The Scots Sunday Clan 2006

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ayrutd.JPG

After an anxious wait Ayr have decided to renew manager Jim Barclays contract.The new deal is expected to keep him at the club untill 2010, Barclay said "i am delighted to remain at Ayr and hope to repay the boards confidence immediately with a top 4 finish.The close season saw a massive turnaround at sommerset park with plenty of new faces arriving,hopefully some new blood will be just what the club needs.

Players in

Steve Harrison

T.J. McClory Cuthbertson

Stevie Woods

John Ward

Gregory Lake

Darren Connell

Ryan Mcguffie

Stuart Maynard

Aouled Miguil

Joe Flurry

Mark Cousins

Lloyd Kerry

Wayne Mcdermott

Mark Little

Players out

James Mckinistry

Chris Strain

John Maisano

Chris Robertson

Andy Essler

Kyle Moran

Guest sav112

jobless.JPG

It’s a funny old game this football management, one day you in a nice comfy seat doing your best for the club then bang as if for some mysterious force your out. All you can take is those precious memories. The poring rain at Cowdenbeath, The sea mist at East Fife and the winter storms of Arbroath and all those special moments when a fan call’s you a bow bag…..

Who could refuse an offer like this.

Pish money, limited travel, football talent an option with two trips to Elgin a season oh aye and unlimited pie and Bovril.

albion.jpg

Season 3

Targets are to better last season, and get thru the play offs and get to the 2nd.

having spent a grand total of 9k in the transfer market and brought in 7 new faces to beef up the squad,and released some players who where clearly not in my plans.

Players IN

1.7.2007 Byford, Billy Inverness CT Free

Vinter, Steven Dunfermline Ath Free

McCarron, Kevin Free Transfer Free

Thorne, Matt Free Transfer Free

Craig, Stuart Free Transfer Free

McCluskey, Stuart Banbury £8K

McAdie, Richard Ross County £1K

Total £9K

Players OUT

Paterson, Scott Free Transfer Free

Reid, Stephen Free Transfer Free

Young, Craig Free Transfer Free

Houston, Scott Free Transfer Free

McGhee, Graham Free Transfer Free

Total £0

Byford, Billy

11 games 8 clean sheets, hes part of the reason, why the Albion Rovers have had a good start to the league.

the other

Stephen Larkin

7 starts in the league 4 goals

ayrutd.JPG

AYR UTD RESULTS

Berwick 1-2 Ayr-Challenge cup

Ayr 1-3 Stenhousmuir

Hearts 3-0 Ayr-League cup

Forfar 0-2 Ayr

Ayr 2-1 Arbroath

E Sterling 1-1 Ayr

Ayr 0-2 Airdrie-Challenge cup

Ayr 1-0 Elgin

Albion Rovers 0-0 Ayr

Ayr 1-1 Peterhead

si%20forum%20banner.JPG

Game Info

the games gone thru a few changes in the last month or so

out with the old and in with the new

the clan orignal website has closed down

http://www.sundayclan.co.uk

And a page has been opened up on the E.U.C site - http://www.fm-euc.com/scotssunday.htm

the orignal host has quit the game [ he'll be back icon_wink.gif ]

but the game goes on

with this being its 5th term starting on CM4.

theres no-way its gonna just pack up and die....

so this Sunday lads 18:00 gmt

ayrutd.JPG

Ayr Results

East Fife 0-1 Ayr

Ayr 1-0 Montrose

Stenhousemuir 3-2 Ayr

Ayr 0-1 Forfar

Arbroath 2-1 Ayr

Ayr 4-1 East Sterling

Elgin 1-0 Ayr

Peterhead 0-3 Ayr

Scottish Cup Stranraer 3-2 Ayr

Ayr 3-1 East Fife

Ayr 0-0 Albion Rovers

Montrose 1-0 Ayr

Ayr 0-0 Stenhousemuir

albion.jpg

Who Are you

sitting 4 points clear in the Scottish 3rd, things are looking good at Cliftonhill

with a defence thats nearly as tight as a ducks arse(and thats water tight).

Albion Rovers have set there sights on division 2.

Orr " its looking sweet, i've gotta be honest, everything going well

at the half way stage of the season we've made a small profit of £35k and with a Scottish cup tie against Motherwell soon , we are hoping to bring in some more cash,which will in return should open up some badly needed transfer funds if we go into the 2nd.

