FM15: U.S. Sassuolo - Where talent is plentiful, but trophies are scarce

Adzke

Is the keeper position something you'd need to look at in the first season, or do one have good enough back-up for Consigli?

I wouldn't waste money on that position. I've never really had injury problems at the goalkeeper position. I bought Nicola Leali before the 17/18 season, and he is my starter now with Consigli's contract running out after this season.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
played his a complete forward with a deep lying Berardi behind, didn't score in 8 so I have switched him to poacher for 4 as it recommends his best stats for that, still no luck! rather have heskey lol!!

Must be bad luck, I guess. He was absolutely dominant for me during that first season.

Great thread Adzke. I usually only do one save per league each FM and I'm already two seasons into an enjoyable Roma adventure but this has convinced me into trying out a Sassuolo save. It looks like it could be very interesting with some quality players but plenty of room for improvement and also a good amount of transfer funds.

I have actually begun and completed the first transfer window and I'm very happy with the business that has been done. The incomings have been as follows:

Lucas Romero - £7m

Eder Alvarez Balanta - £7m

Tore Reginiussen £425k

Josip Radosevic - loan

Felipe Anderson - loan

Outgoings:

Sergio Floccari - Genoa - £210k

Emannuele Terranova - Novara - loan

Leonardo Pavoletti - Cagliari - £500k

Francesco Magnanelli - free transfer

Magnanelli was certainly not planned at the beginning however we clashed a couple of times in pre-season over sales and team talks and I didn't consider that to be the behaviour of a captain so stripped it from him and gave it to Zaza, this made him even more unhappy and he would complain at every opportunity so we agreed to mutual termination of his contract. The two big incomings were mainly over 48 months. I brought in Reginiussen after Genoa made a generous bid for our 50% stake in Acerbi but the deal fell through at the last minute so were actually quite well stacked at centre back now. Tried to sign Pione Sisto as well but he wasn't interested and couldn't be persuaded to enter talks and Joshua Kimmich moved to Dortmund despite my offer of regular first team football. Also tried to sell a few of the older, less talented players but there wasn't much interest.

Team going into the first season:

GK: Consigli, Pegolo, Pomini

DR: Vrsaljko, Gazzola

DL: Peluso, Longhi

DC: Reginiussen, Cannavaro

DC: Balanta, Antei, Acerbi

DCM: Radosevic, Chibsah

CM: Taider, Brighi

CM: Romero, Biondini

AMR: Berardi, Missiroli

AML: Sansone, Felipe Anderson

ST: Zaza, Floro Flores

I shall be aiming for a mid table finish and think it is definitely achievable with this squad.

Hey Guys, started too with Sassuolo.

Here below my tactics and transfers, currently sitting 8th after 10 games in Serie A.

I'm very pleased of Berardi, thanks to Zaza's injury I started playing him upfront and scored 7 goals in 8 matches. Hopefully he can keep it up by playing on the wing, or I might switch to an asymmetrical 4-3-3.

tactics-14-15_zps4809788c.jpg

transfers-sept-14-15_zps97f91b75.jpg

I've brought in Ekdal from Cagliari to get more quality in midfield, he's quite a good prospect too. Strandberg from Rosenborg popped up in my inbox :D but he's actually quite good

ekdal_14-15_zps8c17b084.jpg

strandberg_14-15_zpsaf935aea.jpg

Great thread Adzke. I usually only do one save per league each FM and I'm already two seasons into an enjoyable Roma adventure but this has convinced me into trying out a Sassuolo save. It looks like it could be very interesting with some quality players but plenty of room for improvement and also a good amount of transfer funds.

I have actually begun and completed the first transfer window and I'm very happy with the business that has been done. The incomings have been as follows:

Lucas Romero - £7m

Eder Alvarez Balanta - £7m

Tore Reginiussen £425k

Josip Radosevic - loan

Felipe Anderson - loan

Outgoings:

Sergio Floccari - Genoa - £210k

Emannuele Terranova - Novara - loan

Leonardo Pavoletti - Cagliari - £500k

Francesco Magnanelli - free transfer

Magnanelli was certainly not planned at the beginning however we clashed a couple of times in pre-season over sales and team talks and I didn't consider that to be the behaviour of a captain so stripped it from him and gave it to Zaza, this made him even more unhappy and he would complain at every opportunity so we agreed to mutual termination of his contract. The two big incomings were mainly over 48 months. I brought in Reginiussen after Genoa made a generous bid for our 50% stake in Acerbi but the deal fell through at the last minute so were actually quite well stacked at centre back now. Tried to sign Pione Sisto as well but he wasn't interested and couldn't be persuaded to enter talks and Joshua Kimmich moved to Dortmund despite my offer of regular first team football. Also tried to sell a few of the older, less talented players but there wasn't much interest.

