Help with Wrexham

I apologise in advance if anyone considers this a waste of time, because I'm not actually buying the game. I couldn't play 14, and I definitely can't play 15. But, I'm curious.....

Playing as Wrexham in the Vanarama Conference. Played 5 won 1 drawn 1 lost 4.

Playing 4-4-2, control. Also tried attack and counter

Retain Possession, Short Passing, Close Down More, Stay on Feet, Higher Tempo, Float Crosses, Exploit the Flanks. Also tried Direct Passing, Standing Off, Lower Tempo, and Whip Crosses in various combinations.

Fullbacks both on Support, central defenders on defend. Also tried Fullbacks on Attack

Wingers Attacking. Also tried Wide Mids, or one as an Inside Forward. Tried Support as well

A BWM (Sup) and a DLP (Defend). Also tried a DLP (Defend) and a standard CM with Closing down and Hard Tackling to replicate the BWM without the role

A DLF and Advanced Forward, both on Attack. I've also tried a Defensive Forward, an AMC and a Shadow Striker on Attack or Support.

Result? 7 of 9 defenders out injured, most of them in a match. All losses from a winning position. A goal chalked off for offside EVERY match. Woodwork struck at least three times every game. The win coming from a pen and an OG, the draw from an OG (mine) And winning goals conceded in extra time EVERY game....penalties, corners, open play.

Unfortunately I won't be able to give feedback, but I would be interested to see what I'm doing wrong (apart from having to play a 16 year old, a striker and a goalkeeper in defence because of injuries).

Archived