Football manager 2015 - Holidayed until 2040.

So, I have holidayed the game until 2040 to check the AI, but it is a little hard to test.

The reason being that it is a little hard to know exactly what to look for.

So if anyone has any questions they want answered about the game around 2040, feel free to ask.

I would like the questions to be somewhat relatable on a bigger scale, and not so much "how does club X or player Y do." I will give a little insight to the game world, but not expect me to go to much into detail on obscure clubs or players.

A brief overview of the world:

-The biggest club in the world was for many years Arsenal. From 27 until 37 the team won nine Premier League titles, and from 33 until 37 they played five Champions League finals, winning three. Guardiola was the coach for most of that time.

When this suddenly fell down, the team went into a complete melt down, and in the 2038/39 season they ended up in 11. place. This season they are under Joey Barton, and is up to 4th again.

At the moment, the football is dominated from Italy. They are leading the FIFA ranking, the UEFA league ranking, and on the UEFA club ranking Sampdoria (1), Milan(3), Roma(4), Fiorentina(7) is all in the top 10.

Still, the newest winner of the Champions League is Stoke, despite the team ending up forth in the Premier LEague, and having no big successes before.

The biggest star player at the moment is Romas Emilliano Marinai. An attacking playmaker with background from Empoli and Genoa. Second place is Gaetano Martucci. Another Italian, but a central defender who has played his entire career at Sampdoria, except a loan in Belgium.

Some observations I have made myself, first the negatives:

- No player has managed over 32 goals in one of the big leagues. This is achieved three times. One of the few players to manage 31 is actually a 37 year old Robert Lewandowski playing for Stuttgart. I know scoring 35-40 goals is rare, but it should happen from time to time. This seems even worse at lower levels. In the Conference League, the record is 26.

- Some guy in Spain called Osia will end up with a huge family of footballing talent. At the moment there is two in the national team, one in the U21, and three in the U19. Looks like some sort of bug.

- A lot of the leagues seems very locked for big periods of time. Like the french league having the same top three in the same poisition for four years running. I fear this might be the game emulating the real world to much, but what the real world has is events that might turn the whole world upside down. The top two in Spain has only been beaten once (big points to whoever manages to guess who). The Italian league has basically been Juventus until 29, Sampdoria until 33, Milan until now, with only Inter in 21 and Sampdoria in 39 breaking this up.

- The transfer marked seems to have dried up. In the leading transfers of all time, ten is in the first 5 years of the game. 14 is in the next 11 years. And after 2032, only one transfer has managed to get into the top 35. Roma signing Ousseynou Camara from Sevilla for 51 millions. Totally not worth it by the way.

- I have a feeling everything slows down a lot. Might be just because the game has been running for a few days, but I didn't have that problem in 14.

The positives:

- The big nations seems much more keen on keeping their own talents in their own league.

The Italian team have for some reason called up a player from Gent. This is a little weird, but in former games, this have been more of the norm. In this case it is a player that is not that good, and has no caps, so there is a chance he is in the squad, just because there is injuries.

- It is much easier to find brilliant teenagers that just end up as mediocrities.

I can give an example of the case of Rhys Ingram. A player who I started following early in his career looking for him to reach the stars, but he played the best part of his career for MK Dons in League One. I don't know why he failed, but it wasn't injuries at least.

- The general feel is that everything looks a lot better than last game. Exactly how, is hard to tell, but it still looks like a much more dynamic world.

Good reporting :)

Whats been the results of the world cups?

Also what leagues were you running in your test?

and lastly have any teams gone bust? Heard somewhere on the forums that teams will be relegated if they go bankrupt, so wondering if this is the case with any of the big clubs.

World cup finals with winner first,

2018 Russia - Serbia

2022 Brazil - Colombia

2026 Italy - Sweden

2030 Brazil - Argentina

2034 Italy - South Africa

2038 France - Brazil

Euros while we're at it:

2016 Belgium - Spain

2020 Spain - Belgium

2024 Italy - Sweden

2028 Germany - Italy

2032 Sweden - Portugal

2036 France - Spain

2040 France - Serbia

I have the following leagues, all in full detail. Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, China, Denmark, England (5 levels), France (2 levels), Germany (2 levels) Greece, Holland, Italy(3 levels), Mexico, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Spain (three levels), Turkey, USA and Ukraine.

I haven't noticed any clubs going bust. I feel I have heard it that they can't for legal reasons, but it may have changed.

Everything ran on minimum level. On maximum level, it might be finished in a year or two.

Archived