DavidBeckham

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

Preseason 2020/2021 - Fulham F.C.

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Challenge for title

FA Cup: Semi final

Capital One Cup: Not important

Champions League: Quarter final

The expectations remained the same apart from the slight increase in expectations in the champions league. That also means we must qualify as group winners to avoid the big guns in the first knock out round. Having won the league, the FA Cup and the Capital One Cup, the aim now surely is to capture that elusive champions league title but to be realistic, we are still a distance from it :(

Budgets

Transfer: 36.15 million pounds

Wages: 2.1 million pounds

Considerable rise in both transfer and wage budgets. We will be looking to add the right quality to take the squad to the next level and hopefully compete with the European giants. So, quality above quantity yet again in this window.

Transfers

UX7QCbl.jpg?1

It was two in two out this time round as we broke the bank for two top defenders to fill the holes left behind by Neil Taylor and Aymen Abdennour.

Players In

Lucas Digne

We wanted a top top left-back to replace the outgoing Taylor and Lucas was the best we could find on the market. The Frenchman is one of the most all-rounded full-backs you can find in world football and he will go straight into the starting 11 for the upcoming season.

Matija Nastasic

Similar to the previous signing, we needed a top level center-back to replace an ageing and outgoing one and Nastastic was the best center-back on the market who was willing to join us. The Serbian is a fantastic header of the ball and has the uncanny ability of finding himself in the right defensive positions. Like Digne, he will go straight into a new-look back four right at the start of the season \o/

Preseason Friendlies

ubTaztJ.jpg?1

After our biyearly preseason tour to China, we were back in London for a couple of friendlies before we faced Spurs in the Community Shield curtain-raiser. Having lost to our London rivals in the FA Cup final last season, we were all fired up and raced to a 2-0 lead. Frustratingly, ball-winner Galloway got sent off after two bookable offences and Spurs pulled a goal back immediately from the resulting free-kick. Thankfully, the lads managed to hang on to our narrow lead and we lifted our second consecutive community shield \o/

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like that Digne can do a job anywhere up the wing.

That lad is versatile :) But he will play most of the season at left-back for me as I have Roberts, Traore, Ince and Redmond who can all play at ML and offer more in attacking sense :D

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

August to September 2020/2021 - Fulham F.C.

League

BXRpJZ5.jpg?1

We won all of our league fixtures thus far but the lads are not getting carried away as most of the games were winnable ones apart from the away fixture at Old Trafford. The boys started like a house on fire and dismissed Stoke City 7-0 in our first home game of the season. Anthony Martial completed his hat-trick in just 22 minutes and ended the match with 5 goals. He kept up his fiery goal scoring streak in the next few games and is currently right up there at the top of the goal scoring charts with 10 goals.

Table

SOg397H.jpg?1

Due to our kind run of fixtures, we are now top with 18 points, 3 ahead of our nearest rivals United thanks to our brilliant win at Old Trafford. I was surprised to see Chelsea lingering in 8th after running us close last season and Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City & Everton complete a familiar looking top 6.

Capital One Cup

Yta4rWj.jpg?1

A kind home draw against league 1 side Bradford allowed us to play our second stringers and they didn't disappoint in a convincing 8-0 win. We have two hat-trick heroes in Lacazette & Belotti and American technician Hyndman completed the rout with a brace. The lads are looking forward to the tough away fixture at Newcastle in the next round.

Champions League

8LZSF2b.jpg?1

Xx0lQRu.jpg?1

The pleasing group draw this year was helped by the improvement in our seedings. (we are now first seeds!) With all due respect to our opponents, I expect the lads to top the group this time round. Everything is going well so far as we bagged six points out of six against Porto and Zenit, scoring 6 and conceding 1. A pair of fixtures against German side Wolfsburg awaits us in the next two months.

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

October to December 2020/2021 - Fulham F.C.

League

Km3otqC.jpg?1

The new skin came in time for a new update! It looks decent and is certainly a good change from the dark default skin. Back to our save, we have been good in the league, winning 9, drawing 3 and losing that last game against Chelsea in 13 fixtures. We struggled to break down ten men Spurs and Villa in our two draws and it may prove to be costly at the end of the season.

Table

Ka1O6zE.jpg?1

A pleasing first half of the season so far! We managed to stay unbeaten until the last fixture of December where we lost to Chelsea via a late Willian goal from a corner kick. It has been a close fight with Mourinho's Man United as we swapped places a lot throughout the season and I foresee it being the same all the way till the finishing line.

