DavidBeckham

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

Preseason 2019/2020 - Fulham F.C.

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Challenge for title

FA Cup: Semi final

Capital One Cup: Not important

Champions League: Reach first knockout round

We got within three points of the eventual title winners last season and it was no surprise to see the board raising their expectations this time round. Having bagged the FA Cup too, we are now expected to reach the semi-finals of the oldest cup competition in the world. Despite no change in their champions league expectations, I would like to go further in the competition having done so well in the group stages for the past two seasons.

Budgets

Transfer: 24.34 million pounds

Wages: 1.5 million pounds

Reasonable budgets all round as we are now officially without the new stadium's financial burden. I am looking forward to playing in our new home \o/

Transfers

bL0zelp.jpg?1

Two players were brought in to replace the ageing ones in Ward and Matic. Academy graduate Foday Nabay left for Aston Villa for a healthy 4.9 million pounds as his development fell behind the club's progress in the recent years.

Players In

Lucas Candido

Another Brazilian hard man arrives at the club after we decided to let go of Matic as he is on the wrong side of his thirties. Candido reminds me a little of Gilberto Sliva when he was part of the Arsenal Invincibles team and he will compete with Wanyama for the midfield anchor role.

Javi Manquilio

Javi joins the club to replace Ward in the squad and the Spaniard is quick, hardworking and anticipates defensive situations well. He will give Clyne a run for his money in the upcoming season at right-back.

Preseason Friendlies

UcHflml.jpg?1

We traveled to U.S.A for a preseason tour before returning for our routine easy fixtures. Chelsea was up next in the Community Shield and the lads were unexpectedly comfortable in a 2-1 victory. Martial and Redmond were the heroes as we lifted our first ever Community Shield under my tenure \o/

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Belotti having a great season for you last year :cool:

More top work fella. Value of 1B seems weird but hey ho, not something to complain about I guess :D Hopefully this year is the year.

Cheers mate, glad that he turned out great like what you suggested! Pretty sure the team value is a bug though, we can't possibly be worth more than the bigger clubs!

And we have had a great start this season, things looking good so far :D

Feyenoord and CSKA the sort of teams who might be competitive in their own stadiums but not sides you would think of losing at home to. Reckon you just need to win your three home games and get at least one more point on the road to get out of that group. Feyenoord and CSKA will take enough points from each other that you will get through.

Juventus not a nice team to have to play but second in the group wouldn't be too bad. No reason you can't top it, mind you.

Feyenoord and CSKA the sort of teams who might be competitive in their own stadiums but not sides you would think of losing at home to. Reckon you just need to win your three home games and get at least one more point on the road to get out of that group. Feyenoord and CSKA will take enough points from each other that you will get through.

Juventus not a nice team to have to play but second in the group wouldn't be too bad. No reason you can't top it, mind you.

Quality analysis mate :D We always seem to do really well in the group stages and it was the same this time round. The challenge is to prevent another first knockout round elimination!

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

August to December 2019/2020 - Fulham F.C.

League

G14VNP5.jpg?1

We had a brilliant start to the season with 10 wins out of 10 but these runs don't last in a tough league as we drew 3 and lost 1 in the next 6 games. Patrick Roberts has had a storming start to the season with 11 goals from left wing and he currently tops the goal scoring charts in the premier league :eek: The sudden improvement in his goal scoring form reminds me of how Ronaldo and Bale first morphed into goal scoring machines at United and Spurs respectively.

Table

0I3mtvo.jpg?1

The excellent start to the season helped us maintain a four point lead over our closest rivals Chelsea at the top. Man United and Arsenal complete a familiar looking top 4 while Liverpool are floating precariously above the relegation zone after a poor start to the season.

Capital One Cup

eIvzTeS.jpg?1

We have had reasonable draws up till now and the lads managed to live up to their expectations and progressed to the semi-finals for a second consecutive year. Jose Mourinho's Man United awaits us in the semi-finals and we face a fight to reach our first ever capital one cup final under my tenure.

Champions League

bgbCIvI.jpg?1

Ic7GBWx.jpg?1

Things did not get off to a good start in Italy as we fell to a 1-2 defeat against the giants Juventus. Thankfully, the lads rediscovered their form in Europe and managed to string together 5 straight wins to qualify in style. We even managed to leapfrog Juventus as the margin of our win at Fulham Stadium exceeded theirs in Turin. A clash with German side Leverkusen awaits us in the first knockout round as we bid to reach the quarter-finals of the prestigious competition for the first time.

