PGC: The Italian Job for FM15

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent effort guys a very good read .

Andy well done pal that is quite a run you went on I always knew you could handle yourself on FM joining late last year didn't help your cause at all but you could see your ability was there its nice to see you in from the start and enjoying some success long may it continue at least someone is doing it for the Scot's ' cough Davie cough ' :p

1288_zpsf0b5742e.png SPEZIA CALCIO CAMPIONI

speziacollage2_zpscc2899b9.jpg titlewinners_zps198870f9.jpg

And so after a hard fought season Spezia have done the unthinkable and won the title at the half way point this looked impossible with even a play off place looking out of reach but the team went on an unprecedented run of 12 games without defeat and quickly rose to the automatic promotion slots and on the last day with a far superior goal difference a 3 nil win over Perugia gave them there title speaking after the title a jubilant Gillespie spoke to the media...

" im speechless I knew we were good enough deep down inside but it doesn't make it any more real its like a dream come true this is a great club with the best fans ive had nothing but 100% support from them they really do push the club on and are a credit too us. I cant single out players its not how I like to manage my club but they all know they played a part and the core of the team is good enough for serie A I have no doubt in my mind about that "

With all the excitement of the league title its easy to forget that the mighty eagles had an impressive cup run this year too dispelling of a tough Foggia team before facing Lazio and after being under the cosh for most of the game spezias superstar goalkeeper helped them through a tough penalty shootout to emerge victorious where the mighty AC Milan waited in the next round. Spezia got of too a fast start and where the best team through out surprising fans and pundits alike despite all there hard work they couldn't make the breakthrough and again it was up to fans favourite chichi to save the day and the minnows progressed for a tough match against Napoli. with so many good players to contend with and despite a valiant effort Napoli and principally Marek Hamsik proved too good and spezias cup run came to an end but high praise indeed was levelled at the teams efforts with there defence and goalkeeper having standout games

acmilan_zpsa85d2761.jpg napoli_zps67343389.jpg

Gillespie also added " this success has only been possible due to the bravery and hard work of our departed chairman Matteo Volpi who worked tirelessly for this club and will forever be adored by our fans its was he who had the foresight to spot the talent hard work and endeavour possessed by a relatively unknown Scottish manager and the club in a relatively short time has found itself going from strength to strength I will never forget what he has done for me and wish him all the best

volpi_zps44e144b1.jpg 6cd5484f-f0b8-4542-b96f-1c558ad396da_zpsde56e2c4.png

The end of season awards didn't disappoint either with Youri Tielimans being singled out as young player of the year and it really was deserved he was a stand out all season his ability to pick a pass and cut open the oppositions defence was vital to turning defence into attack and at the back Karim Rekik who won defender of the year was a rock firm in the tackle and him and Rodrigo ely formed a formidable partnership spezia will be hoping to secure his services for next season he would be a huge loss. The 2 centre backs as good as they were also had the advantage of goalkeeper of the year Leandro Chichi hes a real fans favourite and despite intrest from all over Europe has tied himself down to a new contract

tielemans_zpsd72dbb4a.jpg chichi_zps2206b6a1.pngrekik_zps69bceefa.png

newbadge.png

AndyF - U.S Latina

After surviving 2 board meetings this season and a hard fought victory in the two legged playout (that's right playout not playoff) v Benevento I managed to hold out and keep my job. Things started off well with 5 victories and only 2 defeats in the first 9 games which put us well in the top half of the table but from then on the team couldn't maintain any consistency and it was all down hill from there. My first meeting came after a run of only 3 wins in 22 games in which I told the board that if the squad hadn't incurred the amount of injuries it had over that period then results would have been better, the board sided with me on this and let me carry on without any directives from then. We then went on a little run only losing once in seven games and looked like were turning thing round and mid table finish could have been achieved and I was looking forward to the final run in on the last day of the season come Tuesday. The first 3 games of night saw the team score 10 goals but unbelievably we never picked up a single point losing 4-5, 1-6 and 5-6, the second board meeting came in the middle of these 3 games. Once again I tried to play the old injuries card but the board were having non of it so I asked for a month to turn things round and they gave me a month but the run continued and we lost our final 3 games finally finishing in 18th place. I thought I was a goner and the sack was coming but it wasn't to be and we held out in the Playout game which looks to have secured my job for the time being after signing a new 2 year deal.

