The Ultimate Football Manager

NormandyWept -- you didn't alter your "scoreboard" at the bottom of your update to list your completion of the international side. You are still showing 4/5 on the Continentals. :)

Good spot! I quoted a previous club update, and so missed the international update which had happened since. I'll update with a quick edit now!

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i had well and truly fell out of love with this game in Russia..I think it was a mistake to settle for Lokomotiv as I think that I could have got a better job had i been patient. Turned the game on for the first time in a couple of weeks and it was transfer deadline day at the start of the season, and the board refused to give me any money, i leaked it to the press and they sacked me.

I'm kinda happy.

Will just look after Ghana until the World cup in 2022. Hopefully I will be more patient next time when it comes to club jobs. I hope that i persevere with this save as i really like this challenge and this community we have going.

Well i had well and truly fell out of love with this game in Russia..I think it was a mistake to settle for Lokomotiv as I think that I could have got a better job had i been patient. Turned the game on for the first time in a couple of weeks and it was transfer deadline day at the start of the season, and the board refused to give me any money, i leaked it to the press and they sacked me.

I'm kinda happy.

Will just look after Ghana until the World cup in 2022. Hopefully I will be more patient next time when it comes to club jobs. I hope that i persevere with this save as i really like this challenge and this community we have going.

Even if you feel you need to start a new save, don't think the community won't still support you. I've had to restart on a few occasions, and if anything, the community has been MORE supportive. And I'm absolutely loving my save and the level of immersion I have with it now.

No matter what you do, we will be here to support you! Best of luck whatever you decide!

Feeling a bit bored here at the moment, playing in Mexico is perhaps the most boring league I have played so far.

What are your thought on the best/poorest league or most/least fun?

My experience is that unlike most others I really enjoy Brazil, and wish I "could" have stayed there longer. I also enjoy club football far more than international football. But now I am trying out my luck again with Paraguay this time, trying to save their qualification to World Cup, and then hopefully have a shot at the next Copa America.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer, but not giving up this challenge. Miss updates from guys like burtur a lot.

For me, its certainly difficult keeping committed to the challenge, because inevitably there will be times when you will enjoy a league / team less than a prior one. Its a marathon, and some parts of the course are through quicksand. Not feeling the love for my save at the moment. After Dortmund, Barcelona and AC Milan, I took a job at recent surprise champions Sochaux, but they're still a small club and hard to improve. With the above three clubs I adopted a slightly different (and more skill-dependant) tactic, and maybe my new guys simply aren't up to playing like Barca and Holland. It's troubling that my best central defender is a Dutch guy who almost never got into the squad even when he was younger and central defence was our Achilles heel. I hope that PSG have a vacancy soon and rescue me.

For me, its certainly difficult keeping committed to the challenge, because inevitably there will be times when you will enjoy a league / team less than a prior one. Its a marathon, and some parts of the course are through quicksand. Not feeling the love for my save at the moment. After Dortmund, Barcelona and AC Milan, I took a job at recent surprise champions Sochaux, but they're still a small club and hard to improve. With the above three clubs I adopted a slightly different (and more skill-dependant) tactic, and maybe my new guys simply aren't up to playing like Barca and Holland. It's troubling that my best central defender is a Dutch guy who almost never got into the squad even when he was younger and central defence was our Achilles heel. I hope that PSG have a vacancy soon and rescue me.

PSG will rescue in most cases, so keep my fingers crossed for you to get a job there. America (MEX) could be a good club to manage , they are one of 2-3 clubs in Mexico that are the best, but still Mexican league doesnt intruige me, and ofcourse the playing material compared to Man.City/PSG , but also Corinthians had some really nice players.

Hope after this season to tick off N.A.Champions League, and move back to Europe.

December 19, 2017

SheffieldUnited_zpslwng2kox.png

The American Werewolf in Football, Jason Jackson, will continue his career with Sheffield United and hopefully ride that Royal House of Saud capital right back into the Premier League. I was given a £1.3M transfer budget to use in the upcoming January transfer window, with thoughts of a possible Sky Bet Championship title on our minds. We are in third place, but ten points off of the top spot. Obviously, I'm more concerned with getting us promoted and getting us to the financial promised land of the BPL, but we've got to put together a solid rest of the campaign to do so. The former manager, Karl Robinson left to take over ninth-placed Watford, also in the Championship. Unless Robinson didn't get along with the Board of Directors, it is kind of a head-scratcher. But hey, his loss is my gain.

It is so nice to actually move to a club with a very positive balance, as we currently have a club balance of £8,417,580 upon taking over the club. I'm very, very excited to take over at Sheffield United! As part of the requests to the board in the job interview, they agreed to upgrade our youth facilities and our junior coaching levels, as we are building through youth as part of our vision. Nice to work with executives that understand to build through youth, you MUST invest in your youth setup! Our youth facilities were already classified as "Good", so you can see they are taking winning seriously here!

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Season 2024/25 – America (MEX) / Paraguay

As mentioned before I won the Mexican league already in the Apertura Stage, but there was no good club to change for mid-season, and I was still to complete the N.A.Champions League, so it had to be a full season in Mexico.

Board expectations was a mess to look at with messages going for winning everything, but also mid-position position and quarter final, I didn't bother I wanted to win it all anyway.

I bought in a know player for me , Paulo from Corinthians to strengthen the midfield as we seemed to get a lot of injuries there, and also got a new physio that helped to some extent. The league stage of the Clausura went really well, winning 16 out of 17 games only loosing away to Santos Laguna. In the N.A.Champions League, we got DC United in the quarter final. A 2-0 win away was followed up by 3-1 at home, and total 5-1 aggregate score.

In the semi final we got main rival Monterrey from Mexico. We only managed a 1-1 draw away after both teams had a sending off. I felt a bit unsure for the first time before the return game at home, as we had 3 players missing the game due to suspensions. But 2 early goals secured a place in the final after 3-1 on aggregate to face Toluca. In the final itself we made everything easy for ourselves. Played at home in the first leg, and racked up 4 goals in the first 25 minutes. Eventually winning 5-1 at home and 2-1 away. 7-2 on aggregate and we where Champions League winners.

In the Clausura Playoffs we got Santos Laguna in the quarter final. The only team that beat us in the league stage, and we lost the away game again by 3-5. But winning 6-0 at home gave us a comfortable win in the end 9-5 on aggregate. Semi final against Chivas, and another defeat away by 0-1. 3-0 at home did the job though, and another final against Toluca. This time it was more closely contested we played 2-2 away and only won 1-0 at home to take the Clausura final by 3-2 on aggregate.

Star players:

Top goalscorer: Alan Pulido - 52 goals

Top performer: Jorge Arturo Bello - 7,88 Av.r.

Top assists: Javier Campos - 33 assists

Next up will be to try to find a European club again, hopefully in Germany or Spain as I need those nations, but Portugal could be fun also for the "tenth nation" needed.

I also got a job with Paraguay in february , they where 61st in the world rankings, and sitting in 6th position in the World Cup qualifying stage of South America. 7 games to go and we needed 5th position to secure playoffs or 4th for direct qualification. So far have only played 2 games, a 6-3 win at home to Uruguay, and a 3-3 draw away to Chile. This has brought us up to 40th position in the world rankings and 5th in the qualifying group.

--------------------------------------------

Challenges completed:

Club

5/10 top domestic leagues (Brazil,Italy,England,France, Mexico (Apertura/Clausura))

5/10 domestic cups (Italy,English FA, English League Cup, French League Cup, Brazil)

3/5 club continental championships (Europe, S.America, N.America)

1/1 club world championship (with Roma)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa)

1/2 world tournaments (World Cup with France)

9 minor Trophies: FA Trophy (England), League Two (England), Johnstone Paint Trophy (England), Italian Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, European Nations League, French Champions Trophy, Europa League, Sao Paulo State Championship

Competitions won more than once: UEFA Champions League won twice (Roma 2 times). Brazilian Serie A won twice (International and Corinthians), Mexican League won both Apertura and Clausura (America MEX)

---------------------------------------------

Managerial career clubs:

2014/15 Bristol Rovers Played in Vanarama Conference, took over at 18th position, won FA Trophy, quarter final of Johnstone PT, reach 1st round proper of FA Cup. Finished 2nd in Vanarama Conference and got promoted. Manager of the month in Vanarama Conference 3 times.

2015/16 Bristol Rovers Played in League two, league winners, promoted (obviously), won Johnstone PT, reached 3rd round proper of FA Cup, and 1st round of League Cup. Left club at end of season. Manager of the year in League Two, Manager of the month in League Two 4 times.

2016/17 Brighton Played in Championship for the whole season, finished 2nd, reached 6th round of FA-Cup and 2nd round of League Cup, promoted. Manager of the year in Championship.

2017/18 Brighton Played in Premier League, left the club in march sitting in 11th position and knocked out of FA-Cup in 4th round and League Cup in 4th round, club finished 8th in Premier League with new manager.

2017/18 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, took over club in march at 8th position and already out of DFB Pokal, finished 6th but was banned from Europa League due to failing FFP.

2018/19 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, finished 2nd in the league to Schalke 04, but lost in the 3rd round of DFB Pokal to Dortmund. Left the club at the end of the season.

2019 Internacional Played in Brazilian Serie A. Took over after 7 games in 12th position, won the league (first club landmark), was already out of the cup, and lost in 2nd Preliminary round of Copa Sudamericana. Manager of the year in Brazilian Serie A.

2019/20 Roma Played in Serie A, took over in 13th and finished 2nd to Juventus, lost the TIM Cup final to Juventus, won UEFA Champions League. (second club landmark)

2020/21 Roma Played in Serie A, won the league (third club landmark), TIM Cup (fourth club landmark), Italian Super Cup, UEFA Champions League and Club World Championship (fifth club landmark), but lost Euro Super Cup to Arsenal. Manager of the year Serie A.

2021/22 Man.City Played in Premier League, won the league (sixth club landmark), FA-Cup (seventh club landmark), League Cup (eight club landmark), Euro Sup Cup, but lost the Champions League final on penalties to Chelsea. Manager of the year in Premier League, manager of the month 6 times.

2022/23 Paris SG Played in French Ligue 1, won the league (ninth club landmark), won French League Cup (tenth club landmark), lost 10th round of French Cup, knocked out in group stage of Champions League, but won Europa League, won Champions Trophy in France.

