442 help

Hi Guys

Just wondering if someone can help with the following

currently blackburn, first season and struggling, playing a 442 as set out below

DL attack CD def CD def DR def

WideM Sup DLP sup CM def WideM attack

Poacher attack TM Support

Team instructions are hit early crosses and play higher tempo

I have them on the attack and flexible settings

Any help will be much appreciated

Cheers

Losing to the odd goal isn't necessarily a bad thing, it happens. Is there a pattern?

A possibility is that your right side has a big gap between the full back and winger, it's an exploitable space.

You also use an Attacking Mentality, which will employ a high line, which itself can cause issues.

Have a look at your average position heatmap during a game - you might have a bigger gap between midfield and attack than you do midfield and defence so you'll need to experiment. Once thats nice and solid (it might already be!) have a look at your teams passing stats. Is anyone not getting on the ball enough? My guess would be the winger and poacher aren't. Its a bit trial and error but you could try swapping round your two centre mids so the DLP who presumably sees most of the ball is looking for the winger ahead of him to the right rather than the wide midfielder level with him on the left.

The few games I used a poacher in FM15 I was pretty disappointed (Ferreyra or Riviere).

I use a CF/s + AF/a combo up front (Cisse+Ferreyra). I have not tried the TM this year yet (I don't have any suitable players).

As people suggest "the odd goal" is relatively vague. Are you conceding from crosses? Through balls? Stationary attacks in which your opp "passes it into the back of the net"? Also check if those early crosses and high tempo are making you loose possesion before you create real chances (I use those 2 instructions and many times during a game I remove them if they aren't working). There's a thin line between playing direct and gifting the ball to the opp to get countered.

Archived