agree with Taleron, the mod looks so well, it was a perfect second save for me especially when I can manage my local team, Vermont Voltage, as they play in the USASA leagues... also the second save is perfect because I can use it to tinker with the tactics I wanted to employ before putting it in my main save, such as modifying Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2 to make it better. Hopefully I will see my local team succeed in the NACL before going to CWC :)

One potential bug to report: In the USASA, it looks like neither the Reserves or the U18 teams are playing their players in matches, they are picking greyed-out players.

I hadn't noticed - I'll be on the lookout for that! Is it on your team or only computer controlled teams?

I'm playing USASA too right now - loads of fun. My feeling is I need to increase the substitution rules, probably to 12 from 12 instead of 3 from 7 (the rest of the USA leagues are 3 from 11 anyway). Keeps with the more amateurish feel I think.

By year 2 I hate to spoil it for you but your good players start to get paid contracts with those higher level teams despite my best efforts... lol. I guess I can't object to someone getting up and leaving in the middle of the season to get PAID to play soccer.

I agree with Taleron, the mod looks so well, it was a perfect second save for me especially when I can manage my local team, Vermont Voltage, as they play in the USASA leagues... also the second save is perfect because I can use it to tinker with the tactics I wanted to employ before putting it in my main save, such as modifying Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2 to make it better. Hopefully I will see my local team succeed in the NACL before going to CWC :)

Glad you're enjoying it! How's the weather up there? :lol:

Both my team and computer teams, I believe.

Huh, I see it now. No idea what is causing this but I'll try to figure something out and check my rules.

It's weird because some teams don't seem have enough young players signed to their team - it's like they aren't signing any of the regens that come through on June 14th. On the other hand, my team, which has plenty of youth, is still playing U18 and reserve games with greyed out players (which don't even appear in the squad screen unlike other teams).

Really like what you did in the USASA in regards to limiting transfers. Just passed the one day transfer period and only about 10 players moved in my league, which seems pretty realistic. I am having issues scheduling friendlies however. Nobody lower than AAA will even bother to come and play me, even teams 50 miles away! Ended up just scheduling a few games against high level teams, and a couple games with my reserves.

Really like what you did in the USASA in regards to limiting transfers. Just passed the one day transfer period and only about 10 players moved in my league, which seems pretty realistic. I am having issues scheduling friendlies however. Nobody lower than AAA will even bother to come and play me, even teams 50 miles away! Ended up just scheduling a few games against high level teams, and a couple games with my reserves.

Yeah, i noticed that too. It should get a little better in the next season for whatever reason. Probably because at game start most teams have a friendly schedule already generated and theyre already booked up. In the 2nd season I was able to get other amateur teams and A1 teams to schedule. Glad you're enjoying it!

Wow! Such an amazing work here! Thanks a lot for sharing this with us, Graaa.

By the way, the new CWC Chart is EPIC, so i will just sit here and wait for the final version.

It's a labor of love. Thanks for the encouragement!

Wow! Such an amazing work here! Thanks a lot for sharing this with us, Graaa.

By the way, the new CWC Chart is EPIC, so i will just sit here and wait for the final version.

Agree. Amazing work !!

Will also wait for the final version too with the new and much improved CWC before starting up a long term game.

New CWC looks amazingly complex to setup with the editor, but if Graaa can pulls this off, will be definately worth waiting for.

Agree. Amazing work !!

Will also wait for the final version too with the new and much improved CWC before starting up a long term game.

New CWC looks amazingly complex to setup with the editor, but if Graaa can pulls this off, will be definately worth waiting for.

Agree will be worth the wait for true world domination

The CWC will be the easy part! Figuring out why players from the U18 and Reserve teams aren't being picked for matches is the hard part lmao.

Can't wait to take a USASA team to the top and then do the WORLD TREBLE. Maybe I should make a challenge

The CWC will be the easy part! Figuring out why players from the U18 and Reserve teams aren't being picked for matches is the hard part lmao.

Can't wait to take a USASA team to the top and then do the WORLD TREBLE. Maybe I should make a challenge

Maybe the players abilities are not enough for the leagues reputation. That sometimes happens with International teams, i don't know about reserves or under 18 Teams.

