A question about players swapping positions

This is hopefully a fairly straightforward question, I just want to confirm how the player switching works.

I have an AML as an Inside Forward (Oxlade-Chamberlain) and an AMR as a Winger (Sanchez). The players are set to swap sides throughout the game. Will the player filling the AML position always play as an inside forward or is the role assigned to the individual player and move left to right as he does?

I've watched the match and it appears that the roles are fixed and only the players move, but with the opposition showing me onto my weaker foot as well I'm not 100%.

You can get them to change roles when they swap.

If you go onto the player tab in the tactic's screen, down near the bottom there is a '+Add Players' box. If you click on this box you can add any player who when he plays in a particular position and give him his own individual role and set of instructions.

I don't think there is that option anymore. It is now done in the players tab on the tactics screen, you can now set any midfielder or forward to swap with any other midfielder or forward, which is a much better idea than just limiting it to wide players.

Archived