The Scots Sunday Clan 2006

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dm_gers:

Slave Labour! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you in training for the late one, noting your time lol icon_biggrin.gif

stenhousemuir.jpg

Troubling Times At Stenny

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Furious fans today demanded the sacking of manager David McGowan as Stenny boss. This came after another extremely dissapointing season, where he guided the team to 9th position in the Third Division. Many fans blame his passion for late night drinking sessions with fellow manager Robert McDougall, who they brand a bad influence. 'Mcd', as he's more commonly known, is alleged to be taking McGowan out with him, as they drink themselves into the early hours with some of Glasgow's finest woman.

The Stenny manager denys this, citing a problem with internal hygiene at the club as the reason for the abysmal season. Apparantly, many players at the club have been struck down with serious cases of bird flu and other viruses. McGowan blames chief toilet attendant Richard Thompson for the flu massacre, calling him a 'manky bastard'.

McGowan went on, "This man has brought our club into disrepute with his uncleanliness. Several of our players have been struck down with bugs and viruses throughout the season, and I have no doubt that this man is to blame. Therefore, drastic action had to be taken and Thompson has been sacked."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last 5 Games Of The Season

elginhome2js.png VS stenhousemuirhome5wh.png

Elgin(A) 2.4.11 Third Division

Score: Elgin 1 Stenny 0

A fairly close game here, where as usualy a bit of luck was needed and we didn't get it. Story of our season games like this and we had given up by this point anyway. Elgin had a better squad and created more chance and eventually scored through one, though we could have nicked a draw at some point. Positives to be taken here were Joe Sagar and Gar Wild's good performances.

Elgin vs Stenny

stirlingaway2pq.png VS stenhousemuirhome5wh.png

Stirling(A) 9.4.11 Third Division

Score: Stirling 6 Stenny 0

Disgusting, vile performance here. Everyone had the bir flue of course, but even that was a good enough excuse here. Only thing I'd like to say here is well done to Mcd, excellent side who won the league at a canter this season. Bastard. icon_redface.gif

Stirling vs Stenny

forfarhome8dr.png VS stenhousemuirhome5wh.png

Forfar(A) 16.4.11 Third Division

Score: Forar 1 Stenny 0

Another game, no goals from the lacklustre Stenny. 3 away games on the trot and 3 games soundly beaten. Not a nice performance to watch in this game either with hardly any positives to take from the game. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Forfar vs Stenny

stenhousemuirhome5wh.png[ VS alloahome1ee.png

Alloa(H) 23.4.11 Third Division

Score: Stenny 1 Alloa 1

The Ass man took control of this 1-1 draw with the mightly Alloa!

Reports suggest manager McGowan, was on one of his famous drinking sessions.

Stenny vs Alloa

ayrhome0uc.png VS stenhousemuirhome5wh.png[

Ayr(A) 30.4.11 Third Division

Score: Ayr 2 Stenny 1

Finally we were there, at the end of the season. We done well in this game with Russell levelling the scores in the 75th minute after a good few chances. They then scored from an OG in the last few minutes. Typical icon_biggrin.gif.

Ayr vs Stenny

It's All over, Thank Feck

That brings to an end a poor, poor season in which we finished a shocking 9th in the table after again it all starting so promisingly. Well all we can do is look and hope for the better next season. icon_smile.gif

Final League Table

stenhousemuir.jpg

Troubling Times At Stenny

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Furious fans today demanded the sacking of manager David McGowan as Stenny boss. This came after another extremely dissapointing season, where he guided the team to 9th position in the Third Division. Many fans blame his passion for late night drinking sessions with fellow manager Robert McDougall, who they brand a bad influence. 'Mcd', as he's more commonly known, is alleged to be taking McGowan out with him, as they drink themselves into the early hours with some of Glasgow's finest woman.

The Stenny manager denys this, citing a problem with internal hygiene at the club as the reason for the abysmal season. Apparantly, many players at the club have been struck down with serious cases of bird flu and other viruses. McGowan blames chief toilet attendant Richard Thompson for the flu massacre, calling him a 'manky bastard'.

McGowan went on, "This man has brought our club into disrepute with his uncleanliness. Several of our players have been struck down with bugs and viruses throughout the season, and I have no doubt that this man is to blame. Therefore, drastic action had to be taken and Thompson has been sacked."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last 5 Games Of The Season

elginhome2js.png VS stenhousemuirhome5wh.png

Elgin(A) 2.4.11 Third Division

Score: Elgin 1 Stenny 0

A fairly close game here, where as usualy a bit of luck was needed and we didn't get it. Story of our season games like this and we had given up by this point anyway. Elgin had a better squad and created more chance and eventually scored through one, though we could have nicked a draw at some point. Positives to be taken here were Joe Sagar and Gar Wild's good performances.

Elgin vs Stenny

stirlingaway2pq.png VS stenhousemuirhome5wh.png

Stirling(A) 9.4.11 Third Division

Score: Stirling 6 Stenny 0

Disgusting, vile performance here. Everyone had the bir flue of course, but even that was a good enough excuse here. Only thing I'd like to say here is well done to Mcd, excellent side who won the league at a canter this season. Bastard. icon_redface.gif

Stirling vs Stenny

forfarhome8dr.png VS stenhousemuirhome5wh.png

Forfar(A) 16.4.11 Third Division

Score: Forar 1 Stenny 0

Another game, no goals from the lacklustre Stenny. 3 away games on the trot and 3 games soundly beaten. Not a nice performance to watch in this game either with hardly any positives to take from the game. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Forfar vs Stenny

stenhousemuirhome5wh.png VS alloahome1ee.png

Alloa(H) 23.4.11 Third Division

Score: Stenny 1 Alloa 1

The Ass man took control of this 1-1 draw with the mightly Alloa!

Reports suggest manager McGowan, was on one of his famous drinking sessions.

Stenny vs Alloa

ayrhome0uc.png VS stenhousemuirhome5wh.png

Ayr(A) 30.4.11 Third Division

Score: Ayr 2 Stenny 1

Finally we were there, at the end of the season. We done well in this game with Russell levelling the scores in the 75th minute after a good few chances. They then scored from an OG in the last few minutes. Typical icon_biggrin.gif.

