Match Fitness / Rotation - help

Hi All,

I have a question regarding fitness and advice on squad rotation. The way i play the game is akin to being a Director of Football. Assemble squads and dabble in tactics. With that in mind i rely on my assistant to pick the match team as a base. So here goes

Should i be worried if my substitutes are not match fit but are 100% with regards to conditioning ? How important is it that every player is match fit.

There is an option to set rules for the assistant picking the team but i dont know what the appropriate rotation is for a relegation / mid table team in a division

Any help would be appreciated.

Players lose match fitness faster in FM 15 than in FM 14. Your assistant probably won't rotate the squad enough to keep them all reasonably match fit, not to mention happy with their playing time. You need to overrule his picks often if you leave all the match picks to him.

I do try to override where possible but my issue is lack of squad depth. Outside of my starting eleven there might be one or two decent players and then it all goes down hill.

say after 3 games of playing my full strenght team, i try to rotate only for it to bite me in the backside

Whats the best way to utilize reserves in order to keep fringe players fresh ? In FM 14 i would sent them till match fit in reserves and their condition wouldnt be great for the bench

Archived