How to score goals that don't come from crosses.

Proper tactics. That will get you goals from more than one source.

I've played with every time of tactic I can think of, posession football, fast attacking, counter attack, through the middle, down the wings, and every chance that doesn't come from the wing is saved or misses. I'm talking keeper saving every one-on-one, shots from six yards out going miles wide or over, defender jumping six foot to block a ball they're nowhere near. It's ridiculous.

The opposition can score whatever they want though. A centre-half with 8 long-shots has just smashed a 30 yard volley in. But my striker with 16 finishing and 18 composure misses the target from six yards out.

I use a 442, so flank play should be important. Just had a game finish 6-4 with only 4 of the 10 goals coming from crosses.

That game followed a 0-0 against the league leaders. Should add, I'm using one of the weaker teams in the league too.

Seriously, the tactics forum is there. Post up your tactic and what your problems are. They'll give you advice. :thup:

Kriss, stats without context are pointless. Can you provide the definitions of Pass and Cross?

Is a crossfield pass a cross or pass? Is a cross always from a dead ball situation? Are corners always crosses or if it's passed to someone at the edge of the area, is that a pass?

You can't use stats to counter argue someone without providing the full information.

hPtEmQn.png

First season with FC United in conf north. Wanted to start a new save anyway with the latest patches and decided to test out the lower leagues since I've heard so many complaints. Scores were a little higher than the top leagues, but there are just as many 2-1's and 1-0's, it depends on the context of the match, sometimes a tight 1-nil match might end up 4-2 or something if the AI goes crazy attack and I counter them.

I use a 442 that actually empathizes wing play and uses the Exploit the Flanks TI, but primarily based on short passing and movement. I think you should play to your team's strengths instead of, say, forcing a team of part timers to try and play like Barca. Different systems require different types of players, and you also need to consider the context of the match. I've noticed that when the opposition packs the middle of the pitch with bodies, it forces your players to go out wide, just like in real life. It is not possible or practical to try and play through the middle all the time, especially if you manage in a British league.

Kriss, stats without context are pointless. Can you provide the definitions of Pass and Cross?

Is a crossfield pass a cross or pass? Is a cross always from a dead ball situation? Are corners always crosses or if it's passed to someone at the edge of the area, is that a pass?

You can't use stats to counter argue someone without providing the full information.

Read again, I was pointing out that he needs to provide stats for people to discuss his problems, that sg isn't meant to prove anything (other than that it's possible to provide stats):)

4-3-3 (1DM, false 9 / two IF/A)

Last 50 competitive matches:

47 goals from a pass

33 goals from crosses

7 goals from free kicks

6 goals from corners

1 goal from throw in

2 goals from opposition mistakes

44 assists from left wing,

21 assists from right wing,

21 assists from in the box

13 assists from central areas.

Brutally reliant on wing-play I'd say, weird since I'm using the possession style thats meant to direct play through the middle with the two playmakers and false 9.

What I find is, the AI pack the middle so much so, you're 9 times out 10 better off going down the wing where the space is, especially against compact defences. As I'm Manchester United, most teams will do that.

Funny enough, I'm a wingerless tactic, so it's amusing to have such an awesome winger-style assist board. ^_^

Funny enough, I'm a wingerless tactic, so it's amusing to have such an awesome winger-style assist board. ^_^

Pretty much matches my stats playing with a narrow formation, I see my AMC's going wider than they should which is where most of the crosses come from.

It's in hand, but it's delicate, don't want it going too far in a different direction.

Read again, I was pointing out that he needs to provide stats for people to discuss his problems, that sg isn't meant to prove anything (other than that it's possible to provide stats):)

Your post said provide stats like these, implying you trusted the stats you showed. My point was that without knowing how those stats are calculated, how can you trust them? And equally, what proof of a problem could he provide?

Your post said provide stats like these, implying you trusted the stats you showed. My point was that without knowing how those stats are calculated, how can you trust them? And equally, what proof of a problem could he provide?

Don't let's get bogged down, my original intention was to convince him that he'd need to provide something more than he did if anybody was to help address his problem.

That hasn't changed, in point of fact the issue of crosses being too potent is being addressed but he was asking for something specific.

That hasn't changed, in point of fact the issue of crosses being too potent is being addressed but he was asking for something specific.

I'm not sure crosses are too potent per se, the problem is their frequency. While real life teams usually average about 20 crosses per match (at least in the Premier League), in FM2015 the cross count will usually reach the 30's, 40's even 50's - per team.

I recently faced Palermo with Inter in the semis of the Coppa Italia and had to deal with 73 crosses in 90 minutes, which is just totally bonkers.

The problem is clearly AI packing the middle too much, where you can see fullbacks always getting too close to the stoppers, clogging the middle. The accuracy of crosses, and how the defenders deal with the crosses is just fine, and it would become an ugly ME again if SI's work around will be to decrease the accuracy of crosses. Right now ME is beautiful.

Proper tactics. That will get you goals from more than one source.

That's a stupid thing to say. I'm having the same problem, I'm creating an untold amount of chances, yet only scoring from crosses, my tactics are creating lots of chances. The players aren't putting them away, I've tried with 3 different teams.

Are u saying that if I change the tactic to a different one, that the game likes, the players will put those chances away?

I grow more and more disillusioned with this game. I think a new release every year is damaging the quality of the game, even when I have a winning team. They need to work on what they have rather than putting even more stuff in this game that makes it so u need a psychology degree to be able to win.

Are u saying that if I change the tactic to a different one, that the game likes, the players will put those chances away?

I'm saying ask advice in the tactics forum. Your strikers aren't putting any chances away, which is in all likelihood a tactical issue.

Archived