Ayr vs Stenny

It's All over, Thank Feck

That brings to an end a poor, poor season in which we finished a shocking 9th in the table after again it all starting so promisingly. Well all we can do is look and hope for the better next season. icon_smile.gif

Final League Table

great season for stirling finishing the season 28 games un-beaten in the league icon_biggrin.gif and beating division 2 winners livingston 5-0 in the scottish cup.

So with any luck sirling can grab a play-off place in next seasons division 2. icon_biggrin.gif

si%20forum%20banner.JPG

the current line up

who will be doing battle in the 7th season

2011/12

Bell's League Division One

Steven Plumb

queenspark.jpg

Marty Singer

peterhead.JPG

Bell's League Division Two

Taavi Hinno

eaststirling.jpg

Davie Orr

albion.jpg

Orhun Ozdemir

montrose.jpg

Robert McDougall

stirling4vk.png

Bell's League Division Three

David McGowan

stenhousemuir.jpg

Jim Barclay

berwick.jpg

Andy Bannister

elgin.jpg

Ed Reyonlds

cowdenbeath.jpg

Stewart Roberston

ayrutd.JPG

Job centre

Simon Hay

jobless.JPG

with two players in the 1st could this be the season someone gets to the promise land??

peterhead.JPG

Report from

buchan.gif

THE TOON PROMOTED YET AGAIN

Peterhead FC supporters were yet again in dreamland as manager Marty Singer steered the club to its second successive promotion. Although he had only been given the job for 1 year t"see what he could do" he has fimly made the job his, and some supporters are calling for him to be given a Knighthood (don't think so - The Ed) The Balmoor board are believed to be over the moon with the direction the club is going.

So roll on next season when Peterhead try and push for the promised land of the Premier League.

By Jim MaBob

Full Season review posted soon.

albion.jpg

Maybe next season

another defeat in a play-off match for Orrs Albion Rovers, this time against Peterhead.

Romone Rose was the hero for Peterhead, with two goals in the 15th min and 83rd.

villain for Albion was Scott Friel, who was shown the red card on the 54th min after a trip on Kirwan who was thru on goal.

Joe Brown scored on 35th min for Albion.

dr2logo.gif

am really gutted we failed this season, after destorying Clyde in the semi-final Rel.Pl, i really thou thats us, as Clyde where the favs to keep there div1 status.

Plans for next season, are unclear, as i need to clear the rumours about me quitting Albion Rovers. Yes i got a offer of Hamilton, which i said no to, why would i leave after 6 years of building the team, yes its hard trying to attract the sort of players that would take you to the next level, but theres no point in moaning about this, like i do icon_rolleyes.gif

i guess i need to look at my scouting network, and maybe look at going full-time, but thats up to the chairman.

Transfers In

Date..............Person..................From...............Fee

8.6.2010..........Lee, Peter..............Free Transfer......Free

15.6.2010.........O'Brien, Ian............Free Transfer......Free

17.6.2010.........Bacon, Danny............Mangotsfield.......£30K

19.6.2010.........Robinson, Brian.........Free Transfer......Free

21.6.2010.........Rae, Andy...............Eastbourne Boro....£30K

25.6.2010.........Mitchell, Dave..........Free Transfer......Free

1.7.2010..........McLean, Kenny...........Arbroath...........Free

8.7.2010..........Butler, Paul............Free Transfer......Free

14.7.2010.........Peters, Mark............Farsley............£22K

29.7.2010.........Sideserf, Mark..........North Ferriby......£22K

20.9.2010.........Williamson, Neil........Free Transfer......Free

23.11.2010........Moffat, Scott...........Free Transfer......Free

26.11.2010........Jones, Steve............Free Transfer......Free

9.12.2010.........Palmer, Richard.........Free Transfer......Free

1.1.2011..........Doroudge, Dean..........Queen of Sth.......£7K

......................................................Total £110K

Danny Bacon was a bad move, waste of time and money, never played a single 1st team match, before being sold on to Brentford for £2k

Brian Roberston was picked up on a free, after he was released from Arsenal, the 18 year old made 4 1st team appearances

Andy Rae a player i feel will play a huge part in the team, after signing from Eastbourne Boro, he had two appearances

Dave Mitchell came and when and gave us £10k profit, he now at Weymouth

Kenny McLean signed from Arbroath on a bosman, after he caused us so many problems in previous seasons for Arbroath, has failed to shift Lee Sichi, but managed to rack up 14 appearances, still to score for the club

Mark Peters the wonderkid of Cliftonhill, broke into the 1st team late on in the season, and helped with the form of the team, to get them in the play-off spot, hes been targeted by Rangers Motherwell and Hearts in the last few weeks Pld 15 Gls 8

Mark Sideserf never worked out for the right back, afer starting the season at right back where he played the 1st six games, he was soon sold on to Northwich Victoria for £22k

Dean Doroudge the highest paid player at Cliftonhill, hasn't lived up to his hype, since joining Albion hes managed 2 games, expect him to be leaving soon

Transfers Out

Date...............Person...........To............Fee

6.6.2010...........Ewings, Jamie....Dumbarton.....£55K

6.6.2010...........Palm, Johan......Aberdeen......£500K

1.7.2010...........Halliday, Craig..Woking........Free

1.7.2010...........Greenlees, Peter.Stranraer.....Free

11.7.2010..........Douglas, Ian.....Free Transfer.Free

11.7.2010..........Jordan, Marcus...Free Transfer.Free

12.10.2010.........Pepper, Craig....Free Transfer.Free

21.12.2010.........Goodwin, Steve...Free Transfer.Free

10.1.2011..........Woods, Danny.....Billericay....£1K

28.1.2011..........Hobbs, Darren....Dumbarton.....£1K

29.1.2011..........Gray, David......Stevenage.....£1k

29.1.2011..........Stevenson, Paul..Alloa.........£1k

3.3.2011...........Mitchell, Dave...Weymouth......£10k

29.4.2011..........Sideserf, Mark...Northwich.....£22K

...........................................Total..£600k

Jamie Ewings spent 5 season and played 61 games in goals before he was sold to Dumbarton for £55k, his contract was up at end of season and wasn't gonna be renewed

Johan Palm the Swedish right back signed from Torpa on a bosman played for us for 8months making 15 appearances, before being sold to Aberdeen at start of the season for half a million

