FM15: U.S. Sassuolo - Where talent is plentiful, but trophies are scarce

Adzke

Last match of the season, can't believe it's become this close

GbJjXZx.png

In the last 9 games our form is 9-0-0, while Juve has 3-3-3.

Unfortunately I'm away against Roma, and Juve is playing Parma who is 16th but has already secured their place.

24 minutes: Penalty! Berardi scores.

HT: Roma 0 -1 Sassuolo | Parma 0 - 0 Juventus

Juventus lead on goal difference

53 minutes: 1-1, Destro after corner havoc

69 minutes: Vrsaljko direct red card. Two feet on Iturbe 50 yards from goal... bah!

83 minutes: And it's gone... 2-1, Another Destro goal after corner. He has scored 1 goal this season before this game.

89 minutes: De Rossi makes it three, just as Pogba get's sent off for Juve.

Lost, but wouldn't have mattered in the end. Vrsaljko is gonna get a nice 2 week fine though, and will hopefully get his wish and move to PSG for a hefty price.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what happened with Berardi

http://i.imgur.com/NIacBTl.png

To add insult to injury I made the bad mistake of letting the club go slightly in the red which caused my percentage of transfer revenue to be set to 5%. When I got my budget for the season this didn't get reset despite having £10m+ in the bank. I asked for it to be increased but they didn't want to hear it. So I only get to spend 5% of that sum, although I hope I'll get more later. I saved before the decision.. Not really immersive playing but I might try again tomorrow to see what happens. Haven't decided.

To add insult to injury I made the bad mistake of letting the club go slightly in the red which caused my percentage of transfer revenue to be set to 5%. When I got my budget for the season this didn't get reset despite having £10m+ in the bank. I asked for it to be increased but they didn't want to hear it. So I only get to spend 5% of that sum, although I hope I'll get more later. I saved before the decision.. Not really immersive playing but I might try again tomorrow to see what happens. Haven't decided.

I replayed the last month and was able to get my budget as high as £15m. This time though Juve bid £27m. So maybe they have an idea of what sort of budget I had?

Having a lot of fun with this team. Juve has gone and spent £70m so I'm not expecting it to be as tight this season, but would gladly settle for another CL-spot. Some screenshots from 1st season below. Sorry in advance for picture spam :)

All transfers for the 1st season

uGS7OyP.png

Top goal scorers, assist and AVR ranking in the league

6aQXkCy.png

kc43d6v.png

QJG8bAy.png

Tactic

8MYXGB0.png

Squad stats

G7QDDEv.png

Won signing of the season

8G8iEoM.png

Great bargain, which turned out to be a crucial signing with the two bad injuries Vrsaljko picked up

0Fo7Mmw.png

What a season he had.. can't be replaced

4Tt5FPE.png

Amazing bargain at just £10k, rated to be a potential Serie A star

ERju3BD.png

Lucky newgen roll!

EAUYtUS.png

8iEkh9e.png

Signings for the new season. Markovic, Deulofeu and Origi to replace Berardi, because one of them is not enough :)

IGudzqY.png

Oh and this is after all the transfers has been made and my transfer budget is empty. I made the mistake of going in the red and the percentage of transfers made availeble was set to 5%, so I only got a minute sum added to the budget from selling Berardi, and the board refuses to allow me more. Pretty happy with the team though, despite heavily depending on loans. Might just keep the team as is even if If I get more to spend in Jan, so there will be lots to spend on facilities.

lMOJnIf.png

Absolutely disappointing first season, well not really. but the ending was definitely the worst i have ever seen!

I was in the second place, 7 points ahead of AC Milan 12 weeks to go, and then suddenly both my full backs were long term injured, and voila!

unthinkable happened, 4 draws, 7 losses, only 1 win and finished 6th!

+ no european spot, just because of goal difference :(

+because i have spent nearly 30M euro's during the first year(48 month style) now i don't have a whole lot to spend for the next season, but here is the good news, because of this disaster at the end of season matches, Berardi was really "average" and even though i was expecting to lose him, i managed to keep him because Juve bid was: 0

Second season preparation is under way and my transfers so far:

Mudingayi was replaced by Amartey

Reginiussen is now my sub, Kana Biyik is purchased from free transfer and will replace him

Murru will replace Peluso (he will also be sub this year)

My sub goalies were free transferred, Leali was brought also from free transfer.