2023 Corinthians Played in Brazilian Serie A, took over in 5th, won the league, won the cup (eleventh club landmark), lost in quarter finals of Copa Libertadores.

2024 Corinthians Played in Sao Paulo State Championship, won the State Championship, won Copa Libertadores (twelfth club landmark), left the club in Brazilian Serie A as virtual league leaders after 8 games.

2024/25 America (MEX), Played in Liga MX, took over in Apertura Stage with 5 games to go in 2nd position. Won the Apertura League and the Apertura Playoffs (thirteenth club landmark). Won the Clausura League and Clausura Playoffs. Won the North American Champions League (fourteenth club landmark). Left the club at end of season.

Managerial career national teams:

2017 Ivory Coast Took over in march after nation had being knocked out at group stage of African Nations. Qualified easily for World Cup.

2018 Ivory Coast Took just 1 point in group stage of World Cup. Qualified easily for African Nations.

2019 Ivory Coast Won African Nations (first national landmark) then resigned from the job.

2020 France Took over in july after nation had being knocked out in 2nd round of UEFA Euro Nations. Won group stage of Nations League.

2021 France Won Nations League, qualified for World Cup with maximum points.

2022 France Won World Cup (second national landmark)

2022 Brazil lost Superclassico de Americas

2023 Brazil lost in quarter finals of Copa America, sacked.

2024 France joined but resigned without playing any games.

2025 Paraguay joined in 6th position of World Cup Qualifying, played 2 games currently in 5th position. Joined at 62nd position of World Rankings.

After steering Ghana to 5th in the World Rankings, and top pot in the World Cup draw, I was confident of an easy draw. I didn't get it.

I got Chile (12th), Holland (16th) and Australia (34th) and that's the order of the fixtures aswell.

Board expects me to qualify for the second round. You never know what could happen.

Season 2065/66 - Lazio

wgDsc1D.png

League | Schedule Part 1 & Part 2

Another year treading water at Lazio. We are progressing: early-season form in particular suggested that we would substantially improve our finish, and whilst 9th isn't a significant improvement, the overall play was much better.

I'd still jump at the chance to take a top job, but with my manager this old I feel it's better not to spend ages holidaying, and I'll see if we can sneak a Cup with Lazio as I continue to try and improve their fortunes.

Challenge Progress

Club

5/10 top domestic leagues (ARG, FRA, IND, KOR, USA)

6/10 domestic cups (AUS, BRA, FRA, IND, KOR, MEX)

4/5 club continental championships (Africa, Asia, N.Am., S.Am.)

1/1 club world championship

International

5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Asia, Europe, N.Am., S.Am.)

2/2 world tournaments (WC, Confed.)

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  RSA  Ajax CT        12th                                     Took over with 3 games remaining, in 15th
2015/16  RSA  Ajax CT                         R2   R1                 Sacked after 16 games, in 16th
2016/17  AUS  Wanderers       6th             QF
2017/18  AUS  Wanderers                       won                     Sacked after 22 games, in 10th
2018/19  IND  Dempo                           GS                      Sacked after 19 games, in 11th
2019/20  IND  Bengaluru       6th             SF   F
2020/21  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F
2021/22  IND  Bengaluru       1st             GS   won  CC R2
2022/23  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F    CL Q3E
2023/24  IND  Bengaluru                                 CC QF         Resigned after CC QF defeat/before league season
2024     KOR  Jeju            5th             SF
2025     KOR  Jeju            8th             SF
2026     KOR  Jeju            8th             QF
2027     KOR  Jeju                            QF                      Left for Pohang after 32 games, in 7th
2027     KOR  Pohang          5th             won                     Took over with 6 games remaining, in 5th
2028     KOR  Pohang                                    CL GS         Sacked after 16 games, in 5th
2028     KOR  Jeonbuk         5th             SF                      Took over with 20 games remaining, in 7th
2029     KOR  Jeonbuk                         R4                      Sacked after 35 games, in 7th
2030     KOR  Jeju                                                    Left for Wellington after 16 games, in 4th
2030/31  AUS  Wellington     10th
2031/32  AUS  Wellington     10th
2032/33  AUS  Wellington      7th
2033/34  AUS  Wellington                                              Left for Perth after 4 games, in 6th
2033/34  AUS  Perth           9th                                     Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2034/35  AUS  Perth           7th
2035/36  AUS  Perth           5th/SF
2036/37  AUS  Perth                                                   Left for Seoul after 12 games, in 2nd
2037     KOR  Seoul           1st             SF        CL won  3rd
2038/39  MEX  Chivas          6th/SF  3rd/ F  QF  won
2039/40  MEX  Chivas         11th     2nd/QF            CL won
2041     USA  New York        1st/won         R4
2042     BRA  Internacional   5th     1st/won won                     Reached 1,000 games in management
2043     BRA  Internacional           1st/won SF        CL QF         Left for Lanus after 34 national games, in 7th
2044     ARG  Lanus           6th             R5        CS P2E
2045     ARG  Lanus                           R5                      Left for Velez after 15 games, in 11th
2045     ARG  Velez           4th/1st                   CS QF    F    Took over with 14 games remaining, in 1st
2046     ARG  Velez           5th/4th         R7        CL won   won
2047     ARG  Velez           1st             R7        CL QF
2049/50  FRA  Monaco          4th             F   R4    EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2050/51  ITA  Inter           4th             F         EL KR2
2051/52  ITA  Inter                                                   Sacked after 16 games, in 14th
2051/52  ITA  Lazio           8th                                     Took over with 21 games remaining, in 12th
2052/53  ITA  Lazio                                                   Sacked after 5 games, in 17th
2054/55  RSA  Wits           10th                 R1                  Took over with 12 games remaining, in 13th
2055/56  RSA  Wits                            R1  R1    CL won   5th  Left for Valencia after 29 games, in 8th
2056/57  ESP  Valencia        7th             R5        EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2057/58  FRA  Monaco          3rd             SF  F     EL won
2058/59  FRA  Monaco          2nd             SF  R4    EL F
2059/60  FRA  Monaco          1st             won QF    CL R1
2060/61  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL QF
2061/62  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL GS
2062/63  ITA  Roma            3rd             F         EL F          Reached 2,000 games in management
2063/64  ITA  Roma                            QF        CL QF         Resigned after 33 games, in 8th
2064/65  ITA  Lazio          10th             R1
2065/65  ITA  Lazio            9th            QF

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation           FIFA  NL   World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2032  Saudi Arabia      12                           Joined 11th Jul, 29th in FIFA Rankings
2033  Saudi Arabia      25
2034  Saudi Arabia      49         GS
2035  Saudi Arabia                        won        Resigned 4th Feb, 38th in FIFA Rankings
2036  Norway            61   C                       Joined 27th Jul, 54th in FIFA Rankings
2037  Norway            57
2038  Norway            44   B
2039  Norway            39                           Resigned 14th Nov, 39th in FIFA Rankings
2042  Tunisia           36                           Joined 20th Jul, 42nd in FIFA Rankings
2043  Tunisia                             GS         Resigned 27th Jan, 37th in FIFA Rankings
2047  South Africa      22                           Joined 17th Feb, 10th in FIFA Rankings
2048  South Africa      19
2049  South Africa                        won        Resigned 7th Feb, 19th in FIFA Rankings
2049  USA               14                           Joined 1st Aug, 9th in FIFA Rankings
2050  USA               19         GS
2051  USA                                 won        Resigned 30th Jul, 31st in FIFA Rankings
2052  Spain              9                           Joined 21st Jul, 7th in FIFA Rankings
2053  Spain             10  won                      Reached 1,500 games in management
2054  Spain              1         won               Left for Brazil 2nd Aug, 1st in FIFA Rankings
2054  Brazil            14                           Joined 3rd Aug, 13th in FIFA Rankings
2055  Brazil            15                GS
2056  Brazil             2
2057  Brazil             6
2058  Brazil                       R1                Sacked 15th Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2058  Spain              8   A                       Joined 21st Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings
2059  Spain             18
2060  Spain              2                won
2061  Spain                 won                 won  Resigned 9th Jul, 2nd in FIFA Rankings
2062  Brazil             6                           Joined 23rd Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2063  Brazil                              won        Resigned 7th Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings

Wheresmyspacebars Challenge, Take2.

Season 2021/22

new-psg-logo.jpg

Soooooo.

The mighty mighty PSG!

As i said, i left Madrid in a good spot, to look elsewhere (Was actually hopefull for PSG/Bayern or Juventus).

It then turned out, that Low was potentially leaving PSG to take the vacant spot. A week later and it had happened.

PSG was open, i applied and with my credentials, i honestly dont think i was in any point to remotely not get it.

And i did, looking at the team and the league, it was nice to see PSG had won the last 9 League titles (The previous year by a landslide). Somehow though, they hadnt won the Cups in a while, hopefully i could change that.

Ligue 1

After winning 9-1 to OM in the French Champions Trophy, I had to replay them away, a week later.

I walked out 7-0 winners against what is the current 2nd best team in the country.

I then went on to win every game bar 1 loss in the league (Including cups) and pretty much wrapped the league up by christmas.

After Xmas, i kept up the charge and walked out winners by the biggest landslide in the past 3 years.

Raiding Real Madrid for the best RB in the game ATM for £35M and a steal of Ronaldo for a easy £4M (Who scored 34 goals at age 37) early on in the season helped me out a ton.

With Xmas transfers being around and being the richest team in the world (With a £200M++ budget, i brought Raheem Sterling in for a record £140M + £80M clauses to just make my team even more powerful).

So, i walked out with 36W, 1D and a solitary loss, with another big league in my bag.

French Cup

Nothing much to note.

An easy walk through to the final, with no real big teams to play.

I got a 4-0 victory in the final to take a domestic double. (Triple including the shield)

European Champions Cup

So, a championship im not really focusing on anymore (Why do i need to...)

I used this mainly to rest key players (Ronaldo/De Bruyne/Depay) and see what happened.

I walked the group stages.

Then made my way through to the Semi Finals against Barcalona.

After winning 2-1 away, i went into the 2nd tie with a very weak team (With the French Cup final coming up.)

I got destroyed 5-2 at home. Probably my worst result of my career so far and Barcalona knocked us out.