Team going into the first season:

GK: Consigli, Pegolo, Pomini

DR: Vrsaljko, Gazzola

DL: Peluso, Longhi

DC: Reginiussen, Cannavaro

DC: Balanta, Antei, Acerbi

DCM: Radosevic, Chibsah

CM: Taider, Brighi

CM: Romero, Biondini

AMR: Berardi, Missiroli

AML: Sansone, Felipe Anderson

ST: Zaza, Floro Flores

I shall be aiming for a mid table finish and think it is definitely achievable with this squad.

Glad you like it.

Great transfers getting Romero and Balanta!

Zaza became my captain before I sold him as well, and he seemed like a good choice. Let us know how it all turns out for you.

I'm about to start as Sassuolo too, great players!

one quick question, what are my chances of keeping Berardi during blind bidding? because i'm planning to spend my budget according to that.

I will be playing 4-3-3 Wide formation, with a DMC and two MC's, thinking about purchasing Mudingayi for a year for that DM role, cheap and will get the job done for the first season i think..

btw, how good is Peluso on the left back? his stats make me want to play him at DC, but i'm not really sure if he will fit there %100 + how good does sansone really get?

In Adzke's save Juve bid 31M for him (screenshot above)... I guess it'll be tough!

You might need 2 players for DMC, as Chibsah is better as an MC. Peluso's doing fairly well for me on the left side, he's not actually a DC so you should keep him there. Maybe look for another young DC with good potential.

I'm doing the winter market now (1st season) and I've lost Antei, wanted to leave to play in the UCL, but he went to AC Milan for 6M! Sansone just came up too saying that he wants to go to Napoli to play in the UCL, hope I can keep him. He's not a scoring machine like Berardi and Zaza but he's growing pretty well.

Be careful that Zaza wants to leave right away from the start of the game, I was able to keep him by putting the transfer request to 30M and no one bid for him, than he changed his mind and wanted to stay with Sassuolo.

one quick question, what are my chances of keeping Berardi during blind bidding? because i'm planning to spend my budget according to that.

I will be playing 4-3-3 Wide formation, with a DMC and two MC's, thinking about purchasing Mudingayi for a year for that DM role, cheap and will get the job done for the first season i think..

btw, how good is Peluso on the left back? his stats make me want to play him at DC, but i'm not really sure if he will fit there %100 + how good does sansone really get?

I used him in central defense the first year, but moved him to left back the second. He performed quite well.

I've had some smashing succes on my save this far. I've played four seasons, and I've won the Champions League twice (!), which is of course entirely ridiculous.

Italy has produced some really nice regens in my save, and right now I'm reaping the rewards of playing some of the young guys at an early age.

Mazzola has come through from my own academy, and even though he isn't scoring a lot of goals, he looks like a player with a great future. The same can be said about Bazzocchi, I bought him from Cesena, and he's my heir to Florenzi in central midfield. Di Sante looks like a promising defender, and Ndiour is my starlet on the wing.

Sansone is my highest valued player at €40,5M!

VPxlDgf.png

eDl6QQN.png

cRJZG3U.png

4M48SvW.png

uDa0TC2.png

I got €35M to spend after the first season, so I could have bought Berardi if I had known what Juventus were bidding, but I would say that money is propably spent better elsewhere, as you can really get some reinforcements. I've basically built my entire squad on that money.

I got €35M to spend after the first season, so I could have bought Berardi if I had known what Juventus were bidding, but I would say that money is propably spent better elsewhere, as you can really get some reinforcements. I've basically built my entire squad on that money.

My first game was with Everton, and during AI management Sassuolo did manage to keep Berardi, for about 7m euro's or so.

So i guess it varies from game to game, i really hope i can keep him but if not, hopefully i'll get something close to what you got.

what do you guys think about Mudingayi? can he do the job as a ball winner for a year? i mean he is free after all..

My first game was with Everton, and during AI management Sassuolo did manage to keep Berardi, for about 7m euro's or so.

So i guess it varies from game to game, i really hope i can keep him but if not, hopefully i'll get something close to what you got.

what do you guys think about Mudingayi? can he do the job as a ball winner for a year? i mean he is free after all..

There's propably no harm in signing him. Can't Chibsah play that position? He's done quite well for me.

MOST FUN I CAN EVER REMEMBER ON FM.

Sorry bout the caps. Sassuolo are that fun. In November of my first season, Sitting in 3rd, 7 wins 0 draws 4 losses. Beat Milan 3-0, beat Fiorentina from behind 4-2, blown out 4-1 by Roma, but played great games against Inter and Juve despite losing both.

