dafuge's FM15 challenge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which required players... Is there save files still in I think the second page still at end of 2014-2015 season that we can pick through?

Of course, if the initial setup is too confusing then downloading one of the saves might be a good idea for you.

My board rejected my request every time in the first few years, it wasn't until I had gained a couple of promotions that they let me study for a badge.

Weirdly my board have been more than happy for me to take my badges, I'm in my second season in the Conference and I'm studying for one of the Continental badges already. My chairman keeps putting money into the club to 'help with the running costs' (although we are never in the red) which might be why they are happy to fund my progression.

Dafuge, what are your facilities like?

I'm just beginning my second season in the Premiership and despite having a huge bank balance, the board refuse to upgrade anything without an argument and even then they only spend £1.8m on each Training and Youth Facilities so I think are minimally improving them.

Increasing Junior coaching & youth recruitment requests no longer appear. I have been pestering them and attending job interviews for jobs I've no intention of taking just so they agree to upgrade things for a number of seasons now though

I even added to my job remit developing own youth players in the hope the board would realise our facilities aren't good enough to actually do that & would improve them significantly but it didn't happen.

I'm just beginning my second season in the Premiership and despite having a huge bank balance, the board refuse to upgrade anything without an argument and even then they only spend £1.8m on each Training and Youth Facilities so I think are minimally improving them.

Increasing Junior coaching & youth recruitment requests no longer appear. I have been pestering them and attending job interviews for jobs I've no intention of taking just so they agree to upgrade things for a number of seasons now though

I even added to my job remit developing own youth players in the hope the board would realise our facilities aren't good enough to actually do that & would improve them significantly but it didn't happen.

I'm in my second Prem season as well and only have two star (adequate) training facilities but at least have 3.5 star (great) youth facilities - My training facilities have only had three upgrades once in 2016, then 2019 and the last one this year 2024, whilst my youth facilities have been upgraded six times including twice this season, with two of the upgrades being done with the training facility upgrades.

Wierdly we do have and have had for a while excellent junior coaching (not sure if that is the highest, as City have exceptional but no-one else seems to even Barcelona) dispute the board being against us developing youth players, we also have Above Average Youth Recruitment though improving that is largely reputation based.

I also think when upgrading facilities they will only do one level at a time instead of spending the money to skip a few levels, which means it'll take a long time for me to get good training facilities.

Well this is a little weird but in my youth intake this season I've got four Welsh kids and the only Welsh connection we have is Joe Ledley as my Fitness coach, on the plus side one of them has a 4.5 star Potential :cool: it's just a shame he's a Centre-Back who cannot jump :(

EDIT: Got a Second guy with Prem Potential who was born in West Brom which makes up for them poaching my best prospect a few years back :)

Our facilities are as good as they can get (I think), although the stadium is far too small for the club.

Pitch condition has been listed as Terrible all season, it's been the talk of many pre-match interviews both for me and the opposition managers and now we've started having games postponed when it rains. No money to relay it though so it's only going to get worse unless I magically win the FA Cup from the Conference.

Pitch condition has been listed as Terrible all season, it's been the talk of many pre-match interviews both for me and the opposition managers and now we've started having games postponed when it rains. No money to relay it though so it's only going to get worse unless I magically win the FA Cup from the Conference.

Sucks, I had a terrible pictch until league 1, then my finances finally got a little in order.

Just about to lose the most promising of my youngsters. Davison is still only 16 and has been used mainly as a bench cover, filling in when the main LB gets injured or is in bad form. Surprised the club hasn't gone over my head and accepted but I think I have to for the good of the club (and the fact that his agent wants me to accept). £27.5k at least over the next 12mths and the friendly should get more 40-50k more. Wanted a higher percentage of next sale but they kept refusing anything until right at the end so 10% better than nothing. Here's his coaches report, you can see he has some great promise and attributes. Given that we're £419k in debt and it took 5 rounds of negotiation to get this offer, I'm just going to have to slowly chip away at the debt with transfers like this.

Just about to lose the most promising of my youngsters. Davison is still only 16 and has been used mainly as a bench cover, filling in when the main LB gets injured or is in bad form. Surprised the club hasn't gone over my head and accepted but I think I have to for the good of the club (and the fact that his agent wants me to accept). £27.5k at least over the next 12mths and the friendly should get more 40-50k more. Wanted a higher percentage of next sale but they kept refusing anything until right at the end so 10% better than nothing. Here's his coaches report, you can see he has some great promise and attributes. Given that we're £419k in debt and it took 5 rounds of negotiation to get this offer, I'm just going to have to slowly chip away at the debt with transfers like this.

I thought it would be okay since I have another 16yo CB who is reasonably dual-footed that I was going to re-train as a LB to cover the whole backline. The moment the first deal was done, they came bidding for the next one. Can't give up the second (although not as good) without a fight. Clearly they've targeted me since I'm in debt and have youngsters with promise for this level.

Rather glad I didn't sign a Defender called Joe Gomez (starts at Charlton) he's just been relegated from the Prem for the third year running - Went down with Forest, then Sunderland the next season and has now just gone down with Cardiff, he also got relegated from the Championship with Charlton before Forest bought him so he's not exactly a good luck charm :D

Just did some statistics to emphasize a "fun" fact about the difficulty of my Hereford game. In the Championship there are 9 players who earn more money than my entire squad combined.

Similar...I've made it to league one. 3 former EPL players were relegated from the championship in the same season I was promoted from League 2. To start the season, I had 4 away matches (3 league and 1 cup). My first home match was against Newcastle (one of the 3 relegated). I took a look at their squad...they have 5 players on £30K/wk ---- 4 of them more than £50K/week. My entire squad weekly wage is < 30K/week!

StNeotsTownFC_Logo.png

2025/26

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season well and was in the playoff spots almost all season. With 5 games to go the team went into 3rd but 4 points from the next 4 games meant the team ended in the playoffs. After beating Carlise 5-4 on agg, lost the final 2-1 to Forest Green due to injuries and suspensions robbing me of 4 starters.

In the cups it was generally a poor showing. In the League cup 1st Rd got thrashed 6-1 by championship Wycombe. In the JPT 1st Rd got beaten 5-1 by Swindon. In the FA cup got past top of league 1 Walsall after a replay only to get beaten 3-0 at home to bottom of league 1 Preston.

The team turned pro at the end of last season and this meant i could sign a lot of extra staff, as a result finances went down a lot although appearing in the playoffs rescued them so the team made a small profit.

The board decided to put in another 2000 seats. This involved moving to nearby Nene park for 10 months.

Due to more staff and increased knowledge, there were a lot of players appearing on the player search screen, this led to a lot of trialling of players. I also trimmed the squad slightly getting of mostly reserve players, Dunn (183 apps,4 goals) was a first teamer who had good attributes but was very disappointing averaging 6.6-6.7 in all 4 seasons.

2 who were signed and came off were Stovring which led to Cartwright (261 apps, 1 goal) leaving and Jessen who did very well when fit.

Masters was the league player of the season with the highest average.

The rest of the squad struggled a bit especially the central midfielders and the strikers in periods.

2026/27

Table | Squad | Transfers

Again started the season well and was in the playoffs until nov when the number of draws caught up with the club and the team lost momentum. The team spent until mar chasing the playoff teams but a run of 3 draws in 7 games in mar made it very hard. The team ended with another 3 draws and 3 wins in the last 6 games to finish 8th.

Ultimately the team drew too many games and most were against teams near the bottom. The team also didn't score enough goals from the chances created in the games in the first half of the season.

In the JPT the team reached the semi-final going down to L1 Wolves on penalties after beating L1 clubs Charlton and Stevenage. In the league cup beat Championship Ipswich 2-1 and then Championship Crystal Palace 4-0 away. In the 3rd rd played Arsenal at home and was well beaten 2-0.

In the FA cup reached the 3rd rd for the first time and faced premiership Sunderland. Drew 3-3 away in the first match before losing the replay 5-4.

In spite of the cup successes finances dropped alarmingly at a rate of 100K a month to end the year with 400K. This was due to an increase in staff levels and the attendances halving from the previous season. The club set several new league 2 lows with the worst 740, the 26 miles to nene park proved insurmountable for the teams fair weather fans :mad:

Let Osman (236 apps, 48 goals) and Aitken (143 apps, 1 goals) go as they were not up to the standard of league 2

The squad looked like it did alright but too often the players put in average performances of 6.6, the defence always seened to have one player making mistakes.

Masters had the 2nd highest league average. Cann also did well setting a new club record for number of goals in a season, although he missed an astonishing number of chances in the year and probably should have got more than 50. Donaldson was brought in as backup but ended as first choice.