Key players

Stephen Larkin pld 18 gls 10

(out for between 2 and 4 months)

Phil Creaney pld 27 gls 2

former Falkirk player is bossing the midfield

Billy Byford pld 26 conc 13

with 17 clean sheets to his name this season

Byford proving to be Orrs best signing so far by miles

Kevin O'Neil

former Hibs youth player is the clubs captain and playing along side Chisholm in the defence is another reason why Albion Rovers are so tight

Fixtures

Bell's Scottish league challenge cup

Arbroath[h]1-0 1st rd

Montrose[h]0-0 2nd rd won on pens

Hamilton[h]1-0 3rd rd

St.Johnstone[a]0-2 S/F

CIS cup

Inverness[h]0-3 1st rd

League to follow

Guest sav112

peterhead.JPG

The new manager was rumoured to be heading to Forfar but a call in transit changed all that.

“Ringâ€

“Hi Stewart Robertson speakingâ€

“Hi Stewart, Rodger Morrison here from Peterhead. Would you be interested in becoming our next Manager with a transfer budget of the Value of your Car?â€

Stewart - “Are we talking a three year contract and promotion bonus?â€

Rodger- “Of course and I’ll even get one of the lads to was your car once a weekâ€

Stewart – “I’ll be right over to have a talk and thanks for the offerâ€

Rodger- “ No problems and I look forward to our meeting I’ll tell the girl at the desk your expected after I get rid of this chick young character, he’s meant to be doing a peace on the third division but keeps banging on about How blooming great the Glasgow Rangers areâ€

Stewart- “ah Chick, yeah better if he was away when I arrive, ok thanks againâ€

Rodger- “Not at all I’ll mention Neil Lennon was seen brining the game into disrepute by shouting in Bothwell Main Street, he'll be off like a shotâ€

Stewart- “Aye he’ll believe that after all what class has that player got!â€

Stewart- “ Right be there soon!â€

Managers Thoughts – aaa right stewarty boy another crack at management now how do I get to Peterhead?

I think now, looking back, the scots clan did not fight the enemy, they fought themselves - and the enemy was in us...

On-line gaming is over for me now, but it will always be there - for the rest of my days. As I am sure Bod will be - fighting with Dogs for possession of my soul...

There are times since I have felt like the child born of The Scottish Clan and its forefathers...

But be that as it may, those of you who did play on have an obligation to build again, to teach to others what they know, and to try with what's left of the Scots Clan to find a goodness and meaning to this game....

Gone but not forgotten icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

I think now, looking back, the scots clan did not fight the enemy, they fought themselves - and the enemy was in us...

On-line gaming is over for me now, but it will always be there - for the rest of my days. As I am sure Bod will be - fighting with Dogs for possession of my soul...

There are times since I have felt like the child born of The Scottish Clan and its forefathers...

But be that as it may, those of you who did play on have an obligation to build again, to teach to others what they know, and to try with what's left of the Scots Clan to find a goodness and meaning to this game....

Gone but not forgotten icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the spirt of the Scots clan is still alive icon_wink.gif

History

good to see your still about Turps

p.s i think bod was really in love with you icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

Gone but not forgotten icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya killie fud! Shall still finish above you.

Guest sav112

Lads will be on late tonight, the usual Mothers day pish. icon_rolleyes.gif

Good to hear Ross is still with us even if he went a bit William Wallace on us there…….probably on Copacabana beach with that killie strip on anyway and a tape deck playing

paper roses! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

Lads will be on late tonight, the usual Mothers day pish. icon_rolleyes.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats what the hours before we kick off are for icon_biggrin.gif

mothers day icon_rolleyes.gif just give her a clip about the earhole, and 20 regal and a bottle of the finest trongate brandy aka buckfast wine...........thats what i give mine

games up lads

albion.jpg

3rd time of asking

the Champions of Division 3 are Albion Rovers icon_biggrin.gif

Manager of the year Div3 - Davie Orr

with 6 players in the team of the year

Steven Vinter DC

KevinO'Neil D,MC

Lee Sichi AMRLC, FC

Phil Creaney AMC

Andy Selkirk MRLC,S

Iain Chisholm DC,DM,S

Teams best Player

Phil Creaney

finished 12 points clear of 2nd place Ayr

plans for next season, are have fun and try to stay in the league.