In the Italian Cup a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Seria A side Empoli ended our run at the 3rd qualifying round.

So we are in the first few days of July and people are looking build there squads up and I'm no different with a similar amount of players coming and going but we have saved ourselves a few quid buy letting a couple of high earners leave. I've tried to sign players on a free who will play this season and if in trouble financially I can cash in on them in 12 months time Ryan Mason £2.5M and Greg Kiltie £1.5M among these player. I'm hoping Simone Palombi can carry on his good form this season after last year scoring 15 in 21 games signing on a free from Lazio and the fans certainly think so as well, also in has come Darren Bent hopefully he can link up with the youngster and get us a few goals as well.

fanspalombi.png

2016summertranfers.png

The finances have been give a small boost with sponsorship deals totaling £2.5m, increased shirts sales and revenue from other areas of the club generating extra income.

COMMSUMMARY1.png

COMMSUMMARY2.png

fans-2.png

Until Next Time......

Stuart - ANCONA 6eg4gg.png

So we went and done it again. A mid season melt down cost me any hope of reaching the playoffs. 10 games 1 win 3 draws 6 loss was my record after our winter break saw me crash back down the league and finding my board starting to question my skills for the first time. I have no idea why this team keeps on having this melt down, the system is simple and the style works well as Ali found out when he came to my place. Before the game i had said to him my side is playing well and somebody going to come to my ground and get a royal ass kicking like pedro did the season before. This time it was Ali's turn to see how well my side can play. This leaves me scratching my head even more as after losing 6 of 10 i beat Ali and win 5 of the next 7, there is no Logic what is going on and im sure the same thing will happen again next season.

The Melt Down

99os8w.png

The recovery

famnoi.png

So over all its a season of what might have been, I'm a little unhappy with how the season went but its also a season where we have improved as a club. We finished 13th last season and a 9th place finish this time around shows we are on the the right track, we just have to stop the mid season madness.

SUMMER WINDOW

Wage bill cut Debt Rising and players leaving like rats on a sinking ship. Thats the story going on here at the moment. The players i have left have all agreed to take a wage cut so that will help the club big time and the players i have lined up are young and have not asked for stupid contracts so there is a little room weeling and dealing. I would really like to be able to sell 1 of my better players as my debt is a issue and will only get worse as we get into mid season.

The debt now

34pyka0.png

3m by end of the season.

The Team i have so far

2prg003.png

I hope to be addin 5,6 players with a top keeper this summer.

Well thats another End of season report done with.

More soon

5zo7b9.png

siena.png

So, as you can see, I'm no longer at Cremonese :( In the 2nd half of last season, we were in a slump and struggling to find consistent form, which meant the board lost patience with me and fired me... Despite us still having a good chance at reaching our goals for the season... I was quite annoyed, as Cremonese was my first choice club, and I was hoping to keep them throughout most of the FM15 game...

But hey, onwards we must go... and I'm now making my living at Siena...

I joined them while they were struggling to stay above the relegation playoff's, and the team was looking very weak, so my hopes of keeping them up were not great. I struggled to find the best tactics for the first few games, but things soon started to click and we got a semi-decent form going that secured a new season in C/A, and we finished in 13th...

10-12-14-Screenshot_4.png

So, the new season... So far it seems that Siena has vastly better finances than most of the clubs, that we're competing with in the league. We're expected to finish 13th (same as last season's finish), and the board is expecting us to get a mid-table position...

