Wigan Second Season: Who to sign? (New to this game, Please HELP)

Hulk7

Hello guys! I'm quite new to this game, learning and having so much fun. I'm currently managing Wigan. Any tips who to sign on my second season as manager and first season on the Premier League. I am using a sort of 4-4-2 tactic with two defensive mids, 1 right mid, 1 left mid and two strikers.

I was trying to sign Candreva because he's free but he's not interested. Can you recommend players that will sign for me and guide my wonderkids? My team is a combination of wonderkids and vets.

I really need help on Left Back and Left Mid. My center backs are already okay with Doria, Balanta and Rugani. For Left Mid, I only have Maclean and Maloney.

Thanks in advance!

Haven't played for a while, but see which one of the 2 Swansea LB's haven't been getting games (Taylor or Davies).

You might want to let people know how much you've got to spend, or go look in the Best Players threads...

Thanks for the response mate.. Getting help these days are so scarce.. The board gave me 6.25 million to start the season and mid table finish.. Being a noob, and expecting my players to be bought, I have so many players to eat up my wages..

Transfers in:

Candreva - free 49k per week

vydra - free

Driussi - free (1.4 million compensation)

Michael Keane - free (to cover my DR position)

Emerson - 1.2 million brazilian LB

Timo Horn - 3.8 million release clause

Transfers out:

Al Habsi - i sold him for peanuts haha like 250k

Julio Cesar - no not the QPR GK, i signed this guy for free on my championship season and CSKA bought him for 3 million

Basically, I expected maloney and maclean to be bought this window because of their amazing accomplishments during the championship season. Maloney was the leader in assists and Maclean recorded 15 goals and 10 assists. I'm now on my preseason and still no offers for maclean. Stoke offered 2.3 million for maloney and I accepted it since I already signed the younger candreva. But contract negotiations fell through so no takers for maloney yet.

Here is my overcrowded team haha:

GK: Timo Horn, Carson

CB: Doria and Balanta (I will never sell), Ramis, Rugani, Barnett, Rogne

LB: Balanta (I usually play him here), Emerson

RB: Perch, Keane

DM: Zucullini, Pugliese, Mccann

AMR: Candreva, Mcmanaman, Traore (Barcelona)

AML: Maclean, Maloney

ST: Cerri (Banged 32 goals in all competitions last season, only 18 yrs. old), Zivkovic (17 yrs. old), Holt, Vydra, Onghenda (19 yrs old from PSG)

I really want to remove my non-home grown deadwoods such as Rogne and mccann.. I am also waiting for any takers for maloney because he's 32 already and 2 years more on his contract.. and he just had an awesome championship season..

What should I do? Please help

Try and offer the players out on loan if nobody is interested in buying them.

Look at the players from the teams that got relegated

Check to see if any good players are available to loan

Search for players that in the last year of their contract and/or expired

"Transfers in:

vydra - free

Timo Horn - 3.8 million release clause"

These are all brilliant signings in my opinion; on a save game with Boro I got promoted and my 1st Premiership season was about adding as much experience and quality as possible.

My recommendations for players to sign would be Tom Ince, and make the most out of the relegated teams and loan deals. Over the last few season I've heavily benefited from Man City, PSG, Monaco e.t.c who due to having large squads loan out a tonne of players who could do a job at most teams.

Left back recommendation would be Aaron Cresswell, he's been nothing short of brilliant for me, and Boileson at Ajax is a solid option as well.

"Transfers in:

vydra - free

Timo Horn - 3.8 million release clause"

These are all brilliant signings in my opinion; on a save game with Boro I got promoted and my 1st Premiership season was about adding as much experience and quality as possible.

My recommendations for players to sign would be Tom Ince, and make the most out of the relegated teams and loan deals. Over the last few season I've heavily benefited from Man City, PSG, Monaco e.t.c who due to having large squads loan out a tonne of players who could do a job at most teams.

Left back recommendation would be Aaron Cresswell, he's been nothing short of brilliant for me, and Boileson at Ajax is a solid option as well.

Thanks mate! I really appreciate your help

Archived