Tactics vs' Ability

Apologies if this has already been discussed (and if it has, then a link to that thread would be appreciated).

I had a thought this morning on my way into work, which of these teams would win with both playing the same formation (or different to make it more interesting):

Team 1 (example: Real Madrid without a manager): the best players (highest CA & stats) for each position/role with no TI's set, and no player has any PPM's

Team 2 (example: Atletico Madrid): the best 'team', and by that I mean those players who fit the tactical framework, have matching PPM's in-line with their PI's and the overall TI's. The players in this team won't be the best players in the game

I would like to think that, in real life, a team full of Galacticos that has no manager and no instructions for the match would not beat a Diego Simeone led organised and inspired unit, in which each player knows his role/job.

If this hasn't been done already, then I think I'll give it a go over 10 head-to-head games and post the results.

It would be a decent test of the ME to see which it considers to be more effective.

CA = Current Ability

TI = Team Instructions

PPM = Player Preferred Moves

PI = Player Instructions

Archived