10-12-14-Screenshot_8.png

To achieve this mid-table position, the board has given me a transfer budget of 1 million and a wage budget of 46k... And I currently have around 19k free in wages to deal with on freebies...

10-12-14-Screenshot_7.png

So far I haven't been very active with signing new players, but many will join though. My predecessor had unfortunately secured to deals, before I joined - two deals that I would not have made. Other than that, I've signed two players myself, Trickett-Smith from Liverpool and Akindayini, of whom Trickett is the most promising... It was quite a gamble, I signed the two players without knowing a single of their stats, as I couldn't afford to scout them...

10-12-14-Screenshot_6.png

10-12-14-Screenshot_5.png

I currently have a very larget amount of loan bids out, and several trialist offers, so I'm not completely sure how my team will look one session from now, but I'm most certainly looking to strengthen the side a lot, as I still feel this side is fairly weak...

230px-ACD_Foggia_Calcio_zpsf30c2899.jpg

FOGGIA CALCIO UPDATE - Season 2 Week 2

Screenshot_65_zps7ad5255d.png

The rest of the season was quite eventful for myself and for Foggia but ultimately ended in failure. Foggia finished in 6th, a place higher than last season and bang on the media prediction but we got 4 points less than my first season and finished 10 points outside of the Play Offs. A season that promised so much, won only 6 of the 11 I targeted in January. One main reason for this was the board takeover that was happening at the club at the business end of the season. In all the uncertainty we lost 4 in a row which killed our season.

Screenshot_48_zpsba5da094.png

Screenshot_54_zps28bdd57a.png

Screenshot_49_zps097b0dee.png

Screenshot_52_zps4ba08569.png

Screenshot_50_zps8ef3a079.png

Screenshot_51_zps4a9863b5.png

Screenshot_53_zps95fd1c17.png

Screenshot_56_zps804f93b5.png

Screenshot_55_zps365d4ae9.png

Screenshot_58_zps2a477225.png

Screenshot_57_zps7a18ec0f.png

I managed to keep my job as Manager of Foggia but the timing of it all as well as looking to find a new manager made me wonder if I wanted to continue with them at all.

Here's how the season went for Foggia

Screenshot_62_zps71710a51.png

Screenshot_63_zps75e64da1.png

Screenshot_64_zps9ae90617.png

Foggia got one player in the Serie C/C Team of the year. Giovanni Abate made it into the side after being the leagues top goalscorer with 26 goals. He was also named the best signing of that season.

Screenshot_69_zpsb9fb6a76.png

Foggia's Best Eleven was also announced

Screenshot_77_zps56dc0540.png

Vincenzo Sarno was announced the Fans Player of the Season with 34% of the vote, Mauro Bollino running him close in 2nd with 29% and the clubs top goalscorer Giovanni Abate in 3rd.

Screenshot_76_zpsc740034f.png

Another season over finishing just outside the Play Offs. Hopefully it'll be third time lucky. It might be even harder next season to get a squad good enough to challenge for promotion as I'm expecting a drop in my wage budget. The squad though has a good core of players that are performing well and with a few additions and some good luck it might be our season!

4226189_zpsc793488d.jpg

FORZA FOGGIA!!

Well its a bit of a joke this now only lasted a week at lecce dont think i did anything wrong i guess the board wanted me to do things straight away even though they said mid table when i took over and then sack me when am above mid table.

Now i move on again by the time fm 16 comes around i guess you lot will have travelled all around italy with me :lol: my side now

a.png

Società Sportiva Dilettantistica Biancoscudati Padova is an Italian association football team from the city of Padua, Veneto. It currently plays in Serie C.Its colors are white and red.

The team should not be confused with the Calcio Padova currently inactive

The club was founded in the summer of 2014 after the non-inclusion of Calcio Padova in Lega Pro and Serie D.