Zaza had an awful season, thought about selling him because he basically made me mad towards the end of season, awful displays.. however only %25 percent of my transfer revenue can be used for my budget, so not really worth of selling so i will keep him.

+EPLE, what position do you play Berardi + same goes for Zaza(what's his role)

Manea looks really great. Is he a regen?

No, he's the real deal :) He's one of quite a few promising players from Romania. I had a game with Dinamo Buc on FM14 where I tired to build a team of mostly national players so I got a good introduction to the youths over there. He was described as a wonderkid in another save and ended up playing for Man Utd. I would expect his potential to be random, but his starting ability is quite high for his age though.

Absolutely disappointing first season, well not really. but the ending was definitely the worst i have ever seen!

I was in the second place, 7 points ahead of AC Milan 12 weeks to go, and then suddenly both my full backs were long term injured, and voila!

unthinkable happened, 4 draws, 7 losses, only 1 win and finished 6th!

+ no european spot, just because of goal difference :(

+because i have spent nearly 30M euro's during the first year(48 month style) now i don't have a whole lot to spend for the next season, but here is the good news, because of this disaster at the end of season matches, Berardi was really "average" and even though i was expecting to lose him, i managed to keep him because Juve bid was: 0

Zaza had an awful season, thought about selling him because he basically made me mad towards the end of season, awful displays.. however only %25 percent of my transfer revenue can be used for my budget, so not really worth of selling so i will keep him.

+EPLE, what position do you play Berardi + same goes for Zaza(what's his role)

Wow, that a bad run! I think I would have traded it just to keep Berardi though. My goal above all other goals is now to buy him back!

I posted the tactic above so you can have a look there. I played him as an IF-A and Sansone as W-A, but with them set to swap positions. I think also quite crucial in this was that I played Zaza in a support role. CF-s as standards, but I usually changed him to a F9 against 3 centerback formations and generally if I was struggling to unlock the other team's defence's.

The tactic I'm using is my tweak of Haroldhammond's tactic which is posted in the tactics forum. I've changed a few roles and set pieces instructions, but it's in most parts the same.

Zaza had some awful displays and a few goal droughts, but then went on goal runs and showed blistering form on at times. Overall his season was good though. I think it was very important that I had goals coming from all three front men, as one of them would usually step up when the others had a bad day.

Edit:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I had Zaza learn to shoot with power and beat the offside trap.

Mazzola is really coming on strong for me. He's my leading scorer in Serie A (and on his way to becoming Capocannoniere), while also being the highest average rated player in the league. Pretty nice for a guy coming through my own youth setup in the first season.

6zeGUeV.png

His attributes looks a bit like Facundo Ferreyra's. Love players with high agility and balance. Don't let him go :thup:

I was 4th seeded for the group stages in the CL. Fearing the worst of course, but my group ended up being Benfica, Shakhtar, FC København. Probably the weakest teams from each seed groups :)

What are you feeding those guys? :) All the newgens you've posted... they've got quite extreme physique. Did they turn out like that with just regular training?

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. Perhaps some sort of training bug?

Bazzocchi is being trained as CM(a), Di Sante as central defender, Mazzola as poacher.

Finished my first season at Sassuolo and I must say it has been very enjoyable and successful. In the Coppa Italia we reached the semi final before being defeated by Juventus but theres no shame in that. I had told the board I was aiming for a top half finish and anything more would be a bonus however we far exceeded those expectations.

2014-11-24_00001_zps4b210834.jpg

Absolutely delighted with the league placing and points total. On other occasions it could of been enough to win the title but Juve were too strong for everyone else.

Lucas Romero was player of the season averaging just short of 8 but Simone Zaza was also incredible scoring a ridiculous 45 goals in all competitions.

2014-11-24_00003_zps37c18c02.jpg

I was only given a budget of 11m for the 2nd season so bid all of it on Berardi's ownership decision, thankfully my bid of £10.75m was exactly the same as Juventus so he is now a full Sassuolo player. The only problem is that this left me with little funds to improve the rest of the squad so had to rely on frees and loans for most of it. That was until Vrsaljko decided he wanted to leave and could not be persuaded otherwise. I couldn't really find a good replacement for him so had to settle for Tomovic but will look for someone else next year.