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy/JPT   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        12th       2nd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd (FA)    N/A          N/A          None
2017/18        Conference North        17th       3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd (FA)    N/A          N/A          None
2018/19        Conference North        18th       1st Rd       1st Rd (FA)       N/A          N/A          None
2019/20        Conference North        7th        4th Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd (FA)    N/A          N/A          None
2021/21        Conference North        5th        4th Qf Rd    1st Rd  (FA)      N/A          N/A          Promoted
2021/22        Conference              9th        1st Rd       1st Rd  (FA)      N/A          N/A          None
2022/23        Conference              9th        1st Rd       1st Rd  (FA)      N/A          N/A          None
2023/24        Conference              9th        2nd Rd       2nd Rd  (FA)      N/A          N/A          None
2024/25        Conference              3rd        1st Rd       Winners (FA)      N/A          N/A          Promoted, FA trophy Winners
2025/26        League 2                6th        2nd Rd       1st Rd  (JPT)     1st Rd       N/A          None
2026/27        League 2                8th        3rd Rd       Semi-Final (JPT)  3rd Rd       N/A          None

Margate - Vanarama Conference - 2017/18

175px-MargateFC_zpsdb93ba83.png

Squad

Competitions

Table Graph

Transfers Trials

Finances

Board Confidence

Facilities

Key Player Profiles:

GK: Crocombe

RB: Hammond

LB: October

CB: Kanteh Dingwall

CM: Timlin Muldoon

RW: Phipp Galvin

LW: Duggan

AM: Miller

FW: Maguire Sadlier

Loanees:

CB: Pascazio

CM: Kearns (loan ended after torn calf injury in Jan)

FW: Taylor-Crossdale

Awards:

Tom Phipp - Vanarama Conference player of the season.

Season Summary:

After a solid first season in the conference and a further increase in the club's debt, the first step was to take out all those who couldn't take the next step. This meant releasing or selling Tounkara, Moore, Cook, Stone and Pinnock, although the board took over a couple of times anyway, even for free transfers. With four major holes in the team (CB, CM, LW, AMC) and Sadlier getting himself an agent who wanted too much money, the first step was to try and bring back last year's loanees. Taylor-Crossdale came back on loan again, whilst I blew the wage budget a little to get Duggan. With Croasdale wanting too much money, I brought in Kearns on loan to bolster the middle and found Pascazio on loan to sure up the defences. The other main wage blowout was getting Miller from Spurs at the end of last season to replace Moore in that AMC role. The only other transfers in were Galvin and McIntosh as wing cover and later Hull as a LB when my promising young fullback was sold in January.

After a good preseason with a win against Rangers and drawing against my parent club, Peterborough, the season got off to a flyer with 5 wins in the first 6 matches, before heading back to reality and the general up and down nature of the league. The good start meant we were in a playoff spot for nearly the whole first half of the season. During that time we drew Preston (L1) away in the FA Cup 1st rd and managed to scrape a draw to earn a home replay with national TV coverage. Sadly they jumped us and although we stormed home, it was too late, going down 3-4.

In January we lost Kearns to injury and had our first serious sale with 16yo Davison heading to Championship side Portsmouth. It was "only" 29k and a friendly but it helped a little to stem the bleeding, along with the money from the game at Preston. Despite losing Kearns and not replacing him, we picked up form and stayed 5th or 6th until the last month when we managed to kick on a little, securing our playoff spot, before a final drop off to finish 5th.

This meant home and away ties against FC Halifax who had finished 2nd after being in the playoffs spots all season. The home leg started amazingly, with 2 goals in the first 4 minutes and despite changes for both teams, we went into half-time 2-0 up. The break proved to be our undoing though, with Halifax scoring straight away, before levelling on the hour mark and finally taking the lead with ten minutes to go. Despite a late charge, we couldn't draw back level and the 2-3 loss was compounded by Duggan taking a knock, meaning he'd miss the trip to Halifax.

With Halifax sticking to their weird formation (4-1-2-3 Narrow) and will Miller back to full fitness, I went in with a defensive 4-2-3-1 formation and tried to clog up the middle. Despite chances for both teams, it was 0-0 at half time, so I opened the game up and was rewarded with a goal in the 67th min. With the momentum going, we took the overall tie lead in the 81st minute thanks to Galvin who replaced Duggan. Sadly, from the kickoff, they pulled one back and at full time the 1-2 scoreline was enough to send it into extra time. Halifax then scored a vital goal in the 102nd minute and at half time in extra time, I went all out attacking, with near instant results. Miller's 107th min equaliser was enough to send the game into penalties. I used my final sub at the end of the game to bring in Timlin, who was a better penalty taker.

The shootout started with a great save from Crocombe but we couldn't convert with Hammond spraying wide. When Dimaio's pen was saved, we were 1-0 down after two pens each. Both teams then scored two each, leaving Halifax up 3-2 and with a chance to win the shootout. Crocombe was the hero again, saving the shot and we levelled for 3-3. When Crocombe stopped the next pen as well, Miller had the chance to take us into the final but he missed wide. Another pen each, ours being taken by 17y.o. Gray and it was 4-4. Crocombe then pulled off his 4th save of the shootout and this time up stepped Big Bobby Dingwall, our 18yo CB who blasted the ball into the top corner and we were on our way to Wembley with a 3-2 win (5-4 on pens).

With nearly 39,000 watching on, we took on Gateshead in the Conference Playoff Final and there's no one who loves a big game more than our very own two-time Player of the Season, Tom Phipp. With Duggan back, Phipp started in his more natural AMR role, with the same formation kept from the second leg of the semi-final. After the tension of the semi-final, a close final was expected but Gateshead struggled early and once Phipp opened the scoring on 35mins, the floodgates opened. His first came after getting on the end of a great Duggan cross from the opposite wing, whilst his second came after Timlin's long range shot was rebounded right into his path. When Kateh squeezed one home from Duggan's corner in first half injury time, we were in control and heading up. Phipp put the icing on the cake and the match ball in his bag with his 3rd goal in the 77th minute, Duggan again supplying the cross in. What was meant to be a close game ended up being a 4-0 thrashing and a spectacular Margate party.

The money from the match and the subsequent prize money also went a long way to helping us stay afloat as we had gone into May with a balance of -£379k. With the new league, however, comes new stadium requirements, so the board has taken out a 3rd loan to update the stadium. Personally, I just want them to relay the pitch but we don't have that kind of cash.

On a positive note, our average attendance jumped from 389 to 613, although that was helped by the FA Cup tie against Preston and the playoff semi-final. A more realistic average would be somewhere around 550, which is still a good improvement on last season.

Career Overview

Season   Position   League                 Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  2nd      Vanarama South          Promotion, 4th Qual. Rd FA Cup, 4th Rd FA Trophy 
2016/17  8th      Vanarama Conference     1st Rd FA Cup, 1st Rd FA Trophy     
2017/18  5th      Vanarama Conference     Promotion, 1st Rd FA Cup, 3rd Rd FA Trophy

My Profile

My Information

Managed to take the first course last year just after some investment in the club gave it a positive balance. Will need to wait until we're in the black again before asking to go on the next one.

Next Season

On to a next season and we start off with a wage budget that's around 8,000 more than this year, so we should be able to keep the core of the team together and add in some key players, especially in the central midfield area and the defence. Sadly my scouts haven't found many good youngsters this year so the group from last year is going to have to come through. At the moment there are still 3-4 of them who I think will challenge for game time next season, so maybe I have to make sure they get their chances. With Miles backup he's likely to leave, meaning I'll need a backup keeper, especially since Crocombe is now getting caps for New Zealand. It's great for him but it means he's missing some matches for me. Maybe next year I can get people to attend matches and not lose a large chunk each month. We really need a new pitch and better training facilities but we need far greater revenues if we're to make that happen.

Brought in Ashleigh Harris on trial, far better than my current strikers. Tried to sign him but his agent pulled the pin after my 2nd offer. Harris immediately sacked the agent and re-negotiated a contract and signed with me a couple of days later for less than the agent ended talks for. Nice to finally get a win against an agent.

Brought in Ashleigh Harris on trial, far better than my current strikers. Tried to sign him but his agent pulled the pin after my 2nd offer. Harris immediately sacked the agent and re-negotiated a contract and signed with me a couple of days later for less than the agent ended talks for. Nice to finally get a win against an agent.

I always find it rather assuming when you get a news message saying player has signed for a club followed by the news item saying they have fired their agent :)

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2033/34

Last season we won both major trophies, but with an ageing squad a rebuild was the task in hand.

League Table - we were really poor and Man Utd were really good, we even managed to lose 4-1 at home to Leicester in a match which would have sealed the title.

Community Shield - a fairly one sided affair.

UEFA Super Cup - another fairly comfortable win.

FIFA Club World Cup - the usual story.

Capital One Cup - this couldn't have gone any worse.

FA Cup - what a horrible way to lose at Wembley.

