Background Images dont work

Hibee07

Graphics question - Why is no background images showing on any skins (inc default skin) that i load.

I have un-ticked the cache etc like on all old fm's. Im on a mac and read a few posts of people having problems on a mac.

Can anyone help?

Graphics question - Why is no background images showing on any skins (inc default skin) that i load.

I have un-ticked the cache etc like on all old fm's. Im on a mac and read a few posts of people having problems on a mac.

Can anyone help?

i'm the same on pc version,tried all sorts

Can anyone help?

I only use them on matchday and before the last beta update at the weekend they worked, seems like they changed the opacity on the skin because I can see they're there but the boxes are too dark.

Backgrounds are working fine for me in the demo, ensure you have installed them correctly instructions are in the stickied threads.

If you want to increase the transparency of the background overlay you'll need to edit the transparency of the paper.png file located in this folder for your skin:

graphics/boxes/custom/background/

If that folder location doesn't exist for the skin you are using create those folders and inside create a 35x35 pixel plain red png file with the level of transparency you want and save it as paper.png.

If you are using the default skins then you will need to download the Base Skin, and use that after doing the above steps.

Backgrounds are working fine for me in the demo, ensure you have installed them correctly instructions are in the stickied threads.

If you want to increase the transparency of the background overlay you'll need to edit the transparency of the paper.png file located in this folder for your skin:

graphics/boxes/custom/background/

If that folder location doesn't exist for the skin you are using create those folders and inside create a 35x35 pixel plain red png file with the level of transparency you want and save it as paper.png.

If you are using the default skins then you will need to download the Base Skin, and use that after doing the above steps.

I can see the backgrounds are there just under the split screen box (below).

Backgrounds_zpsca2b98d9.jpg

The yellow box is where you can see the backgrounds are there. The red box this is the bit I need help with, is there a way to edit just this box so I can see the backgrounds?

So I've created what you said (think I've done it right) but its still the same as before.

Background2_zpsb8119054.png

Sorry if I'm been clueless geezer, I know to install graphics but when it comes to editing/creating folders and stuff I haven't got a clue what I'm doing.

When creating the paper.png image you need to give it the level of transparency you want, you cannot use MS Paint to create the image as it doesn't support transparent images, try http://www.getpaint.net/ which is a free alternative to paint that does support transparent images. (In paint.net goto layers -> layer properties and adjust the opacity level until you are happy). You may need to re-edit the image until you get a level you are happy with.

right solved this. have to go into user interface and change from GPU to software rendering and boom

Awesome! This solved my issue of backgrounds not showing for my own club (e.g. inbox, squad screen, club overview) even though they were showing for other clubs.

Archived