This is a great young team to build up, really enjoying it. Probably also because I'm watching ever game in comprehensive highlights (nearly everything) or even full game, which makes it so much more exciting when we finally score that goal we've been deserving on the run of play. Or against it. Usually in FM im in too much of a rush to get to the transfer windows so I watch most of the season in extended highlights once I get my tactics squared away. --To do so with Sassuolo would be missing out!

Making Barcelona look slow with their own 4-3-3 style. Counter-Flexible. Ultra high tempo, short passing, retain possession, pass into space, play out of defense. Thats basically the bread n butter.

Intriguing storylines in this first season too, considering the Berardi situation hanging over my head for the upcoming summer. At the moment only 4m in the bank, but assuming I can make a big bid to keep him how high will I go? He's playing AMR inside forward and getting better and better. Leading scorer and many assists. Sansone seems inconsistent for me. Scores at big moments, but can have very quiet games. Managed to convince Samuel Umtiti to join so he's keeping the back organized nicely. Zaza scored a few in the first weeks and has gone very cold playing complete striker (support). Bought Andrea Belotti from Palermo to be his back up and my striker in case Zaza were tempted to leave. Last game against Parma we were 1-0 down until the 70th minute. Zaza doing nothing so took him out and Belotti scores twice to win it. That may have been the final straw for a while, Belotti is deserving to start the next game.

Should be interesting with the first transfer window coming in January. If I can manage to stay up the table by then I assume I'll have some bids to try to fight off for Sansone, Zaza, and Berardi who people have been sniffing around.

Lots of choices of who to sell and who to try and keep to build the team around. Highly recommended save, and I might not have started it without this thread and great OP by Adzke.

Question on my mind for the future is how long will it take to get a new stadium built for these guys? I read that in real life they are playing in the nearby town because their own stadium was too small for Serie A. So, Adzke, assuming you won two CL's.... are you still playing at the small Mapei?

Sounds like you are having a good time, acmilano :)

I'm still at the Mapei, though they are expanding it (albeit only by 5,000 seats) this year. I'd like a new stadium at some point, but the current one is only from the 90s, so I might have to wait a while.

Both my youth and training facilities are being upgraded and should be done by summer after first season.

I always bug the board until they allow me, so to be honest I forget if they were reluctant or not... I think it didn't take too much. Can't stand the idea of my players not getting as good as they could be due to training on low quality training grounds. I don't have a ton of impressive youth players yet, save one 17 year old who I poached from another Italian team, but my starting lineup is nearly all between 19-23, so its imperative to me that we have proper first team training facilities as soon as possible.

Adzke, regarding the stadium, its a shame that just because it was built recently the game doesn't like to allow a new stadium to be built. Its not even Sassuolo's home stadium and it sounds like IRL they were in a bit of a pickle about where to play. That, plus hopefully some fast success in my game should really be the exact recipe for a new stadium to be built. Assuming I can secure and preserve enough funds, obviously. Fingers crossed.

So despite Berardi having a poor season I offered 7m for him as he's probably going to be worth alot more. Could have offered £1 as Juventus didn't make an offer :D

That almost seems silly enough for you to log it in the bugs forum :)

This could be my next save, I am having fun with Novara at the moment.

Being honest I had never heard of this side, at least not that I can remember, I seen they were interested in 1 of my players so I had a look at them and they did catch my eye, I then came to the forums and found this great thread.

I will be giving these guys a go soon, nice work guys!

Bad news is though that I've now had to fill the rest of my squad with relatively cheap players, hopefully Romero, Berardi and Zaza will give me enough quality to at least finish mid-table and build again from there, still look weak in defence though.

This could be my next save, I am having fun with Novara at the moment.

Being honest I had never heard of this side, at least not that I can remember, I seen they were interested in 1 of my players so I had a look at them and they did catch my eye, I then came to the forums and found this great thread.

I will be giving these guys a go soon, nice work guys!

We'll be anxiously waiting for your exploits :D

They really are a lot of fun. Berardi, Zaza, and Sansone made this save great for me.

Bad news is though that I've now had to fill the rest of my squad with relatively cheap players, hopefully Romero, Berardi and Zaza will give me enough quality to at least finish mid-table and build again from there, still look weak in defence though.

Decided to sell Chibsah as I brought in Zavala to play alongside Romero in defensive midfield. Kameni has come in to challenge in goal and my defence now consists of Vrsaljko, Antei, Kirchoff(on loan from Bayern) and Bertrand (on loan from Chelsea). Also managed to get Cheryshev on loan from Real to play in behind Zaza along with Berardi and Sansone.