The first official match was Biancoscudati Padova-Castellana (2-0), valid for the Coppa Italia Serie D, played 24 August 2014.

Team kits

m.png

Team stadium-Stadio Euganeo

y.png

Stadio Euganeo is a football stadium in Padua, Italy. It replaced the old and historical Appiani stadium.

Since 1994 to 2014 it is the home of Calcio Padova. It has a total capacity of 32,420.

Due to strict Italian laws about security in football matches, for football only the stadium capacity is reduced to 18,060 places.

It also played temporary host to Treviso for their first few matches in Serie A in the 2005–06 season, as their ground, Stadio Omobono Tenni, was deemed unfit; and to Cittadella, when playing her first two Serie B championships in the 2000–01 and 2001–02 seasons.By 2010/'11 season will be used also for the home matches of the second football team of the city, San Paolo Padova, playing in Serie D.

Thats the end of the magical mystery tour for this week folks until next week ciao

END-SEASON REVIEW (2015/16)

Stemma_Pro_Vercelli.jpg

FIXTURES

9pV1oLa.png

There are two ways of looking at this. Positively: this was our blip where we were supposed to losing and we've got draws. Or negatively: we've hit our peak and the rest of the season will be an anti-climax. With morale poor at the moment, after my failed attempt at a team meeting, I am prepared for the latter.

I refer back to this comment in my mid-season review because the prediction was prescient. I was inclined to the pessimistic viewpoint, as always in FM, and so it turned out. Our form this side of Christmas was no better than mid-table, and we had the pre-Christmas results to thank for our eventual slot in the playoffs.

We played very poorly to start off last week, before winning four in a row. However, we were actually playing horribly, and the thrashing that I felt was coming came in style against Pescara. From there on our form was bitty until the very end of the season. We played very well against Sassuolo, and lost, before destroying Benevento and somehow only drawing to Vicenza, and losing to Ternana, in a crucial game, as winning that would have seen us move second, with Ternana in a downward spiral. We ended up fifth. Small margins.

I wasn't in the best of spirits going into the playoffs, and my mood wasn't improved when we were 2-0 down in 15 minutes to Pedro's Pisa. We came back brilliantly however, and controlled the game in the second half, before we edged another game between us to go into the playoff final to meet Sassuolo. In the first leg we played tremendously, one of the best performances of the season, but Consigli is different class at this level, and we only won 1-0, I feared this would come back to haunt us. And so it turned out. In the second leg, despite being 2-2 with 20 minutes to go, we conceded a third and then a heartbreaking fourth, as my keeper palmed a harmless cross into his own goal from 12 yards out. For that to be the goal that denied us promotion, it was almost too much to take.

Key to our poor form, however, were the serious injuries to Cleverley and Lundemo, being without both for almost three months, ripping the goals and assists out of midfield, putting all the responsibility on the inconsistent Berntsen and Castiglia, who isn't dynamic enough. In all Cleverley missed six months of the season, with a dislocated shoulder and broken foot. With that taken into consideration the team held together well. It was no surprise or coincidence the team had a noticeable improvement in the last few games of the season with Lundemo back.

TRANSFERS IN (SUMMER 2016)

q1hVfCl.png

TRANSFERS OUT (SUMMER 2016)

YfVN9CL.png

On that side of negativity, we are heavily in debt, despite me being way under budget, and it seems this will only get worse as the season progresses. We might need to get promoted just to keep our players.

This was the other statement I made in my end of season review, and indeed we have had to sell to keep afloat, but not in the disastrous fashion it could have been. For we have sold Tom Cleverley to Burnley for £10m. This massive (for Pro Vercelli) injection of funds has seen far-reaching consequences with the club. Not only has it allowed some leeway in the transfer market in terms of strengthening the playing staff, it has allowed increased spend on backroom staff wages and numbers, and improved training facilities. Also helping was the sale of one of our youth products, Ferrero, a 17 year old GK, to Tottenham.