Moving On?

Anyway, after winning the League and Cup with PSG, i left sharpish.

Fortunately (Not sure why it happened) Gelsenkirchen were after a new manager.

After 2 title wins in the last 5 years, (2nd in the other 3) as well as being current champions, i just had to take them on.

The other options i had were mid table italians or a low lvl MLS team.

Anyway, since taking over, ive brought in Ronaldo from PSG for a low price of £1.8Million.

Hopefully i can help them defend the title but we'll see what happens.

Internationals

So, after the last update, i mentioned id managed to swing the Spain Job.

After i started managing in Spain as well, i dont know whether that made any impact but regardless, im happy.

Spain with 5th when i took over, with an aging squad and actually not that many young players that were useful which is surprising.

Anyway, with WC Qualifiers coming up.

I walked them, 9W and a Draw. 50Goals for and only 6 against.

Placed into GroupC with Turkey (15th), Ecuador (17th) and Iran (59th)

It started off with a nice easy game against Iran. I rested a couple of stars and still walked out 6-1 victors.

My next game against Ecuador, i went out all guns blazing and won 6-2 (putting myself and Turkey on 6 points each).

Definitely my hardest game came next. I managed to swing what turnt out badly, going 1-0 down at half time, to win 3-1 and progress.

The main issue? Argentina (Ranked 2nd) had had a bad group stage and was now my opponent in the 2nd round.

Second Round

After going a goal down. Again.

I managed to pull one back before half time and run out 3-1 winners in the end.

My QF game would be against the Mighty Germany.

Quarter Final

Definitely a LOT closer game.

Nothing much to report though. I managed to get an early 1-0 lead and then i decided to go a lot more defensive.

This worked out well and i was through to the SFs against Brazil.

Semi Final

So, this was down to be a close game. For obvious reasons. Its brazil.

At half time, i was getting worried, a lot closer than i had wished but i changed formations to be a bit more offensive and hoped id get a goal with a fresh Diego Costa.

Brazil made it easier, having a player sent off 2 minutes into the 2nd time.

With that, i walked into the final for a clash against fierce Rivals France, who i had 1L and 1D against in my Spain Career.

Final of the World Cup 2022

I went out with what was my strongest, fittest side.

Resting my star player so far (Azpilecuita) as he was down to very low fitness.

It was definitely a very close match.

Honestly, i was so worried. The internationals worry me in this challenge because of how little they come around.

Winning 2-0 in the final is such a big thing for me though and especially with a team like spain.

I was ranked 3rd in terms of winning the tournament and i did have a big big challenge through the KOs but my team did well and im very happy with what happened.

Im going to stick with Spain because obviously i want to win the Confederations Cup which will be played just after the European Championships (Which spain lsot to france on penalties 2 years prior.) so hopefully i can knock both world championships with Spain and the european side.

Managerial career:

[u]Domestic[/u]

2014/15:  Baronovici.  Finished 8th in the Belarusian First League and reached the QFs of the Belarusian Cup.
2015/16:  Baronovici.  Finished 2nd in the Belarusian First League, Promoted and reached the 3rd round of the Belarusian Cup
2016/17:  Baronovici.  Finished 1st in the Belarusian Highest League, also won the Belarusian Cup and the Super Cup
2017/18:  Southampton.  Finished 3rd in the English Premier League. Reached the 3rd round of the FA cup and the QFs of the Capital One cup
2018/19:  Southampton.  Finished 1st in the English Premier League. Won the FA and Capital One Cup. Knocked out in the 1st round of the Champions League
2019:     Corinthians.  Finished 1st in the Brazilian First League. Won the Brazilian Cup and the Copa Libertadines, as well as the World Cup Championship
2019/20:  Sparta Prague.   Won the Czech First Division.
2020/21:  Real Madrid.  Finished 1st in the Spanish League. Won the Spanish Cup and the European Champions Cup.
2021/22:  PSG      Finished 1st in Ligue 1. Won the French Champions Trophy and the French Cup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[u]International[/u]

2014/15:  Malaysia U23.  Reached the QFs of the Asian Games
2015/16:  Haiti.  Reached the 3rd round qualifications for WC
2016/17:  Haiti.  Reached the 4th round Quals for WC, Won the Carribean Cup, ranking up to 89th from 105th
2017/18:
2018/19:
2019/20: Cape Verde.
2020/21: Spain.  5th In World
2021/22: Spain.  Up to 1st in World, won the World Cup.

Challenges completed:

Club

6/10 top domestic leagues (Belarus, England, Brazil, Czech Republic, Spain, France)

6/10 domestic cups (Belarusian Cup, FA Cup, Capital One Cup, Brazilian Cup, Spanish Cup, French Cup)

2/5 club continental championships (Copa Liber, European Champions Cup)

1/1 club world championship (Won as Corinthians)

International

0/5 continental tournaments

1/2 world tournaments (WC won as Spain)

Other Cups: Super Cup (Belarus/Baronovichi) / Carribean Cup (Haiti) / French Champions Trophy (PSG)

Damn Normandy. Is Lazio that far behind Roma/Juventus atm? Jesus.

Im sure if you stick it out a couple more years, you'll be able to build your team up.

Youve only got a few more leagues to go!! Keep it up :D

Yeah, Lazio are way off the pace. Some of it's my fault, but also the slide to a mid-table team has meant that there really isn't money to spend, and a lot of top players of course don't want to miss out on European football.

It's a World Cup year, so maybe there's a shortcut? But if not, Lazio are getting stronger. We have some great young players and don't need too many transfers ahead of what should be another stronger campaign. I hope it isn't just one league place a time though or it may take a while!!

(Currently writing my update in a new post, gonna be a biggish one)

Gratz on a fantastic season with PSG, and for already getting Ronaldo to move with you to Schalke. Hopefully another league title is in order?

Dalkurd - Season Review 2015

62956_10151900188368247_14151261_n.jpg?oh=18cc9ce5414f9e56d4627e97c1be3e1b&oe=5637442D&__gda__=1450995091_18c1c60c01600cdfe0e89fe0771fd150

Dalkurd FF

So my first club in this challenge meant I was off to Sweden.

I was offered a job with Dalkurd who operate in the third league of the Swedish football, I am amazed to have been given a league in any that is not the bottom so I happily took on the challenge.

When I took the team over they were bottom of the league after 6 games and seemingly in dire straights. For some reason the powers that be felt it was me who could lead them to glory.

I began my tenure in charge with two decent wins which I think is a first for me. I then began a bit of an up and down year as I would win a couple pick up a draw then lose a game. It seemed that consistency was not going to happen for me. I continued in this vein till then end of the year where a bit of bad form removed any remote chance I had of picking up the final play off spot to be promoted. I think that may have been a little early for us anyway.

In the cups we had a tremendous 8-0 win over a team below before we pushed a top flight team close in a 1-0 defeat to go out in the 2nd round.

In terms of next year. I am almost certain I will stay here as my reputation is not amazing at the moment so I cannot really go anywhere else. I am little concerned about my wage budget as I am a over it at the moment, I am hoping the new year will allow me a bigger budget to keep the players I have but also to sign a few new faces. I honestly think with a couple of additions we may push for promotion next year.

League

Career Summary

Season     Team          League          	  Position         Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015     Dalkurd       Swedish 1st Div N           6th               N/A

Trophy Cabinet

Sheffield United

Things did NOT go well. I was hired just before Christmas, and sacked before the end of March. Was supposed to keep them in the Playoffs of the Championship, but we had slipped to tenth, although we were less than 5 points off the playoff pace. They gave me an ultimatum to win the next game, against Watford at their place... we were 4-6 dogs, and managed a draw... it wasn't good enough. I don't really think I got a fair shake, as the squad was just on the verge of a breakout, which they showed by winning their last five matches after my dismissal to make the Playoffs, where they were ultimately defeated by Blackpool in the Final.

My transfer business in that short time should benefit them for years. I brought in AMC Kostas Fortounis from Greece on a free... and within five matches he was worth £8.5M. All told, the best three players I brought in now have the highest valuation on their squad. £16M in valuation off three free transfers. I think that should have saved me, if nothing else, but it wasn't to be.

I'm back on the job hunt hardcore, I would much prefer to have a real preseason to get my system in play. I'm also not going to be interested in any more places that want me to "Play direct soccer" or "Make the most of set pieces." I really don't like playing direct unless there is a very good reason... (Like when I was with Cambridge and they refused to relay the pitch for three seasons.)

Oh well, I never figured I'd get through this challenge unscathed, but I can't lie and say I'm not disappointed. But, we'll shake it off, and get back on the gaffer horse as soon as we can.

SPORTING KANSAS CITY

2025 report

Competitions: http://imgur.com/l5MqMni

We didn't do as well as last season, but I'm still satisfied. We retained the Supporter Shield and reached the final of the MLS playoffs. Halfway through the season there was a huge dip in form, but an 8 game win streak put us back in the top spot. The loss in that final game is just a minor upset, as I already completed that part of the challenge. We were unluky to go out in the cup, I really underestimated second league SA Scorpions and we got knocked out hard. But the main reason for playing this season was to qualify for the quarter finals of the NACL, which we did fairly easy.

Squad: http://imgur.com/7n5Tr5I

Instead of the schedule I decided to throw in the squad for a change. You'll notice the MLS record-breaking average of Malaga-loanee Alfaro, the goal tallys of Phil Denny, unskilled but supersub Matthew Gutiérrez and my very own CR7-style winger Klasanovic, and the solid performances throughout the whole first team. I only had to replace last season's star midfielder Torres, and got Klasanovic, Ressureiçao and Arnaud to strengthen the squad. Most of the other players are fringe players who are young and just good enough to do their job when I need a replacement. Outside of the first 11, I only really used Ressureiçao and Zayat regularly, the rest only plays during injuries or to take off tired players. I'm really happy with my team, we score goals pretty easily and don't let in too many.

Star Players:

Mirzet Klasanovic http://imgur.com/FePZaA4

The big buy of the season, he started out a bit mediocre but scored some important goals near the end of the season. Surprisingly, there's only been some slight interest from other MLS clubs and it's not hard to hold them off.

Victor Alfaro http://imgur.com/WCv1FAO

I hoped he would make the same impact as Torres did, but he did even better. He broke the assist and average record while firing in some free kicks himself too. I tried to hold on to him for one more season and Malaga accepted, but he wants to leave. So again, I need a creative midfielder. Got my eye on an awesome Swede, Lundh.