ayrutd.JPG

Ayr results

Forfar 1-1 Ayr

Ayr 0-3 Arbroath

E Sterling 0-1 Ayr

Ayr 6-4 Elgin

Albion Rovers 0-3 Ayr

Ayr 1-1 Peterhead

E Fife 2-3 Ayr

Ayr 1-1 Montrose

Stenhousemuir 2-2 Ayr

Ayr 3-1 Forfar

Arbroath 0-3 Ayr

Ayr 1-0 E Sterling

Elgin 1-1 Ayr

Ayr 0-0 Albion Rovers

Peterhead 2-2 Ayr

Ayr 1-0 E Fife

Montrose 1-1 Ayr

PLAY-OFFS

Peterhead 2-0 Ayr

Ayr 2-1 Peterhead

Ayr were left hugely disappointed after losing in the play-off semi-final, a fifteen match unbeaten run came to an end at the hands of Peterhead who go on to face Montrose in the final. Ayr will be looking to next season and will be pushing for automatic promotion.

elgin.jpg

SUNDAY 26TH MARCH UPDATE

After finishing bottom last season with only 3 wins all season Elgin had to improve on that.Rookie manager Andrew Bannister learnt a lot from last season and realised that the curent squad was just not good enough to compete in the scotish third division,and went on bringing new faces into the club..With no money available young and inexperianced players were brought in.Bannister knew that this season was not going bring him any trophys or success but was hopeing his current squad would gain some experence for seasons ahead.

The second season started poorly,and Banniser changed his system which made Elgin more competitve and started to win a few matches..The finding of striker Gary woods was a major plus for the club, scoreing 17 goals in 33 apperences and his value increasing from 0 to 20k will only attract bigger clubs to take a look at him.Bannister knows its highly unlikely he wil be able to keep hold of his main striker for much longer...

At the end of season 2 Elgin were 3rd from bottom but were clear of the bottom 2 and things look good for a playoff challenge next season if Elgin can keep there squad together..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by qazqaz:

hi everyone, am william, i would love to join the clan, am i big fan off scottish football, theirs only 1 problem (i play indoor football every sunday 9pm til 10pm), </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't really sound like the ideal clan for you to join then William. See what other ones fit in around you.

Guest sav112

peterhead.JPG

Well Peterhead done exceptionally well and were unfortunate not to finish second place with a few injuries causing the manager major problems at the end of the season.

Players that have stood out this season were the striking partnership of Rose and Woods scoring a combined 37 goals. Craig Tully also had a good season being or best player at the back.

On to the play off games and a comfortable 2-0 victory over a very good Ayr side that finished second above us. Tension was risen after in the 2 leg after scoring to take the aggregate to 3-0 we lost two late goals only to finally get through 3-2.

We now Have Montrose in the play off finals, and if we progress will cap a great season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by qazqaz:

hi everyone, am william, i would love to join the clan, am i big fan off scottish football, theirs only 1 problem (i play indoor football every sunday 9pm til 10pm), </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

email me and we'll discuss mate

ayrutd.JPG

Players in

K Struthers

M Rowbotham

D Tilbury

I Cousins

B Carrigan

Players out

S Mackay

M Lauchlan

M Oates S Maynard

R McGuffie

Results

Forfar 2-1 Ayr

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP Ayr 2-1 Queens Park

E Sterling 5-3 Ayr

Ayr 2-1 Arbroath

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP Ayr 0-5 Hearts

Ayr 2-1 E Fife

LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP Ayr 1-2 Morton

Berwick 3-2 Ayr

albion.jpg

Life in the Higher Level

SD2 results so far

Hamilton[h]4-0

Stranraer[h]2-0

Alloa[a]2-0

Clyde[a]2-3

QOS[a]2-3

Bell's Scottish League Challenge Cup

Queens Park[a]1-0 1st rd

Raith Rovers[h]1-2 2nd rd

CIS Cup

Hamilton[h]1-1 won on pens 1st rd

Livingston[h]1-2

Players In

Johnson, Chris Free Transfer Free

White, Joe Free Transfer Free

Edwards, Kevin Free Transfer Free

Gray, David Free Transfer Free

Dance, James Free Transfer Free

Brook, Danny Free Transfer Free

Greenlees, Peter Free Transfer Free

Players Out

Docherty, Mark Free Transfer Free

After a great start to life in div2, and sitting 3rd after5 games, with Stephen Larkin on top form scoring 8 from 9 games. The Wee Rivers can look forward to possibliy a good season................watch this space

Guest sav112

Sorry lads for the no show last night icon_rolleyes.gif, I may have to give Sunday FM a miss....the weekend just got worse with me working now i'm trying to fit things in and its not working.