UEFA Champions League - a perfect set of results.

Transfers - these transfers were all about making a profit.

Squad - with five players over 30, we need a clear out.

Finances - the board injected £20m as we were in debt, then the prize money came in!

Key Player Profiles:

Iván Gorostidi - what a season!

Tobias Koller - the ever reliable support striker.

Didier Kouakou - irreplaceable.

John Victor - a club legend.

Callum Short - the first youth product who looks capable of making the first team.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted
2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             2nd         Promoted
2022/23   Sky Bet Championship         10th        
2023/24   Sky Bet Championship         1st         Promoted as champions 
2024/25   Barclays Premier League      8th         
2025/26   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League      1st         FA Cup winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

My contract is up at the end of the season, so I'll have a tough decision to make at some point. In the meantime I'll be looking to freshen up the squad with a few new younger players.

Season 8 -- our first in League One, after back-to-back-promotions, was a solid success. After a shaky start (featuring 4 away matches, including a Capital One Cup Match, followed by our first home match against relegated Newcastle), we finally got some momentum and pushed our way from the bottom of the table....and once we left the relegation zone, we never really looked at dropping back in. Instead, we pretty much stayed solidly mid-table, in spite of a December slump which saw us run 9 or so matches without a win (I'll blame injury and the typical match conjestion). However, once we broke out of the slump, we finished the season with a run of 15 matches without a loss (5 wins and 10 draws). If a couple of draws turned into wins, we might have had a playoff spot....but I'm happy about where we ended. I was hoping for a mid-table finish (predicted 24th, with 200-1 odds against winning the title), so finishing 10th, and on a solid run of matches, was a good showing for our first League One campaign.

Still using the 4-1-3-2 formation, and with no wide midfielders of note, I'm happy to stick with it. I need to make some tweaks to it, and pay attention to those tweaks, with a change in personnel....Martyn Thomas being injured for a huge chunk of the season saw me insert new signing David Nicholl (whom I signed as a rotation/youngster option in the preseason) saw a lot more playtime. However, as a target man, I need to pay attention to crossing options whilst he is in the side. Next season I'm going to consider a 4-3-3 formation, if Thomas remains with the side or if I find a replacement and use that in certain matches in order to change things up slightly. Otherwise, the 4-1-3-2 is still solid. We had the 4th or 5th best goals against record, and new goalkeeper Larkins was joint second in clean sheets with 11 --- no problems on that end. Also added to the defence were two new center-backs, who were key to the solidity of the defence---Howe and Hayles, both signed in the preseason. The duo proved to be the best center-back duo of the league, scoring high on the aerial challenge and interception league record sheet, and relegating Marriott and Whiteoak, both leaders in the L2 campaign, to rotation/backup duty. On the goalscoring side of things, Robyn Watson still solid, with 30 goals scored (23 league goals). He was feast or famine however, with runs of 8+ matches without scoring, followed by a goal-scoring glut in which he would pick up 6 or 8 goals in a few matches. Part of the problem might have been the fact that Thomas missed so much time, allowing for little cohesion...coupled with a midfield that ran into injury problems (had 4 off injured over one stretch of time, forcing me to sign emergency midfielder Ruddock --- who played well enough to secure a permanent place on the team in the coming season.

Financially, we are doing about as well as we had the previous year....ending the season with about £500K less in the bank, but that was after spending £725K on new training facilities (a good FA Cup run handing us a bit of a windfall; though less so that the previous year's Chelsea match, it was enough for me to decide to press for another training facility upgrade (which will be finished in December of 2023, and upgrade from our current "basic training facilities". After season ticket sales I suspect we will be between £1.25M and £1.5M in the bank...sufficient for the coming year.

PROMOTION/PLAYOFFS

Not this season --- though we were close on a couple of occasions. Take just 3 of the 10 draws in the final 15 and turn them into wins, and we might be looking at things differently next season.

Cup Competitions

There wasn't much to speak about for the Capital One Cup or the Johnstone's Paint Trophy competitions, losing in our opening match in each...We first lost 4-2 v Mansfield in the Capital One Cup, before succumbing to (eventual L1 champions) MK Dons in a penalty shootout -- after a 1-1 draw -- in the JPT.

That left us with the FA Cup, and it was going to be a tough ask for us to mach our historic 4th round appearance last season. But, a favorable series of matches gave us hope, we just had to perform to get there. First up was against Workington in the Northern Premier Premier Division...with an out-of-form Watson on a run of 8 matches without scoring. I pulled him aside before the match for a bit of encouragement, and let him know I had faith in him. He repaid me by going out and scoring 5 goals in the space of 3o minutes (28th, 34th, 38th, 56th, and 58th minute) in a 5-0 route of one of our early season opponents. That win set us up for a much tougher away match vs Colchester, a team who would achieve the League One playoffs, and who beat us 2-0 in the match leading up to the FA Cup match. Fortune would favor us, however, and an 87th minute centreback Whiteoak goal, off of a corner, saw us through to the 3rd round.

After this victory, I fully expected to win our 3rd round match against relegation bound Tranmere, however, it was Tranmere with the early lead in the match, and it was left late again, with new Striker David Nicholl (subbing for an injured Watson) who grabbed an 83rd minute equalizer and forcing a home replay. The home replay wasn't any more exciting, with midfielder Turl scoring a scorching free kick from 35 yards in the first minute to secure a 1-0 win.

Somehow, we had done it, a second consecutive 4th round draw. This year wasn't as lucrative, however, as we drew home against EPL Norwich, in what was expected to be our final FAC match of the year. A sold out stadium (8200, and our first capacity crowd in history) witnessed a historic 2-1 win, however, it did not come easy. Striker Martyn Thomas sent the crowd into rapture with his 7th minute score...but Norwich equalized less than 2 minutes later to subdue the crowd. Robyn Watson, however, scored the go-ahead goal just shy of the half-hour mark, and from then on Norwich would send everything they could at us to score the equalizer. In the end, Norwich's 33 shots (10 on target) could not break down a stout defense and outstanding goalkeeping display, and King's Lynn were through to their first ever 5th round of the FA Cup!.

Our fifth round drew as away against EPL Swansea --- who were in 6th place in the EPL (1 point ahead of Man C), and was always going to be a tough match. I had hoped to fare better then we had against Chelsea the season prior (a 3-0 loss away), but, in the end, we could only match that result...and, like the previous years' match against Chelsea, kept the match close for the first half, with Swansea holding a slender 1-0 lead. Things got out of hand quickly in the second half, with two early half errors being punished by the alert Swansea players. Left Fullback Vinny Cox didn't help, getting sent off for his second booking in the 68th minute...and while we had a few chances to snatch one back near the end, we couldnt' quit break down the Swansea defense, and ultimately succumbed 3-0 to the Swans. (Swansea would end up getting knocked out in the 6th round to Championship team Blackburn, while going on to finish 6th in the EPL). Blackburn, incidentally, would knock off 3 EPL teams to claim the FA Cup Trophy---besting Aston Villa 1-0 in the final.

Robyn Watson's 5 goals v Workington was not quite enough for him to claim the top goalscorer for the event --- he ended with 6 goals, one behind top goalscorer Kyle Kopp for Walsall.

Additional Details

Team of the Season Watson, of course, led the charge this year. Martyn Thomas, w/ 10 goals+10 assists in an injury shortened year, and season-long loanee Steve Gwinnett also were key.

Best XI Inductees -- After no new inductees last year, the fans decided to vote 4 new members into the overall best XI -- Chris Beech, in his MC/Advanced Playmaker orle was joined by GK Ellis (who was sold in the January transfer window to make room for a youngster with decent current ability and the ability to grow behind Larkins). Fullback Aaron Barnes and Striker Martyn Thomas also were adeed.

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season: Watson, for the third year running, and as a runaway winner, garnering 76% of the vote. Midfielder Beech took 2nd, and newcomer Centre-back Hayles took 3rd w/ 8% of the vote.

Top Academy Graduate

S1: Robin Watson looks to be someone who will be useful in the coming years. Already potential starter material, the coaches figure that he could be useful late into our Varana Conference campaign.

S2: Arran Harding should excite fans for years to come, and he will make an excellent target man. I need to work on his pace a bit to get him ready for real action, but hope to feature him in a season or two!

S3: Robb Lynn --- possibly useful in a year or two. Will have to see if he develops enough...only has Vanarama North potential, and hopefully will be beyond that level soon!

S4: Lee Bolton -- real possibility of using him in the next season or two....my 2nd w/ good conference potential or better

S5: Colin Kean -- injury prone and slow...we'll have to see what we can make of him!

S6: Scott Dunford--pretty average looking, we'll have to see if he develops at all

S7: Seamus Goodchild -- Not starting with the best attributes, but perported to be at least Decent L2 potential

S8: Tommy Bennett -- AM/MC starting with decent physicals --- if he can improve in a couple key technical/mental areas, might be useful.