Capital One Cup

Qu1IsDr.jpg?1

All is good as we are still in the competition despite tough ties against Chelsea and Newcastle. Patrick Roberts has been the star of the competition with five goals in the two mentioned games and we are not looking forward to facing Man United (yes, them again!) in the semi-finals.

Champions League

zj7seYX.jpg?1

iycetec.jpg?1

As the rest of the teams in the group were of similar levels, we managed to pull clear of the pack and finish top quite comfortably in the end. With top spot sealed, a number of second stringers were given the chance in the last game against Zenit and they managed the biggest win of the group stage in a fantastic 6-0 victory. A tough PSG side awaits us in the first-knockout round.

Box dominator. :cool:

He's great, but will most probably be back up to Zoet, at least for this season :D

Not been on the last few days so just caught up, goign well so far mate but gutted to see Villa under Birmingham.

Cheers mate! You Villa fan? Must be happy these couple of weeks as they have been solid!

Yes I am and as long as we beat West Brom this weekend im happy haha.

They may need to start putting your name on the Capital one cup now every year if you carry on ;)

Yeah good luck to them this weekend, it's a big derby as well! The players seem to always play well in this competition, would be good if they can transfer that form to Europe!

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

Season Review 2020/2021 - Fulham F.C.

League

Remaining Fixtures (January to May) Final Table (Champions)

We suffered a run of three consecutive defeats towards the end of the season and thankfully the players managed to recover in time to win our last two games on our way to the title. The fans were ecstatic to see us finish 4 points clear of Mourinho's Man United after they ran us close throughout the season. United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton and Man City completed a familiar looking top 7 while Aston Villa finished bottom to the surprise of many in a disappointing season.

Awards

hRFe9YT.jpg?1

Best ten million pounds spent in my career so far :)

XpaNBcI.jpg?1

Very well-deserved as our captain marvel inspired the team on numerous occasions throughout the season \o/

mDWAZUu.jpg?1

\o/

2pivROB.jpg?1

This must be the year when we have the most number of players in the Team of the Year!

VeVQUAY.jpg?1

Even though our number 1 failed to make my top 3 players of the season, he is certainly in my top 5 as the Dutch shot-stopper made numerous unbelievable saves throughout the season to win us crucial points.

Qe4OHG6.jpg?1

I didn't know he is young enough to win this but I was proud to see our academy graduate bag an award :*)

j47E1On.jpg?1

JDownie, this is for you mate :D

Capital One Cup (Winners)

MN2moxt.jpg?1

Not many fancy this competition but I certainly do as the lads lifted our second consecutive capital one cup. It wasn't exactly a comfortable cup run as we had to overcome the likes of Chelsea, Man United and Man City along the way.

FA Cup (Winners)

Xpxe4X0.jpg?1

After coming so close last season (we were beaten finalists), I was determined to bag the FA Cup this time round and the boys certainly did not disappoint. We were perfect defensively throughout our cup run, conceding none in seven games and Italian hotshot Belotti was our cup final hero after bagging the winner against the Gunners :D

Champions League (Winners)

lI5IavH.jpg?1

Lcfdy5J.jpg?1

When we drew Barcelona in the semi-finals, I thought we were going to get walloped again but I was very wrong! The boys put up arguably the best display of my career so far at Nou Camp in a brilliant 4-0 first leg win before finishing the job back in London in a 6 goals thriller. Arsenal were our cup final opponents again and Patrick Roberts was the hero this time round after bagging a brace in a 2-0 victory!

Squad Analysis

Squad Stats

I never thought that this group can win it all this season and the lads have proved me wrong brilliantly yet again. The attacking players stepped up their level of performances (we have 7 players on double figures in terms of goals) and the signing of Digne and Nastasic shored up our defense further in a terrific season.

First 11

The first 11 with the most number of appearances for those who requested :)

Top 3 Players

Andrea Belotti

You simply don't leave out your top scorer in your top 3 players of the season and the Italian false nine scored some crucial goals throughout the season. Andrea ended the season with 27 goals and 5 assists in 40 starts and like what JDownie pre-empted, this guy had been a beast for me \o/

Nathan Redmond

Since signing for us for 10 million pounds, the pacy Englishman managed to improve his level of performances with every season and this season was no different. Nathan managed to stay fit throughout the year and bagged 20 goals and 24 assists from 44 starts in a very productive season.

Matija Nastasic

I don't think many will agree with this choice but Matija is my player of the season! With the squad very much the same from last season, Matija came in and made a hell lot of difference and pushed the club to the highest level. He even found time to bang in 5 at the other end of the field and is undoubtedly my player of the season!

What's next?

