Options for bank balance

Parker

So I am Tottenham in 2025. We have a newish stadium that was built in 2016, I've done a pretty good job with transfers (buying low and selling high), and now we have over 500 million for my balance. My problem right now is I don't have much to spend it on. I've boosted all of my coaching and youth recruitment as high as it can go, I've gotten as many staffers as I can, and right now the only goal I have is to get it over 1 billion.

However, I have a few feeder clubs that I still loan out players to so that they can get work permits. I've looked at both clubs, and they have a decent training and youth setup, but i's not ideal, and while I think it's been good to send my youth players there, I still worry about how well they develop.

What I would like to do, and I don't know if it's something that can be added, is to increase the annual fee that I pay them in the hopes that they reinvest it in the club. Right now, I'm paying around 125k a year to Litex, but it would be great if I could somehow pay them 3 or 4 million a year so that they can upgrade their facilities and help my guys out. I know we've been good for them because they've been making the champions league on a yearly basis, but I don't know what they're spending the money on.

You could work around it by adding a manager to that club, organising a transfer for the amount, and then using that temporary manager to improve the facilities.

Would something like this ever be added? Is it even particularly legal in the football world to use one club to dope another? I suppose the Man City/whatever-MLS-club-they-now-own model is something similar, but didn't that have a whiff of tenuous legality about it?

Its not the managers call, but 'helping' out an affiliate with whom you do a lot of business with would be a great addition.

Imagine something in the lines of

'The board considers the success of our partnership with Standard that it is investing 1.2m to improve litex youth facilities'

or, since you use it mostly for work permits,

'The board is investing 2.2m in Litex training facilities to improve the quality of training and to drive the development of players sent to Litex for work permits'

This has happened in real life in Brazil before.

I like it :)

Archived