Scouting messes up after a few years?

Or the scout was overrating him. But yeah what CamillePunk said; it's all dependent on how good the person, who's player reports you read, is at evaluating a player's abilities. It's the reason why I always get an assistant with decent JPA/JPP

I don't know which scout who scouted him but he got 4 stars from the scouting report. I tried changing assistant manager now to one with 18 in judging potential, all my scouts have at least 18 in judging potential. Still he says 2.5 stars..

I don't know which scout who scouted him but he got 4 stars from the scouting report. I tried changing assistant manager now to one with 18 in judging potential, all my scouts have at least 18 in judging potential. Still he says 2.5 stars..

Your team probably improved since you scouted him mixed in with some error in judgment by scout or AM.

Your team probably improved since you scouted him mixed in with some error in judgment by scout or AM.

Yep. I always scout a player again depending on how old my previous scout report is on him.

Also I want to point out that JPA is as important as the JPP attribute because a scouts determination of where a player is now will have influence on where he could realistically end up. So it's good to consider how good your coach/assistant/scout is at determining how good a player is now.

Had this loads obviously you scout a player and it rates him 4 or higher stars thats your scouts opinion. So you think wow i have to sign this guy, and you sign him (normally for an exhiborant fee!) Thing is that now your coaches are rating him rather than your scouts and you get to see a raft of other things i dont think your scouts report on (e.g. how he is in training, attitude) so your coaches naturally star him different. Thats why i think the star rating is flawed, also players i have signed have under performed badly which kicks that rating down further. I have defenders who have high anticipation who i just think cant read the game at all and make ridiculous errors which lead to conceded goals, strikers who have high finishing and composure who cant hit the target and midfielders with high passing stats but every pass the make is to the feet of the opposition. These are players i scout extensivley getting the opinion of 3-4 of my best scouts so i sign and they get to my club and underperform. Then i sign some players who are decidedly average stats but play out of there skin every game. Its just another one of those crazy FM things

Had this loads obviously you scout a player and it rates him 4 or higher stars thats your scouts opinion. So you think wow i have to sign this guy, and you sign him (normally for an exhiborant fee!) Thing is that now your coaches are rating him rather than your scouts and you get to see a raft of other things i dont think your scouts report on (e.g. how he is in training, attitude) so your coaches naturally star him different. Thats why i think the star rating is flawed, also players i have signed have under performed badly which kicks that rating down further. I have defenders who have high anticipation who i just think cant read the game at all and make ridiculous errors which lead to conceded goals, strikers who have high finishing and composure who cant hit the target and midfielders with high passing stats but every pass the make is to the feet of the opposition. These are players i scout extensivley getting the opinion of 3-4 of my best scouts so i sign and they get to my club and underperform. Then i sign some players who are decidedly average stats but play out of there skin every game. Its just another one of those crazy FM things

Star ratings are only meant to be used as a rough guide. You should check their stats to see if they're good enough for your first team, not their star rating. For example defenders with low a concentration stat are highly prone to making errors, while defenders with a low positioning stat are never going to get into the right places to stop goals in the first place :)

I always have a sort of rule on signing players for certain positions; for example for a defender I want to make sure they have a high tackling, marking, heading, jumping, positioning and concentration stats while also taking their height into account. :)

I always have a sort of rule on signing players for certain positions; for example for a defender I want to make sure they have a high tackling, marking, heading, jumping, positioning and concentration stats while also taking their height into account. :)

Height doesn't really matter. Height only helps with getting high up to win the ball, which is reflected in the jumping attribute. So you can basically ignore their height and focus solely on their jumping.

Height doesn't really matter. Height only helps with getting high up to win the ball, which is reflected in the jumping attribute. So you can basically ignore their height and focus solely on their jumping.

You still won't fancy a 5'5" midget trying to win a header from say a Vincent Kompany now would you? :D

Archived