Ever had a son?

Yup, took over 1000 resets though.

He was ok, was average EPL level, so I had to retrain his position to give him regular game time, as he was a liability at LB. Turned him into a AMC and one season he scored 18 goals albeit 15 of them were penalties lol.

Scored in 2 Champions League finals though which was awesome.

I had one on my first FM14 save. His name was Zach and he was barely ok. I brought him to almost every club with me and gave him game time. The save ended with him being my assistant manager at a team in Hungary at which point I downed tools as I felt empty.

I miss that save. I didn't realise it was such an utterly rare occurence so now I wish I could go back and relive some of it :(

I feel sad now.

I had one on my first FM14 save. His name was Zach and he was barely ok. I brought him to almost every club with me and gave him game time. The save ended with him being my assistant manager at a team in Hungary at which point I downed tools as I felt empty.

:thup:Never thought he could devolop later on as backroom staff. Great story! I can understand why you miss that save though, seems awesome!

Currently in 2026/27 on Fm14 and looking back at youth intake it seems I did but was deemed not good enough for my squad so he was released without my knowing who he was, now he is no longer part of the game :( On the plus side I have a couple of players reaching retirement age having been with my for more than 10 years (I am playing FMC) so will unlock it for me.

:thup:Never thought he could devolop later on as backroom staff. Great story! I can understand why you miss that save though, seems awesome!

Yeah, I kind of wish I could get it back, then I'd retire, create a new manager and see how Zach went after being my Assman... but agh, so annoying. It was a cool save. I don't think I'll ever have such a good one; maybe it's ruined FM! I sort of wish having a son was slightly more probable than it is!!!

I have never got far enough to have a son in game but, just out of curiosity, I will create my eldest and age him 4yrs (he is only 10) and put him at the team he actually plays for in real life with a completely random potential just to see how he does.

I had a son when managing TP-47 in Finland on FM2009. I left TP-47 to go to Lazio, and took him with me. He was awful, but cost next to nothing, and I quite fancied indulging in a bit of nepotism. Despite never being picked for the first team, he never complained.

I've gone back to my Rijnsburgse Boys save where I have a son generated - Connor Page. He's a big strapping centre back who is now 27 and has made 400+ Eredivisie appearances as he's been ever present. He's not world class, but he is a very solid centre back. He opted for Holland over England and has got 60+ caps, of which only the last 10 or so were with me while he scored a goal in the World Cup final vs Iran. I want to see out his career!

Archived