Now what?

The NACL QF are played in the second week of february, a month before the MLS kiks off, and I'm going to play Santos Laguna. So I have to play a huge Mexican side halfway through the pre-season games. I've already built up the opponents towards that first match but it's not ideal as I expect to lose some players. Phil Denny is 32 and although he scores a lot of goals, Ressureiçao and Klasanovic are better options for his position. Cody Cropper is the best goalie in the US but he wants to try his luck in Europe, multiple Premier League clubs show an interest in Alan Graham, and I expect some interest in Arnaud, Kingo, Ryan and Klasanovic. If a European clus wants them, it's going to be really hard to hold on to them. Expecially Ryan, who's only 21 but already a regular in the USA national side. During recent weeks, some Dutch (probably my next stop) squads showed some interest in me. It's going to be hard to reject those when I get knocked out of the NACL. But I'm really enjoying my time in the MLS, and I might just want to play on for another shot at the cup and/or NACL. As always; we'll see.

Cheers jay, any ideas where to next mate? I am enjoying my game thus far just started the season

Well, I am trying not to have to move out of the Championship, but honestly no jobs have become available and the season is back in swing again. I absolutely hate taking over midseason because of how long it takes to get a fluid tactic, but I guess you have to play the hand you're dealt.

I did apply for a lower Ligue 1 job in France, but it's still inspiring laughter. I'm still not even five years into the challenge, so I've got time to be patient, in my humble opinion. I would like to get started making some accomplishments, but I've got to make sure its the right situation as well... I don't see getting into another situation where direct play is a necessity being of benefit to me, for example. ;)

I will definitely make a short post once I've gotten into another job, I just didn't want to make a full update as there wasn't much to tell, really. Definitely not anything good. :D

EDIT: For reference, I'm going to whip up a season update and I'll just cut and paste my quick update earlier into it, for posterity's sake.

An American Werewolf in Football!

Sheffield United 2017-18

SheffUtd_zps0cympbp4.gif

Things did NOT go well. I was hired just before Christmas, and sacked before the end of March. Was supposed to keep them in the Playoffs of the Championship, but we had slipped to tenth, although we were less than 5 points off the playoff pace. They gave me an ultimatum to win the next game, against Watford at their place... we were 4-6 dogs, and managed a draw... it wasn't good enough. I don't really think I got a fair shake, as the squad was just on the verge of a breakout, which they showed by winning their last five matches after my dismissal to make the Playoffs, where they were ultimately defeated by Blackpool in the Final.

My transfer business in that short time should benefit them for years. I brought in AMC Kostas Fortounis from Greece on a free... and within five matches he was worth £8.5M. All told, the best three players I brought in now have the highest valuation on their squad. £16M in valuation off three free transfers. I think that should have saved me, if nothing else, but it wasn't to be.

I'm back on the job hunt hardcore, I would much prefer to have a real preseason to get my system in play. I'm also not going to be interested in any more places that want me to "Play direct soccer" or "Make the most of set pieces." I really don't like playing direct unless there is a very good reason... (Like when I was with Cambridge and they refused to relay the pitch for three seasons.)

Oh well, I never figured I'd get through this challenge unscathed, but I can't lie and say I'm not disappointed. But, we'll shake it off, and get back on the gaffer horse as soon as we can.

Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues

0/10 domestic cups

0/5 club continental championships

0/1 club world championship

International

0/2 world tournaments

[b]CLUB

Season        Nation/Club/League        League                                     Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
[b]2014/15       ENG/Cambridge/L2           18th                     Took over after 17 matches in 22nd place
2015/16       ENG/Cambridge/L2            1st                       Promoted as Champions of League Two
2016/17       ENG/Cambridge/L1            8th                  Predicted to finish 23rd, biggest overachievers
2017/18       ENG/Sheff Utd/SBC           DNF                Took Over December in 3rd, Sacked in March in 10th[/b]

[b]
International

Season        Nation          Highest Ranking                            Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
[b]2014/15 
2015/16
2016/17
2017/18[/b]   

[b]Additional Non-Achievement Trophies: Sky Bet League Two Champion (2015-16), Sky Bet League Two Manager of the Year (2015-16)[/b]   

October 13, 2018

bristol_city_fc_zpsk8eb1ic6.png

We have been hired on at Bristol City on October 13, 2018. We are currently dead last in the table with only 6 points from 11 matches!! The club has a very positive bank balance at just over £9M, so our finances are very secure. We have been granted a £1.4M transfer budget and £235K per week in wages. The expectations I agreed to were "above mid table" but I'm thinking they will rehash this expectation once I am fully installed in the job, as I am just going through initial meetings currently.

Club philosophies this time are right up my alley: Play attacking soccer, and I asked to play possession soccer. We're also going to be building through youth signings and our youth system. As long as I can figure out what has the rot set in, I am excited to be part of Bristol City!

jaysdailydose Sounds like a doable job to repair what happened there with that transfer budget, right? I always find that after a few seasons there are more than enough decent players available on a free, and even if you need a lot of players, there's room enough to push some of the transfer funds into wages. Good luck!

jaysdailydose Sounds like a doable job to repair what happened there with that transfer budget, right? I always find that after a few seasons there are more than enough decent players available on a free, and even if you need a lot of players, there's room enough to push some of the transfer funds into wages. Good luck!

Have you been at Sporting Kansas all career BustaRaymes?

You would think, unless they do me like they did at Sheffield (3 months) and I barely make it to the window... but yeah, I was able to add £16M in valuation to that Sheffield roster off frees... they are off to a crap start, though. New manager brought in players I wouldn't have even thought of after that little run at the end of my tenure... they got older in the offseason. That's never a good thing, and that's why they are in 18th and dude that replaced me has already been sacked.

Dalkurd - Season Review 2015

62956_10151900188368247_14151261_n.jpg?oh=18cc9ce5414f9e56d4627e97c1be3e1b&oe=5637442D&__gda__=1450995091_18c1c60c01600cdfe0e89fe0771fd150

Dalkurd FF

I felt that going into this year, I would need to add a few new faces to try and challenge for the league. I added a couple of new guys, mainly a midfield general and a new defender a lot of my targets would not join me as I could not offer the wages that they were after. After loosing a couple of players, I kinda felt that I had a very similar squad from the year before.

I began the year well enough grabbing a few decent wins in which I quickly ran to the top of the league. This year was similar to the last season in that consistency was the magic word for me and any other team. We continued to keep a fairly consistent string of results in the first three quarters of the year as we staked our claim for the title.

We then hit a brick wall after we lost in the first round of the cup. This moved into our league form and we lost a few on the bounce and moved out of the promotion picture.

We had to hit back and hit back we did, we strung a winning run together and moved into the second spot in the league. A nervy last day lead us to the promotion playoff. We won this easily and I had been promoted.

In terms of whats next for me. I decided that I had enough of the this team. I know have a National reputation so I hope that I can move to more reputable Swedish side or possible to a decent team abroad. I do not feel that I will be able to kick on with the small budget here in the higher league.

League

Career Summary

Season     Team          League          	  Position         Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015     Dalkurd       Swedish 1st Div N           6th               N/A
2016     Darlkurd      Swedish 1st Div N           2nd              Promotion

Trophy Cabinet

I left Dalkurd in January 2016. I did not expect to be out of work for a whole year but I was before a very good sized club came in for me.

Valenciennes-FC.png

Valenciennes FC

This will be the next club for me and I feel a really good step up as the French 2nd Division is better than the Swedish 2nd. The club have not been great these last few seasons finishing midtable in the second division after 7 years in Ligue 1

This year they are 12th and looking for a midtable finish. The Finances are awful and look like being 5mil in the red by the end of the year so that will be a challenge. One I am willing to take on though.

Season 2066/67 - Juventus

IQneACT.png

League | Schedule Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3

Raffaele Basile had enjoyed a spectacular career as Juventus's manager, and when he retired from football in the summer of 2066 I saw my opportunity to finally escape the ingrained mediocrity of SS Lazio. I was soon unveiled as his successor, and therefore something of Italian football's David Moyes: I certainly have grey hair, I've definitely been managing a midtable side with aspirations of better despite a limited budget, and I was stepping into some massive shoes: even the stadium of Juventus is named after the all-conquering Basile.

I say "all-conquering", but actually Juventus had been usurped by first AC Milan and then AS Roma in recent years at the top of Italian football. With a five-year gap since their last title win, their objectives aligned with my own personal ones for this challenge: get their trophy back.

To that end, I wasn't *too* disappointed when Barcelona spectacularly turned around our two-goal lead from the first leg of our Champions League last-16 fixture. We refocused on domestic football, to devastating effect for our rivals. The summer signings of a couple of veteran wingers (Guillermo Amoroso, returning to Europe for one last time from Corinthians having earlier starred for PSG, my former Spain international team star Dario Pjaca, and a player I'd sold from Roma previously in Yesid Lopez acquired for a total of just £6.8m) paid off in great style as we led Serie A for much of the campaign, although a tendency to lose (sometimes even heavily!) whenever we had the chance to pull more than 3 points clear certainly kept it interesting and only a great late-season run set up the opportunity to finally claim my elusive Scudetto with one game to spare.

Alongside that, we advanced confidently to the Coppa Italia Final, even defeating Roma en route, and put in a fine performance to win 2-0 against AC Milan and claim a domestic double that seemed the stuff of dreams during my Lazio reign. Without a doubt this was the most fun season I've played in the past few! To make it even more satisfying, Lazio spent most of the season in the relegation zone, dragged themselves clear with two games to go, and then capitulated again to stunningly be demoted to Serie B. Maybe I'd been doing really well with them after all!

Italy is finally finished. Germany, Spain, England and A.N. Other remain. Let's see which big job is available next...

Challenge Progress

Club

6/10 top domestic leagues (ARG, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, USA)

7/10 domestic cups (AUS, BRA, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, MEX)

4/5 club continental championships (Africa, Asia, N.Am., S.Am.)

International

5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Asia, Europe, N.Am., S.Am.)

2/2 world tournaments (WC, Confed.)