Craig Halliday spend 3 seasons in that time make 1 start, was signed by Woking on a bosman

Peter Greenlees never managed a single game for the club was loaned out to Stenhousemuir, before Stranraer snapped him up on a bosman

Ian Douglas spent 6 seasons at Albion making 32 app scoring 9 goals , before being released, now plays for Cambridge utd

Marcus Jordan lasted a season before East Fife signed him for nothing, never played for Albion

Craig Pepper quit the game and is rumoured to be stacking shelves in Adsa Govan

Steve Goodwin was tipped to be a key player for Albion but after two season of moaning he was released, now plays for Nuneaton where hes a 1st team regular, Pld 4 Gls 0

Danny Woods lasted a season sold to Billericay for £1k

Darren Hobbs like Woods sold to Dumbarton £1k

David Gray signed from Spurs on a bosman, done nothing, sold to Stevenage for £1k, spent two season never make a single game

Paul Stevenson picked up after being released from Liverpool,three seasons later and 10 games with no goals he was sold to Alloa where hes been doing really well scoring 11 goals on 11 gamesand ended up there top goal scorer of the season.

Fixtures

1st score us

League Div2

Arbroath 6-0,0-1,4-1,4-1

Brechin 1-0,1-1,3-1,1-0

East Stirling 0-1,2-0,2-0,3-2

Livingston 1-0,0-3,0-2,0-0

Airdrie 2-1,4-1,0-1,0-1

Montrose 1-1,1-2,3-0,1-2

Stranraer 4-1,1-1,4-2,1-2

Peterhead 0-0,1-0,0-2,4-1

Queen of South 1-2,1-0,1-0,3-0

Bell's Challenge Cup

1st rd Montrose 2-0

2nd rd Brechin 1-0

3rd rd Morton 1-0

s/f Gretna 1-0

Final St.Johnstone 1-2

League Cup

1st rd Queen of south 4-0

2nd rd Gretna 1-0

3rd rd Kilmarnock 0-4

Scottish Cup

2nd rd Alloa 2-0

3rd rd Partick 1-2

Player stats

Top Goalscorer

Joe Brown 25 (league 21+ cups 4)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Douglas:

sorry for not being there last sunday it wont happen again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you'll be sorry when i get my hands on you as well icon_biggrin.gif

i think you need to be checking which threads you post in before you post icon_biggrin.gif

keep walking this way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the other Scots Sunday p.s don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out icon_cool.gif

si%20forum%20banner.JPG

games gonna be up at 17:45

kick off at 18:00

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">all times are GMT icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

albion.jpg

Keepance 950k transfer

dr2logo.gif

Andy Keepance quit Albion Rovers to return to England, in a move worth 950k to Crewe, which had the Albion Rovers board fuming.

Keepance who signed from Moor Green for £160k, the 22yr old who played 34 times for the wee Rovers said " am sad to be leaving but its Crewe and a huge jump, i just can't believe Orr has those silly clauses in the transfer from Moor Green"

half of the transfer fee went straight to Moor Green, that 475k plus they still owe Moor Green £5k for the next 5 months, in this game we have great managers and also daft managers who are as thick as two RATHER thick planks, and in this case that daft manager is called Davie Orr.

let this be a lesson to you all

why you should never set your self to apply for higher postions while playing in a LLM game, while on holiday

it starts off someone gets sacked

part12nf.png

note who fav for the job, but he doesn't take it.

wonder why?

my.php?image=part20qo.png

thats why there 3rd bottom am 2nd

we all thou end of story

wrong jpshakehead.sml.gif

my.php?image=part35qv.png

why this so shocking???

my.php?image=part42ke.png

he's 3rd in the 1st

and that only part of it

my.php?image=part53uu.png

after taking Peterhead up from the 3rd in 2 season

messed that up icon_rolleyes.gif

any one he was 3rd in the 1st, QoS manager was sacked next thing we know Marty quit Peterhead and taken over QoS who are 3rd bottom in the 2nd.

All this after he had guided em from the 3rd to the 1st in 2 season.

let this be a lesson to you all

why you should never set your self to apply for higher postions while playing in a LLM game, while on holiday

p.s Marty we're all having a good laugh here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from the master icon_biggrin.gif

montrose.jpg

After Ozdemir II took the post at Montrose. Struggling Montrose became a promotion contender but unluckly they missed promotion in playoff finals 2 consecutive seasons, but they managed to promote in their 3rd attempt, in 2010.

In 2010-11 Season Montrose's main target was avoiding relegation and they were the biggest favourite for relegation after Arbroath but they've played all above the expectations and finished the league in 5th place, 13 points behind Albion Rovers who secured the last playoff spot. " I believe our players did their bests this season, the board is delighted, fans are happy, footballers are happy and everyone living in Montrose is happy with teams performance but I think we should do something to reach the next level." Ozdemir said after the season.

Before 2011-12 season, Ozdemir said that a safe mid table position is their main target for this season, unless the squad is heavily strenghthened. Montrose kept Majority of their squad and made just 5 signings. Martins from Dundee utd. , Conroy, Bryson and Bell from Stirling and McColligan from Peterhead. After first 16 games, Montrose is lying in 6th place 6 points behind 4th Airdrie Utd. Everyone in town is happy with this performance but also they know that boss Ozdemir wants his club to be more ambitious and provide him every resource to be more succesful. Ozdemir said that the board should improve clubs training facilities and they should make a few good signings in january in order to secure a playoff spot this season.

stenhousemuir.jpg

A Fresh Start

Here we go again.

Another new season with Stenny and the same problems face me before the season had started. We started off with a budget of around 47k, which is good for a Third Division club. The problem is trying to get players to come down to Ochilview as most of them either don't want to play for a Third Division team or quite simply, they have better offers on the table.

So, I had to try and work my magic with the free transfer market, which is not a great thing to be doing icon_frown.gif. We signed a total of 13 players this season, 10 of them being free transfers. The cash we spent were on 3 players then, Chris Iwelumo (Stirling, 1k), John Roberts (North Ferriby, 26k) and Peter Logan (Stirling, 1k). The free transfers that were brought are as follows. Francis Kelly, Kevin Finlayson, Kevin Martin, Steven Davidson, Ross Gordon, Mark Arber, Luke Clark, Darren McGregor, Jack Collinson and Alex Donnelly.

