Super League EDT (realistic, will work for everyone)

ShearersTino

If like me you are bored of playing FM, you have pretty much completed every challenge. I wondered what it would be like to compete against the best and biggest clubs in the world. This is where I have created a super league.

I have chosen to use a EDT file instead of editing the database. The reasons are:

It is compatible with all versions of FM (and patches).

It is impossible for me to tweak certain teams and players (like some of the db downloads do!)

It is easy to change.

The download is tiny.

The savegame will work on ANY computer, you don't need to transfer big databases.

Negatives:

I can not change the rep or money of the leagues.

http://drop.io/LiquidAttackPack/

The file is called superleague.edt and is only 4kb. The idea is that I have ordered the entire world clubs by reputation set by the researchers. I have then placed these in their respective leagues.

Once downloaded drop into the database of your choice and start a new game.

On a mac the default database is: /Applications/Sports\ Interactive/Football Manager\ 2008/data/db/800/edt/

The 8.0.1 database is: /Applications/Sports Interactive/Football Manager\ 2008/data/updates/update-801/db/801/edt/

The 8.0.2 database is: /Applications/Sports Interactive/Football Manager\ 2008/data/updates/update-802/db/802/edt/

On a PC:

Default: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data\db\800\edt\

8.0.1: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data\updates\update-801\db\801\edt\

8.0.2: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data\updates\update-802\db\802\edt\

Screenshots of the leagues on website below.

Download Here

Be champions

Bradford City are one of the Worlds Top clubs??

Eh????

Have you changed the non-league teams? De-activated the champions league? or de-valued it? rised the reputation of the lower leagues??

Not that im nit-picking. If you want feedvack about this you should really have done more with changes.

Originally posted by waz_nufc_awk:

how does it work out the cup competitions, such as the FA cup or the champions league.

Is it going to bug out when it does the end of season round up.

What about the lower leagues.

I haven't played it through yet, give it a go and let me know.

Originally posted by Wulber:

Bradford City are one of the Worlds Top clubs??

Eh????

I made a mistake. Will fix it in the morning, too late now.

Have you changed the non-league teams?

No for what reason?

De-activated the champions league? or de-valued it? rised the reputation of the lower leagues??

Impossible to do that with edt files. I don't want to actully create a new database which is the only way I can see that.

Not that im nit-picking. If you want feedvack about this you should really have done more with changes.

I am limited by the method of implementation.

Originally posted by ShearersTino:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wulber:

Have you changed the non-league teams?

No for what reason? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the Blue Square North/South there relegate teams too, so amateur clubs will promote.

This is fail. Super leagues already have a massive problem that you cant edit prize money and so the lower divisions struggle but this is much worse. League reputations are the same so after a few years the team in the lower divisions will be like the English teams in those divisions ATM. This is more like a "ruin heeps of teams league" then a super league. Plus the CL is still on so you will have crap teams from other countries in it.

Archived