Quick tactical help needed (role setting)

Hi, I just need help with role setting for my midfield.

I play two midfielders behind 2 AMCs

I have seen on other posts people post pics of the heat maps etc but basically want to know the best setting for the support and attack player

Is it best to have the CM A sat behind the AP A and then the BWM S behind the AM S or would you be best having the CM A behind the AM S and BWM S behind AP A.

At the moment I don't have any central midfield with the Attack duty and from reading advice it would seem this isn't wise.

I hope this makes sense. Any help would be great

Stu

The best settings actually depends on what it is you are creating and how YOU expect it to function. The overall shape will play a part because you need to balance the roles so you have enough defensive cover while still being a threat going forward. You have to fit the roles into your overall plan and choose roles and duties that allow for this.

Thanks. Currently all my teams goals bar corners are just coming from three players so I wanted someone else in the box. Although now you mention it I don't defend will and opposition will have 6 shots and score 2 to my 18 shots with 1 or 2. So maybe more attacking isnt the way to go.

Thanks

Sometimes less is more from midfielders, in that they sometimes appear to not contribute much but actually just being in the right position to be an extra passing option or to help the team's shape can be more important than being an extra man going forward.

Thanks yeah currently playing Box to Box and BWM as my two centres, As soon as on my home pc will post tactic. Basically I just want more from midfielders.

Thanks again

I can't quite picture this in my head, but ordinarily that isn't a pairing that works too well together unless you have a defensive midfield Role in behind - just because the BBM and BWM do tend to Close Down which can create gaps in the middle.

Archived