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
2014/15  RSA  Ajax CT        12th                                     Took over with 3 games remaining, in 15th
2015/16  RSA  Ajax CT                         R2   R1                 Sacked after 16 games, in 16th
2016/17  AUS  Wanderers       6th             QF
2017/18  AUS  Wanderers                       won                     Sacked after 22 games, in 10th
2018/19  IND  Dempo                           GS                      Sacked after 19 games, in 11th
2019/20  IND  Bengaluru       6th             SF   F
2020/21  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F
2021/22  IND  Bengaluru       1st             GS   won  CC R2
2022/23  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F    CL Q3E
2023/24  IND  Bengaluru                                 CC QF         Resigned after CC QF defeat/before league season
2024     KOR  Jeju            5th             SF
2025     KOR  Jeju            8th             SF
2026     KOR  Jeju            8th             QF
2027     KOR  Jeju                            QF                      Left for Pohang after 32 games, in 7th
2027     KOR  Pohang          5th             won                     Took over with 6 games remaining, in 5th
2028     KOR  Pohang                                    CL GS         Sacked after 16 games, in 5th
2028     KOR  Jeonbuk         5th             SF                      Took over with 20 games remaining, in 7th
2029     KOR  Jeonbuk                         R4                      Sacked after 35 games, in 7th
2030     KOR  Jeju                                                    Left for Wellington after 16 games, in 4th
2030/31  AUS  Wellington     10th
2031/32  AUS  Wellington     10th
2032/33  AUS  Wellington      7th
2033/34  AUS  Wellington                                              Left for Perth after 4 games, in 6th
2033/34  AUS  Perth           9th                                     Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2034/35  AUS  Perth           7th
2035/36  AUS  Perth           5th/SF
2036/37  AUS  Perth                                                   Left for Seoul after 12 games, in 2nd
2037     KOR  Seoul           1st             SF        CL won  3rd
2038/39  MEX  Chivas          6th/SF  3rd/ F  QF  won
2039/40  MEX  Chivas         11th     2nd/QF            CL won
2041     USA  New York        1st/won         R4
2042     BRA  Internacional   5th     1st/won won                     Reached 1,000 games in management
2043     BRA  Internacional           1st/won SF        CL QF         Left for Lanus after 34 national games, in 7th
2044     ARG  Lanus           6th             R5        CS P2E
2045     ARG  Lanus                           R5                      Left for Velez after 15 games, in 11th
2045     ARG  Velez           4th/1st                   CS QF    F    Took over with 14 games remaining, in 1st
2046     ARG  Velez           5th/4th         R7        CL won   won
2047     ARG  Velez           1st             R7        CL QF
2049/50  FRA  Monaco          4th             F   R4    EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2050/51  ITA  Inter           4th             F         EL KR2
2051/52  ITA  Inter                                                   Sacked after 16 games, in 14th
2051/52  ITA  Lazio           8th                                     Took over with 21 games remaining, in 12th
2052/53  ITA  Lazio                                                   Sacked after 5 games, in 17th
2054/55  RSA  Wits           10th                 R1                  Took over with 12 games remaining, in 13th
2055/56  RSA  Wits                            R1  R1    CL won   5th  Left for Valencia after 29 games, in 8th
2056/57  ESP  Valencia        7th             R5        EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2057/58  FRA  Monaco          3rd             SF  F     EL won
2058/59  FRA  Monaco          2nd             SF  R4    EL F
2059/60  FRA  Monaco          1st             won QF    CL R1
2060/61  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL QF
2061/62  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL GS
2062/63  ITA  Roma            3rd             F         EL F          Reached 2,000 games in management
2063/64  ITA  Roma                            QF        CL QF         Resigned after 33 games, in 8th
2064/65  ITA  Lazio          10th             R1
2065/65  ITA  Lazio           9th             QF
2066/67  ITA  Juventus        1st             won       CL R1

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation           FIFA  NL   World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes
2032  Saudi Arabia      12                           Joined 11th Jul, 29th in FIFA Rankings
2033  Saudi Arabia      25
2034  Saudi Arabia      49         GS
2035  Saudi Arabia                        won        Resigned 4th Feb, 38th in FIFA Rankings
2036  Norway            61   C                       Joined 27th Jul, 54th in FIFA Rankings
2037  Norway            57
2038  Norway            44   B
2039  Norway            39                           Resigned 14th Nov, 39th in FIFA Rankings
2042  Tunisia           36                           Joined 20th Jul, 42nd in FIFA Rankings
2043  Tunisia                             GS         Resigned 27th Jan, 37th in FIFA Rankings
2047  South Africa      22                           Joined 17th Feb, 10th in FIFA Rankings
2048  South Africa      19
2049  South Africa                        won        Resigned 7th Feb, 19th in FIFA Rankings
2049  USA               14                           Joined 1st Aug, 9th in FIFA Rankings
2050  USA               19         GS
2051  USA                                 won        Resigned 30th Jul, 31st in FIFA Rankings
2052  Spain              9                           Joined 21st Jul, 7th in FIFA Rankings
2053  Spain             10  won                      Reached 1,500 games in management
2054  Spain              1         won               Left for Brazil 2nd Aug, 1st in FIFA Rankings
2054  Brazil            14                           Joined 3rd Aug, 13th in FIFA Rankings
2055  Brazil            15                GS
2056  Brazil             2
2057  Brazil             6
2058  Brazil                       R1                Sacked 15th Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2058  Spain              8   A                       Joined 21st Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings
2059  Spain             18
2060  Spain              2                won
2061  Spain                 won                 won  Resigned 9th Jul, 2nd in FIFA Rankings
2062  Brazil             6                           Joined 23rd Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2063  Brazil                              won        Resigned 7th Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings

Have you been at Sporting Kansas all career BustaRaymes?

No, went through Hong Kong (Kitchee), South Korea (Suwon), China (Renhe), Brazil (Portuguesa) and Colombia (Nacional). Aside from Kitchee I haven't had the success I hoped for at those clubs, so my tally (2 leagues, 2 cups) is a bit low. But I enjoy Kansas, so I'm going for another shot at the NACL, and after that I'm going for Europe to grow my reputation so I should be able to join the biggest clubs in the other continents.

No, went through Hong Kong (Kitchee), South Korea (Suwon), China (Renhe), Brazil (Portuguesa) and Colombia (Nacional). Aside from Kitchee I haven't had the success I hoped for at those clubs, so my tally (2 leagues, 2 cups) is a bit low. But I enjoy Kansas, so I'm going for another shot at the NACL, and after that I'm going for Europe to grow my reputation so I should be able to join the biggest clubs in the other continents.

Best of luck BustaRaymes...

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Season 2025/26 – Ajax / Paraguay

As I took over Ajax, they had just finished 3rd in the Eresdivisie and only qualified for Europa League. That meant I quite restricted transfer and wage budget. But there was a lot of talents in the squad. Most notably a 18 year old defender Piet Jansen with 5 star potential. A few other talents also, and I managed to sell a lot of deadwood. Bringing in I started with 3 familiar faces from America (MEX). Javier Campos upfront was top goalscorer in Mexico. Jose Alberto Torres perhaps the best individual player at left back and Paulo the Brazilian midfielder who I bought in Mexico from Corinthians. I also got a loan striker Claudio Ramos from Arsenal, a few backup defenders and French national striker Neal Maupay. Later due to injuries I loaned Joshua Kimmich in midfield from Man.City and a striker Roberto Redondo from Valencia.

Board expectations Ajax: Win the league, win the cup, reach 2nd knockout round of Europa League.

We started out really well in the league winning the first 7 games. I thought PSV would be the toughest opponent, but they slipped up early on loosing 3 of the first 4 games. Feyenoord followed us for a while but we opened up a solid gap very early in the season indeed.

In Europa League we faced Las Palmas, Basel and Red Star Belgrade in the group stage. We won 5 out of 6 games only loosing to Basel away. Comfortable winners of the group as Basel drew a few games.

In the Dutch Cup we won 4-0 in the 2nd round against minnows Quick 20. And then 4-1 against RKC from Jupiler league in the 3rd round. The 4th round was against Utrecht and only a 1-0 win in one of the closest games of the season. Quarter final was another home game, this time against ADO Den Haag and we won 3-0. Semi final was another home game, this time against PSV and a 3-1 victory secured a place in the final. The final was against Go Ahead Eagles. A team at the bottom of the Eresdivisie but a team that actually managed a draw against us in one of the league games. Trejo games us the lead early on, but Eagles came back and equalized. Midfielder Donny Van De Beek then made it 2-1 and we hang on for a one goal win to secure our first title of the season.

In the league we just raced away, and in a 34 games season we where league winners 6 games from the end. Finally we took 92 points (30-2-2) scoring a 140 goals and winning by a 30 points margin over PSV who had a decent run in the later stages to claim second.

Europa League 1st knockout round we played against Anderlecht. We actually lost away 2-3 but won comfortably at home 6-2 for a total 8-5 aggregate score. 2nd knockout round was the target for the board and we played Basel again. No slip up this time as we won 7-1 at home for a total 8-1 aggregate score. Quarter final was against Celtic, once again a sound 4-1 victory at home made sure we progressed after 6-3 on aggregate.

Arsenal in the semi finals was the most nervous game of the season. Yet again we won 4-1 at home. But at The Emirates we slipped up and went down 0-4 early on. I thought the adventure of Europe was all over, but Trejo wanted it otherwise and score 2 late goals to claim the aggregate score of 6-5 in our favor.

The final was played in Italy at Artemio Franchi Stadium in Florenze. Chelsea on the other half of the pitch, and we completely crushed them 5-1.

So totally 3 titles where won, and another 2 landmarks to the challenge could be added to my belt.

Star players:

Top goalscorer: Luis Miguel Trejo - 69 goals

Top performer: Daley Sinkgraven - 8,24 Av.rat

Top assists: Francisco Di Franco - 32 assists

With Paraguay I tried to qualify for the World Cup even if that is a landmark I already have completed. With 4 games left of the qualifying group we where in 5th place, which would give playoffs. First we played Peru and won 3-1 at home. This was an important victory as Peru was ahead of us in the qualifying group. We closed the gap down to just 2 points with this victory. Next up was Argentina away, and I hoped for a draw to not let Peru get too far ahead. An early goal from star midfielder Juan Ignacio Miranda gave us the possibility to play on counter attacks. In the end we won 3-1 and leaped into 4th position on the table.