Playing staff wise we have strengthened all areas. Tall, strong Hejda and 17 year old Beck come into defence, with Hanstveit and Rexhepi discarded. Barreto was always a short-term fix, while the unhappy Olsen was sold, from the strikers. We made permanent the loan of Campbell, who has scored 44 goals across two seasons, signed the strong Larrondo for free, and two youngsters from England on loan: James Wilson and Ismael Azzaoui. Replacing Cleverley was Renan, who is not in the same class but speaks the language and is very rounded, while Diallo was another who wanted to leave for first-team action. In his place I pulled off another coup: Sulley Muntari. On the flanks, I have discarded Saevarsson and Easton, earlier in the year, with Hlousek coming on loan as back-up to Skjelvik, and Dalsgaard as hopefully first choice on the right. Only two Scandinavians signed this time round!

My plan when I took the job was to be promoted after three seasons, so the pressure is on from my own expectations, if not the media or board, who both expect respectable finishes. This has to be the season we do it, really, otherwise we may begin to lag behind and with such poor attendances, we have to take advantage of the Cleverley money now. This is our opportunity.

Gillespie Looking To The Future

training2_zpsb6de4b8c.jpg

With the new season approaching manager Andrew Gillespie is readying himself for the opening of Spezias new youth and training facilities the building of which had began well before promotion was confirmed underlying Gillespies commitment to helping bring through the local talent the passionate Spezia fans crave.

The new facilities boast classrooms training pitches and an indoor football arena there has also been significant money spent improving the youth recruitment network already in place when asked about how the future looks for Spezia Gillespie commented " Im here long term this isn't a stepping stone for me I don't dream of managing Milan or juventus I dream of taking Spezia to the highest point possible can we be in Europe one day ? why not ? ask me in 2 years no one thought wed be sitting in Serie A right now im a perfectionist and I don't ever give up these are qualities I see in this team this city and these fans "

barca_zpsc1aa2c43.jpg luis_zps404c4fd2.png

Gillespies commitment to youth hasn't gone unnoticed with European giants like Barcelona who have entrusted the manager with there outstanding Left back Grimaldo a future star in the making there attacking midfielder Alen Halilovic and speedy Cameroonian forward Dongou who is tipped as a star of the future. these players added to Youri Tielimans last years young player of the year give Spezia a real youthfull vigour and the pace that they move the ball and turn attack into defence really should give even the toughest defences nightmares

The new season ahead is going to be a tough one but with the financial restraints in place the team Gillespie has assembled looks like its ready and cant wait to get started and certainatly don't expect just be making up the numbers

All aboard the magical mystery tour bus again yes its another week and yes its another sacking for me :o .We started off with perugia in central italy then we moved to the south east with lecce then up to the north east with padova now i have moved yet again and this time its over the the north west with

n.png

In December 1908 the F.A.S. (Football Association Studenti) was created by eight students of Liceo Carlo Alberto, aged between 15–16 years; among them an engineer, Gianni Canestrini, and a lawyer, Piero Zorini. In Novara in those days, there were other small clubs like Voluntas, Pro Scalon, Ginnastica e Scherma, Forza & Speranza, Collegio Gallarini and many other student bodies. The best players from these teams came together to form Novara Calcio, and made their debut in the Italian league on 3 November 1912.

The first match was played against a team already then established as Torino, who won 2–1, with the first Novara goal scored by Mario Menendez.

In the years between World War I and World War II, Novara merged with Pro Vercelli, Alessandria and Casale to make the so-called "quadrilatero piemontese" (Piedmont Quadrilateral). Novara's highest finish came in 1952 when they finished in eighth place in Serie A.

During these years of staying in the top flight, Novara had Silvio Piola to thank. His many goals (which at the end of his career was over 300), made a huge contribution to the cause of Novara. Following his death in 1996, the stadium at which Novara play was dedicated in his name.

