Need some advice on mentality and team instructions

I have created a new tactic and have been doing quite well especially as I am using a team who are tipped to be relegated

However my tactic is lacking something,

Tactic - Counter

r8ccx0.jpg

Team Instructions - Counter

2libhtz.jpg

Tactic - Control

65akvr.jpg

Team Instructions - Counter

1relxl.jpg

I will often select work into box if i find chances are coming from long shots

While defensively it seems decent, Last season I finished third in league conceding 33 goals in 42 games, managing to score 50. I used a Very Fluid mentality switching between counter and control depending the opposition, using control when i am favourite and counter when i am the underdog

This season, despite having to rebuild the team in key areas I am 8th after 32 games, scoring 40 and conceding 33. I have changed to a FLUID mentality

My question is how can I make the tactic a little more offensive without losing too much defensively.

Most of my goals come from the MC(a) although my CF(s) is usually close behind

Some Thoughts

Change the DM(d) to an A(d)

Change the DLP(s) to an AP(s) - would this push the player forward more? Would it better to go more direct?

Get the left sided WM to sit narrower as a "false" cm to cover the CM(a) who is darting forward, is this possible?

With the above Roles would a BALANCED Fluidity be a better choice

My winger gets in some really good positions but often wastes possession with a long shot. i have seen you can "program" the wide midfielder role to be more of an inside forward so might give this a go, has anybody had any success with this

Part of what I want to achieve is for my defensive players to win the ball and recycle possession to a more capable player, who in turn would play the ball forward. As i only have one up top im reluctant to go too direct to quickly as this would leave the CF isolated. Hopefully a slow build up will mean i can get players forward as a group

Archived