2014-11-24_00002_zps4d969650.jpg

This year I'll be aiming to replicate last years form and with any luck close the gap on Juve a bit more. Also looking forward to a champions league adventure having being drawn with PSG, Benfica and Olympiakos.

One more points than me :mad: And oh my word, that's a lot of Zaza goals. Surely you have a something to share with us! :)

I'm doing really well 2nd season. And I finally found a way to break down Unai Emery's 4411 2DM tactic and got some sweet revenge for last season.

TzRhnUu.png

Anyone else in massive debt in the second season?

Not at all, but that may be down to me selling Berardi at €31M to Juventus. I also sold both Gino Peruzzi and Sime Vrsaljko.

I didn't buy anyone withone having sold a key player in advance, and that kept my finances in the black.

I lost Antei in the co-own bid. I thought I would get him for around £2.5m but Roma put in a bid of £3.7m. Not to upset though, as I got Munoz and Balanta.

My 2nd season took a turn for the worse. Zaza got injured for three months, came back and played 5 games (3 as a sub) then got injured for another 3 months. Sansone is suffering a goal drought, Delufeou is not scoring at all, Markovic was doing well then got injured, Origi is the most wasteful player of them all. Bah. I'm left using loanee Bonazzolli and youngsters Bakkali and Pjaca to turn the bad form around.

And then Delufoeu got injured for 3 months of international duty :mad:

Hopefully this guy will help get the season back on track

5uSyhtM.png

jpb4L8E.png

You have got me so excited to start a Sassuolo save now :cool: Great thread

Good luck, keep us posted :thup:

I'm pondering whether I should buy Bonazzoli. Being forced to start him due to injuries, and he has taken the opportunity by scoring 5 in 5 games.

rwgL1vZ.png

z57OWpc.png

Will definatly hold of and see how he fares for the rest of the season, but I have an option to buy him for £11m. Worth it?

Great thread guys :D I'm tempted to give them a go whenever I lose interest in my West Ham save :D

Re Bonazzoli, surely it's bad when his weakest is "fairly blinkered when it comes to picking out a pass and rarely sees anything other than what's in front of him" :p

unorthodox hint for beginners:

If you do want to keep Berrardi, make sure he underperforms during the first year:D,

for example i brought Kampl and rotated both, he slightly underperformed in mine(still 13 goals and several assists)result was= 0 euro offer from Juve :)

look at Adzke, because of Berrardi's great season in his game, Juve had offered 30M for him and therefore brought him.

(however, one could argue this is even a better deal)

About to begin second season with additions of :

Sorensen & Biyik from free transfer, giving me a much stronger alternatives for DC (i hope)

Leali from free transfer, great back up, potential replacement for unsettled Consigli

Murru for regular DL & back up for DR

Pavelka- Great and cheap addition for MC, possibly a starter.

Amartey-Replacement for Mudingayi, young and dynamic ball winner, certainly a starter

Riccardo Fiamozzi-Young italian DR with great potential & great back up for Vrsaljko

+ I just found out Roberto Pereyra is free transferred too, it really made me excited but he is asking for fortunes, dont think i'll be able to afford him..

hint for beginners:

If you do want to keep Berrardi, make sure he underperforms during the first year:D, for example i brought Kampl and rotated both, he slightly underperformed in mine(still 13 goals and several assists)result was= 0 euro offer from Juve :)

look at Adzke, because of Berrardi's great season in his game, Juve had offered 30M for him and therefore brought him.

About to begin second season with additions of :

Sorensen & Biyik from free transfer, giving me a much stronger alternatives for DC (i hope)

Leali from free transfer, great back up, potential replacement for unsettled Consigli

Murru for regular DL & back up for DR

Pavelka- Great and cheap addition for MC, possibly a starter.

Amartey-Replacement for Mudingayi, young and dynamic ball winner, certainly a starter

Riccardo Fiamozzi-Young italian with great potential & great back up for Vrsaljko

Leali is curently my first choice at GK, and Real Madrid are showing interest in him. He has developed into a pretty cracking goalkeeper in my save. I bought Murru as well, but he is a reserve now. Never really developed as I had hoped.

EDIT: I signed Pereyra after the first season, and he was an absolute beast. I sold him back to Juventus after one season at €36,5M.