Of course there was a clear out at Stenny this season aswell, with 8 players leaving the club on free transfers. Marc Twaddle, Scott Henderson, James Hamilton, Sean Taylforth, Callum Monteith, Graeme Mort, James McKinstry and Michael Allan were the players to get the boot. "Never to return again the bunch of wasters" was the official line from the manager. icon_mad.gif

Our Aim this season is to try our best to push for a play-off spot though that dosen't look to likely. We are one of the favourites to finish last this season, so we have to get at least 6th for a bit of respect and to secure my job. Here we go then, season 2011/2012.

Into The New Season

Friendlies

Airdrie Utd (H) 2-1 defeat

Inverness CT (H) 2-0 defeat

Dundee (H) 3-0 defeat

Ross County (H) 2-0 defeat

Friendlies don't matter anyway. icon_biggrin.gificon_redface.gif

raithhome3yx.png VSstenhousemuiraway9be.png

Raith(A) 30.7.11 Bell's Challenge Cup 1st Round

Score: Raith 2 Stenny 1

After being drawn against a First Division side, we knew it would be a struggle in this game and that's exactly what it was. They dominated from start to finish with the Stenny defence doing well throughout. Raith took the lead in the 17th minute when Ismaila N'Daiye scored from close range. They then went 2 up 6 minutes later after Daniel Clausen scored with a lovely team move. Stenny keeper Joe Sagar was hooked at half time after his dreadful performance in the first half which could have cost us a few more goals. Iain Russell got a late goal but we were never going to get a result here though it was a good performance for the lads to only concede 2 goals and an encouraging start to the season.

Raith vs Stenny

cowdenbeathhome3hi.png VSstenhousemuirhome9pw.png

Cowdenbeath(A) 6.8.11 Third Division

Score: Cowdenbeath 2 Stenny 0

After the Raith game, hopes of getting a point or even snatching a win here were high but the team dissapointed. Overall, the strikers were to blame for Stenny's inability as we had 7 shots and only 1 of them was on target. Cowdenbeath however, were much more lethal infront of goal with 5 shots and 4 on target. Their first came just before half time through a truly shocking own goal. Gabriele Cavallaro, probably the best Stenny defender there is, passed the ball straight into the back of his own net when looking for keeper David Easton. One to forget for all at the club. Danny Maudsley sealed the win for the Blue Brazil in the 52nd minute when he scored from close range at an unmarked back post. A sense of dissapointment in the air then and with another away game in sight, confidence was at the usual low.

Cowdenbeath vs Stenny

livingstonhome9jx.png VSstenhousemuirhome9pw.png

Livingston(A) 9.8.11 CIS Cup 1st Round

Score: Livingston 1 Stenny 0

Peter Logan started his first match in goals for The Warriors in this game and had a wonderful debut. First Division side Livi ripped us apart in this match and we were lucky not to lose by 5 or 6 goals. As mentioned, Logan was outstanding and saved us several times, the defence also performed well and it was the attackers that let us down. We did not have 1 single shot the whole 90 minutes which was very painful to watch and even though were not expecting anything from the game, a good performance is vital and that isn't what I got here. The only goal of the game was in the 15th minute through Livi striker Michael Gardyne. 3 away games then and 3 losses in a terrible start to the season. A win in out first home game was vital.

Livingston vs Stenny

stenhousemuirhome9pw.png VSelginhome9tz.png

Elgin(H) 13.8.11 Third Division

Score: Stenny 2 Elgin 1

Andy's mighty Elgin were the visitors in the first home game of the season for Stenny and we finally got that all important first win under our belts in a hard fought game. In truth, the game was fairly even and a fairer result would have been a draw but I'm not complaining. It all started awfully aswell as Scott Holland gave Elgin the lead in only the 7th minute that left us shocked. Not to fear, Maloney's here. (sorry, that was awful icon_frown.gif) Young winger Liam Maloney did level the score 2 minutes later though with a lovely wee goal. The game was turned totally on it's head in the 15th minute when veteran striker Iain Russell put us ahead and gave us the incentive to go and score more. This didn't happen and thankfully wasn't needed, however it wasn't through a lack of trying from both teams to score more. Finally a damn win then!

Stenny vs Elgin

arbroathhome4hk.png VSstenhousemuiraway9be.png

Arbroath(A) 20.8.11 Third Division

Score: Arbroath 1 Stenny 2

One of our best results in ages was right here. An excellent away win which looked unlikely right up until the last seconds of the game, which made the victory that bit sweeter. It started so poorly yet again when Levent Yalcin put Arbroath ahead in the 3rd minute. We played really, really well throughout after this and did deserve our victory but again, we were wasting alot of the chances that were coming our way. The equaliser didn't come until the 58th minute when Scott Gemmill finished superbly from a Chris Iwelumo knock down. We had more chances after this put just couldn't put the ball into the back of the net, now the drama. Gemmill took the ball from just of the half way line in the last minute in what would have been our last chance, ran right up into the box and scored a wonderful goal that left Arbroath keeper Stewart no chance. An excellent win here that I was delighted with.

Arbroath vs Stenny

stenhousemuirhome9pw.png VSdumbartonhome0xz.png

Dumbarton(H) 27.8.11 Third Division

Score: Stenny 0 Dumbarton 2

After the highs of our previous 2 games, I was expecting a decent result here but that's not what we got. Dissapointing to go back to losing ways though we were slightly unlucky as the Dumbarton keeper, Jamie Ewings, had a very good game. Martin Bavidge got their 1st goal in the 31st minute with Joe Flurry doubling their tally in the 63rd. Not attol a poor performance in this game but getting a point out of this would have been so much better!

Stenny vs Dumbarton

eastfifehome8uf.png VSstenhousemuirhome9pw.png

East Fife(A) 10.9.11 Third Division

Score: East Fife 1 Stenny 1

Well we didn't half get ripped apart here. Seems we were starting to get a bit of luck in some games though and not all bad luck. East Fife were by far the better team in this game throughout and should have came away with all 3 points, but they didn't. The first half was goal less after plenty of misses chances by both teams, so into the second half and I brought on striker Chris Iwelumo who made a lovely start. He scored his first goal for the club only 2 minutes after the break to put us 1 up and into the driving seat. Didn't last for

terribly long though as East Fife equalised in the 56th minute of the game, which was the last goal we would see. Happy with another point picked up here, which could have easily been a defeat.

