Best team in small league tips?

Hi,

I'm playing with BATE Borisov in Belarusian league, and after a few spot-on transfers (best is Valentin Lazar for AML) I rout every team in the league easily, winning 2-3 goal margins usually.

I won 6-1 in a cup final against the 2nd-best team, and I also won 4-2 with 10 men away to 3rd-best team.

The problem is that Champions League is coming, and I don't want to lose 7-0.

What are the tips on preparing the best team in the league for the CL opponents which are much better?

I can't improve my tactics, I have a feeling that with any problems in my tactics I still win in Belarusian league. Would appreciate your thoughts.

My initial thoughts are your tactics, actually.

You say that you cant improve the tactics, however I am assuming that you are going a with a very attack-minded tactic/formation in the Belarusian league?

You will encounter higher-quality teams in the Champion Leagues so start off now by getting your team familiar with a more defensive/counter-minded tactic.

By all means, start your CL games with your current tactic, but if let's say you are playing away to Real Madrid, I would suspect that your attack-minded tactic may not work as well as it is in the domestic league.

My initial thoughts are your tactics, actually.

You say that you cant improve the tactics, however I am assuming that you are going a with a very attack-minded tactic/formation in the Belarusian league?

You will encounter higher-quality teams in the Champion Leagues so start off now by getting your team familiar with a more defensive/counter-minded tactic.

By all means, start your CL games with your current tactic, but if let's say you are playing away to Real Madrid, I would suspect that your attack-minded tactic may not work as well as it is in the domestic league.

Yes I have attacking tactics, and I realize that against Real it won't work :). I'll try to prepare one defensive tactic - any suggestion of specific good defensive tactics for really uneven matches?

I think implementing something like a 4-1-4-1 could be beneficial. It has good defence on the wings and a midfield trio to give stability there. It can also turn into an effective attacking formation with the right instructions

Ok I used 4-1-4-1 with Counter and got good results - 0-0 away to Anderlecht and 1-0 at home against PSG :). In the 1-0 win I also had more shots than them, and 5 clear cut chances while they had 1 half chance. Ibrahimovic was completely shut out of the game.. Next are two games against Chelsea, and I'm on top of the group after 2 games :)

Archived