In 1956 came relegation to Serie B, and another five years afterwards, they slipped down to Serie C due to a fraudulent complaint by a Sambenedettese player.

A few successful seasons in Serie B followed, but then Novara stumbled again in 1977 with relegation to Serie C and worse in 1981 to Serie C2. In the 1995–96 season, Novara were back in Serie C1, but this joy was short-lived as the following year, the biancoazzurri again had to deal with relegation.

Years were spent in the shadows of Italian football until more recently when the league was won in the 2002–03 season.

Kit

k.png

Stadium

w.png

Stadio Silvio Piola is a multi-use stadium in Novara, Italy. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home ground of Novara Calcio. The stadium holds 17,875 and was named after Italy legend and former player Silvio Piola.

So its all over for this week join me next week where i hope to be in the same place if not its back in my camper van and on my way again

speziafanseagle_zps0bc85e79.png Spezia Calcio

Things are starting to get intresting for the mighty eagles the seasons went better than expected and the relatively little money given to the manager has been used to bring in some top talent. A predicted 18th place finish is being left in the dust as nearing the end of January Spezia find themselves in 11th place and only 3 points of Europe in an ever so tight league. Speaking to Gillespie after a 4 nil away win over Sampdoria

" this isn't even our best performance as soon as we tightened up at the back I knew wed push up the table if this new board backs my team we can go anywhere were outclassing teams with 4 and 5 times our budget with nice attractive passing football its a great time to be a spezia fan "

The fans are buying into the football too with double the amount of season ticket holders this season as last and whisperings of a new stadium to go with the new training facilities already being built.

dongou_zpsc243ba7a.png donati_zpsf2164aab.png

The spezia fans are also enjoying there relative success in the transfer market with Dongou now turning his loan signing into a permanent move for a free in the summer and the striker has already reached double figures despite some injury issues at the start of the season hes in a rich vien of form just now and can be a real star for the club in the future. The same can be said by a similar move for Gulio Donati turning his loan from Leverkusen into a permanent move with Gillespie saying "ive just picked up 20 million pounds of players for nothing at all not even a loan fee "

The influx of players from barcelona and spain may be why gillespies Barca esque passing game is being applied so quickly and effectively and why the serie A defences are struggling to cope with this very un Italian way too play footbal

newbadge-1.png

AndyF - U.S Latina

Somehow we find ourselves in 4th place even after conceding a whopping 74 goals only Ascoli have conceded more and they are bottom of the league at present, this is purely down to the 4 attackers that have contributed to 56 of the 86 league goals scored so far the 2nd highest in the Italian leagues.

The main contributor is Darren Bent who I signed on a free from Rotherham with 22, and Cavenaghi 12, Negro 14 and Palombi 8.

bentform.png

Remaining Fixtures

fixleft.png

With the remaining games we have left and our position we are I'm in a positive frame of mind about reaching the playoffs and I let the team know that in the latest team meeting.

So we will see come the end of Monday night how things have gone.

Until Next Time......

Stuart -ANCONA n67213.png

I don't know how to start this post as the anger i have towards the game is as fresh as ever. After such a great first half to the season i hit a flat spot as normal and found myself in 4th close hanging onto the last playoff spot with Ali flying by this time and him beating me 3-1 at my place there was a big worry that the season would just fall apart. I moved some players about and swap the system after that and things turned around fast with some good games wins from the last 4 games that saw me finsh 2nd and go into the playoffs hitting form at the right time.