East Fife vs Stenny

stenhousemuirhome9pw.png VSforfarhome8dr.png

Forfar(H) 17.9.11 Third Division

Score: Stenny 0 Forfar 1

Without a doubt a massive feeling of injustice surrounded this game after the final whistle. We absolutely pummeled Forfar the whole game yet they somehow managed to come away with a win here. We missed plenty of chances in the game but Forfar keeper and man of the match, Sandy Young was outstanding aswell. 16 shots in total we had and no goals compared to Forfars 1 on target that they scored. The goal came in the 37th minute, they then got a man sent off just after half time which made the fact we didn't score a lot worse. We had a penalty in the 80th which Liam Maloney missed, so it cleary wasn't our day. Bloody frustrating game icon_mad.gif

Stenny vs Forfar

ayrhome0uc.png VSstenhousemuirhome9pw.png

Ayr(A) 21.9.11 Third Division

Score: Ayr 0 Stenny 4

This would probably have to go down as Stenny's best result under me. A 4-0 away win is just fantastic and the performance of the team was excellent throughout the 90 minutes. It started of in the 7th minute when 19 year old Steven Davidson scored in his debut game for The Warriors. An excellent start for him and he then went on to put us 2 up not long after half time, a memorable debut no doubt. Ayr sealed their fate minutes after that goal went in when they went a man down but the result was never in doubt anyway. Goals from Chris Iwelumo (66) and Liam Maloney (74) gave us a memorable victory. Superb.

Ayr vs Stenny

stenhousemuirhome9pw.png VSalloahome1ee.png

Alloa(H) 24.9.11 Third Division

Score: Stenny 0 Alloa 0

Nothing to really report from this game, just a bore draw. There were a good few chances that came our way but the strikers were poor and off form in this game. Still, every point counts for Stenny and at least we they didn't sneak a victory. This kept us still sniffing around the play off places which I was delighted with. Shame we didn't capitalise on our last result but not too worry.

Stenny vs Alloa

stenhousemuirhome9pw.png VSberwickhome7zo.png

Berwick(H) 1.10.11 Third Division

Score: Stenny 1 Berwick 0

This wasn't a pretty game by any means but all that mattered was getting the win and we got that in the end up. It was quite a messy game with not alot of excitement in it and alot of missed chances. That was down to poor finishing on both sides and the closer it got to the final whistle it looked like finishing 0-0. Then in the 77th minute Steven McManus played in Iain Russell who turned and scored a lovely goal into the Berwick goalkeeper. Relieved to get the win as Berwick were pushing up in the last 10 minutes but nothing came of their attacks and we got another 3 points on the board.

Stenny vs Berwick

stenhousemuirhome9pw.png VScowdenbeathhome3hi.png

Cowdenbeath(H) 15.10.11 Third Division

Score: Stenny 2 Cowdenbeath 0

Another great result that stretched our unbeaten run to 4 games which was a massive improvement on previous form. Top scorer Iain Russell got us of to a good start when he scored in the 15th minute. Keeper Peter Logan deserves a mention in this game as he was very good and made some important saves that were just as important as our 2 goals. Lively game that Cowdenbeath were never out of until they went all out attack and we exposed them at the back. Midfielder McManus made the points safe minutes before the end before Cowdenbeath got a man sent off in the dyeing seconds.

Stenny vs Cowdenbeath

elginhome9tz.png VSstenhousemuirhome9pw.png

Elgin(A) 22.10.11 Third Division

Score: Elgin 4 Stenny 1

Andy well and truly got his revenge here, as his Elgin side totally ripped us apart. They could have scored about 10 but limitied their goal tally to only 4. There's no doubt there a better side than us and we never did have much hopes of beating them away from home. Their goals came from Garry Wood (18,22), Andrew Lake (38) and Gary Cooke (86). They also missed a penalty in the 15th minute. Stenny got a late consolation goal in the 90th minute thanks to Chris Iwelumo but there was little positives to be taken from this. Well done to Andy. icon_wink.gif

Elgin vs Stenny

The fall out from Elgin...

We had mixed results after the Elgin game. We played 5, Won 2, Drew 2 and Lost 1 so overall it was good. It started off with an excellent 3-0 home win against Arbroath with 2 goals from Steven Davidson and 1 from Jack Collinson. We then went away to high flying Dumbarton where we drew 0-0 which is an excellent result and improvement for us. Next up was the Scottish Cup 1st Round tie at home against Cowdenbeath . Iain Russell gave us the 1-0 victory and put us through to the next round. Next was lowlyEast Fife at home where we should have really won but only drew 1-1, our goal coming from Iain Russell again. Finally, was a 3-1 defeat away to Forfar which was dissapointing.

All in all a great night which sees Stenny lyeing 3rd in the table and hopefully we can keep this form up and finally have a good season. Well done to Davie on winning that cup aswell. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dm_gers:

Bloody kits icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

still a good post thou icon14.gif

si%20forum%20banner.JPG

games gonna be up at 17:45

kick off at 18:00

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">all times are GMT icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

just remember drag the tv closer for the World Cup

albion.jpg

Next Match

Opponent Stranraer (P McGinlay)

Competition Bell's League Division Two

Date Sat, 18.2.2012, 15:00 (in 6 days)

Venue Cliftonhill, Coatbridge

Previous Meeting Stranraer 0-2 Albion Rovers (26.11.2011)

Weather Forecast Breezy 13°C

with Stranaer on a run of 21games without a win, am looking to take all 3points, and Stranraer havn't beat us since 21/2/09, which is a run of 10 games.

