Agents disliking me

1. They ask for more money for the player and themselves, and they are less willing to lower their demands.

2. By offering agreeable terms, ideally way to good offers right from the start. You can cheat if you don't mind it, and offer great contracts to the other players the agent is working for. Even if the deals are cancelled he'll end up liking you, or hating you less.

Best thing I've found to get round this slightly annoying mechanic is that if you ever find yourself in a situation where you are unwilling to meet their demands... then meet them anyway, and cancel the deal before it goes through. That way they won't hate you.

If they dislike you then it's usually harder to negotiate with them. I've missed out on players before because of agents not liking me before.

Next time you get involved with an agent that dislikes you it'd help to conclude business quickly - moreorless give them what they want.

Every agent that I see in the game seems to hate me. I've mentioned this before and the general opinion was that it was a result of me haggling during deals.

I have to haggle because I want to include a 3 year option on all player deals, (with the exception of very old players), and as the player/agent doesn't want this, it takes some negotiation to some to agreement that sees me get the 3 year option that I want and sees them get an increased initial wage that is enough to see them want to sign the deal. The other option is just to start high initially, but for various reasons, that's not really an route I want to go down.

Agents do have that much influence in deals though.

I had a situation a couple of days ago when I was trying to get one of my own players to sign a new deal, as he was entering the last year of his current one. His agent disliked me, refused to budge on his demands and eventually called off negotiations. I spoke to the player and said his agent wasn't right for him, and the player agreed and sacked his agent!

Then he hired one who hated me, and I had to sell him anyway. :(

Every agent that I see in the game seems to hate me. I've mentioned this before and the general opinion was that it was a result of me haggling during deals.

I have to haggle because I want to include a 3 year option on all player deals, (with the exception of very old players), and as the player/agent doesn't want this, it takes some negotiation to some to agreement that sees me get the 3 year option that I want and sees them get an increased initial wage that is enough to see them want to sign the deal. The other option is just to start high initially, but for various reasons, that's not really an route I want to go down.

TBH, if I were an agent, I would hate you as well. 3-year team option isn't an ideal situation from a player's and agent's perspective. If a 5 year contract becomes an 8 year contract with the 3 team options, you better pony up and then some. Or else! :D

I usually haggle a bit but like every negotiation, there's give and take. I usually have a price in mind and usually the wages and what not that I negotiate are around the money I was going to pay the player anyway. Just Negotiating 101.

I suspect sacking an agent will be harder in FM15 than 14 (let's face it: sacking an agent is far too easy in this game...).

Having agents sacked by the player makes the agent dislike you as nothing else by the way.

I usually don't do it, for obvious reasons. I just refuse demands to start negotiations and later tell them they still have time. Usually (like in 99% of the cases) the player accepts that.

i look out on my notifications for agents that retire at the end of the season and if any of my players had them as their agent, i have look and if necessary quickly get a contract negotiated before they appoint another. Also if a player sacks an agent, get in their as soon as it happens and get a deal done. By the way, I have never succeeded in getting an agent sacked so do not bother with this. It will always come back to bite you as well. It would be sods law that that agent will be representing that new Lionel Messi that you want.

i look out on my notifications for agents that retire at the end of the season and if any of my players had them as their agent, i have look and if necessary quickly get a contract negotiated before they appoint another. Also if a player sacks an agent, get in their as soon as it happens and get a deal done. By the way, I have never succeeded in getting an agent sacked so do not bother with this. It will always come back to bite you as well. It would be sods law that that agent will be representing that new Lionel Messi that you want.

For me at United, Darren Fletcher's agent came up with some ridiculous demands. 78k a week plus First Team status. I walked away. Next day Fletcher sacked him, offered him a new deal and he wanted 30k a week, backup which is in line with what is expected of him pushing on 32 years of age.

I reckon Fletcher realised he was at risk of being jettisoned thanks to his unreasonable agent, but at the same time I do think the agent should present the player's demands not the agent's demands. =/

I have never once paid an agent a fee. Sometimes it means a slightly higher wage or signing on fee to the player, but not the amounts the agents is wanted to fill his own pockets. They do end up hating me, and I lost a great player because of it, but I will never give those dogs a cent.

Made me feel very smug when failing to sign back the player I lost, because of wage demands again, that I got him two seasons running for nothing on loan.

I have never once paid an agent a fee. Sometimes it means a slightly higher wage or signing on fee to the player, but not the amounts the agents is wanted to fill his own pockets. They do end up hating me, and I lost a great player because of it, but I will never give those dogs a cent.

Made me feel very smug when failing to sign back the player I lost, because of wage demands again, that I got him two seasons running for nothing on loan.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I do the opposite and give the agents whatever fee they want. It is more beneficial in the long run.

Archived