Hey Adzke quality thread and thanks to your indept insight I too have been inspired to start a save with Sassuolo.

Just curious to know what Mentality/Team shape do you use??

Thank You

Usually fluid / standard. I like to see how a match plays out a bit before making changes if necessary.

LUGsLfY.png

Get in!! Hell yeah. Decided that since I always get battered against Juventus I would try and go at them and attack for once... Really payed off, I was laughing at the end. Even better, Consigli get's injured and for once I have a keeper on the bench and I hadn't even used all subs. After the game Consigli was just very tired, so I assume he had to come off cos he was close to falling a sleep :D

I should add that I bought Sturaro from Juventus for just £1m in the January window. He got 3 assists in that game :)

Which leaves this table. Good place to end it and get some sleep!

CrcuHgA.png

Really did a number on them... they went on to lose against Palermo and Sampdoria. So we're now 8 points clear with 7 games to go. Fingers crossed I'll avoid a bad run of form.

Just got this message

a4IGgmD.png

With that I think I want to increase my Italian contingent. Scouting around there are a few nice targets

Florenzi, between £16m and £23m

Insigne, between £14m and £19.5m

Immobile, between £7.5m and £10m

Poli, between £4.25m and £8m

Berardi, between £26m and £46m

Ferreyra, between £12.5m and £16m

Santon, between £9m and £15m

I'm thinking I'll obviously try to get Berardi, and then maybe Florenzi and perhaps Santon if there's money left. Ferreyra would be good too, but I don't know if he would do well as a CF-s/F9. Insigne would be great too, he's having a fantastic season for Napoli. But I don't think I can accommodate both Insigne and Berardi.

My key player wage cap is set to £46k though, so it might all be moot.

I was encouraged to start as this team by this wonderful thread as well :) I have already played through my first season and finished 15th, relatively dissapointed but this was mainly due to a slump half way through the season, however the 2 results that stand out are a 2-1 win against Juventus who won the treble, and a 3-1 win against inter.

I made 4 signings in my first season which were Kolo Toure in on loan, along with Joey Barton who also came in on loan, the 2 paid for signing were Gino Peruzzi and Delli Alli (MK Dons) Kolo played well enough, and gino was fantastic and alli will grow better and better.

Just had the hidden bids and got berardi for 5 mill, and antei for 1.3 mill have about 23 mill left to spend.

Thinking of having a proper clear out for the 2nd year.

Going to change my formation as well for the 3rd time :) Started with 4-1-2-1-2 (Wide Formation) which changed into a 4-3-1-2 with wide midfielders in the 3, but am going to change to a 4-2-3-1 for my 2nd season, need to try and utilise berardi and zaza to their best any tips?

Really did a number on them... they went on to lose against Palermo and Sampdoria. So we're now 8 points clear with 7 games to go. Fingers crossed I'll avoid a bad run of form.

Just got this message

a4IGgmD.png

With that I think I want to increase my Italian contingent. Scouting around there are a few nice targets

Florenzi, between £16m and £23m

Insigne, between £14m and £19.5m

Immobile, between £7.5m and £10m

Poli, between £4.25m and £8m

Berardi, between £26m and £46m

Ferreyra, between £12.5m and £16m

Santon, between £9m and £15m

I'm thinking I'll obviously try to get Berardi, and then maybe Florenzi and perhaps Santon if there's money left. Ferreyra would be good too, but I don't know if he would do well as a CF-s/F9. Insigne would be great too, he's having a fantastic season for Napoli. But I don't think I can accommodate both Insigne and Berardi.

My key player wage cap is set to £46k though, so it might all be moot.

Florenzi is an absolute beast in my team.

Sassuolo : Season 1 - Preseason

Well I finally got my save underway, thanks goes to the great updates in this thread, so enticing was it that I binned my yearly Lazio save and have really dove into little Sassuolo. So far I've only done the opening meetings, arranged some additional friendlies, lay out some basic starting tactics and lastly gathered a list of potential targets.

One interesting thing I may have done differently to others, and I reccommed those starting have a go at this. Before id even had my first meeting or look at anything I went straight to the home screen to look at the available finances, while the money available was decent, a transfer budget of £8.5m, there was only £1,500 spare in the wage budget so I straight away went to board request and asked for this to be upped and they did to £26,000 spare.