I'd be on after Eleven most times and thats not fair when someone new could be on having a kick about and it would mean that its not the ai your all playing when id be on hols....

si%20forum%20banner.JPG

Lastest Leagues after Sundays session

Scottish 1st

Scottish 2nd

Scottish 3rd

si%20forum%20banner.JPG

looking for some new members

Clan Name:Scots Sunday

Game:FM06

Version:lastest patch

Times:Sunday 18:00-00:00

Leagues:English Premiership+Scottish SPL,1st,2nd,3rd

Additional Info: Taking on the hardest challenge on the LLM online scene without a doubt, no money, no talent, no fans, only a few cans of tennets and a bottle of buckfast wine to keep you warm in the dugout............how did you think sir Alex Ferguson get those rosey red cheeks??

the idea of this game is to start in the Scottish 3rd (like Fergie), and end up like Fergie in the EPL.

simple

before you sign up, please bear in mind no time wasters,no one session wonders who get hammered then disconnect, and this game ain't just for Scottish people either, its for guys and gals who love a challenge and have a passion for the game

I've done my bit , now you do your bit

current status of game season(08/09) DEC2008

Still wanna join, sign up here

next session next Sunday of course, no prize for working that out

albion.jpg

Next Match

Opponent Alloa (T Hendrie)

Competition Bell's League Division Two

Date Sat, 20.12.2008, 15:00

Venue Recreation Park, Alloa

Previous Meeting Albion Rovers 3-1 Alloa (27.9.2008)

Weather Forecast Sleet -3°C

mast_sized.gif

Orr - "its a must win game with Stranraer, Brechin and Queen of the South right up my arse. yes where begining to lost ground on the top 2, so am def looking for all 3 points"

Some dude on the phone from the Wee County news - " oh ok then, so what happens if Johnny Armstrong takes out Stephen'Larky Larkin, what your game plan"

Orr - "cry i guess, without him where nothing"

Some dude on the phone from the Wee County news - "and if we do, do you think we'll win"

Orr - "cause Alloa are crap and couldn't even fight sleep or fight there way out of a wet paper bag"

Some dude on the phone from the Wee County news - " wow chill, no need to get nasty, soap dodger"

Orr - " **** off sheep shagger" .......................the phone gets slammed down.

Fixtures & Results

06.12 A Coldstream 4 : 0 Scottish Cup 2nd rd

13.12 H Stranraer 1 : 1 SD2

20.12 A Alloa SD2

26.12 H Hamilton SD2

03.01 A Brechin SC

10.01 A Clyde SD2

Competitions

Bell's League Division Two 3rd (Possible Finish: 1st-10th)

Tennent's Scottish Cup 3rd Rnd (v Brechin)

CIS Cup 2nd Rnd

Bell's Scottish League Challenge Cup 2nd Rnd

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer Stephen Larkin (23)

Most Assists Nicky Riley (5)

Man Of Match Stephen Larkin (5)

Yellow Cards Scott Friel (4)

Red Cards Craig O'Reilly (1)

Average Rating Stephen Larkin (7.63)

Team Stats

Matches Played 24

Goals Scored 40 (1.7)

Goals Conceded 24 (1.0)

Yellow Cards 20 (0.8)

Red Cards 1 (0.0)

Average Attendance 800

albion.jpg

Bloody Hamilton Accies

10th May 2009 3pm

theres 4623 diehard fans in Hampden Park for the Bell's league division one rel/pl Final

between Albion Rovers and Hamilton

and with Chappie in his best gear since the season of 1988/89.

this was to be Albions biggest days for years.

the day was dry with a lot of cloud over with the temp pushing , but failing to reach double figures, in other words another Glasgow Summers day.

the game started and within two mins the Accies had pulled one ahead with a wonder strike from Dwayne Mattis, the former Bury midfielder, who was rejected by Orr at start of season, came back to haunt him. Albion had gone close a few times in the 1st half , but nothing that was gonna worry Cameron Belford.

67th min game set and match Ali Chaaban the Lebanon striker drilled home the 2nd.

which meant Albion where to spent a 2nd season in the 2nd division

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimalex:

BREAKING_NEWS_-AYR_SACK_BARCLAY_Ayr_today_parted_c.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is she kissing you good-bye lol icon_biggrin.gif

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/fm2005mygame/eaststirling.jpg

EAST STIRLING

Season 2008/09

Took control of the team after 18 games into season, lying on 6th place in div. 3. The start was not very pormising. Lost 3 first games. Then things turned and after the last game of the season my hard working team was lying on 4th place. That meant playoffs. And to everybodys great surprise we passed the playoffs with flying colours and booked our way to div. 2 next season!

No doubt next season will be tough. Will be looking for reenforcement during summer and hopefully we will have enough quality in the team next season, so that we will not go back down!

Archived