Is there any way I can give this player a Work Permit?????

He is Rodrigo Gomez, 20 year old Argentinian winger.

I am currently on first year on Premier League, with Wigan. I tried to sign him for couple of times but he can't get a Work Permit!!! I already have Red Star as my feeder club but still I can't sign him. Any tips to give this beast a work permit?

I will never forget the guy who will help me on this.

The only way a player can get a work permit in the UK is if he has played enough of a percentage his countries first team competitive fixtures in a certain period of time. The only way you can successfully appeal is if his PA is high enough. As for the feeder club issue if you have one for the purpose of getting a player EU citizenship you should be able to sign him. Is that Red Star Belgrade. Serbia us not in the EU.

The only way a player can get a work permit in the UK is if he has played enough of a percentage his countries first team competitive fixtures in a certain period of time. The only way you can successfully appeal is if his PA is high enough. As for the feeder club issue if you have one for the purpose of getting a player EU citizenship you should be able to sign him. Is that Red Star Belgrade. Serbia us not in the EU.

Serbia is in Europe

You can get a work permit for being an "exceptional talent" as well. As to what the criteria, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure this is not in FM though.

In FM the appeal criteria is to do with PA. This must be what SI have interpreted 'exceptional talent' as.

I believe potential has to be around 150 although I can't remember exactly.

It is actually an obvious exploit since the appeal committee magically know the pa, hence if it fails you aren't missing out on a great player.

The only way you can successfully appeal is if his PA is high enough.

Is this true? You're saying that as if you know it to be a fact.

I'm curious because I recently tried to sign 3 different young AM's, all South American, who my scouts gave 5 stars potential to all of them. And all of them said "Likely to be granted on appeal." But none of them were!!!

So, by your logic, their PA is not good enough?!

I'm curious because I recently tried to sign 3 different young AM's, all South American, who my scouts gave 5 stars potential to all of them. And all of them said "Likely to be granted on appeal." But none of them were!!!

No - his logic could be correct. If your scout has judged is his potential as 5 star he will say it shouldn't be a problem getting a work permit. However, if your scout has got it wrong then the star rating would not be accurate and so nor would the scouts advice.

Yes, look at the editor in nation rules. All you need to know about it is in there

Yes, look at the editor in nation rules. All you need to know about it is in there

Are you sure? There's a South African who I know has a potential of over 180, yet I can't get a work permit on appeal. I've tried many times. He even plays for the national side, but has had injury problems so never reaches the required percentage of games to get a work permit via that.

Are you sure? There's a South African who I know has a potential of over 180, yet I can't get a work permit on appeal. I've tried many times. He even plays for the national side, but has had injury problems so never reaches the required percentage of games to get a work permit via that.

You're cheating BTW. Check the editor, mate if you don't believe me and see if you interpret differently.

How old is he?

You're cheating BTW. Check the editor, mate if you don't believe me and see if you interpret differently.

How old is he?

I've tried signing him from around 17/18 onwards. I think he's 22 now. I will check the editor when I get a chance. It's interesting. I love knowing about the inner workings of the game.

p.s. The way I play my single player game does not affect you, so I'm not sure why you care how I play it.

I've tried signing him from around 17/18 onwards. I think he's 22 now. I will check the editor when I get a chance. It's interesting. I love knowing about the inner workings of the game.

p.s. The way I play my single player game does not affect you, so I'm not sure why you care how I play it.

Ignore him, play the game how you want he's just trolling.

I don't know about the Work Permit issue but I know as few seasons ago (FM09/10) when playing as Man Utd that if I brought players and was unable to get a work permit, that instead of offering them to Antwerp to get a EU citizenship that if I just left them in the team for a week and then offered them a new contract that they would automatically be eligible to play once they had signed the new contract

Archived