Fixtures & Results

04.02 H Queen of Sth 0 : 2

11.02 A Ross County 1 : 2

18.02 H Stranraer SD2

25.02 A East Stirling SD2

03.03 H Clyde SD2

10.03 A Montrose SD2

Competitions

Bell's League Division Two 3rd (Possible Finish: 1st-9th)

Tennent's Scottish Cup 3rd Rnd

CIS Cup 2nd Rnd

Bell's Scottish League Challenge Cup Winners (v Gretna)

am falling behind Stirling, now 12 points adrift, looks like another season in the play-offs, just need to keep one eye on Airdrie

1st Stirling 25 +38 60

2nd Ross County 25 +18 51

3rd Albion Rovers 25 +18 48

4th Clyde 25 +7 44

5th Airdrie Utd 25 +7 40

6th Montrose 25 -4 30

7th Queen of Sth 25 -9 26

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer Mark Peters (20)

Most Assists Two players (10)

Man Of Match Scott Friel (5)

Yellow Cards Andy Selkirk (6)

Red Cards Two players (1)

Average Rating Scott Friel (7.48)

Team Stats

Matches Played 34

Goals Scored 60 (1.8)

Goals Conceded 34 (1.0)

Yellow Cards 42 (1.2)

Red Cards 2 (0.1)

Average Attendance 652

elgin.jpg

After 5 years in the job and finishing 2nd in the previous 2 seasons and loseing playoff finals back to back, Manager Andrew Bannister took Elgin into the scotish 2nd division as champions for the first time in the clubs history..Chairman Derek Shewan told the local press that he was delighted with his manager and told him he could go down in the clubs history as possibly the best manager to ever grace Borough Briggs.Shewan also stated that the clubs has plans to improve training facilities and with an excellent cub run last season finances are good and a pleasing transfer budget will be given to the manager to strenghted the squad for next season..The clubs wage budget has also be increased which will enable the manager to keep the clubs star players like gary woods who won 3rd player of the year for the 2nd year running..

Shewan also stated that he is very confident that the squad is good enough to keep Elgin in the 2nd Division and with a couple of shrewed buys maybe exceed all expectations and go into the 1st Div..At the point the reporter smirked at Shewan who then asked him do you think that funny \o/..Impossible said the reporter..

albion.jpg

dr2logo.gif

Yet again

another season in the Scottish 2nd for Orr and Albion Rovers, after four straights defeats in the play-offs, with Orr being linked with Dundee and Morton its surely only a matter of time before Orr moves up to div 1 with or without the wee Rovers.

Transfers in

10.6.2011 Vähä-pesola, Petri Dundee Utd £1K

1.7.2011 Twaddle, Marc Stenhousemuir Free

25.7.2011 Simpson, Ben Free Transfer Free

26.7.2011 Noble, Jim Free Transfer Free

28.7.2011 Gardiner, Dean Free Transfer Free

29.7.2011 McLean, John Free Transfer Free

16.8.2011 Svensson, Michael Plymouth £1K

30.8.2011 McAdie, Richard Alloa £0

16.12.2011 Robertson, Peter Free Transfer Free

16.12.2011 Turner, Mark Free Transfer Free

1.1.2012 O'Brien, Jim Moor Green £50K

8.1.2012 Dobson, Jason Windsor & Eton £50K

13.1.2012 McDonald, Kevin Vauxhall Motors £65K

14.1.2012 McClory-Cuthbertson, T.J. Ayr £1K

18.1.2012 McMenamin, Chris Worksop £90K

29.1.2012 Mikaelson, Tobias Lard Morton £1K

Total £250K

Petri Vähä-pesola signed from Dundee Utd, has played more times for Finland than Albion Rovers, should be sold soon.

Marc Twaddle make 25apps after joining from Stenhousemuir on a free.

Micheal Svensson signed from Plymouth for £1k, played 5 times in 1st team, plans to retire soon, now part of the coaching staff.

Jim O'brien former Celtic Youth player signed for £50k from Moor Green, has started to push his way into the 1st team.

Tobias Lard Mikaelson signed from Morton for £1k, already a fans fav.

Transfers out

1.7.2011 Bacon, Danny Brentford £2K

1.7.2011 Farrell, Steve Barnsley Free

1.7.2011 Wilson, Michael Cheltenham Free

1.7.2011 McInulty, Sean Oxford Free

1.7.2011 Creer, Allan Free Transfer Free

2.7.2011 Fleming, Garry Free Transfer Free

8.7.2011 Black, Danny Free Transfer Free

13.8.2011 Keepance, Andy Crewe £950K

31.8.2011 Scott, David Alloa £35K

1.1.2012 Evans, Andy Stirling £10K

4.1.2012 Dance, James Boston Utd £2K

30.1.2012 Moran, Kyle Woking Free

Total £1M

Andy Keepance the record club fee paid/sold, now applying his trade at Crewe

Results

us 1st

League Div2

Brechin 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 3-1

Clyde 3-1, 0-1, 0-2, 4-2

East Stirling 2-0, 3-2, 1-1, 2-1

Ross Country 2-3, 3-0, 1-2, 4-0

Airdrie 1-0, 2-2, 1-0, 1-1

Montrose 1-0, 1-3, 1-0, 2-0

Stirling 0-2, 1-1, 1-1, 1-0

Stranraer 5-1, 2-0, 2-0, 1-1

Queen of South 2-1, 1-0, 0-2, 0-2

Play off S/f

Clyde 0-1, 0-0

Bell's Challenge Cup

1st rd East Stirling 1-0

2nd Rd Ayr utd 6-2

3rd Rd Clyde 1-1 won on pens

S/F Dundde Utd 2-1

Final Gretna 3-1

League Cup

1st Rd QoS 3-0

2nd Rd Dundee Utd 0-2

Scottish Cup

2nd Rd Alloa 2-0

3rd Rd Rangers 0-3

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer

Mark Peters29 (20 league +9 cup)

si%20forum%20banner.JPG

the current line up

who will be doing battle in the 8th season

2012/13

Bell's League Division One

Steven Plumb

queenspark.jpg

Robert McDougall

stirling4vk.png

Taavi Hinno

eaststirling.jpg

Davie Orr

albion.jpg

Orhun Ozdemir

montrose.jpg

Marty Singer

qosfc16vy.png

Andy Bannister

elgin.jpg

Bell's League Division Three

David McGowan

stenhousemuir.jpg

Jim Barclay

berwick.jpg

Ed Reyonlds

cowdenbeath.jpg

Emir Karakurt

forfar.JPG

with two players in the 1st could this be the season someone gets to the promise land??

i said this last time and look what happened icon_biggrin.gif

Stewart Roberston and Simon Hay have both left the clan.

Stewart Roberston aka Sav still plays with the EUC, but all at the SSC hopes his BF2 disc snaps soon, as he's sadly missed.

