4-1-2-1-2 not working out

Started a new game with Liverpool at the weekend, went with a 4-1-2-1-2 formation but after winning a couple of pre season freindlys when it comes to the main season I just keep loseing every game. Also my training seems to be having the wrong effects, first couple of weeks pre season were fitness high level

since then been doing tatics high level but it is just causing my players to end up worn out and not really improving the tatical awareness.

My assistant manager keeps telling me "we are being overun in midfield" or "we are struggling to cope with the numbers in midfield" yet he also suggested this was the best formation for players in the squad. Problems seem to be getting lots of atempts on goal but the forwards just seem to tap them at the goal

rather than boot them, right back and left back keep trying to take shots at goal despite having instruction set to cross from deep, then it seems like the

second the other team get attacking my defence just run around like headless chickens and the other team end up scoring in the chaos. It does feel like I'm

getting somewhere as I'm getting the ball forward now and having atempts on goal with my old tatics was not getting the ball forward much at all but still got

someway to go. Has anyone got any ideas how to get this working and why the pre season work seems to have so little effect.

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a580/andrewsteer84/Liverpool_TacticsOverview_zps95d5877b.png

Archived