Team, Individual, and league records

A host of records were set or broken this year: (* denotes ongoing record-bold indicates record broke current season)

[b]Vanarama Conference North+ Vanarama Conference[/b]
Most league games without losing:  King's Lynn -- 48
[b][i]King's Lynn -- Team[/i][/b]
[b]Highest League Position -- 8th in Sky Bet League 1 (2022/23)[/b] (Previous high--2nd in Sky Bet League Two (2021/22)
Most Games won in a Row -- 9 (previous high: 4)
Most Games without Losing -- 29 (Previous high: 9 -- 2019)
[b]Most Games without Winning -- 8, 2022/23[/b]  (Previous high: 6 -- 2016/17)
Most games without conceding -- 5(2020/21) (Previous high: 3 -- 2019/2020)
[b]Highest Attendance -- 8200 (vs Norwich,  FAC 4th round, 2023) [/b]  (previous record:  5232--2019 vs Wigan FAC 1st round)
[b]Highest Gate Receipts -- £211K (vs Norwich, FAC 4th round, 2032)[/b] (previous record: 95.61K --2019 vs Wigan FAC 1st round)
[b]Average Attendance -- 3441 (2022/23)[/b] (previous high, 2335, 2021/22)
[b][i]King's Lynn -- Individual[/i] [/b]
Top Goalscorer -- Robin Watson --41 (2021/22) (previous record, John Lesley van Engel -- 38  (2020/21) 
[b]Most Goals in a match -- Robyn Watson, 5 (Nov 2022, FAC 1st round V Workington)[/b] (Previous record, John Lesley van Engel, 4, Sept 2015 v Gainsborough, VCN)
Top League Goalscorer -- Robin Watson -- 40 (2021/22) (previous record, Robin Watson -- 34--2020/21)
Most Assists -- Kegan Everington -- 22 (2019/20) (previous record, Jackson Ramm, 20  2018/19)
[b]Most League goals for club -- Robin Watson -- 189*[/b] (previous record) Robin Watson (166)
[b]Most League Appearances for club -- Robyn Watson (302*)[/b](previous record, John Lesley van Engel (291)
Highest AvR -- Ryan Cooke (DR) -- 7.55 (2015/16)
Most Player of Match awards -- Robin Watson -- 11 (2020/21) (previous record, John Lesley van Engel -- 10 (2015/16)
[b]Youngest player -- Mike Comfort (Striker), 15y307d[/b] (previous record:  Lewis Hatch (Striker), 16y20d)
Fastest Goal -- Robin Watson -- 38 seconds (25 Jan 2022)  (previous record, Ryan Cooke -- 40 seconds -- 16 April 2016)

Promoted from the Regional Premier Division Teams:

Forest Green, Macclesfield, Harrogate, Solihull Moors, Grays, Eastbourne Boro

League Winners (relegated)

EPL Liverpool (West Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, West Ham)

Championship Brentford (Shrewsbury, Millwall, Barnsley) (might be first time I've seen 3 former EPL teams all relegated from Championship in same season---although it's been a long time since Leeds have been in the EPL)

League One MK Dons (Blackpool, Tranmere, Preston, Torquay) -- Newcastle just avoided back-to-back relegations

League Two Barnet (Gateshead, Port Vale)

Vanarama Conference Barrow (Cheltenham, Alfreton, Nuneaton, Ebbsfleet)

Vanarama North Boston Utd (Ilkeston, Chorley, Hednesford)

Vanarama South Bristol Rovers (Wealdstone, Margate, hayes & Yeading)

Cup Winners

English FA Cup Blackburn (vs Aston Villa) --Championship Blackburn defeated 3 EPL teams to win first FAC since 1928. KING'S Lynn Overachievers--reached 5th round for first time in team history!

Capital One Cup Man City -- Repeat winner

Jonhstone's Paint Trophy Leyton Orient

English FA Trophy Altrincham

Euro Qualifcation

Champions League Group Stage: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea

Champions League Best Placed Playoff: Man City

Euro Cup Group Stage: Blackburn, Swansea

Euro Cup Playoff:

Euro Cup 3rd QR: Sunderland

Euro Cup 1st QR:

Continental Achievements

Liverpool -- Won European Super Cup (Against Napoli)

Man City -- Eliminated from Champions League Group Stage (By Shakhtar)

Liverpool -- Won Club World Championship (against America (Mex))

QPR -- Eliminated from Euro Cup First Knockout Round (by Fiorentina)

Chelsea -- Eliminated from Champions League Semi Final (By Liverpool)

Aston Villa -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Semi Final (by Man City)

Arsenal -- Won Euro Cup (against Man City)

Man City -- Eliminated from Euro Cup (by Arsenal)

Man Utd -- Won Champions League (against Liverpool)

Liverpool -- Eliminated from Champions League Final (by Man Utd)

Extra detail

What's Next?

Very solid first season in League One, and I ended up about where I had hoped to. More signings made this season than any previous season, and, barring a couple of areas I need to ponder, I'm already set for the next season. I think I need a new left fullback, and am considering not resigning injury-prone Martyn Thomas, which means another striker. Other than that, this season's signings will look to provide depth, to cover injuries/cups, and prepare us for the Championship. I hope to challenge for the playoffs next season. The 15-match unbeaten run to end the season is promising---change just 3 of the 10 draws in that sequence to wins, and I'm looking at a playoff berth.

I did make one signing in the January transfer window of note: Our first Championship level PA player in the form of Ian Reilly, signed to shore up the midfield and as a free kick specialist. He put in 16 appearances, scoring 2 and providing an assist, after a good spell of 4 seasons with Bohemians in the Republic of Ireland. He's young, with plenty of potential to grow, and with little injury history to worry about. I'm hoping he will be a key player in the coming season.

The board has approved and started work in new senior training facilities (at a cost of £725K---profits garnered from our FAC run), and should be completed by October---which should help develop players even further.

I've had to turn down a number of job offers, including another historic offer for me. I can't ever remember being offered an international job, excepting a few saves where I was playing a top-tier team! This came from out of nowhere...but was duly turned down. Also had my first tapping to run an EPL team (though, it would've been a championship team, as they'd finished 20th in the EPL!). More than a half dozen teams came after me this season...but I'm firmly entrenched in the management structure of King's Lynn!

Career Overview

Season		Team		League		Position(Predicted)		Achievements
2015/16	Kings Lynn	Vanarama North		19(21)
2016/17	Kings Lynn	Vanarama North		15(19)		
2017/18	Kings Lynn	Vanarama North		12(22)		         Vanarama North Overachievers!
2018/19	Kings Lynn	Vanarama North		1(20)		         Vanarama North Winners/Overachievers!
2019/20	Kings Lynn	Vanarama Conf		5(24)                    Vanarama Conference Playoff finalist/Overachievers!
2020/21	Kings Lynn	Vanarama Conf		2(24)                    Promoted via Playoffs (Overachievers!)
2021/22	Kings Lynn	Sky Bet League 2	7(24)	                 Promoted vie Playoffs (League Two, FA Cup Overachievers)
2022/23	Kings Lynn	Sky Bet League 1	10(24)	                 League One, FA Cup Overachievers

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2033/34

FA Cup - what a horrible way to lose at Wembley.

Ouch...a stoppage time equalizer...and then another go ahead in stoppage time....your team spent too much time celebrating that equalizer!

1st season in League Two. After 19 matches we were in 2nd and comfortably in the automatic promotion slot. Had a two week break from matches, played a friendly in the gap which was a big win. Since then, we're won 5pts from 12 matches, have lost our last six in a row, down to 15th and in freefall. Luckily there are only two relegation spots and Port Vale only has 12pts so far so it's unlikely I'll get relegated. Have tried team meetings, different players and formations and nothing appears to be working.

Marine 2024-25

"Long Season is long"

League - 4th

FA Cup - Runner up

JPT - Winners

League Cup - 2nd Round

Wow what an emotionally involving and long (60+ games) season where our cup success had a big impact on our league form. Leeds where basically unstoppable all year and romped to the league title quite easily. Ourselves, Bolton and Portsmouth battled hard between each other the other automatic place. We were in pole position for the majority of the season, at one point beating our record for most games without conceding, but the extra games thanks to our late season cup run sapped the energy of our few actually good players. We eventually wilted and finished 4th however the main worry was the amount of goals we were now conceding. This was our undoing against Wigan in the play off semi, losing 4-5 on aggregate after blowing a 2 goal lead in the first leg to draw 3-3.