Simon Hay on the other hand we seem to have lost touch with him, get in touch mate icon14.gif

do we have spaces???

well yes apply here

no more Fat Rics rejects please, I've got 2 and thats enough icon_biggrin.gif (only joking)

stenhousemuir.jpg

Season 2011/2012

With the main man being absent on Sunday, it was up to Assistant Manager Stevie Woods to take the task of guiding Stenny into a possible play-off spot. He did very well it would seem, after finishing in 5th place, only 1 point behind Berwick and 2 behind Forfar so with another win we would have made it into a play-off spot, but it was not to be.

After board expectations of not finishing bottom of the league, it's been a very good season for Stenny finishing 5th and hopefully we can get a good few signings in the door and push for a top 4 finish next year and maybe finally promotion.

We, as usual, did poorly in the cups with the following record.

Bell's Challenge Cup : 1st Round

CIS Cup : 1st Round

Scottish Cup : 2nd Round

We didn't getting thrashed in any of these cup games, so it was no big deal going out early in all though it would be nice to get further in one of them next season.

The following players left the club at the end of the season.

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2012 | Roberts, John | Exeter | Free |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2012 | Finlayson, Kevin | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2012 | Martin, Kevin | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2012 | Clark, Luke | Free Transfer | Free |

| 4.7.2012 | McGregor, Darren | Free Transfer | Free |

| 8.7.2012 | Lewis, Ieuan | Free Transfer | Free |

| 8.7.2012 | Richardson, Gary | Free Transfer | Free |

| 8.7.2012 | Connolly, Aidan | Free Transfer | Free |

| 15.7.2012 | Sagar, Joe | Forfar | £80K |

Getting 80k for Joe Sagar was good business as he had fell out of the first team this season for Peter Logan. John Roberts had played in plenty of games last season, but hadn't been up to standard. The rest of them only made a handful of appearances in the past year, so it was best to get them of the wage bill anyways.

I doubt anymore will be leaving as the squad is very thin just now so we'll need to bring a good few players in before anyone else is released or sold.

We have a very nice bank balance of 765k just now but the board are only releasing 132k of that for the transfer budget, which is still alrite. We'll bring in a few free agents this year as usual but for a change I'll be looking to get rid of that cash that's burning a hole in my pocket.

That will be our short term goals then, get a few decent signings in before the end of August then a long term goal of Promotion in the next 2 years \o/.

That's not too much to hope for, surely?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">no more Fat Rics rejects please, I've got 2 and thats enough </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's it, no more porn mags sent especially from Glesga for you, auld man. icon_mad.gif

[<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">no more Fat Rics rejects please, I've got 2 and thats enough </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's it, no more porn mags sent especially from Glesga for you, auld man. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

am sorry, plus that ain't fair, using my love of Scottish porn against me icon13.gif

bints in kilts (the east ends finest) icon_biggrin.gif

si%20forum%20banner.JPG

Kick off 18:00gmt tomorrow

just remember drag the tv closer for the World Cup, check the BBC website and watch it onlineeeeeeeee .

lads 2nd round of the correct scores challenge is about to start, those who entered and fancy playing on, enter now. Play

albion.jpg

Next Match

Opponent Montrose (O Ozdemir)

Competition Bell's League Division Two

Date Wed, 3.10.2012, 19:30 (in 4 days)

Venue Cliftonhill, Coatbridge

Previous Meeting Montrose 0-2 Albion Rovers (10.3.2012)

Weather Forecast Dry 9°C

I shall be looking to get back on winning ways with my game in hand and go back top, my track record against Montrose is nearly 50/50

from 22 games I've won 9 drew 4 lost 9 GF 21 Ga 21. time to win my tenth game against montrose icon_wink.gif

Fixtures & Results

19.09 H Aberdeen 1 : 0

22.09 A Elgin 0 : 1

25.09 A Gretna 1 : 4

29.09 A Clyde 2 : 2

03.10 H Montrose SD2

13.10 H Peterhead SD2

20.10 A Ross County SD2

27.10 H Queen of Sth SD2

after beating Aberdeen in the league cup 3rd Rd, I've fail to win any of my next 3 games, which also saw us get kicked out the S/F of Challenge Cup by Gretna, so back to back Challenge cup winners, won't be happening this season, maybe in two seasons time.

Competitions

Bell's League Division Two 3rd (Possible Finish: 1st-10th)

Tennent's Scottish Cup Not entered yet

CIS Cup Qtr Final (v Kilmarnock) (new club record, having never been this far)

Bell's Scottish League Challenge Cup Semi Final

1st Clyde 9 +5 17

2nd Airdrie Utd 9 +4 16

3rd Albion Rovers 8 +10 15

4th Ross County 9 +2 14

5th Peterhead 9 -5 13

6th Queen of Sth 9 +2 12

7th Montrose 8 -3 12

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer Mark Peters (10)

Most Assists Two players (4)

Man Of Match Two players (2)

Yellow Cards Ian O'Brien (4)

Red Cards -

Average Rating Scott Friel (7.50)

Peters is now 7 shy of equalling the club record of most league goals which stands at 42.

Scott Freil who the current most apps for the club on 251 is having a outstanding season.

Team Stats

Matches Played 15

Goals Scored 27 (1.8)

Goals Conceded 12 (0.8)

Yellow Cards 19 (1.3)

Red Cards -

Average Attendance 1061

over all i feel this has to be our season where we walk into the 1st.

Media

dr2logo.gif

" i know this ain't gonna be easy, but I've got a huge squad of young players, all raring to go"

Davie Orr on the size of his squad

The-Scottish-Sun-logo-new.jpg

"beating the sheep, er Aberdeen was my greatest moment ever"

David Orr slipping up.

"do we have to hand back the Challenge Cup, can't we say someone from Airdrie youth team nicked it?"

a gutted Orr after the defeat by gretna in Challenge Cup Semi-Final

si%20forum%20banner.JPG

Lastest Leagues after Sundays session

Scottish 1st

Scottish 2nd

Scottish 3rd

we are looking for some new blood, to join us.

please bear in mind this is a LLM game.

where on our 8th season as well, and you will be starting in the Scottish 3rd.

no time wasters please.

one last thing you don't have to be Scottish to play.

just along as your willing to have no money and have a crap team with no fans icon14.gif

dumbarton6bp.jpg

There was shock news today, as Dumbarton FC announce the sacking of manager Paul Evans, and immediatly named his replacement, Steven Rooney.