ZtfrAa.jpg

Those messages amuse me, they are not happy with the price but are happy with the profit?

Think fans' happiness over profit is determined by % (so if he's signed for £1M and sold for £10M they are delighted that they've made a 900% profit), whereas happiness over the fee itself is just determined by what their value is and what % of that value they are sold for (so a value of £10M but sold for £15M is only a 50% profit of value) and I guess it doesn't reach certain measures... I think. It does seem quite silly though. Although it is probably a healthy profit, you wouldn't be happy that the healthy profit is 'such a low price' in their own words :D

Brilliant season so far Becks. Hopefully it is a special season indeed. Potential for silverware in three competitions atm with the FA Cup still to be played...

Cheers lads! No matter what I was real upset to see Woodrow go :( I had no choice as his morale was so low that I couldn't play him anymore. The boy wanted to play in the league games but with Belotti and Martial, I couldn't give him enough starts and cup games weren't enough for him :*(

Shame for Woodrow.

Players get unhappy over lack of first-team football far too often on this version imo. Do you guys face the same problem?

Sometimes, I had one player on a save, the "slt" icon popped up without fail if he missed two games in a row, fecker wasn't even ranked as a Key Player.

Cordova looks a bit smashing.

Cordova looks a great prospect!

Are you planning on playing him in defence or defensive midfield?

Yes he's awesome and he will backup Wanyama in the midfield anchor role :D

Shame for Woodrow.

Sometimes, I had one player on a save, the "slt" icon popped up without fail if he missed two games in a row, fecker wasn't even ranked as a Key Player.

Cordova looks a bit smashing.

That happens to me almost all the time and in no time their morale will plunged to very poor and to the point of no return :( Woodrow was the same and I had to sell him :*(

Going well so far mate and unlucky with Woodrow just cant win sometimes but at least you got a decent price.

Cheers mate! Yes the money wasn't bad but I am a sentimental person :(

Good signings DB. Cordova looks very impresive.

I think everyone is having the same issues with players getting upset over game time. Might be related to the squad status, as i have to deal with 2-3 players like that every year, at times throughout the season i need a larger squad due to injuries and hectic schedule.

Probably depends on the players attributes too, maybe lower professionalism and higher ambition will make a player more whiny, and less happy to benchwarm.

I've taken to offering player as small a squad status as possible to get them to join. Or dropping their rank after a period of time. It helps, sometimes.

Good signings DB. Cordova looks very impresive.

I think everyone is having the same issues with players getting upset over game time. Might be related to the squad status, as i have to deal with 2-3 players like that every year, at times throughout the season i need a larger squad due to injuries and hectic schedule.

Probably depends on the players attributes too, maybe lower professionalism and higher ambition will make a player more whiny, and less happy to benchwarm.

I've taken to offering player as small a squad status as possible to get them to join. Or dropping their rank after a period of time. It helps, sometimes.

I agree that it could be due to their squad statuses and hidden attributes :) Sometimes you just need to offer them really good squad statuses to attract them to a small club like Fulham :D

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

Season Review 2019/2020 - Fulham F.C.

League

Remaining Fixtures (January to May) Final Table (Champions)

We did it! It wasn't as smooth sailing as it turned out to be in the end as both Chelsea and Manchester United were hot on our heels for most of the season. In the end, a 0-0 draw between them towards the end of season propelled us to our first ever premier league title! Despite finishing only 3rd, Manchester United scored the most and conceded the least under Jose Mourinho's leadership and they will definitely be more determined than ever to claim the title back from us next season. Time to celebrate!

Awards

Aj43mHt.jpg?1

I was really proud to see our club captain win the Player of the Year and Will has been superb since taking over from Woodrow.

52CwVve.jpg?1

Very well-deserved award for our first-choice right winger as he had a really productive season and even broke the league's record number of assists.

uMPHePV.jpg?1

\o/

meOxsSD.jpg?1

Two in the team of the year and two on the bench this time round \o/

Capital One Cup (Winners)

HQSpQNg.jpg?1

Despite many saying that the competition is not important, I wanted to win this badly as we failed numerous times for the past few seasons. The boys finally did it in style, beating West Brom, Norwich, Q.P.R., Man United and Man City along the way to claim our first ever Capital One Cup. Vice captain and one club man Dan Burn was brilliant in the final and bagged a brace to help the team to the cup win.