Our Cup run was an entirely different story and to say we rode our luck in the FA cup would be an understatement. Having never gone past the 3rd round before it was a wondrous achievement for me. Beating Villa, and luck filled 1-1 draw at Spurs followed by us thrashing them 4-1 at Rossett Park. Beating Hull and then taking the lead against Liverpool in the final before their class finally showed. It was amazing and really sorted my finances out and enabled us to improve our facilities and boost the scouting range.

JPT win was less inspiring but a useful little earner but possibly contributed to our rough run of form

Key players

Sam Croucher - Him and Godwin swapped top scorer all season, but far to inconsistent in his finishing based on the amount of chances wasted

Precious Godwin - See above

David Shanahan - Another useful forward, excellent athlete but not really prolific enough but provided competition to the above two and chipped in with enough goals

Kevin Jones - Top rating of our defenders. Got a fair few goals and POM's but too many mistakes by the back 3 later on cost us promotion

Matty Joyce - Versatile wingback/midfielder, played well when played but injuries and his versatility went against him

Plans from last season

Playoff SUCCESS

Strengthen squad SUCCESS

Plans for next season

Promotion

History

Season    Level   League      FA Cup     FA Trophy   JPT      League Cup          Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    VCN     19th       2nd Qual   3rd Qual
2016/17    VCN      9th       2nd Qual   1st Round
2017/18    VCN     15th       1st Round  3rd Qual
2018/19    VCN      3rd       3rd Qual   2nd Round
2019/20    VCN      1st       1st Round  1st Round
2020/21    NAT      1st       1st Round  Semi Final
2021/22    L2       1st       1st Round  N/A        1st Round 1st Round
2022/23    L1       10th      2nd Round  N/A        Semi      1st Round
2023/24    L1       7th       3rd Round  N/A        1st Round 2nd Round
2024/25    L1       4th       Runner Up  N/A        Winner    2nd Round    Lost in playoff semi

Margate - League Two - 2018/19

175px-MargateFC_zpsdb93ba83.png

Squad

Competitions

Table Graph

Transfers Trials

Finances

Board Confidence

Facilities

Key Player Profiles:

GK: Crocombe

Still first choice but he's close to reaching his peak and League One is probably his limit. Back-up Walton is a couple of years younger and has more potential so might slowly start to take over next season.

RB: Hammond

Never seems to play as well as he should and hasn't improved as he should. Still clearly my best RB and can improve more but maybe being held back by the poor training facilities

LB: Smith-Brown

New LB brought in to improve on October and he has done a solid job. Bonus of being capable of playing fullback and wingback on both sides if need be.

CB: Kanteh

CB: Latham

CB: Dingwall

Used a three CB rotation throughout the season. All of them are around the same level and performed around the same level. Dingwall is the youngest and has the most potential so I will try to favour him more next season. One may have to go in order to give young Gray some more game time next year.

CM: Linganzi

CM: Gomis

Both new additions to what was a poor central midfield. Linganzi came in at the start of the season and had some injury issues. Gomis was brought into the team in January and when they finally got to start together in late Feb, the team really picked up. Both are defensively minded central mids, something which I really needed.

RW: Phipp

Still my first choice RW and fans favourite player. Has reached his maximum now and I worry that L1 will be too much for him. Can't afford to let him go though, since the fans love him too much. Need to keep him on next year and bring in a better RW to take over and slowly phase Phipp out

LW: Duggan

Clearly the star of the season, winning the award for best player in League Two and dominating with 13 goals and 25 assists. Really needs a reliable back up in case he gets injured. Will still be first choice next year if I can convince him to stay.

AM: Miller

Solid season and came through when it mattered most. Missed matches when the team went without an AM at times but has retrained as a striker so he can still come off the bench and impact games when the formation doesn't suit him.

FW: Nuttall

FW: Harris

Whole new starting strike force this season, Harris was very good early and Nuttall improved as the season went on. Nuttall is certainly first choice now and hopefully Harris comes back from injury well.

Loanees:

AM: Blackmore

Was brought in as cover for Miller but performed very well when called upon and was very good late in the season. He supported Peterborough growing up and has come through the academy there so there's no chance he'll want to come here full time. Looks to be quite the talent but needs defensive support behind him.

Awards:

Duggan - League Two Player of the Season

Season Summary:

Preseason started poorly with my assistant not winning any matches at all. Took over the final preseason game and won it, so at least we had some momentum coming into the first match of League Two. Being a new team and often underestimated, we started well and after two months we were 7-2-2 and in an automatic promotion slot. During this time we also beat MK Dons in the League Cup before nearly upsetting Sunderland in the 2nd Rd, eventually going down 8-9 on penalties, having drawn 1-1 AET. Early losses in the JPT and FA Cup were disappointing but we maintained our high position through to middle of December with a 11-5-3 record and second spot on the table.

With an early exit out of all cup action, we could focus all of our attention to the league, which turned out to be an awful thing. From the middle of Dec to the middle of Feb, we would win just one match and draw two more. Sadly this run gave us a new record, with six losses in a row. The drop from second to fifteenth was devastating, however, due to the close fought nature of the league, at rock bottom we were only 11 points off the automatic promotion and 10 points from a playoff spot with 15 matches still to come. Linganzi was really the only major injury during this run but his return, along with my post earlier on this page that allowed me to get the frustration out and stop yelling at the players.

All we needed now was to stop the rot and get our form going again. A home game against 22nd placed Oxford was just the tonic and we managed to scrape a 1-0 win and regain some confidence. Wins against other low end teams over the next month had us back in with a shout of a playoff spot and with two matches to come we were in 8th and whilst an automatic spot was out of reach, the playoffs certainly weren't. Our final home game against AFC Wimbledon was perhaps the most frustrating and emotional of the year. Down 0-1 after 5mins we could not find a way through their defence until late substitutions turned the game. Galvin came and Smith came on in the 85th minute, Galvin scored in the 87th and Smith won the game two minutes into injury time. This game mirrored our late season revival and push us into 4th with one game to come.

Our final game at Scunthorpe saw us go in without a recognised striker with Harris and Nutall both out injured but Duggan was the difference, setting up goals for Gomis and Latham in a hard fought 2-1 win that secured 4th spot and the top seed in the playoffs.

The playoff semi-final drew us against Wycombe and we couldn't have asked for a better start with Duggan scoring early and Blackmore doubling the lead on half time. When Phipp scored straight after the break, we were 3-0 up and cruising. Wycombe hit back with a two goals in ten minutes but Blackmore's 2nd goal sealed the first leg 4-2. We welcomed back Nuttall for the return leg at home with Blackmore staying in the team after his great first leg performance. He repaid the faith straight away, scoring in the 3rd minute to give us a 1-0 lead at half time (5-2 overall). Wycombe pressed hard, with goals in the 57th and 84th minute to bring the game back to 1-2, (5-4 on agg) but we held on and were once again on the road to Wembley, this time against Cambridge.

Another trip to Wembley and this time we managed to pass 50k in attendance. With only Harris out injured, the main selection questions were which two CB to start and Miller or Blackmore in the AMC slot. In the end I left Kanteh and Blackmore on the bench and put my faith in Miller. That faith was rewarded inside 3 minutes when Miller capped a great Margate move, getting on the end of Duggan's little through ball and putting us 1-0 up. Cambridge hit straight back, slicing through the centre of our defence on 7 minutes and levelling at 1-1. Margate were not to be denied though and when Nuttall squared the ball to the top of the arc, MIller was there to crack it home from 20 yards. Margate 2-1 at half time.

Despite a booking to out keeper, Crocombe, on 56 minutes, it stayed 2-1 and Cambridge shortly after made their final sub. When their RB Reid went down injured after 78mins, they were down to 10 and we looked home. Cambridge could only manage one more shot for the match, Crocombe easily saving it and after 4 tense injury time minutes, Margate had held on to a 2-1 win and promotion to League One.

This was a huge victory not only on the pitch but off it as well. This had been the first season when the board didn't invest any money into the club and we came into May with a £630k deficit. The money from the playoff semi-final and final as well as the League Two prize money was enough to get us back to around even with a £620k profit for May. Whilst we were temporarily in the black, I was able to convince the board to hire one more staff member, so now I'll be able to hire a fitness coach to go with my GK coach and 3 main staff members.

The board has taken out a 4th loan to get the stadium up to League One standard, although it still won't come close to be acceptable. I can't blame the board for not putting more in as our crowd numbers are still a big issue. Our average attendance was 1,222 which is over 500 below the next worst and 1/10th the highest attendance. It is, however, nearly double last year's average attendance so we are at least headed in the right direction crowd wise. Still nowhere near selling out the 3,700 capacity stadium which is sure to be the worst in the football leagues.

