Adding extra players to boost newgens?

AIK

For FM15 I'm thinking of using the editor to add a bunch of extra players to some countries that does not have so many players in the database. It will just be a bunch of fictional players with a name, nationality and random club. Nothing more. The purpose of it would be to get a larger variation in names and more newgens from those countries.

I do however wonder about that second purpose. I know that it was bugged in FM14 so that some/most minor countries didn't produce newgens at all (I reported that bug myself). But how did it work previously? In FM13 for example. Was the amount of newgens from certain countries dependent on the amount of players that was loaded in the save from those countries? Or is it other factors that determine it?

Take the example of Somalia. There's 47 Somali players in the database (FM14, 14.3.0 Update). If I want to make sure that there's enough newgens generated so that there's at least 200 Somali players available 15 years into the game. Should I add about 153 random players and then load all players from Somalia or is it other settings in the editor that I can/should use?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived