Help to make the ultimate german 4-2-3-1

Hello

First of all, how do I want to play?

I want to play a football that is kind of versatile, I can both counter and play attacking football, but having the mentality always of

creating chance via quick passing, doing everything quick and intense to create chances.

I also want to to be able to drop down and play on the counter, there are surely many threads about this, how dortmund, germany plays etc.

Dont see this as enterily this, more that I want to create a tactic I can ALWAYS use

A direct tactic, having 2 tactics one offensive one counter, makes a tactic u can use with many teams and conditions. Direct passing always works in rain, counter is good against stronger opponents, quick attacking and press is good against weaker, etc, a tactic u can always use.

GqXo0YP.jpg

Here is the tactic. The other one is the same but with "counter" and "much deeper defense line" shout.

Striker is told to move into channels, roam from position. A single 4-2-3-1 should roam from position, moving out to wings to create space IMO

The IFs are the key, set to dribble more, shoot less, pass more direct. They are the key to create the chances

No instructions for the central midfielders.

fullbacks set to keep width, cross often etc.

Unsure things:

I love the idea of having both the CMs set to defend. I was gonna go for having 2 cdms but i just prefer CMs I guess.

So both of them being a playmaking block is perfect if you ask me, they are careful and behind the ball.

And the fullbacks are oncoming.

It could be more supportive though. IT feels that this could give me little support at times.

Maybe switch the fullbacks to attacking wingbacks?

What do you mean by ”It could be more supportive though.” ?

Why use the extreme version ” Much Higher Tempo”

Attacking by default has a quick tempo and more direct passing. So by using some of the shouts you push these instructions to the extreme and it makes your players less versatile.

Also its not realistic to use your tactic always and always win. You need to adapt to your opponent if you want to be successful long term. Make tweaks to various instructions.

You do lack width, and the attack has a feel of a system that could become very predictable and easy to defend against. Your IF's come inside with the full backs not offering much outlet. An area that needs some consideration potentially.

Very loosely related, but is it possible - when using a wide 4-2-3-1 - to get both widemen to drop back into a 4-4-1-1 when defending, without restricting their attacking influence? Often caught out as my full-backs have to deal with two players; stretches my defence horribly?

Yep. Use a 4-4-1-1 instead and tweak a Wide Midfielder Role to become an Inside Forward (if you use one).

Yep. Use a 4-4-1-1 instead and tweak a Wide Midfielder Role to become an Inside Forward (if you use one).

Curious to test that as a fast counter formation. Wide Midfielder on push further forward, cut inside and dribble more with the AMC strata player on hold onto the ball? That way it will give the Wide Midfielders to push forward for the AMCs pass

You don't need to tell them to get further forward. If all other instructions are the same, players in the MLR and AMLR positions are indistinguishable in attack. The key difference is positioning at the moment possession is won with AMLR generally staying further up the pitch while MLR hold a more compact line with the central midfielders.

Archived