Career Overview

Season   Position   League                 Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  2nd      Vanarama South          Promotion, 4th Qual. Rd FA Cup, 4th Rd FA Trophy 
2016/17  8th      Vanarama Conference     1st Rd FA Cup, 1st Rd FA Trophy     
2017/18  5th      Vanarama Conference     Promotion, 1st Rd FA Cup, 3rd Rd FA Trophy
2018/19  4th      League Two              Promotion, 1st Rd FA Cup, 2nd Rd League Cup, 2nd Rd JPT

My Profile

My Information

Next Season

There are probably only 4-5 players that I feel confident about taking the next step with and a whole host that were decent-good for League Two but that ideally I'd like to upgrade this coming year. The major problem is that I have to make that decision now, before the new season is officially listed and the board gives me a better idea of what I can spend in the coming year. One of the biggest concerns is going to be with Phipp who comes out of contract next month. I can't afford to let him go due to the fact that he was still performing reasonably and the fact that the fans absolutely adore him but he's going to want quite a lot of money (currently 3rd top earner) as will his agent and if I want to progress, I'm going to need someone better to take him position shortly.

When I won promotion from Conf Sth -> Conf and from Conf -> L2, the budget was adjusted upwards at the start of the new season (25th June or thereabouts). This time going from L2 -> L1 there has been no change to the budget at all, although every player certainly wants more money now. Is this normal in the game, dependent on FFP expectations or a possible bug? It basically means I can't improve the squad as the money saved from letting the deadwood leave is about the same as the pay rises of players still at the club.

I've been playing as Blyth for five seasons and I'm still stuck in Conf. North. Currently bottom of the table in my 6th season. The players are in full mutiny. My best player and last season's leading goalscorer for the whole league is out for 3 months with a broken ankle suffered in pre-season.

It's very difficult to sign players as Blyth since players are not willing to relocate for such small wages. This means I'm stuck basically signing rejects from Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesborough or Gateshead. Everyone else is not interested.

I'm going to start again with a London based club or something I think but I feel like a quitter giving up on Blyth. Has anyone got any tips for managing Blyth or tips in general for this challenge?

When I won promotion from Conf Sth -> Conf and from Conf -> L2, the budget was adjusted upwards at the start of the new season (25th June or thereabouts). This time going from L2 -> L1 there has been no change to the budget at all, although every player certainly wants more money now. Is this normal in the game, dependent on FFP expectations or a possible bug? It basically means I can't improve the squad as the money saved from letting the deadwood leave is about the same as the pay rises of players still at the club.

Whats the finanical status of the club? There isn't much difference moneywise between League 2 and League 1 so the club might not have the money to offer more, though there are some mumours in GD about a bug with your budgets if you gain promotion via the playoffs.

When I was in our situation I turned to the loan market to get some players for free, you can also try adjusting your budget split from the board screen I seem to remember doing that at one point seemed to kick the game into readjusting what wages I could offer. The other thing I take advantage of in this version are the various extension clauses - other players one year extension after 5 games/avoid relagation/on promotion is a cheap way to get an extra year out of your players without having to increase their wage elsewhere (players will remove the clause if they are unhappy with other terms of the contract, but just add it back in and if they are happy with the rest of the terms they'll accept the extension clause - the only issue is if you select the relegation/promotion one it will only activate after all games have been played including playoffs regardless of when you actually survive or go up, also not sure if other teams can poach your players who have one of these clauses?)

FC United – Premier League 2023/24 – Season 9

So after somehow finishing fifth in our debut Premier League season (and winning the League Cup) the boards expectations this season were for a mid-table finish (which I still have no idea what that actually entails?), the bookies didn't give us much of a chance but it was a massive improvement on last seasons odds, with the media predicting a 12th place finish.

Season Preview - Despite staying up last season Bournemouth weren't given a chance by the bookies, whilst City were busy spending money with their top two transfers entering the list of Leading Transfers, though the biggest transfer in the game so far was the £64m City paid for a French Winger a couple of seasons ago, PSG have the next three top transfers, with City having seven in total, Utd have five (including a £41m Lukaku), Real Madrid and PSG both have three in the list, Barcelona and Chelsea have two, whilst Arsenal, Spurs (!) and Monaco all have one, whilst both Roma and Spurs have the most sales on the list with three each.

Richlist - We climb from 97th to 24th as English sides dominate the list, whilst Wigan on their because they had a tycoon takeover a few years back though he has now withdrawn his backing so they are likely to drop down.

Rankings - We finally enter the Coefficient Rankings in 71st which is already better than Celtic :)

Reputation - Our reputation leaps upto four stars and Continental, though it's still worse than Stoke and Burnley.

Transfers - Busy season as money was spend bringing in several quality 18 year olds most of whom would become Wonderkids during the season whilst in Jan I brought in some quality first teamers on the cheap. Saleswise I got rid of several squad players who weren't good enough and then made what could have been a risky choice on deadline day as I accepted bids for Defenders Cristofari and Thornton - Christofari's contract was up at the end of the season and wasn't likely to be renewed, and whilst Thornton played well he wasn't rated by my staff and was likely to be phased out over the next season or so, which meant I couldn't really turn down a record bid worth upto £10m, wierdly enough neither of these players actually played that much for their new teams. In Jan I sold off more players who just weren't good enough any more, it was a shame to see Henderson leave but his contract was up and he was wanting a bumper new deal, I also let Brasnic go out on loan as he wanted first team football and noone was willing to pay for him.

League Cup - Our defence of the League Cup didn't go well, we narrowly beat League One Luton in the Third Round, then needed Extra-Time to beat Championship Bradford though to be fair we did spend nearly the entire game with 10 men after my Centre-Back got sent off after just 10 minutes, before crashing out in the Quarter Final to Fulham after we just didn't turn up.

FA Cup - Was even worse as we needed a replay to beat Championship side Rotherham, before beating Spurs 4-0 though we did score two of those goals in injury time to make the tie look easier than it was but on the other hand we had a DC sent off after 30mins and suffered three injuries. We then suffered an embrassing defeat to Championship struggles Reading in the Fifth Round.

Europa League - Despite entering the rankings we were still third seeds but were rewarded with what should have been an easy group as we faced French Side Bordeaux who made it to the UCL Quarter Finals in their only appearance so far, whilst in six Europa League campaigns they'd made it through the group stage each year with a Semi-Final place last season being their best performance, rather interestingly they were knocked out by Arsenal in the last two seasons. Second seeds were Belgians Standard who've had five attempts atn the UCL but have only made the Group Stage once in 2021 finishing third, whilst in the Europa League they have made it out of the group stage for the last three years in a row but never made it past the First Knockout Round. The Final team in the Group were Ukrainian side Karpaty who had made it to the Group Stage for only the second time in seven attempts and had actually lost in the Playoff Round to Bordeaux in the First Season.

Europa League Group - We made a right mess of this. We opened up with the long trip to Ukraine where a second string came from behind twice to claim a 2-2 draw, in Game Two we entertained Bordeaux and a stronger side claimed a 2-1 win to put us top of the group.

Next up was the double header against Standard and our woeful away form in Europe continued as we somehow lost the game in Belgium due to a freak goal - as a cross found its way into our goal, the Home game didn't go much better as despite controlling the game we could only draw after former Standard player Risvanis got himself sent off giving away a silly penalty.

Though things were about to get much worse as despite fielding a strong side and dominating the game we somehow managed to lose at home to Karpaty leaving us bottom of the group, however the makeup of the group would save us - Bordeaux were top with eight points, Karpaty and Standard both had six points whilst we had five, but with us playing Bordeaux a win in France would see us through regardless of what happened in the other game, of course that just meant we had to win away against the strongest side in the group and so far we'd failed to win one of our six away games so far in Europe. However a performance inspired by fit again Mexican Wonderkid Manso saw us dominate Bordeaux and more importantly win the game to somehow send us through to the Knockout Round.

In the Knockout Round it looked like our luck in Europe had started to turn as we drew Czech side Sparta Prague, who'd made it to the UCL Group stage on three occasions and had made it to this stage in the Europa League twice before once winning once losing and had entered the Europa League this season after dropping down from the Champions League where weirdly they'd beaten Galatasaray in the UCL Qualifiers and then drew them in the Europa League Group Stage.

With the First Leg at home we put ourselves in a commanding position with a 5-2 win though hopefully conceeding two away goals would prove costly. In the Second Leg we quickly put away any thoughts of losing on away goals as we scored two early goals on the way to a solid 4-2 win though again we conceeded two soft goals on the plus side we'd now won two away games in a row :)

In the Second Knockout Round luck was again on our side as we drew Austrian side Red Bull who'd somehow knocked Paris out on away goals in the last round. Red Bull were another side who'd dropped out of the Champions League though they'd finished third in a group ahead of PSV and despite being in the Champions League every season so far they'd only made it past the group stage once but on the other hand had only failed to make the group stage once, whilst in the Europa League this was the first time in five attempts they'd got this far.

