Problem with Promotion/Relegation Playoffs

Boardacon

I have edited the Romanian League Structure to add the 3rd division, however now I can't get the Promotion and Relegation Playoffs to work in the 2nd and 3rd divisions.

The way those levels work is that after teams play each other twice in the league, the league splits in half and top 6 teams play each other twice while the bottom 6 do the same.

The only problem I have is that after the first stage of the season ends, the team in first is said to be promoted while the bottom three are said to be relegated. This means that the teams take part in the second stage for nothing because they can't change their fate at the end of the season.

Is their anyway to prevent this, so I can make the second stage determine who gets promoted/relegated?

of course. set number of promotion/relegation places to 0 and set 6 places for top/bottom playoff. make stage 1 (promotion playoff) and stage 2 ( relegation playoff) and set promotions/regegations there. of course this will be easy if you know how to use advanced editor

http://www.speedyshare.com/Y8kCj/romania3.zip

I did it in the advanced editor. Basically the league structure I created goes from "Liga I Bergenbier" to the "Multiple Comps (with 11 teams)"

Anything below the "Supercupa" are the default rules that were there when I started up the editor. I've tried deleting them but then the nations rules don't get verified when I test them (probably due to a mistake I made), so I've just made those divisions inactive.

Thanks again

i will fix this for you when i catch some free time-maybe tomorrow.

EDIT: if you wanna have league with split you need to use different rules. this files are files with promotion and relegation playoff. league with split use "transfer standings" option and some other things. explain what you want and i will help you. if you use "league with split" system you will probably transfer points to 2nd stage. if u use playoff you dont need to transfer anything-clubs start new stage with 0 points.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still can't get it to work.

I managed to edit it so the league splits instead of going into promotion/relegation playoffs. However, once the first matchday is played in the second stage, teams are already given their fates (promoted, relegated, staying in division). I tried putting a stage flag so that teams are given their fates when the second stage ends, but when I tested it the first season wouldn't end and I'd be stuck.

Is there any way I can this to work?

Archived