[FM15] The only way to force Becks into Football Management

DavidBeckham

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle-United-icon.png

Season Review 2041/2042 - Newcastle United F.C.

Premier League

Fixtures (Whole season) Final Table (4th)

We finished with an identical points total as last season but dropped down to 4th in a very competitive season. I was also glad to secure the opportunity to play in the Champions League for a second consecutive year and it was another season of over-achievement (we were tipped to finish 9th by the media). In terms of Salary Per Year, we are a long way below the rich boys in 19th place and the boys can feel very pleased about the season's work.

Awards

yjVinbP.jpg

Four in the Team of the Year this time round \o/

j3rgBOA.jpg

Our Brazilian number one had another consistent campaign and deserved his second consecutive Golden Glove award!

OpnDI6G.jpg

He was signed on a free in my first year with the club and I'm elated to have watched him come so far :**)

tyBKtrE.jpg

We bagged the double!

FA Cup

bjInOIR.jpg

The lads did well to reach the quarter finals but came undone against Aston Villa when our squad was stretched to its limits.

Capital One Cup

d8tkt46.jpg

My first silverware with the club! It was such a tough cup run as we struggled past Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham before facing Liverpool in the final. The lads raced to a 3-1 lead but Liverpool came storming back to draw 3-3 in a repeat of Istanbul. Thankfully, our players kept their nerves and managed to beat the Reds 7-6 on penalties in the end \o/

Champions League

k6UJ6ry.jpg

hp0YrOO.jpg

We had a tight group stage and somehow managed to finish ahead of Valencia and Roma with only 10 points. The boys did terrifically to dismiss Monaco in the First Knock Out round after our best display of the season in the second leg. Real Sociedad was up next and we were optimistic going into the second leg after drawing the first leg 1-1 in Spain. To our dismay, the new Spanish giants proved to be too strong for our boys and we succumbed to a 1-3 aggregate defeat.

Top 3 Players

Rok Gerencer

Rok was unfortunate with injuries in his first season with us and after managing to avoid long term injuries this campaign, the Slovenian achieved a decent goal ratio (22 goals in 28 starts) and even managed to create a further 6 for his team-mates. Good season for the striker.

Andrea Varisco

The Italian winger takes his place in my top 3 players of the season again after another productive campaign. Andrea improved to finish on double figures for both assists and goals and still only 23, I expect him to build on the terrific season next year.

Ben Partridge

I’m so happy for the lad. I signed him on a free in my first year with the Magpies when he was loitering on the transfer market unwanted. After a couple of years, the Englishman has developed into a top Premier League midfielder and fully deserved his Player of the Year award. Ben finished with 13 goals and 17 goals in 37 starts and is without a shadow of a doubt my player of the season!

With the impending release of FM16, time is running out for me to try out MLS on this version. As a result, I have decided to resign from Newcastle and wait for the LA Galaxy job to come around. Disappointingly, after holidaying through a season, Galaxy extended the contract of their current manager and left me with little choice but to take up another MLS job. And this finally came up after another season of holidaying through the save:

Hxq3d8V.jpg

And I took it..

2XeATA5.jpg

The MLS swansong \o/

• 1 month later...

I regret to say that I have not managed to play much of MLS due to work, and now that FM16 has been released, it's time to put an end to this thread

:(

Km26PBc.jpg

BgCRY6y.jpg

7 clubs + England national team, 44 cup wins, 13 league wins & 10 pages of memories..

Huge thanks to all who have read/posted in this thread :**)

Archived