Weird graphics problem

diego

Hi,

I've been trying for a week now to get this issue resolved by reading through a load of similar questions but no fix seems to work. Any megapack for faces/logos/kits does not seem to show up for FM14. I'm using Windows 7 and have downloaded numerous megapacks to make sure they weren't the problem. I've unzipped the files into the;

C:\Users\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics folder which is the same folder listed in the preferences screen as to where my save games go. If I put a tactic in the tactic folder it shows up fine.

The problem I get is when I put any pack into the graphics folder (including the untouched config file) ALL graphics in the game disappear in the sense of the customer 'shadow' face as well as the regular logos in the game. All I get is a blank screen.

I've gone through the preference screen with the unticking and ticking of the correct boxes, reloaded skins as well as restarted the game numerous times. I've used facepacks from the megapack 6.0 cut outs to DF 11 to Gz12 facepacks and ALL have the same problem of just a blank screen instead of the picture. The blank screen relates to only where the picture goes, all other details stays they are. Once I delete the graphics folder the original logos and shadow faces ;return to normal.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks.

Heave you cleared the cache outside of the game? (Not using the game menu)

Note that the location of the Cache files (you only need to access these files for troubleshooting) has changed for FM2014:

Windows XP:

- Click "Start" then click "Run"

- Type the following into the run box and press "Enter": %appdata%

- Go into the "Sports Interactive" Folder.

- Go to the "Football Manager 2014" Folder.

- Delete the "Cache" and "Settings" Folders found inside here.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

- Click "Start"

- Within the "Search Programs and Files" box, paste the following then press "Enter": %localappdata%/sports interactive/football manager 2014

- Delete "Cache" and "Settings" Folders

Windows 8

- Click "Desktop."

- Launch a file explorer window (a folder for example or just press the windows key + the letter "E" at the same time)

- In the address bar at the top copy and paste the following then press "Enter": %localappdata%/sports interactive/football manager 2014

- Delete the "Cache" and "Settings" Folders

MAC

*Please note that on Mac OS X Lion the Macintosh HD is hidden: Open a Finder window then at the top click on 'Go' then 'Go to folder' which should be second from bottom. Hold down your 'Alt' key whilst 'Go' is selected and 'Library' will appear and you can now follow the steps below.

Remove the Cache by following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to your home (Shape of a house) folder

- Go to Library

- Go to Application Support

- Go to Sports Interactive

- Go to Football Manager 2014,

- Delete the Cache folder

LINUX

- Go to home

- Go to

- Go to .local

- Go to share

- Go to Sports Interactive

From within here, delete the cache & preferences folders.

Hi,

I've been trying for a week now to get this issue resolved by reading through a load of similar questions but no fix seems to work. Any megapack for faces/logos/kits does not seem to show up for FM14. I'm using Windows 7 and have downloaded numerous megapacks to make sure they weren't the problem. I've unzipped the files into the;

C:\Users\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics folder which is the same folder listed in the preferences screen as to where my save games go. If I put a tactic in the tactic folder it shows up fine.

The problem I get is when I put any pack into the graphics folder (including the untouched config file) ALL graphics in the game disappear in the sense of the customer 'shadow' face as well as the regular logos in the game. All I get is a blank screen.

I've gone through the preference screen with the unticking and ticking of the correct boxes, reloaded skins as well as restarted the game numerous times. I've used facepacks from the megapack 6.0 cut outs to DF 11 to Gz12 facepacks and ALL have the same problem of just a blank screen instead of the picture. The blank screen relates to only where the picture goes, all other details stays they are. Once I delete the graphics folder the original logos and shadow faces ;return to normal.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks.

If you are getting blank images then the game for some reason isn't able to actually load the graphic files.

If you have done the steps in the above post;

- Before testing/using other packs make sure you have removed all traces of the previous pack as anything you leave behind may interfere. Also don't store the downloaded zip files in your Saving Location store them on the desktop or elsewhere on the off chance they are causing problems.

- Make sure the filename extensions say .png not .PNG

- Make sure you have read the readme files (or the install instructions on the site you got them from) that came with the megapacks in case they have extra steps needed.

- If you have a steam_workshop folder in your saving location delete it (as it may be storing bits of deleted files causing a conflict).

- Try moving your Saving Location from the default location to somewhere else on your hard drive (off the C drive if possible, as depending on your user account settings you might have permission problems with the current location, also if you have a Solid State Drive in your computer select a new location off the SSD if you can as there is an rare bug with Windows 7 and png files.) You'll need to exit FM after doing this move the files over and then reload FM.

- If the megapacks come with seperate config files for different teams try just adding one pack at a time to see if at least one works. (Or try downloading a non-megapack face/logo pack to see if that works).

Archived