Maybe the players abilities are not enough for the leagues reputation. That sometimes happens with International teams, i don't know about reserves or under 18 Teams.

Good news - I just figured it out. It was the fixture rules that I had set for the reserve and U18 leagues - I wanted the rules for the match squad in the reserves saying you can't have U18 players in reserves and you can't have O18 players in the U18 team. Well, it turns out that the U18 does that automatically. I just removed the match/squad rules for the reserves/U18 and checked a few matches in game - players are being selected properly now.

Weird.

EDIT:

I'll start working on CWC and other small fixes since there is a lot of anticipation =)

When does the database update come from SI get released usually anyway? It's around the end of the english winter transfer window right?

Hey everyone, I put together a new list of country seedings for this new CWC structure in the spreadsheet. Go on over and have a look - feel free to offer up any suggestions and support your claims with whatever you feel is necessary. I based the seedings loosely on the nation and top division reputation in the editor, but sometimes I had to just "go with my gut" lol so if some seeds don't seem fair to you I want to hear about it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cNvLw6-Z5SpFaufs8e6Bbu2Yx_nrvhcDwkU6Hcn4DWQ/edit?pli=1#gid=292624518

looks good except for the omission of gibraltar

Lmao, at the risk of sounding ignorant (which I am concerning Gibraltar), what's the big deal about this country? It's got less than 30K people and ok, I just read that they had a team accepted into the UEFA tournament much to the chagrin of Spain so I'm already beginning to like them a little bit. But I left out other small European countries like faroe islands and lichtenstein, where's the love for them? :)

the si file for them has their season at fourteen games and I wanted to do a road to the top save with Lincoln but I like your file and how much work you put into it that's why I haven't done one yet

lol, good point, there IS a Gibraltar league in the official game. Ok I removed Cambodia. Does anyone object to the removal of Cambodia?

Actually, I'm short 2 countries in my list for the bronze teams. I'll add back 1 cambodian team. Any votes on the final country (that's not listed)?

EDIT: and yes, gibraltar has been added in already

EDIT: Leaning towards New Caledonia, Yemen, Malawi, Gabon, Afghanistan, North Korea, Gambia, Faroe Islands, Palestine, or Liberia. Some interesting locations to choose from... what do you choose? (On this list or off it)

EDIT: I'm open to replacing a country with a low soccer importance with a country that has a high importance placed on soccer, even if they have less national reputation.

Just added about 30 extra countries - I did this by looking at which nations rated soccer as Very Important, important, unimportant, etc and based on those ratings I either reduced a seeding from them or added them into the game.

EDIT: Want to ask:

Are there enough people strongly objecting to unstable/controversial nations being in this team list for reasons of realism/moral objection or whatever? IE: North Korea, Iraq, Syria, Palestine, South Sudan, Afghanistan, etc. If so, consider how satisfying it would be to imagine that the country is peaceful enough to play a game of soccer in and then imagine beating that country's best club. If that's not good enough for people, I can replace with a bunch of caribbean and oceania island countries.

Is there any way we can have a version with the Gold/Silver/Bronze cups in the format they are in now? I have no interest in an elite team playing in the Bronze/Silver/Gold cup, would rather it work like the Champs League/Europa league. I do want the fix for the U18/Reserves though

Yeah sure, which do you want Original Clubs or Standard? I suppose I can make a one time release.

Is there any way we can have a version with the Gold/Silver/Bronze cups in the format they are in now? I have no interest in an elite team playing in the Bronze/Silver/Gold cup, would rather it work like the Champs League/Europa league. I do want the fix for the U18/Reserves though

I should point out before I fufill your request that 32 elite teams from the most reputable 32 countries will start off in the gold round and won't have to climb the pyramid at all. If they lose a match they will simply go down a tier. You can see the list in the spreadsheet if you want to know which ones.

Then the next 2 teams from around 37 countries are entered into silver and only have to win a couple qualifying matches to be entered into gold.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cNvLw6-Z5SpFaufs8e6Bbu2Yx_nrvhcDwkU6Hcn4DWQ/edit?pli=1#gid=292624518

Am I addressing the issue you have? You don't want to a team to play too many qualifying matches to get into gold? Or is it the other way around - you don't want a team playing in gold to drop down to silver when they lose?