Brazil at home was the penultimate game of the qualifiers. It looked like a 0-1 defeat for most of the game, but our 2nd best striker Sergio Diaz scored 2 minutes into stoppage time to give us a 1-1 draw. In the final game we played Ecuador at home and a smashing 4-1 victory secured a direct qualification to the World Cup.

Board expectations Paraguay: Reach 2nd Round of World Cup.

We played a few friendlies at the end of 2025 and start of 2026 and before the World Cup itself. Central African Rep. was beaten 6-0, Morocco 3-1, Dominican Republic 5-1, Sweden 2-1 and we lost to Mexico 0-1.

The World Cup itself was to be played in Mexico. The group stage saw us play Norway, Canada and Holland. A medium though group that could have been both easier and harder.

Paraguay - Norway 3-1

Goals from Rodrigo Baez, Daniel Franco and Tony Sanabria secured a 3-1 win against Norway. They equalized to 1-1 in the first half but we dominated the game so much, creating no less than 11 clear cut chances.

Paraguay - Canada 1-0

Goal from Carlos Medina. We rotated the squad pretty much for what looked like the easiest game. A bit nervous towards the end as we got defender Gustavo Gomez sent off, but we hang on for the win.

Paraguay - Holland 4-0

On paper by far the toughest game, both teams where ready for the Knockout Round before the game, but I wanted to win to get an easier route. The Dutch manager rotated a bit but played his best striker Sven Versteeg. It didn't matter as we won 4-0 after goals from Sanabria, Miranda, Miguel Lopez and an own goal.

Paraguay - Peru 3-0 2nd Round

Goals from Anthony Diaz 2, Carlos Medina. An easy victory actually where everything went to plan and some players got a bit of rest.

Paraguay - Serbia 6-2 Quarter Final

It was really good that we won the group as we got a nice easy way towards the final. Serbia was not really a Quarter Final material of World Cup. Sanabria scored 4 goals, Medina and Lopez 1 each. Easiest game of the whole tournament.

Paraguay - Belgium 2-0 Semi Final

We had the shortest resting period before playing the Semi Final, and I feared players like Hazard and Lukaku would stop us. But late goals from Andres Cubas and Fidel Rivas sent us to the World Cup Final.

Paraguay - Holland X-X Final

Holland missed Sven Versteeg in the Final due to injury. He and Tony Sanabria had scored 6 goals each so far in the tournament. But when Holland lack one classy player they can just put in Zakaria El Amrani (my former top goalscorer in Roma and Man.City), so they still had a strong team. Players like Depay who was rested in our group match obviously played in the final.

Jonathan Valiant gave us the lead 1-0 after 30 minutes. But Holland came back in stoppage time of the first half on a set-pice from defender Ian Westerhof. 1-1 at half-time. Then Cesar Estigarriba gave us the lead 2-1 again after 54 minutes. Just 2 minutes later El Amrani was there to make it 2-2. The conclusion came just another 2 minutes later as Lopez scored 3-2 for us that proved to be the winning goal. Holland pushed on but we held strong to win a famous World Cup trophy for Paraguay!!!! Vestige was crowned top goalscorer as he had played less minutes than Sanabria both scoring 6 goals.

After the World Cup I left both Ajax and Paraguay, Paraguay had risen from 61st in the world rankings to 1st!!!

--------------------------------------------

Challenges completed:

Club

6/10 top domestic leagues (Brazil,Italy,England,France, Mexico (Apertura/Clausura), Holland)

6/10 domestic cups (Italy,English FA, English League Cup, French League Cup, Brazil, Holland)

3/5 club continental championships (Europe, S.America, N.America)

1/1 club world championship (Roma)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa)

1/2 world tournaments (World Cup with France and Paraguay)

9 minor Trophies: FA Trophy (England), League Two (England), Johnstone Paint Trophy (England), Italian Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, European Nations League, French Champions Trophy, Europa League (both with Paris SG and Ajax), Sao Paulo State Championship

Competitions won more than once: UEFA Champions League won twice (Roma 2 times). Brazilian Serie A won twice (International and Corinthians), Mexican League won both Apertura and Clausura (America MEX), World Cup (France, Paraguay)

---------------------------------------------

Managerial career clubs:

2014/15 Bristol Rovers Played in Vanarama Conference, took over at 18th position, won FA Trophy, quarter final of Johnstone PT, reach 1st round proper of FA Cup. Finished 2nd in Vanarama Conference and got promoted. Manager of the month in Vanarama Conference 3 times.

2015/16 Bristol Rovers Played in League two, league winners, promoted (obviously), won Johnstone PT, reached 3rd round proper of FA Cup, and 1st round of League Cup. Left club at end of season. Manager of the year in League Two, Manager of the month in League Two 4 times.

2016/17 Brighton Played in Championship for the whole season, finished 2nd, reached 6th round of FA-Cup and 2nd round of League Cup, promoted. Manager of the year in Championship.

2017/18 Brighton Played in Premier League, left the club in march sitting in 11th position and knocked out of FA-Cup in 4th round and League Cup in 4th round, club finished 8th in Premier League with new manager.

2017/18 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, took over club in march at 8th position and already out of DFB Pokal, finished 6th but was banned from Europa League due to failing FFP.

2018/19 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, finished 2nd in the league to Schalke 04, but lost in the 3rd round of DFB Pokal to Dortmund. Left the club at the end of the season.

2019 Internacional Played in Brazilian Serie A. Took over after 7 games in 12th position, won the league (first club landmark), was already out of the cup, and lost in 2nd Preliminary round of Copa Sudamericana. Manager of the year in Brazilian Serie A.

2019/20 Roma Played in Serie A, took over in 13th and finished 2nd to Juventus, lost the TIM Cup final to Juventus, won UEFA Champions League. (second club landmark)

2020/21 Roma Played in Serie A, won the league (third club landmark), TIM Cup (fourth club landmark), Italian Super Cup, UEFA Champions League and Club World Championship (fifth club landmark), but lost Euro Super Cup to Arsenal. Manager of the year Serie A.

2021/22 Man.City Played in Premier League, won the league (sixth club landmark), FA-Cup (seventh club landmark), League Cup (eight club landmark), Euro Sup Cup, but lost the Champions League final on penalties to Chelsea. Manager of the year in Premier League, manager of the month 6 times.

2022/23 Paris SG Played in French Ligue 1, won the league (ninth club landmark), won French League Cup (tenth club landmark), lost 10th round of French Cup, knocked out in group stage of Champions League, but won Europa League, won Champions Trophy in France.

2023 Corinthians Played in Brazilian Serie A, took over in 5th, won the league, won the cup (eleventh club landmark), lost in quarter finals of Copa Libertadores.

2024 Corinthians Played in Sao Paulo State Championship, won the State Championship, won Copa Libertadores (twelfth club landmark), left the club in Brazilian Serie A as virtual league leaders after 8 games.

2024/25 America (MEX), Played in Liga MX, took over in Apertura Stage with 5 games to go in 2nd position. Won the Apertura League and the Apertura Playoffs (thirteenth club landmark). Won the Clausura League and Clausura Playoffs. Won the North American Champions League (fourteenth club landmark). Left the club at end of season.

2025/26 Ajax, Played in Eresdivsie. Won the league (fifteenth club landmark), won the Dutch Cup (sixteenth club landmark), won Europa League. Left the club at the end of the season.

Managerial career national teams:

2017 Ivory Coast Took over in march after nation had being knocked out at group stage of African Nations. Qualified easily for World Cup.

2018 Ivory Coast Took just 1 point in group stage of World Cup. Qualified easily for African Nations.

2019 Ivory Coast Won African Nations (first national landmark) then resigned from the job.

2020 France Took over in july after nation had being knocked out in 2nd round of UEFA Euro Nations. Won group stage of Nations League.

2021 France Won Nations League, qualified for World Cup with maximum points.

2022 France Won World Cup (second national landmark)

2022 Brazil lost Superclassico de Americas

2023 Brazil lost in quarter finals of Copa America, sacked.

2024 France joined but resigned without playing any games.

2025 Paraguay joined in 6th position of World Cup Qualifying, qualified in 3rd position. Joined at 62nd position of World Rankings.

2026 Paraguay, Won World Cup, left the nation as number 1 in the World Rankings.

Season 2022/23

FC_Schalke_04_Logo.svg

German First Division

So, the mighty Schalke.

Somehow, in my game, they have overtaken Bayern as THE dominant team in Germany.

I joined with them sitting as champions.

With, very little money for transfers though, i couldnt bring anyone in (Except for an aging Ronaldo as cover).

Even so, with some world class players, many being attempted poached by R.Madrid, PSG and Man United which resulted in my squad harmony dropping hard.

I managed to get some good results, the league was a LOT closer than i would have liked.

I managed to win the league with 6 points clear though from Bayern to give Schalke back-to-back championships.

German Cup

With some very lucky draws and my rivals having poor games, this was actually an easy run to the final.

From the 1st round, i only played 1 top divison team (That being Bayern, who i beat 2-0 in ET) up to the final.

I played a top division team in the final but not a team i had to worry about at all it turned out.

I managed to rack up a 7-3 win and walk out with the double.

European Champions Cup

Nothing much to report again.

Wasnt after the ECC but once again had a very deep run.

Being ended in the Semi Final over 2 legs (God damn you Chelsea) but it was a TON more than i should have done.

Moving On?

So, left Schalke but finding it VERY difficult to find a new team.

Which is VERY weird.

Im currently 1st in the English Hall Of Fame (Managers) and 9th in the Worlds Hall Of Fame.

Im one of only 3 World Class managers currently in the game, reputation wise.

I was looking around at teams, especially looking for Asian/African if Juventus/Roma doesnt appear and i saw Ulsan in the Korean leagues available.

With 6 games left in the league, they were 3 points behind 1st place (In 6th ATM)

With SFs of the cup coming up and obviously well placed to win the Champions League next season, i applied.

I WAS LAUGHED OFF.

How ¬¬ How the hell do i get laughed off a Korean team.

After winning the German L1, French L1, Spanish L1 and EPL in the last 6 seasons, i was laughed off.

Im assuming it might be because i havent managed in Asia before?

Or MAYBE its because ive left so many clubs after a year or 2 that now teams wont sign me?