I then went Into the meeting with the chairman and when he asked if I was happy with the budget I said no and a new news item appeared, after the meeting concluded I went to said news item and he gave me the chance to change the season objectives from "Try to consolidate" to "mid table finish", which gives us a rather healthy starting war chest of £11.5m for transfer fees and £85,000 in the wage budget. Might be worth a try for the rest of the people just starting out.

My thinking in this save is going to be different from season to season, to start out, say for the first 2/3 seasons I'm looking at signing young players and then moving them on for maximum profit to steady the club financially. I'm already planning for life without Zaza & Berardi, if I manage to keep a hold of them then I'll be delighted but if can line up replacements just now then should they move on it'll be an easy transition.

These are some of the players I'm reviewing currently :

Federico Bonazzolli - Hoping I can persuade him to join just now on a free, not sure how interested he'll be fresh out the gate. He'd be my ideal replacement for Zaza, although different players they both have an eye for goal.

Ezequiel Ponce - Serie A has had a great history with Argentinian strikers, my favourite being Hernan Crespo, this lad is of that ilk. He's an out and out goal scorer, lots of room to develop, very promising young lad. Another heir to Zaza's spot.

Marcos Estina - Another young Argentinian striker with bags of promise, I'm doing a lot of scouting just now so will weight up between him and Ponce.

Malcom - Quite excited about this lad, at 17 he looks ridiculously dangerous and with so much time ahead of him he could develop into a truly world class player. He would be my replacement for Berardi in the AMR role. He's my main target.

Pione Sisito - My new "must buy" player, he's been my star on every save I've got him on FM15 and this one is no different. A bargain at £2.5m(his release clause), pacy, direct and dangerous he's a great option. Had fun trying to adapt him to the new "Thomas Muller" role FM has included(forget the spelling), will look to do the same here.

Haven't really had time to assess the rest of the squad to see where any areas of improvement can be sorted. Ideally I would like to try and keep any other signings to Serie A based players, that's something I like to do, being Italian would be great but if they are at least familiar with the league then that's enough for me.

Tactics :

I haven't settled on a style yet but the shape is a 4-3-3 with 3 central midfielders with differing roles, two wide men and a lone front man. Ill tweak some of the roles and duties in the preseason friendlies.

Looking forward to this.

Good luck, Hoarau. I was looking at Sisito. Decided not to go for him due to his PPM. He ended up signing for Cagliari, and looking at how he plays I regret not bidding for him...

First leg in the CL-semi final. Narrowly beat Porto and Liverpool to get there.

2U0RIYV.png

Well I deleted my first save with Sassuolo as I approached it all wrong, I am usually found in the lower leagues so I had to change my mindset so I started again.

I set up my tactic and did some dealing in the transfer market and I started the season, I am quite interested to see what happens come the end of the first season given the attacking talent we have and the situation around Berardi so I did something I do not normally do.

I sorted out my tactic and played the first 6 games, I then went on holiday until Christmas, I returned and did some dealing in January and a couple of small tweaks to my tactic and went on holiday again from the end of January until the 23rd of April.

So here is where I am at... http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25097277419306388/482350BC7373BB2ED180E386F54A0B402957B911/

with 4 games to go, could still sneak into the CL but I am hoping for at least the Europa League given how well we have done.

I am interested in how you guys have done with Berardi come the end of the season, do you make a big bid for him or do you hold back and hope you will get to keep him for free?

He has had a good season and it looks like Juve want him.

Anyway really enjoying the save and next season I will not be going on holiday, just really keen to see what happens and build from there.

For anyone that is interested here is a link to my tactic.. http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25097277419310903/FB96A08ECFD152E3FEABF8D307ABD521D9A0B135/

Well finished the season in 6th place, I have to say a bit disappointed as in our last 4 games we dominated everyone but somehow managed to lose 2 of those games, if we had won both of those games we would have been in the CL.

Nevermind, onward and upward!

The situation with Berardi sort of fizzled out. I was sure Juve would put in a big bid and tbh I was already thinking what I would do with the money.

I decided that as his value was still only 6M and even though he is a 'Wonderkid' I decided to bid half and 3M, it seems Juve did not fancy him that much and only bid 1.9M, quite a surprise as I honestly thought I was going to see something like 20M, then again this part is all new.

Archived