Start a long career in Beta or wait until the release to start?

I'm wanting to start a long career and starting with either Gateshead or possibly starting unemployed and look for a position around Europe and start from the bottom and build myself up.

Thing I'm not sure about is of I should start the career while the game is in Beta mode and then carry the save into the final release or would it be better to wait until the final release and start off the career with the latest build as no doubt there will be a patch avia label on the day of release?

Im trying out different teams, Different leagues atm? If I happen to fall into A save and really enjoy I will carry it on,

Saying that I started a game with Oviedo the other day and really getting into them so might carry that on to the full version.

I was thinking of messing with a few leagues and do a bit of scouting for staff (I say staff I mean A coach) so I was ready to hit the ground running when I start on the 7th. I dont think the game is that buggy but I don't want allot of high scoring games that wouldnt usually occur when the game is released on the 7th.

I'm really struggling with decision atm as well. I don't think there's any bugs that should effect the long term game. Even with that said I'm still trying to make myself complete a season or 2 with spurs to test it out before the 7th.

This is what I am doing at the moment with Newcastle

For the last 2 years:

I never actually "play" in beta.

I usually go crazy, trying to play with 5 or no strikers.

See what happens with silly/odd tactics.

When the game is released i usually spend a month or so updating/tweaking the data.

Fixing all kind of "overrated"/"underrated" players as I see fit.

Basically waiting for the first patch, that will make the game playable.

Then I start a low league game that last for ~12 seasons until I get bored of it.

Then I bug my friends to play an MP game, which lasts for ~2 seasons as one of us fails miserably and does not want to continue lol.

(FM14 mp:

Game1: I managed to utterly DESTROY a club in the German 3rd division. Wrong signings that I payed too much wages for, and couldn't fix the 2nd season and was sacked.

Game2: Friend failed to promote from Swedish 2nd tire, despite having the best team in the league by far for 2 seasons. Got angry, accepted another offer from another club in the same division. Lost 4-0 to his former club. Ragequit.)

I really wanted to try and start my career save in the Beta version. Started unemployed and was given the Ebbsfleet role which I am very excited about. However, the match engine just is not where it needs to be right now so I will wait until the game and patch comes out. In my second match there were 3 free-kicks all scored from 35 yards out and I pretty much every match has been at least 4+ goals.

Wouldn't bother starting my own save until the full release, as the insane amount of injuries would make developing any wonderkids a living nightmare. Pretty much just using the Beta to fine-tune my tactics, discover what works and doesn't and find any cheap gems for transfers.

Doing my usual save with Newtown AFC, all year, every year. When the full game comes out and people have added extra leagues, I'm going to move them into the English Pyramid and work my way up to the BPL somehow or manage to get them into the group stages of the champions league.

I'd definitely wait until full release, there's too many bugs and exploits in the beta. Although if a game I'm messing with goes good then who knows

agree wait for full release, ive played 5 days of beta it aint pretty

I normally wait until full release, but this time I have really gotten into my Liverpool save on beta and will prob continue this. I doubt I'll manage a full season before release anyhow.

In all honesty if there is a patch to fix some bugs then it will be save game compatible, only data changes will need a new start. So for someone like me who doesn't really get too far in for the bugs to make a huge impact it's fine continuint my beta save :)

G

Started with St Albans but the excessive goals has caused me to stop. I really enjoy the clubs best XI feature etc, and have a feeling it will be a lot harder to get in as my current strikers are banging goals in for fun due to the goalkeeping issues.

Only have to avoid relegation and we are doing well so don't want to spoil the save with unrealistic goal tallies.

I've decided to start a couple mess around files as my long term save will be Torquay and the current goal keeper issue is ruining the experience for me at this level. Not just for my team, but a.i teams as well some of the goal keeping is just shockingly bad even for conference level. Until this issue is patched i would advise against starting a long term save just now and use this time to try a few random teams out and scout around for good players until release day comes.

Agree with Ronaldo but if i dont get relegated... I may stick with it. All depends on what the guys fix/dont fix and if it will be worth it.

If you have a guy in your team that shoots well from long range, tell him to fire away. For now at least long shots are flying in everywhere, I just had my goalkeeper lobbed from 60 yards by Phil effing Jagielka :lol:

Been playing the same save since day 1. no plans to change that as yet. Watching full games (only way to get the proper picture of what's going on in all important matches) so progress is slow. But I've never thought of FM as some kind of race anyway.

Archived