Any ideas at all?

Internationals

My International ties have been close to over.

Whilst i think Spain can definitely win the next 2 big international cups, Argentina and Brazil have both come up with manager positions open.

Im worried about when those jobs will come up again, as i think it will be harder to find South American nations to manage later on than European.

Ive stuck with Spain though, so hopefully my faith is repayed.

Managerial career:

[u]Domestic[/u]

2014/15:  Baronovici.  Finished 8th in the Belarusian First League and reached the QFs of the Belarusian Cup.
2015/16:  Baronovici.  Finished 2nd in the Belarusian First League, Promoted and reached the 3rd round of the Belarusian Cup
2016/17:  Baronovici.  Finished 1st in the Belarusian Highest League, also won the Belarusian Cup and the Super Cup
2017/18:  Southampton.  Finished 3rd in the English Premier League. Reached the 3rd round of the FA cup and the QFs of the Capital One cup
2018/19:  Southampton.  Finished 1st in the English Premier League. Won the FA and Capital One Cup. Knocked out in the 1st round of the Champions League
2019:      Corinthians.  Finished 1st in the Brazilian First League. Won the Brazilian Cup and the Copa Libertadines, as well as the World Cup Championship
2020/21:  Real Madrid.  Finished 1st in the Spanish League. Won the Spanish Cup and the European Champions Cup.
2021/22:  PSG      Finished 1st in Ligue 1. Won the French Champions Trophy and the French Cup.
2022/23:  Schalke  Finished 1st in Germany First Division, Won the German Cup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[u]International[/u]

2016/17:  Haiti.  Reached the 4th round Quals for WC, Won the Carribean Cup, ranking up to 89th from 105th
2017/18:
2018/19:

Challenges completed:

Club

7/10 top domestic leagues (Belarus, England, Brazil, Czech Republic, Spain, France, Germany)

7/10 domestic cups (Belarusian Cup, FA Cup, Capital One Cup, Brazilian Cup, Spanish Cup, French Cup, Germany Cup)

2/5 club continental championships (Copa Liber, European Champions Cup)

International

Other Cups: Super Cup (Belarus/Baronovichi) / Carribean Cup (Haiti) / French Champions Trophy (PSG)

NW: Gz on finally getting that Italian League!! :D Bet that must come as a relief haha. Where are you off to now?

Earl: Gz on the dutch double :D Ive been thinking of possibly going there for one of my remaining leagues but think i should focus on Asia/South Africa :( Shame because it woulda been one of the easier leagues.

WMSB? - I've had a similar problem to you. A few seasons ago I thought I could get pretty much any job I wanted, but PSG in France wouldn't even offer me an interview. I'd love to know how the game is working. It would be helpful if the boards actually gave you a reason. If we can't understand what's going on, it might as well be a bug. Wow, you're pretty close to wrapping things up on the domestic side of things. I didn't realise what good progress you'd made.

Earl - Fantastic progress. So why couldn't you do that with Carmarthen?:lol: I'm still disappointed.

NW - I bet you're glad to see the back of Italy. Juventus probably love you; you made them champs, and everybody else chumps.

A321 - Congrats on promotion and good luck at Valenciennes.

JDD - Hope your marriage to Bristol City goes well.

Busta - How come you don't do the challenges completed thing?

We are half ruined by conformity; but we should be wholly ruined without it. ~Charles Dudley Warner

WMSB? - I've had a similar problem to you. A few seasons ago I thought I could get pretty much any job I wanted, but PSG in France wouldn't even offer me an interview. I'd love to know how the game is working. It would be helpful if the boards actually gave you a reason. If we can't understand what's going on, it might as well be a bug. Wow, you're pretty close to wrapping things up on the domestic side of things. I didn't realise what good progress you'd made.

I know in previous games (11-13) if you had no reputation and had a "Sharp Increase" it could bugger up your reputation towards other clubs.

I assumed they changed that though.

Interestingly enough.

I applied to NYCFC in the MLS and got laughed off.

3 days later and i got an interview. The GREAT thing about this?

3yQgmP2.jpg

Between the time i applied and the time i got the job.

They managed to win 3-0 in their last game and qualify in 3rd god damn place.

They then beat Dallas 3-0 in the 1st leg of the semi final. So, im looking pretty to win another very quick league hopefully.

Also, they are through to the NA Champions League and currently going through to knockouts :D

Also, yeah.

My progress has come along really well because ive managed to win 4 leagues in 2 years by getting jobs at Corinthians and then Sparta straight after.

So, instead of waiting for that April - September times like most EU teams, i was managing/winning in South America before switching back to Europe.

This MLS situation is similar. If i can squeeze through (Gonna be full match training for my tactics) i could win the League (And maybe even the NA Champions League) and have time to switch to another league before it ends.

Spacebar I can see 2 or 3 reasons why this happened. First would be you wrote that you left Schalke, but did you apply before or after you left? If you applied before then that is the reasons since those clubs don't have the funds to buy you out of your contract. If you left before you applied, its most probably because you have a reputation of leaving clubs too early, I get that sometimes also but it should restore pretty quickly. Last it could be a combination of leaving clubs and the fact you haven't managed in the country/region yet and don't have a reputation there.

Vike Tnx for encouragement. I am also a bit disappointed looking back at my try at Carmarthen. I guess I wasn't patient enough, but the funds there was really awful, compared to what I got at Bristol Rovers it was a far easier starting point. But at sometime I would like to start with a club as low as Carmarthen and still bring the success, so who knows if I ever complete this one I might give it another go.

Spacebar I can see 2 or 3 reasons why this happened. First would be you wrote that you left Schalke, but did you apply before or after you left? If you applied before then that is the reasons since those clubs don't have the funds to buy you out of your contract. If you left before you applied, its most probably because you have a reputation of leaving clubs too early, I get that sometimes also but it should restore pretty quickly. Last it could be a combination of leaving clubs and the fact you haven't managed in the country/region yet and don't have a reputation there.

After i left.

I think its because ive been leaving clubs early. A lot of the time ive got a year or 2 remaining on contract, so that could definitely be the reason.

Another super quick update though.

With my record at NYCFC 4 games played with 3 wins.

I now hold the MLS Cup, which i assume is what constitutes the "Domestic League" over here as its based on final position + Playoffs?

So, another one down.

Im into the knock outs of the NACL through no part of my own but we were knocked out early in the Cup so no easy cup :p

My contract expires in 3 years which is a major problem, i'll probably look to stay there as long as possible though (I want the NACL and the USA Cup anyway) until either Juventus becomes available or Kaiser Chiefs/Pirates.

Season 2023/24(Ish)

2 Quick updates in succession.

I would have waited but its quite a big update in terms of completion so felt like putting the stuff down.

MLS

SO.

I joined NYCFC with 1 game of the regular season to go (As i posted above) and in the time i had an interview and got the job, they had won their final game, hop from 6th to 3rd and progress into the knockouts.

The bigger reason i joined was that they were in the NACL QFs still and even though they had a hard game against Chivas coming up, i had to go for it.

Anyway, as i said.

I finsished 3rd in the MLS which put me through straight to the MLS Cup playoffs.

Anyway, i made it to the finals where i won 2-0 against San Jose to win the MLS Cup.

Now! I have no idea whether this counts as a "Top divison" as its a playoff for the top 8 teams across the West/East Confs.

Is the "Top divison" counted as the Supporters shield? Or is it the MLS Cup?

The weird American way of sports, i would consider the MLS Cup the Division but i'll leave it up to ya'll.

US Cup

The US Cup was already over by the time i joined. No luck there.

North American Champions League

So, i walked into the NACL having to play Chivas in the QFs.

Out of 8 teams, 6 left were from the USA so i was confident of winning the competition if i beat Chivas.

After a 3-1 win away, i made the mistake of thinking it was all over and rotating for the home return.

Chivas at one stage were 2-0 down but somehow came back to winning 2-5 until i managed to drag it back to 4-5 and we went through on Agg.

I then managed to get the weakest team left in the Semi Finals in Houston.

After a 3-2 win at home, i managed to get my full squad out away and walk away 6-1 and move into the finals against LA Galaxy who had beaten Leon.

A 2 legged final with nothing to worry about.

I won 6-0 on Agg and took my 3rd Champions League of the challenge.

Moving On?

Anyways.

I was tempted to stick with the USA for another season to stop the reputation of myself leaving clubs but then i saw Kaizer Chiefs had a job opening.

Finishing 1st in the league previously and runners up to the cup, they had been knocked out of the ACL and their manager had been fired due to that.

Whilst, yeah im a bit upset as i'll now have to do a full season to qualify again before challenging for the ACL its my best oppotunity.

So, i applied, managed to get the job and am now in the slog to pass a year so i can challenge for the ACL.

My main objective this season. Win the South African Premiership. Thats about it.

Hopefully i can get a good cup run but the premiership is my objective.

Internationals

Midway during the American league season, the European championships.

I was still managing Spain who had slipped from 1st to 8th in the world from their WC Win.

Drawn into a group with England (4th), Ukraine (22nd) and Scotland (38th).

I managed to get a draw against england with them scoring to draw in the 91st minute.

Beating Ukraine and Scotland, though, not by as much as England, put me into 2nd place to face Norway in the 2nd Round.

A low scoring game, i walked out 1-0 victors and moved into the QFs.

The QFs presented me with more of a problem in Germany, a team id beat in the QFs of the WC 2 years previously.

The game wasnt as interesting this time around but once again, i walked out 1-0 victor into the SFs to face Favorites France.

France/Spain have become quite a big rival in my save.

The last 2 ECs have been won by france with Spain coming runners up and this was obviously a repeat of the WC Finals 2 years ago.

I missed a penalty early on and was quite worried things wouldnt go my way.

Fortunately, another goal towards the end and i went into the finals against England after winning 1-0.

The finals vs England.

A big game. England in the last 2 years have become a big power. An emergence of a wonder striker who has carried them in the tournament and 10 minutes in, he had another goal and England were ahead 1-0.

At half time, i changed it up with a new striker and was getting worried, a minute before i was about to change my tactics to all out attack, i managed to get 1 back on the 75th minute to take it to Extra Time.

On the verge of Extra time 2nd half, My star striker managed to score on the 105th minute and we held onto the 2-1 lead to win the European Championship!!!

