Questions about reputation of staff/coaches too high...

I've been bugged/annoyed irritated by this for some time and wanted to ask....

Why is it that there are about 40-60 South Korean coaches/managers/etc with "Continental" reputation when about 98% of football fans outside of South Korea probably can't name a single person involved in football from South Korea.... as a low rung coach, you'd literally have to win the FA cup and dominate in euro cup to get to national reputation as it is from the obscure rating.....

(More whining/complaining out of total confusion)

Just finding it very strange how there are well known Premier League coaches who have lower ratings, and literally dozens upon dozens of coaches/staff/managers rated as continental who aren't even remotely close to that standing.... is this something that will be finally fixed this year? It's just really odd that we have hundreds of staff/coaches who shouldn't crack above regional or even local for most that are given national/continental reputation ratings.... and I literally don't know where to begin properly pruning them down to an accurate number.

Even if the head coach for the Solomon Islands is a quality coach... just because the ranking name for a reputation is "national" doesn't mean it's warranted.... local maybe regional at best, the game mechanics will net him that rank eventually if they beat Fiji and draw against New Zealand a few times anyhow whereas Bhutan and Kiribati at Obscure or local I'd figure.

Anyhow, any info/help in advance.... would be awesome. Also if someone has actually made a mod on this end, or if I can expect this not to be a problem in FM15.... that'd also be great. :D

Am I right in thinking that "Continental", "Local" etc ratings are relative to the area where the coach is based?

I think so. But that system is kinda flawed because leagues in Europe are more followed all over the world. Continental player or even national-level player from Premier League is probably known in Asia too.

I'm not sure national-level players would be though. I'd imagine this to be someone like... Wayne Routledge. He's unlikely to be 'known' by many in Asia beyond a few die-hard fans or Swansea fans based in Asia.

Anyway, more 'fluid' and mobile reputation ratings would be cool. A continental coach from Asia moves to the UK, a drop in reputation. A MK Dons player scores a hat-trick in a League Cup game, temporary boost from Regional to National.

Archived