Playing in Russia - do you find it much more difficult to sell players?

I usually get zero offers, even for the players that are playing very well for the first team. Did anyone else experience this? Does it depend on which leagues I have loaded?

To some degree yes the number of loaded, playable leagues makes a difference.

A few points though:

A) AI clubs won't make offers unless there is a strong chance you will sell, they are in a higher rep league/club and that the player will accept the offer.

B) This means unless you use the media to enourage a sale you are unlikely to get many offers, especially if the player is locked into a contract with over a year to run on it.

C) How a player performs means nothing its all about CA/PA & rep.

D) You have to be able to identify who you are going to sell and which clubs are possible buyers.

Expanding on point D generally for older players or those with lower CA/rep you are going to be selling to other Russian clubs (Especially Russian players) so you have to make it known that you don't want the player which automatically lowers the price.

Your main sales are going to be up & coming players around 21-26yo who can play in the big leagues. You are then targeting selling them to middle/top clubs in Germany/France/England/Spain/Italy. The problem here is that Russia isn't an EU nation therefore for the players to move to these countries they need work permits and the clubs are sometimes limited to the number of non-EU players they can sign/play which again restricts your potential sale.

Are you sure that player performances don't affect possible offers? Or at least if he is playing or not. Over the years I found it near to impossible to sell players that don't get some playing time.

What bothers me is that I can't get any offers not even when I offer Federico Macheda to clubs. He is earning 750K Eur, so it shouldn't distract possible bidders.

Playing time makes a difference but performance (As in rating) doesn't.

Macheda should be easier to sell because he has an EU nationality, are any clubs interested in him? 750k Eur per year wages is that? How long does he have left on his contract? What sort of level player is he (mid table top league? better?).

One thing you could do if you are stuck is upload your save and I & others could take a closer look and see if we could spot anything.

Leading player for most premier division clubs. No interested clubs. He has 2 years and 4 months left on his 775K per year contract.

Wages shouldn't be an issue, contract length will be unless you make it obvious you want to sell.

If there are no interested clubs you have virtually no chance of selling him atm.

Are the other leagues playable? I take it not which means they won't be buying as many players which limits the potential clubs you can sell to.

One other thing would be what year are you in and what database size did you start with? If there are lots of players unemployed you stand little chance of selling a player when other clubs can pick up similar ones for nothing.

I am playing this game on an old laptop, so I loaded just Russian Premier and 1st league. Player count is 28.000, can't recall what settings I used. I'll try to load the game on my desktop i5 PC, add more leagues and see if that makes any difference.

Archived