Spain have been a godsend, winning me the WC and EC in 2 successive years.

The Confederations cup comes up next year, so im sticking with spain and hopefully i can win that in a years time.

Regardless if that happens or not, I'll then be moving on and looking for another International team, outside of Europe and hopefully after the World Cup, i'll have the choice of teams.

Managerial career:

[u]Domestic[/u]

2019:      Corinthians.  Finished 1st in the Brazilian First League. Won the Brazilian Cup and the Copa Libertadines, as well as the World Cup Championship
2022/23:  Schalke  Finished 1st in Germany First Division, Won the German Cup.
2023/24:  NYCFC   Finished 3rd in MLS East Conf, Won the MLS Cup. Won the NACL.

[u]International[/u]

2017/18:
2018/19:
2022/23: Spain.  Down to 8th in World.
2023/23: Spain.  Won the European Championship.

Challenges completed:

Club

8/10 top domestic leagues (Belarus, England, Brazil, Czech Republic, Spain, France, Germany) (8/10 if MLS Cup counts)

7/10 domestic cups (Belarusian Cup, FA Cup, Capital One Cup, Brazilian Cup, Spanish Cup, French Cup, Germany Cup)

3/5 club continental championships (Copa Liber, European Champions Cup, NACL)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (EC Won as Spain.)

Ok well I ran into issues with my save where my PC crashed mid game and I hadn't done any back up saves. I am not pleased. I am presently reloading and applying for jobs.

We know have every month auto save 5 rolling file.

How far back did you lose??

I was hoping that Football Manager 16 would be available for pre-ordering in my recent trip to the UK, but no such luck. As the game is not allowed to be sold / activated in China, this probably means that I’ll have to play the current version for quite a while. So, I’m no longer in any real hurry to complete the challenge. It would have been nice to be the first to complete it (though I think that chance is about to disappear soon anyway) but I might as well take my time now and enjoy it.

My enjoyment for the game / challenge had been whacked anyway by losing several seasons of saves, and having to go back to immediately after Holland won the European Championship. (If you’re using the SteamCloud to ‘protect’ your saves, don’t bother. It doesn’t work).

As stated earlier, I felt that continuing to manage Holland and trying to win the Confederations Cup or retain the World Cup would be unfair, since I didn’t manage those things last time. I also mentioned that I might place a 2-year embargo on myself from taking another international job, but I changed my mind.

So with those preliminaries out of the way, here’s my

Vikeologist's 2040/41 End of Season Report

In my earlier lost save I’d gone for a long time without being able to get a ‘top’ job, so I decided to go for the first decent job I could get, which turned out to be Sochaux in France.

th?id=A577a3ac7d2a29937530c2b78b6cafcae&w=139&h=183&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2

I took over early in the season at the start of September. A couple of seasons ago they won the French league, but went into immediate decline. With lots of injuries we got off to a rough start. We improved as the season went on, but drew too many games we should have won. The top 4 clubs pulled away taking the 4 CL places with them. I just concentrated on securing a spot between 5th and 7th in order to qualify for the Euro Cup. As it turned out the team that finished 4th failed the financial fair play regulations, so a 5th spot would have secured us Champion league football, but we finished 7th and failed the FP regulations as well.

When I took the job I asked for extra wages and transfer money, so it looks as though I completely screwed them over financially. The fact is that they’re a very small club, and their league win was just a glorious one season fluke, though they have lots of good youth players coming through.

One of my reasons for taking the Sochaux job was so that when the PSG job came up next I’d be able to get it on account of having experience in the French league. As discussed in a previous post, they didn’t even offer me an interview when it came up shortly after Christmas. This made me realize though that I didn’t see a long term future for myself at Sochaux.

The job at Newcastle came up shortly afterwards, and I’ve always fancied managing them because I feel they’re one of the biggest sleeping giants. They were in a relegation battle, so when I was offered the job I asked to make my decision at the end of the season. I decided I’d rather finish the season at Sochaux and maybe win one of the cups I was still in, instead of going through a relegation battle. It wouldn’t have been the end of the world if they’d been relegated without me, as I’d quite fancy a promotion as part of the challenge. In the end though they finished 17th out of 20 and survived.

I didn’t manage to get one of the cups. We’d already lost in the semifinal of the CdlL before the Newcastle offer. We went out of the French Cup on penalties to a lower league side, Nice (the club name, not the adjective obviously).

We reached the semifinal of the Euro Cup, where we went out to Inter. Still, we game it a good shot.

However all this cup success didn’t stave off the financial problems. I wasn’t all that profligate. I only brought in the few players that I needed to be able to still put out a decent side. I still feel guilty though.

The French league finished a week before the English, so I took over Newcastle for their last game of the season.

th?id=OIP.M88410773bfdda96c80c99c09047b6e7bH0&w=78&h=78&c=7&pid=1.1

Thankfully they were already safe, but we were spanked away by Arsenal and only survived by one point. Sleeping giant they may be, but at the moment they’re really not much good. At the moment I plan to stay with them until I win the league (or get sacked). Given that the board’s expectations are ‘to try my best’ I don’t think there’s much immediate danger of being sacked.

th?id=OIP.M341bf7b25c1c037c45941128d4dfeff6H0&w=78&h=78&c=7&pid=1.1

Midway through the season I took over South Africa after they had a terrible AcoN. Just 2 years till the next one. I’ve very comfortably won my first 2 World Cup qualifiers, but the problem is the 2 they played before I took over. A draw against Mali (the other good team in our group) and perhaps even worse a mere 1-0 win against Rwanda which has us playing goal difference catch up with Mali. A raw against them in the match and we’re out unless I can make up 4 goals on them in my next match against Sierra Leone.

Season	Team			Position	Notes										Challenge Landmarks
14/15	Swallows(South Africa)	14th		Took over after 14 (of 30)games in 16th bottom position. Dodged relegation.
15/16	Swallows		12th		South African FA Cup winner. Continental qualification.				1 domestic cup
16/17	Swallows		3rd		Champions League qualification
17/18	Swallows		3rd	
18/19 	Swallows & Kaizer Chiefs2nd		Quit Swallows mid-season. Took over Kaiser Chiefs with 9 games of the season left
19/20	Kaizer Chiefs/ChU23	2nd		Won 2 domestic cups.
20/21	Kaizer Chiefs / China	2nd		Lost in Champions League Final on away goals
21/22	Kaizer Chiefs/China	1st		Lost in Champions league semi-final. Won 36 straight matches and East Asia Cup	1 domestic league
22/23	Kaizer Chiefs/ China	n/a		Won African Champions League. Humiliated nation of China.			African Champions League
2023	Seoul			1st		Won South Korean League								2nd domestic league
2024	Seoul / Brazil U23	3rd		Won FA Cup									2nd domestic cup
2025	Cruz Azul		9th		Won FA Cup (Opening Stage). Then I was sacked.					3rd domestic cup
2026	Chivas			2nd		Manager for one match. Lost title in extra time of 2nd leg of league final.
26/27	Chivas /Ivory Coast	6th/1st		Won NACL. Lost Closing stage final of Mexican 1st Div (again)			NACL
27	Chivas / Ivory Coast	5th		Lost in Opening Stage semi-final and resigned after CWC Q/F
28	Dalian / Ivory Coast	11th		Lost in FA Cup Final / Lost in 2029 ACON Q/F
29	Guangzhou / Egypt	1st		League / Cup double. Qualified for World Cup					4th cup, 3rd league
30	Guangzhou/Egypt/USA	1st		League / Champions League double						Asian Champions League
31/2	Hertha Berlin		6th		German Cup losing finalists. Qualified for UEFA Cup
32/33	Hertha Berlin/S Korea	6th		UEFA Cup losing finalists. 
33/34	HB/ SK/ Dortmund	6th		Moved team after 12 games. Won East Asia Cup again, this time with Korea.
34/35	Dortmund / SK / Egypt	1st		League and cup double. Quit South Korea after AC Q/F ignomy			5th cup, Bundesliga
35/36	Dortmund / Colombia	2nd		German cup winners.
36/37	Barcelona / Colombia	2nd		CL Q/F. 	Confederations Cup Finalists 					CWC
37/38	Barcelona / Holland	1st		League, Cup, Champions league treble. World Cup with Holland.			Euro Champions League, 6th cup, Spanish league. World Cup.
38/39	AC Milan / Holland	1st		League and Italian Cup winners. 						7th cup, Serie A
39/40	Holland			n/a		Won European Championship							European Championship
40/41	Sochaux			7th		Took over Newcastle at end of season.

Challenge Progress

Club
6/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, S Korea, China, Germany, Spain, Italy)
7/10 domestic cups (South Africa, S Korea, Mexico, China, Germany, Spain, Italy)
4/5 club continental championships (Africa, North America, Asia, Europe)

International
1/5 continental tournaments (European Championship)
1/2 world tournaments (World Cup)

WMSB? - yes, the MLS Cup would be the domestic league. Congrats.

Sweeeeeet :)

Thats 8/10 then.

I know what you mean about slowing down.

I think i would have finished the challenge by now but its taking its toll, i switched to a LvL24 England Manager save from scratch and spent 20 hours or so on that so far xD

Tbf, i dont think i'll be first.

Im actually more interested in seeing if i can get the years down as low as possible.

I reckon i'll have all the Domestic **** done within the next 4-5 years (3 if i can get a decent Asian team).

The international stuff is gonna be a pain though for AFCON and stuff like that.

Gz on the Newcastle job though :D

Decent team to build over 2-3 years and win the stuff with.

Thats 8/10 then.

Tbf, i dont think i'll be first.

Im actually more interested in seeing if i can get the years down as low as possible.

I reckon i'll have all the Domestic **** done within the next 4-5 years (3 if i can get a decent Asian team).

The international stuff is gonna be a pain though for AFCON and stuff like that.

Congrats on 8 leagues.

I definately think you could be the first to finish this one, but it will be interesting to see what clubs and nations you will get in the less reputable areas.

For me I hope to finish the club part in 4-5 seasons aswell, just need to finish Germany,Spain,S.Africa and S.Korea

But international management might take a while.

Well I found my new job. Amazingly to me I have a job in the Chinese Super League with Renhe. They have just finished 12th in the last season so I have a full pre season and 1.1mil to spend. I am amazed to get this job, certainly a good start

Archived