With the First Leg at home we again dominate the match but again struggled to score but this time an early goal from Scottish Left Winger Walker was enough to win 1-0. Whilst the Second Leg went pretty much exactly the same though this time a late goal from my Czech Right Winger Masek was enough to win the game for our third straight away win. We were also now the last English side left in the Europa League after Watford lost to Schalke and Spurs lost to Benfica.

In the Quarter Final we were drawn with Italian Giants Roma who'd been knocked out of the Champions League Qualifers by Arsenal and interestingly the only time they'd made it past the UCL Group stage was in the first season where they were beaten by Chelsea, whilst their bad luck against English sides continued in the Europa League, as Arsenal had knocked them out in the Semi-Final a couple of seasons ago, whilst in the second season they'd lost the final to Spurs and the following season had been knocked out by Everton.

With the First Leg in Rome things didn't go that well, we got off to a good start as Brazilian Wonderkid Jefferson scored his first and sofar only goal for the club, but a goal just before half-time and a late winner gave Roma a slight advantage however we did have an important away goal. The Second Leg was another closely fought game however we defended well this time with my left back winning man of the match and goals mid-way through each half we enough to send us through.

The Semi-Final drew us against Spanish side Sevilla who'd knocked us out last season and like ourselves hadn't made it this far before, they were also having a bit of a bad run against English sides, Chelsea knocked them out of the Champions League last time they were in it, whilst Arsenal and Spurs have both knocked them out of the Europa League in the past.

With the First Leg at home we didn't give Sevilla a chance to get settled and were 2-0 up within 10 minutes as we got revenage for last season as we didn't even let them get a shot on target and added a third in the second half to put us in pole position for the second leg.

In the Second Leg we controlled the first half and a goal from Manzo left Sevilla needing five goals, though giving away two late goals made the last 10 minutes of the game more tense then they needed to, but we held on to book our place in the Final in the exotice location of Scotland.

In the Final we'd face German side Schalke (or Gelsenkirchen as the game refers to them) who'd dropped out of the Champions League after finishing third in their group, with their best UCL run coming a few years ago where they lost the Quarter Final to Liverpool, and they hadn't faired much better against English sides in the Europa League losing in the Semi-Final to Utd last season, before that losing to Liverpool in another Quarter Final and somewhat wierdly the season before lost to Barcelona in the Second Knockout Round and before that lost to Bordeaux in the First Knockout Round so if history is anything to go by they should lose the final to us this season...

In the Final we were slight favourites and took the lead after just six minutes when Draxler (who is somehow still their) took out Manzo in the box, and whilst Walker missed the penalty in front of his countrymen, a Schalke defender could only bundle the ball into his own net when tackling Manzo who was about to tap the ball into the empty net, and not long after Walker made amends as we hit Schalke on the break Right Winger Masek floated a ball into the box that was flicked on by Manzo into the path of Walker who volleyed home to give us a 2-0 lead, though wierdly the assist was created to Masek not Manzo even though the report mentions Manzo headed the ball on, which was harsh on Manzo as he was robbed of both a goal and an assist, though he wasn't too disappointed as we held on to win the Europa League :cool: to make it three cup wins in three years.

[video=youtube_share;HMXCHZ4HFp8]

Which should also secure ourselves a place in the Champions League next season...

Premier League - An excellent season as we managed to hang onto fourth place this season to hopefully secure another way into the Champions League if the Europa Win didn't work. We were never in a title race as Utd again walked the league (ironicly using a 3-5-2 formation) only dropping points at the end to make it look closer than it was, whilst Arsenal spent nearly the entire season stranded in second place miles below Utd but miles ahead of the rest of us.

We didn't get off to the best of starts as I had pretty an entire side made up of 18 year old new signings who had to gel, settle and learn English, whilst defeats to Arsenal and Utd in our opening five games aswell as several injuries didn't help, however a couple of tweaks to my formation and with players returning from injury we picked up some form going into November and found ourselves rising up the league until we reached the top four along the way beating Man Utd 3-1 at home to end their 20 game unbeaten run, we started the game well but things looked to go wrong as defender Maguire was sent off but that spured us on and minutes later took the lead through Manzo, then Utd were reduced to 10 men and they finally turned up with Januzaj looking to have rescued a point after the hour, however at the end of the game Winger Beaglehole scored his second goal in a week (and for the season) before my right back found himself with a tap in to score a famous win, we also had a wierd 3-3 draw at Stoke where when one side scored the another would equalise straight away, whilst either side of the Roma game my second string thrashed Spurs 7-1, and it was a good thing I fielded a weakened side as they injured three of my players.

The fight for a top four finish would be a nervy thing as after the Spurs game our last five games were against City (7th), Liverpool (5th), Chelsea (3rd), Watford (6th) and Wigan (7th) - with us fourth one point behind Chelsea, 10 clear of Liverpool and 14 clear of City who had three games in hand on us all, we didn't do ourselves any favours with heavy 3-0 defeats away to both City and Liverpool, though the Liverpool defeat was due to yet another dodgy red card decision, however my second string did me proud thrashing Chelsea 4-0 either side of the Sevilla game, it was also somewhat unfair that we had to play Sevilla on the Thursday and then play Chelsea at Saturday lunchtime all because they had a Champions League game on the tuesday, thankfully both games were at home, we then followed that with a lucky win against Watford thanks to an own goal and a later goal.

So with one game left we were still in fourth place one point behind Chelsea and one point ahead of City, and just to make things more interesting we had the Europa League Final on the Wednesday after the Final day and a week later Chelsea would face City in the Champions League Final so I had no idea what we needed to do to qualify for the Champions League? In the final day Chelsea were home to bottom side West Ham, City entertained second bottom Cardiff whilst we were away to a Wigan side who beat us 5-0 on the last day last season, though last season I did field the kids, this time mindfull of the upcoming Final I fielded a stronger second side and they did me proud winning 3-0 thanks to a brace from Winger Beaglehole and a first goal from promising midfielder Francis, though of course both Chelsea and City won 4-0 leaving us in fourth place.

Even after we'd won the Europa League the game made us wait until after the Champions League Final which was won by Chelsea to confirm winning the Europa League had secured ourselves a place in the Champions League Group Stage - I have no idea what would have happened if City won the Champions League, would they become the Fifth English side in the Champions League or would they take mine or Chelseas place? And just to add to the wierdness all four of us will go straight into the Group Stage.

Squad and Overview

Commanding Keeper Sam Johnstone proved to be an excellent purchase as he kept an impressive 16 clean sheets in the League to be awarded the Golden Glove and was slightly disappointingly the only one of my players to be named in the Team of the Year - I've been after him for a few years, tried to get him when Utd released him but he choice Preston, then tried to get him last season but Forest were wanting silly money for him, however with them struggling in the Championship I was able to get him for a bargain £5m.

At Right Back was Czech Attacking Full Back Kiri Prochazka who was signed last season but loaned back to Prague and was thrown in at the deep end this season due to a lack of options but had an excellent season, whilst down the left was Argentine Wonderkid Ricardo Lattes who had an excellent season settling straight in and was one of the reasons I was happy to let Cristofari go, though for some reason the fans seem to thing the £3m I paid for him was too much.

In the Centre of Defence Croatian Franjo Jokic made a slow start and made me think selling Thornton was a mistake however he improved as the season went on, though I did bolster my defence with the singing of Strong Mexican Hector Yacir Samario from Arsenal for a bargin £5.5m who added some extra quality to my defence, not sure why Arsenal were willing to let him go cheap, providing cover was my new Captain Spyros Risvanis who had a fine season and was a little unlucky to be reduced to a backup role, I also loaned in Strong Centre-Back Harry Maguire to provide some experienced cover and he proved to be an excellent short-term option.

For Defensive Midfield I snapped up Brazilian Wonderkid Jefferson to play the Regista role however he didn't have the greatest of seasons but is still young, providing cover was Promising English youngster Shola Ameobi who did well when called upon.

In Midfield Mexican Wonderkid Ricardo Manzo had another excellent season though he did start slow before being ruled out for six weeks with a sprained ankle but after returning from injury he was in fine form, partnering him was another Mexican Wonderkid Isidro Campos who struggled a bit as he is still raw though missing most of the second half of the season through injury didn't help him with him only returning to full fitness in time to make the bench in the Europa League Final. To take the pressure off Campos I robbed Tenacious Defensive Midfielder Jordan Rossiter from Forest for £3.8m to add some quality and experience to my midfield he also has the advantage of being able to play in any of the three Midfielder roles I have. Providing further cover were two Serbians Velizar Petrovic did well when called upon and I have a tough choice as to whether to renew his contract or sell him next season as he's not going to improve and is likely to get in the way of some of my promising youngsters including Dusko Berar who ended the season in good form.

