Information available pre-match

Inspired by a couple of threads/comments recently about studying your upcoming opponents, I wanted to see if we could build a near-comprehensive list of all the information that people on this forum look at before they click "Match Preview".

These might be:

• items from the scouts report
  • items from the various options around the team report
  • Any players that are injured / suspended
  • Their players recent form
  • Any players that are injured / suspended
  • Attributes of some of their players

...or anything else

Really interested to know whether there's any information you look for that not included above

(Really want to avoid this thread turning into a load of comments saying "I don't look at info before the match" or "It depends on my tactics". The purpose of this thread is to build a list of available information not whether get into whether that information is useful/only useful in certain circumstances (that's for a later thread))

- recent results of opponent (are they on a winning or losing streak/morale)

- referee stats and information (I usually have this one referee in my saves who is not very favorable to my team)

- sometimes weather

- my own fixture list that's coming up (for rotation)

I look who's fit in my team or who has low condition. I then select my squad based on this and start the match. I look at nothing else as for me its a bit pointless. I don't want to waste 15 minutes setting up a game based on what might or might not happen. So any changes I make I'd rather do based on events that are actually happening. Plus I don't like to adapt to the opposition to try and play the perfect game against them, I'd much rather focus on my own game and the things my squad is good at instead.

Archived