I thought you were saying that a team could win gold/silver/bronze in the same year. Is that not what is happening? You mentioned "world treble" and it may have confused me. I don't like the "move up from silver to gold" is all. Moving down is fine (like in Champs league/Euro

Yeah, World Treble is possible - a team who wins Gold will be seeded into the Silver semi final and a team who wins Silver will be seeded into the Bronze quarter final so it's possible to win all 3.

But moving up happens very rarely. It only happens in the preliminary rounds and its very difficult - you have only one shot at it. Bronze teams have to win their first 3 preliminary rounds in a row and silver teams have to win their first 2 preliminary rounds in a row. If they don't, the window to move up is closed and teams from there on out can only move down. (the first picture in one of the posts above shows the preliminary rounds. The next 2 pictures show the rest of the rounds where only downward movement is happening).

So if the movement in the preliminary round doesn't suit you, I can make a standard clubs file release with just the U18/Reserves fix in it keeping the original CWC version. Let me know one more time =)

I see the attraction, but really like the group stages, so would rather keep the original with the U18 fix. Did you also change the lowest tier to allow more subs? I remember you mentioning that earlier in the forum.

Sure did - 12/12 now. I'll include all the 1.3 fixes with the file. It'll be a one time release - should be good for a long term save though. Haven't seen any more bugs/had any more reported.

Also thanks for making this. Really cool to see the early signings and movements. Saw several semi-pro teams "pick off" the better amateur players already!

Thanks man, I'm very optimistic about this amateur league - it seems to be working in line with how someone would expect a USA amateur league to operate in reality. Very surprising to be honest since the game hasn't made any special accommodations for amateur leagues in the code, so editing for it has felt a lot like throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks lol

Add in North Korea, gives me a reason to scout their players and get them to defect.

Even if they sit in reserves they'll still have a better life...

Yeah, but they'll all complain they are RONERY, and want time off for homesickness..

let's keep it civil - I don't want the GOP or DRNK shutting this site down lmao

I'll wait for the update and restart my FORT WAYNE CANNONS save. Thanks again!

No problem man :)

I can only make it a one time release though because part of the way I'm able to streamline releasing so many version of this file is by keeping the rules essentially the same in each file and simply activating or inactivating certain competitions (like the NACL) to suit the edition I'm releasing. This version will essentially be an older version of the CWCs and I'd have to remake them everytime I release a new version (which would add too much work). This one time isn't too bad because it's pretty much already in there and I don't have to change much.

I'm confident that this latest release will satisfy you long enough because of how polished it will be - future releases I hope will only include things like database compatibility (which I believe you can ignore if you just load the older database), any surprise editor updates (like the one we had last month), and finally, conversion to FM16.

Never mind, I saw the youth dates... USA tends to have youth intakes during the month of December in March to November, putting it in the offseason. Ignore me please :p

Lol no problem. Easy to mix it up - I switched the whole schedule around to more European dates (July-May)

Something else I just noticed, at least in the Amateur level, is I am getting the same referee every game. I've seen this in other db edits and I think it comes down to the game not having enough referees per level or something

Same. Mark Geiger is a busy man apparently!

You won't have to wait long... ;)

Excited for this! Holding off on a longer-term save until it comes out (and so I can keep guys fit through Reserve matches to mitigate injury plagues), but I've definitely enjoyed doing some testing to figure out who I want to play with. Thinking about doing two saves, a top-level one with either Sporting KC or Real Salt Lake (playing a narrow 442 diamond, of course) and an amateur one with my local team (Dover).

Something else I just noticed, at least in the Amateur level, is I am getting the same referee every game. I've seen this in other db edits and I think it comes down to the game not having enough referees per level or something
Same. Mark Geiger is a busy man apparently!
Poking around the editor, it seems you could create realistic lower level referees and assign them to various conferences/divisions. 5 refs per division/10 per conference would be sufficient

That issue should correct itself in a season or two I think... the game will generate more. If not, that's something I would have been up for tackling a week ago. Planning on releasing 1.3 today and then putting the editor down for a couple months lol :lol:

Archived