Upon his arrival, Rooney quickly proclaimed to bring "sexy football" back to the Strathclyde Homes Stadium, at which point a fan pointed out that there had never ever been anything remotely sexy about the football Dumbarton had played in the past, so it would be hard to bring it back.....

Rooney was also quick to promise success, and has proved already to be a shrewd manager, taking "The Sons" from 6th to joint 1st in the Scottish 3rd Division, with a 6 win run in the middle of all that.

When questioned about his recent success, and any links to the members of his family involved in the recent match-fixing allegations in Italy, Rooney would only comment that "I dont have enough money in the world to pay someone to lose Dumbarton..... it's just too embarassing."

Rooney then went on to say he felt that with 1 or 2 astute signings, his team should be there or thereabouts come the end of the season when the prizes are handed out.

Only time will tell.....

albion.jpg

At last we're leading the pack

It's took Orr almost 5 seasons to build a team that can hold a lead at the top of the league.

with 12 games left to play and 2 points clear. and on a run of 13 games without defeat in the league, and also kept 5 clean sheets in there last 5 matches, surely this time Orr can hold his nerve and take Albion Rovers to the next level division one??

only the next 12 games can tell us this.

Competitions

Bell's League Division Two 1st (Possible Finish: 1st-9th)

Tennent's Scottish Cup 2nd Rnd

CIS Cup Qtr Final

Bell's Scottish League Challenge Cup Semi Final

1st Albion Rovers 24 +28 52

2nd Ross County 24 +27 50

3rd Airdrie Utd 24 +12 43

4th Clyde 24 +6 40

5th East Stirling 24 +3 31

6th Queen of Sth 24 -1 31

7th Elgin 24 -9 29

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer Mark Peters (17)

Most Assists Two players (7)

Man Of Match Four players (3)

Yellow Cards Nicky Riley (6)

Red Cards -

Average Rating Scott Friel (7.41)

Mark Peters is still on fire with 17 goals in 31 games (league apps 22 gls 12) and needs 3 more league goals to be Albion Rovers all time league goal scorer with 43.

Team Stats

Matches Played 34

Goals Scored 60 (1.8)

Goals Conceded 23 (0.7)

Yellow Cards 35 (1.0)

Red Cards -

Average Attendance 798

Media

41409.png

Peterhead have offered the Albion Rovers boss Davie Orr the job of guiding them back to division one.

but he's turn them back quoting " am top with the Wee Rovers aiming for the 1st why the hell would i want to drop to 9th and be in a dog fight, I know the money offered for transfers was out of this world, but I've got money at Albion Rovers, but at this level is hard to bring in the sort of players you want, I've spend 5 seasons building my team and now i can see the light, last thing i want to do is stay in hell".

we'll see on the 23rd of this month (feb) when we meet, what a mistake you have made.

The Peterhead chairman Roger Morrison was sad at the thou that Orr has refused to talk with us as well. " am deeply sad, that Davie has refused to speak with us, i guess our search goes on"

000576D0-0318-1181-ACEC80C328EC0000.gif

"Yes i was offered, but am still here so why you bugging me" Orr telling us he's staying, after Peterheads job offer.

stenhousemuir.jpg

The season so far...

It's not been good. After Sunday's session (ending on 26th January) we sit 9th in the Scottish Third Divison and out of every cup competition. Players brought in pre-season are as follows.

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| 5.8.2012 | Hilland, Paul | East Stirling | £1K |

| 5.8.2012 | Smith, Darren | Radcliffe Boro | £20K |

| 7.8.2012 | Brown, Daniel | Radcliffe Boro | £18K |

| 11.8.2012 | Gibb, Scott | Cowdenbeath | Free |

| 19.8.2012 | Lowe, Stuart | Dumbarton | £4K |

| | Total | | £43K |

We had the money to spend and brought in whoever was willing to come but none of the new lot has really set the heather on fire. Left back Paul Hilland has been solid in a lot of games but average in others, rather inconsistent then. Smith was a good signing and probably the best of the bunch. So far he has made 21 appearances, scoring once and making 2 assists. Brown was yet another in a long line of flops on the right wing. It's been a problem position and we will have to get it sorted soon. Scott Gibb had a good start to his Stenny career but has since fell away and been dropped. Stuart Lowe has done well for his age, only 17, and is one for the future.

Our first competetive game this season was a 4-2 defeat to East Sirling in the Challenge Cup. We made up for this however, in the CIS Cup 1st round by beating Peterhead 1-0. We were then thrashed by Motherwell at Fir Park 6-0 in the next round, an expected defeat and we did well from the gate receipts.

We have generally been an inconsistent team this season, with no real run of good form. Had some good wins before the Christmas period, beating Forfar 3-2 and also a 3-1 over Dumbarton ( that one for King Billy icon_wink.gif). Both are high flying teams and just shows that we can get a good result if we put our minds to it. Airdrie dumped us out of the Scottish Cup aswell as we went down 2-0 at home.

The New Year

Things took a horrible turn for the worse in January, in our first game we suffered our biggest defeat in the league in recent memory. Station Park, Forfar was the scene of the 6-1 arse-handing exercise that Forfar gave to us. Terrible, terrible performance, the less said about it the better. Next up was a lucky Alloa side taking 3 points from us at home, thanks to a 2-0 win. Moving swiftly on... icon_frown.gif

Next up was an excellent performance away to Arbroath that saw us come from a goal behind and win 2-1. Well deserved victory for us and Liam Maloney was fantastic, picking up the man of the match award. Meanwhile, Stenny secured the loan signings of Joe White and Andy Parker until the end of the season, 2 young boys part of Davie Orr's slave labour scheme up at Albion Rovers. They made there debuts in the final game of the night, a 2-0 win over Berwick. Both of them were fantastic, Joe White scored both goals and Parker was a rock at the back throughout.

These young lads could possibly be the light at the end of the tunnel for us and half way through the season, we still harbour outside hopes of finishing in a play-off spot. Although in 9th, we are only 10 points behind 4th place and there is no miracle needed to climb up the table – we can do it with a bit of luck here and there.

Mon Stenny !

Archived