I don't think I can ever top this season and with one top Italian job available right now, it is highly possible that I will leave Fulham :*(

Watch this space!

It is a real special day to come to Juventus and I'd like to thank the chairman for this opportunity. I feel very fortunate to be given such a huge job in Italy and all I want to do is be humble and hard-working enough to take this magnificent club to the next level. It has been a phenomenal time at Fulham but after seven seasons, having achieved so much, this was the right time and I knew Juventus was the right club. It will be such an exciting time for me to be working in another brilliant footballing country. We already have a very strong team and over the next few months, we need to get together and make sure we are a winning side. The aim for a club like ours should be getting to the very top. However, it is not going to happen overnight and I look forward to an exciting journey.

kPuxNp0.jpg?1

Juve! Score! How is the squad looking, overhaul needed?

I'd presume at least some, as I'm imagining you'll keep to your tactics, rather than Juves usual?

The squad has better quality players than Fulham in certain positions but lack a couple of defenders, a keeper and a left-winger! And yes, I will definitely be sticking to my tried and trusted 4-1-4-1 :D

Great way to finish things off at Fulham. Juve is probably a step down after that.

Cheers mate! Given the history of Juventus and the fact that I wanna try things abroad, this was the perfect move ;)

Watch Fulham go down next year :D

7VwOBow.jpg?3

They probably will after this signing :eek:

150px-Juventus_Turin.svg.png

Preseason 2021/2022 - Juventus F.C.

Club Info

aMfEotg.jpg?1

Juventus finished third in Serie A last season and despite winning the Italian Cup, my predecessor was sacked and this showed the incredible expectations that come with a top top job. The Bianconeri is one of the most successful clubs in Italian football and in terms of the club's history and facilities, it is certainly a step up from Fulham. I am looking forward to managing the likes of Sterling and Pogba in Italy.

Board Expectations

Champions League: Reach the final

Serie A: Win Serie A

Italian Cup: Not important

I am stunned by the club's expectations to say the least! Even though I already have a top quality squad to work around with, the expectations are still a tad unrealistic for a manager's first season at the club. I certainly hope I won't get the sack!

Budgets

Transfer: 40 million pounds

Wages: 2.5 million pounds

This is what you get at a top top club and the budgets easily surpassed what I had at Fulham. Nevertheless, I won't be adding many players and this window will be very much like how it was last summer, adding top top players in certain positions instead of making wholesale changes.

Transfers

XZH06c3.jpg?1

We were able to spend so much on five players due to the unbelievable amount of cash raised from the departures. The players who left were either too slow or too soft for my tactics and I was pleased with the quality I was able to bring in for a mere net amount of 27 million pounds.

Players In

Brendan Galloway

My first choice ball winner at Juventus went crazy after I sold a young player and even went further to unsettle the other key players. I had no choice but to move him on and with no suitable ball winners on the market, I had no choice but to go back to my former club and poach one of my proudest signings at Fulham. Brendan won everything with me in London and if he can manage half the successes we had, I would be happy :)

Jack Butland

I needed another keeper as the only quality one I have at the club currently is an ageing Begovic. Jack is a fantastic all rounded keeper and he will go straight into the starting 11 ahead of the 34 year old Asmir.

Vaclav Cerny

We lack a left-winger to back Iker Muniain up and Vaclav is the perfect fit available on the market. The pacy winger has end product to accompany his dancing feet and he will push the Spaniard hard for a starting spot.

Marco Coimbra

Last summer, I wanted to sign Marco ahead of Nastasic for Fulham but the Portuguese chose Man United. We needed a top top center-back at Juventus and I was willing to break the bank for such a talent. If Coimbra can stay injury free, we can go very far with this signing in the upcoming season.

Calum Chambers

Calum is the only top right-back available on the market and I had to splash the cash again to strengthen our defense. The Englishman is very athletic and positions himself well in defensive situations. Hopefully, both him and Coimbra can be like how Nastasic and Digne were last season, and propel my new club to silverware this season.

Preseason Friendlies

JFef4BM.jpg?1

For some unknown reasons, the game cancelled my friendlies which were scheduled on 5th and 8th of August and from then on, these dates became unavailable and I wasn't able to replace the cancelled friendlies. This is frustrating as the players need game time to get themselves familiarized to my tactics. We are barely halfway through our tactical familiarity and as a result, I foresee a tough Super Cup tie against AC Milan in our first competitive fixture of the season.

To be fair, Keane's one of the best coaches in the game. IIRC his judging is a bit rubbish though.

He has 20 level of discipline, 18 determination and 17 motivation on my game, not too bad but he seems to fall out with almost everyone at the moment!

Archived