On the Wings were more new signings with Czech Jan Masek deployed down the right, he was given a chance at the start of the season due to injuries and had an excellent debut season as he proved to be fairly deadly in front of goal (bit of a shame that he is about my only new signing who didn't become a Wonderkid). Down the Left Was Scot Colin Walker who was eventually signed after a succesful season on loan last season and had an excellent season and even became a Wonderkid by the end he was also named Players' Young Player of the Year and was even in the running for the European Golden Boy Award. Providing cover down the Right was German Sebastian Barth who is a useful player, and down the Left was Alex Beaglehole who again struggled to make an impact though again missing three months of the season through injury didn't help.

Upfront Rui Pedro lead the line well again and whilst he isn't much of a goal threat is pretty much involved in most of my goals mainly as the assister to the assister, rotating with him was my Belgium Wonderkid Jean-Charles Dufour who I spent a club record £11m on and had a fantastic season becoming only the fourth player after Drew, Croskery and Pedro to score 20 goals in a season for me.

Fans Player Year - Surprisingly goes to Lattes which is a nice turn around considering the fans weren't happy with his initial signing.

Best XI - About right apart from the midfielders being in the wrong places and neither of my DMs gettings selected.

Academy - My Academy produced a couple of players of note this season the best being Welsh Centre-Back Alex Morris, though his poor jumping ability means I'm retraining him into a right back, and the other guy with a Good Prem Potential was Ian Simpson who can play down either Wing or upfront.

Finances - Weren't greate this season as we were in the red until we got the end of season prize money through, though this is largely due to the £37m I spent on transfers this season with most of this seasons fees being upfront we aren't likely to spend like that for a while.

Shirt Sales - Bit of a surprise to see Rui Pedro sell the most shirts, though my new signings were largely low profile signings.

Upgrades - Finally got the board to spend some money upgrading our training facilities, we also got our youth category bumped upto level 2.

Expansion - The board also agreed to add ~50% more seats to our ground, though they have closed the west stand which doesn't appear to be the already empty stand I have so it now seems for the start of next season we are down to just two stands :confused:

Profile - I finally reach World Class Reputation and gain the Continental A License, I was also named Manager of the Year for the fourth time.

Homegrown Status

(15-21 excluding yth academy players)

Club Grown: 4

Nation Grown: 11

Club Due: 25

Nationalities

(excluding yth academy players)

13 ENG

5 SRB

4 CRO

3 MEX, WAL

2 CZE, GER, POR

1 ARG, BEL, BRA, CAN, FIN, GRE, IRL, LTU, NOR, SCO, SWE

Goals for next season

Hopefully enjoy our debut in the Champions League with again the safety net of going straight into the Group Stage, League wise just try and finish in the top four again, possibly make a title run though that depends on whether Utd continue to walk over everyone or not.

Transferswise the main thing is to keep hold of my exisitng players - Manzo and Walker have just been given bumper new contracts as their values were getting close to their release clauses, I also have the likes of Utd and Real poking around my players, signings I could do with an extra Centre Back and possibly another Full-Back to provide cover, otherwise it's sending my scouts out to see if we can find any promising English Players, though hopefully with my Youth Facilities nearly maxed out we can start producing some quality players of our own.

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

(points / position)

Single Game: 5,259,317 (37,535)

Single Season: 1,617,187 (65,809)

Single Season in England: 1,617,187 (37,715)

Single Season Premier League: 901,656 (84,222)

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_MsoTableLi ghtShading cms_table_m, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15/16[/TD]

[TD]Conference North[/TD]

[TD]7th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]13,793 / 13,793[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]Conference North[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Winners - Promoted!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]427,741 / 441,534[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17/18[/TD]

[TD]Conference[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]617,814 / 1,059,348[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18/19[/TD]

[TD]League Two[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]Playoff Winners - Promoted!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]61,136 / 1,120,484[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19/20[/TD]

[TD]League One[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]758,596 / 1,879,080[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20/21[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]17th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]117,333 / 1,996,413[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]21/22[/TD]

[TD]Championship[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Winners - Promoted + FA Cup Winners!!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]1,617,187 / 3,613,600[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]22/23[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]League Cup Winners!!![/TD]

[TD]Europa League 1st Knockout Roud[/TD]

[TD]744,061 / 4,357,661[/TD]

[TD]0 (-)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]23/24[/TD]

[TD]Premier League[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]Europa League Winners!!![/TD]

[TD]901,656 / 5,259,317[/TD]

[TD]31.159 (71st)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Canvey Island - Barclays Premier League - 2035/36

With a firm grip on the major trophies, the challenge was to start rebuilding the squad s we could continue this into the future.

League Table - we spent most of the season behind Arsenal, before they fell apart.

Community Shield - a nice way to kick off the season.

UEFA Super Cup - another decent super cup win.

FIFA Club World Cup - this one was a bit closer than usual.

Capital One Cup - I went with the fringe players, but they came up short in the semi final.

FA Cup - for the second year running we lost to a late goal at Wembley.

UEFA Champions League - things were looking great until we got dismantled at the Bernabéu.

Transfers - a number of younger players were brought in to replace older ones, at a huge profit.

Squad - we still have a number of older players who will need replacing.

Finances - loaded.

Key Player Profiles:

Iván Gorostidi - tore a hamstring and missed 3 months, hopefully he can recover.

Park Min-Ho - he had a resurgence after the sale of Koller.

Didier Kouakou - 33, but still amazing.

Dimitri Guilbert - starting to look like our best AMC.

Pedro Cruz - a decent looking young winger.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted
2021/22   Sky Bet League 1             2nd         Promoted
2022/23   Sky Bet Championship         10th        
2023/24   Sky Bet Championship         1st         Promoted as champions 
2024/25   Barclays Premier League      8th         
2025/26   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League      1st         FA Cup winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League      1st         League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC, League Cup and Champions League winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League      1st         CWC winners and FA Cup finalists

Next Season

The consortium pulled out of the takeover, so hopefully that will mean I am free to make some transfers over the summer. Hopefully I can replace a few of the older players.

Whats the finanical status of the club? There isn't much difference moneywise between League 2 and League 1 so the club might not have the money to offer more, though there are some mumours in GD about a bug with your budgets if you gain promotion via the playoffs.

When I was in our situation I turned to the loan market to get some players for free, you can also try adjusting your budget split from the board screen I seem to remember doing that at one point seemed to kick the game into readjusting what wages I could offer. The other thing I take advantage of in this version are the various extension clauses - other players one year extension after 5 games/avoid relagation/on promotion is a cheap way to get an extra year out of your players without having to increase their wage elsewhere (players will remove the clause if they are unhappy with other terms of the contract, but just add it back in and if they are happy with the rest of the terms they'll accept the extension clause - the only issue is if you select the relegation/promotion one it will only activate after all games have been played including playoffs regardless of when you actually survive or go up, also not sure if other teams can poach your players who have one of these clauses?)

Thanks for that. Financial status has been on insecure since I took over the club, we were about even on the balance sheet when the new season kicked over. Turned out not to matter as someone offered good money (on a relative scale) for one of my kids and that's allowed me to get some transfer budget and convert that into wages and consequently bring in a better first choice defender. Have used the loan market to being in a couple of players for depth and am otherwise trying to play those in the 18-19yo bracket whenever my main players need a rest or get injured. The idea of the contract extension is a good one if I can see those players being good enough for 2 years. It's one of the areas I'm finding most difficult to balance, getting the right length of contract to minimise waste from both agent fees (having to offer new contracts) and unneeded players still on contract.

Dulwich Hamlet - Barclays Premier League - 2030/31

League - the blame is on me for trying to change tactics. Terrible decision.

Community Shield - our third presence and we still haven't won this.

FA Cup - what a thrashing.

Capital One Cup - Everton seem to enjoy knocking us out.

UEFA Champions League - we made it out of a difficult group but then Real Madrid were too strong for us.

Squad - the first choices are good, we have to work on rotation players.

Transfers - the arrival of a tycoon owner meant we have a lot to spend.

Finances - not a worry while the tycoon is here.

Career overview

Season    Division                    Position   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South   6th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South   8th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South   16th
2018/19   Vanarama Conference South   7th
2019/20   Vanarama Conference South   1st        Promotion
2020/21   Vanarama Conference         12th
2021/22   Vanarama Conference         5th        Promotion via play-off
2022/23   Sky Bet League 2            4th
2023/24   Sky Bet League 2            2nd        Promotion
2024/25   Sky Bet League 1            2nd        Promotion
2025/26   Sky Bet Championship        1st        Promotion
2026/27   Barclays Premier League     6th
2027/28   Barclays Premier League     6th        League Cup winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League     3rd        FA Cup winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League     3rd        FA Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League     10th

Next season

Let's see if we can have more stability and get back on track.

Archived