The playoffs saw me drawn at home infront of 14,000+ (Unreal Fanbase ) and after 30 seconds i went 1 up, after that i took the game Trapani but the fix was in. After 32 shots on goal 16 on target Trapani get there first chance in the 81st min from a corner and score. It ends 1-1 and we go into Extra time, What happen after that saw me close to throwing my laptop clean though the window, a long ball from there goal keeper saw my 2 center halfs chasing it down for some reason, to makes things worse my keeper then comes out of his goal as my Center back passes the ball back to him, the ball rolls past my keeper both my center halfs stop running for the ball and watch the Trapani striker run onto it to score from all of 5 yards out in the 117min Season over.

wl2fko.png

2gua0wy.png

To angry to post anymore.

newbadge-1.png

AndyF - U.S Latina

It was a disappointing ending to what was a fantastic season finishing 4th after bowing out in the play-off final, losing 3-0 on aggregate to Bologna. We finished the season highest scorers in all the Italian leagues scoring 97, this was needed after conceding a ridiculous 83 goals.

pofixtures.png

On the transfer front there was a fair few comings and goings bringing a small profit of just over £700K. This combined with the money received from finishing 4th have enabled the clubs board to start improving the infrastructure of the club with over £1M being spent on upgrades on the youth and training facilities.

transferslatest.png

trainingfac-1.png

youthfac-1.png

Only a couple of players are due to arrive on July 1st so far and the club are also looking to sort a few deals out before then with negotiations currently on going.

fans-3.png

Until Next Time.......

anioCtK.png

Alessandro Jacobo - San Marino Calcio

Serie C/B - Play-Off Winners

Fantastic end to my second season in charge at San Marino. Like Stu, I had a three year plan here - consolidate, challenge and win. We have managed to complete said plan a year early, and now look to secure our future in Serie B. It's not going to be easy though, that's for sure. The board have now restricted our budget even further. 11k became 8k during the January transfer window, but that may well change early july. The season started off quite slowly, with my side struggling to 'click' during the early stages. My new transfer policy of competing with a team made up of loan signings was a huge risk and we looked a long way off from top 4 challengers. As the season progressed however, we went from strength to strength. During the winter months, we moved from a mid-table side to a top 6 side as we built a relatively large gap to 7th place. The 3-5-2 formations was working wonders away from home, where we were winning games against some of the bigger teams in Serie C/B. At home however, it was not quite as successful and teams where able to sit back and take a draw, or often nick the win in the 80-something minute. I realised that something had to be changed and took a leaf out of Stu's book and switched to a simple 4-4-2, loaning a couple of wingers during the january transfer window. It proved pivotal to the remainder of our season, as our home form picked up and we broke into the playoffs during the remaining 17 games.

Seasons Top Performers

I was ultimately wary of my new transfer policy. Trying to compete with a team of 80% loans was always going to be either hit or miss, but thankfully it was the former. Cirelli and Stritzel were the first two names on the team sheet. Cirelli, loaned from Pedro's Pisa has proved to be a revelation this season. 31 goals in 43 appearances, including a hattrick in the Play-Off Final, finishing the season off as San Marino's top goalscorer, creator and highest performer according to the average match ratings. As you can see, he's a player in the poacher mould, with strong finishing and excellent speed for this level. The obvious thing to do here was to have him as the player furthest up the pitch, feeding off passes and whipped crosses from the Wing Backs, Wingers, and Central Midfielders, depending on which formation I was playing. As the figurehead of the team, he has lead the line exceptionally well and I sincerely hope he agrees to renew his loan for our maiden season in Serie B.

Gianluca Cirelli

51i7Tm5.jpg

Domestic Cups

Got to third round of the Serie C cup and managed to fight my way into the 3rd round qualifying stage of the Italian Cup. Will be looking to improve on the latter next season.

Finances

Financially speaking, the transfer policy is doing it's job. We have made a profit of £200k last season, including all the prize money for winning promotion. I expect that to increase next season, with increased TV revenue, sponsorships and hopefully ticket sales. 8k a week is what our wages works out as, which includes those loan signings whose wages we pay 50% of. The policy is working, and will continue to be the way I attempt to work up the leagues. For next season, I will be on the look out for those free players who could become great players for the club. Players that could form the spine of the team, with loan signings making up the numbers.

a7TpfCp.jpg

Archived