Is this laptop okay for Football Manager? (I will buy now please help)

Complete specs:

4th gen intel core i7 4700HQ Processor (2.4Ghz Turbo boost up to 3.4Ghz 6MB Cache)

Windows 8.1

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 2GB GDDR5

15.6" Fullh HD Anti-Glare LED Backlit (1920*1080)

8GB DDR3 RAM / 1 TB HDD

Is this okay? Around $1360 USD

The beauty of having them all loaded is that you can go anywhere at any time you want. I've managed in Hong Kong, China and England so far in my save, I was almost lured to Belgium, Portugal and South Korea before deciding to stay in England.

If we took your advice, I wouldn't have loaded Hong Kong, China or South Korea, yet I have already managed in two of them.

This ^^

I'm planning to buy a beast laptop because I want to play football manager as extensive as possible, just like in real life.

The beauty of having them all loaded is that you can go anywhere at any time you want. I've managed in Hong Kong, China and England so far in my save, I was almost lured to Belgium, Portugal and South Korea before deciding to stay in England.

If we took your advice, I wouldn't have loaded Hong Kong, China or South Korea, yet I have already managed in two of them.

Completely agree!

Doesn't the Add / Remove leagues option allow you to move about as much as you want anyway? That's what I use it for on FMC.

It removes any processing burden and you'd only have to wait a maximum of a season before moving to a "new" nation.

It does, but not as instantaneously as some might like. If you plan well enough, it's fine, but you won't get the ability to suddenly be without a club and move somewhere completely new, as you could have to wait up to a season before the league is activated.

That function is more for people who want to do the Journeyman challenges where they try to win every cup around the world, but have set out how and when they want to move. In my save it would be completely useless unfortunately.

So instead you prefer to commit to a set number of nations at the start and then only manage in those countries, knowing that you can move the instant you are offered a job? I can see the benefit of that, but also the upside of modifying your game world every year with Add / Remove leagues. Horses for courses I guess.

I like to have a decent number of top leagues loaded to be able to check how the tradional big clubs are doing. For instance Inter Milan have been getting progressively worse in my game. Also when I'm playing in Europe its nice to be able to check how my opposition is doing in their league. Last season I had a EURO cup game against St Etienne and it was useful to know that they were struggling in the wrong half of the table.

I thought that you were buying on the 8th?

Anyway, both these machines will be fine for FM and since the specs are very similar choice will be a personal one as it will be hard to say that one is better than the other.

Yup I supposed to be buying the laptop but I'm still confused on what to buy. I am also making some research on my own before I purchase my gaming laptop.

Archived