Good Graphics Card For FM 15?

Ok guys,

The question is in the subject title but let me provide some background.

I am not really a gamer, the only game I truly play is FM when it comes to the PC. When it comes to hardware I generally know what to look for and I've got a good spec PC to process the game itself.

However, I am clueless when it comes to graphics cards! I want something that can play FM in full detail without any juddering but that won't cost me an arm and a leg. What are the key things to look for in a graphics card? What graphics cards do you guys have and what would you recommend? My card is quite old now and is a GeForce 9800 GT so it's starting to struggle with displaying the 3D in full detail.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts :-)

In this case it is, but sadly there are no rules, main thing here is that both of those are quoted as being upgrades for your current card.

Ok, cool.

What are the main things to look for with a card? I hear memory isn't the be-all and end-all with cards and people talk about 'cores' and things like that.

I appreciate all the help - I told you I'm clueless with cards :D

You can always Google what games/apps a particular card will run in high quality which is the best way for beginners, but you do have to ensure compatibility with your rig.

Just half an hour reading the Wikipedia entry on graphics cards is really useful and probably a good place to start.

You can always Google what games/apps a particular card will run in high quality which is the best way for beginners, but you do have to ensure compatibility with your rig.

Just half an hour reading the Wikipedia entry on graphics cards is really useful and probably a good place to start.

Nice one, I'll have a look.

Although after comparing the two you mentioned earlier to mine I can already see a huge difference in spec!

Thanks again :thup:

GeForce 9800 GT

I had that card for like 6-7 years, what a workhorse!!

I've got the GTX 550-TI now and I had a quick look at the matches in very high detail, but changed to medium settings quite quickly. It was stuttering a bit too much for my liking. I'm not all that concerned with graphics though. So get something better than that one if you want it to be fluid.

The 6xx series runs a lot cooler and uses less power than the 5xx series as well. I have a 660 and it's probably overkill if you're just going to be buying it for FM.

Good point - although I suppose at least it will stand me in good stead for future editions when the 3D improves further?

I've got the GTX 550-TI now and I had a quick look at the matches in very high detail, but changed to medium settings quite quickly. It was stuttering a bit too much for my liking. I'm not all that concerned with graphics though. So get something better than that one if you want it to be fluid.

Workhorse indeed - it's served me well :D

Thanks for all the input guys, it's looking like the 660 at the moment :cool:

:)I still run with a 9800GT with the game set at medium graphics it runs very well!

But ATI graphics management software can be decidedly painful, that's the reason I switched when I got this PC.

Cant say I ever had a problem when I ran with ATI cards.

Maybe thats because I had only ever really known the ATI software before I switch to my 2 GTX titans though.

Steady on lads, he needs a replacement compatible with his motherboard and simple to install which is why he was steered to where he was.

660 should give him least trouble to install and will gobble up FM quietly and coolly with his current rig. :)

The match engine is very intensive in FM15. I have a GTX 660 Ti and have to turn the settings down to Medium just to stop it baking the GPU, although in turn this seems to disable anti-aliasing and you end up with jaggies instead.

Assuming that this issue will be fixed, I'd recommend a GTX 750 Ti over a GTX 660. Cheaper and more power efficient. On paper it's easily good enough to max out a game like FM.

I have the mother of all cards, GeforceGTX Titan Black 6GB graphic card and it ROCKS!!!!! No game out there slows it down it powers through the most graphic intensive games with no problems at all.

Overkill for FM2015 though but hey if you got the money for it buy it as it blasts through anything thrown at it.

I have the mother of all cards, GeforceGTX Titan Black 6GB graphic card and it ROCKS!!!!! No game out there slows it down it powers through the most graphic intensive games with no problems at all.

Overkill for FM2015 though but hey if you got the money for it buy it as it blasts through anything thrown at it.

Think the OP isnt looking to spend this sort of money :)

Any anyone spending that sort of money just to play FM 15 then they are crazy :)

660, 750 & r9 270 are all good cards for the price

Archived