Why do players not accept player coach contracts?

Recently I asked Drogba if he can become a coach. He says and then does. He is out of contract and although he's not got great coaching stats I would like him to become a player/youth coach either for u21s or u18s. He will not accept any of these offers. Why then did he become a coach in the first place if he is not willing to become one at the club he's at? Is this a bug?

Also how do you get players to sack their agents? I have only seen this option come up when a player demands a new improved contract. Elsewhere I can't seem to find this option. I would like to ask Terry and Drogba to sack their agents so I can agree a more reasonable contract with them than they are currently asking for.

Maybe Drogba doesn't want to coach u21s or u18s? I have no problem in getting Gerrard to become a player/coach although I never tried u21 or u18 coach. and, the really annoying thing is, after accepting my player/coach contract, he then proceeds to leave his agent who has just been paid a tasty 1.2m in agent fees.

Maybe Drogba doesn't want to coach u21s or u18s? I have no problem in getting Gerrard to become a player/coach although I never tried u21 or u18 coach. and, the really annoying thing is, after accepting my player/coach contract, he then proceeds to leave his agent who has just been paid a tasty 1.2m in agent fees.

Wait until near the end of his contract before offering him as by then the agent will probably have gone, but IIRC once you convince the player to become a coach and his staff attributes come up while he hasn't retired from playing he will leave his agent soon after.

Archived