FA Cup (Beaten finalists)

0nuwpMv.jpg?1

We were so close to retaining the cup but Wanyama got injured in the build-up to the final and his dominating presence was badly missed at Wembley. We ended up on the wrong end of a 2-3 thriller and I was not happy to see Guardiola lift the cup with our London rivals.

Champions League (Eliminated in Semi-finals)

O8EQsqI.jpg?1

D2PdMz1.jpg?1

We went further than many expected but were badly exposed in the second leg of the semi-finals against Barca. We managed to escape with a 2-1 victory from Nou Camp after they had a player sent off early and I thought we had an excellent chance to reach our first ever champions league final. Sadly, Messi, Neymar and Lamela were unplayable at Fulham Stadium and the lads got nowhere near them in a disappointing 1-3 defeat. Nevertheless, I was pleased to have gone so much further this time round in Europe's elite competition.

Squad Analysis

Squad Stats

What a season! It was also worth noting that we did not have a clear cut top scorer and goals were better spread around the team this term. We ended up with 6 players over 10 goals and that's really heartening to see.

First 11

The first 11 with the most number of appearances for those who requested :)

Top 3 Players

Nathan Redmond

The pacy right winger has been awesome for me since he signed from Norwich and he has evolved into an assist machine this term. Nathan ended the season with 12 goals and 26 assists in all competitions and is well worth the 10 million pounds we splurged on him in 2015.

Will Hughes

By far my player of the season! Will took over as captain after Woodrow left the club and his performances immediately went up a notch and ended the season with an impressive 16 goals and 15 assists from central midfield. The goals he scored were really crucial as well and the Englishman had been an integral part of the team throughout a very successful season \o/

Patrick Roberts

I would like to give an honorable mention to this local lad and he had been really unlucky this year. Having scored 16 and assisted 10 in only half a season, Patrick broke his leg and was ruled out for the rest of the season. Had he stayed fit, god knows what he could have achieved. It is also really painful to see his physicals dropping after the bad injury :(

What a season! Shame about the FA Cup Final loss and the defeat in the CL SFs, but that is a phenomenal season considering before now you hadn't won a great deal. Kudos mate, that's stellar work.

Hopefully next season you'll be able to put in a similar performance in Europe and take the title again, or at the very least challenge it to the death.

What a season! Shame about the FA Cup Final loss and the defeat in the CL SFs, but that is a phenomenal season considering before now you hadn't won a great deal. Kudos mate, that's stellar work.

Hopefully next season you'll be able to put in a similar performance in Europe and take the title again, or at the very least challenge it to the death.

Cheers mate! I still think our squad pales in comparison to the European giants and we certainly need some strengthening in certain positions!

Might stuff, nice you finally got serious progress in Europe.
Excellent season - was very close to being a quadruple too!
Great season overall, hopefully the Champions League wont be that far away now.

Cheers lads! I had comfortable draws in Europe all the way till the semis where I realized how far we are behind the likes of Barcelona :(

time to spend that 1billion on Messi?

To be honest, we need to do something close to that as we lack that star quality to challenge at the very top!

Well done on the title and the cup win over Man City, unlucky in the FA Cup but no disgrace in losing to the mighty Spurs.;)
Barnstorming! More success to follow no doubt :thup:

Cheers lads! :D

Stellar season, Becks! Did you see a decent improvement in your European coefficient after that mighty run in the CL?

I am not too sure how this works but we were third seeds and having qualified for the champions league for four successive seasons, I believe the coefficient should improve?

Hows Galloway doing for you? He's got a break in season for me this year at Everton.

He has been perfect for me as a ball winner and good for a title challenging side but not top top class! Highly recommend him though as he is English :D

Hopefully you can make another CL challenge next time.

Cheers mate I certainly hope so but we are quite far at the moment :(

We were the richest last season (bug or no bug) and despite a solid season, we got overtaken badly by the English clubs :D:D:D

One key transfer window can drastically alter a clubs value, via their finances, in my experience. Did the overtaking teams sell any really big names?

4KYaK4k.jpg?1

wlVNuxP.jpg?1

Will you take one of these jobs now?

Might as well if you don't mind doing two jobs at once, I'd go for Italy on personal taste(and an excuse for 3-CB formations:cool:), albeit Spain is probably the better option.

One key transfer window can drastically alter a clubs value, via their finances, in my experience. Did the overtaking teams sell any really big names?

Might as well if you don't mind doing two jobs at once, I'd go for Italy on personal taste(and an excuse for 3-CB formations:cool:), albeit Spain is probably the better option.

They did not sell any big names and did most of their businesses the other way! Cheers for the advice mate! :D

Archived