Managed to bring Powell, Sturaro and Rusescu on loan to bolster the squad. Looking a lot better than last season imo and we shouldn't be as reliant on our starting players now.

Normally i play my games a lot faster than my current game, Sassuolo.

In two days, i havent even began my first friendly yet :) i've been analyzing who to buy, and just focus on my tactics, youth development, hiring new coaches, improving the facilities etc..

In my third day now, i can finally begin my first friendly against Wigan :)

My squad for the upcoming first season:

Consigli-Vrsaljko-Balanta-Tore Reginiussen-Peluso-Mudingayi-Taider-Romero-Berrardi-Sansone-Zaza

Chibsah, Magnanelli, Cannavaro etc.. are all at the bench, providing good and efficient cover!

Hoping for great results + keeping Berardi after the first season (fingers crossed)

edit note:

the season is about to start, all the friendly went well, i must say i'm overly excited with the upcoming season, my newest transfer is Kevin Kampl! all around midfielder who will also be a great alternative to a possible Berrardi departure!

Balanta/Romero/Reginiussen/Mudingayi/Rotariu/Kampl = 29m euro's spent, with a 5.5m euro of income.

So long as he keeps playing well it shouldn't matter (in regards to your Sansone potential value). Although I've always received more money when the player is worth £13M and a club offers anywhere from £20-45M. As appose to worth £25M and I get no offer of that amount and sell him for slightly less.

Very intrigued, was keen on last years FM, but I'm a huge Milan fan. So if, which I never do, but if I get bored of my one and only save being Milan, i'll most certainly give these B------S a go. Hate Sassuolo, beating us last season 4-3, all goals by that Juve scumbag Berardi. lol

But nice work by the way guys.

We'll be anxiously waiting for your exploits :D

They really are a lot of fun. Berardi, Zaza, and Sansone made this save great for me.

Slightly off topic and wrong forum but due to how far into the game you are can you upload a screenshot of Mastour for me ???

Much appreciated if you do. Cheers.

I don't some more prep last night and I reckon today ill launch Into the save(I have so many saves on the go it's hard to find time), I did want to ask? Much like real life Italian football are you finding a real lack of promising under '23 year old Italian players?

I mean versions gone by you have Rugani, Berardi, Capuno, Caprini etc there just doesn't seem to be that "next generation", perhaps I've missed them as I have progressed in this save but I haven't noticed them in any of my others either.

Wondering adzke since your a few seasons in has there been any Italian's really raise thier profiles?

I don't some more prep last night and I reckon today ill launch Into the save(I have so many saves on the go it's hard to find time), I did want to ask? Much like real life Italian football are you finding a real lack of promising under '23 year old Italian players?

I mean versions gone by you have Rugani, Berardi, Capuno, Caprini etc there just doesn't seem to be that "next generation", perhaps I've missed them as I have progressed in this save but I haven't noticed them in any of my others either.

Wondering adzke since your a few seasons in has there been any Italian's really raise thier profiles?

There are quite a few promising Italian players on my shortlist. I don't know if I should spoil it for everyone though! :)

I started a save yesterday, got inspired by this thread.

Gonna go with a version of the 3-5-2, hoping Sansone will do well filling in as a deep lying forward and a roaming playmaker on occasion.

Transfers so far:

ZCfF4Pu.png

Argentine midfield... sadly missing Kranevitter, but maybe in the future?

Try to keep Berardi if you can. I have him in my Marseille side and he has been fantastic, being the top scorer in Ligue 1 three years running and his attributes are nothing short of world class.

How are you using him and have you had him learn any PPMs?

Slightly off topic and wrong forum but due to how far into the game you are can you upload a screenshot of Mastour for me ???

Much appreciated if you do. Cheers.

He looks very promising, but Milan seem hellbent on screwing him up, giving him very little playing time.

3XxUciV.png

There are quite a few promising Italian players on my shortlist. I don't know if I should spoil it for everyone though! :)

I started a save yesterday, got inspired by this thread.

Gonna go with a version of the 3-5-2, hoping Sansone will do well filling in as a deep lying forward and a roaming playmaker on occasion.

Transfers so far:

ZCfF4Pu.png

Argentine midfield... sadly missing Kranevitter, but maybe in the future?

Mastour, Locatelli, Scuffet, Romagnoli, Bonazzoli, Montelone, Romagna, Murru and Cerri.

There are plenty mate.

He looks very promising, but Milan seem hellbent on screwing him up, giving him very little playing time.

3XxUciV.png

Thanks mate. Cheers, he'll be a legend for me. Starting my save now.

First half of the season is done. Has gone much better than expected.

KVmZz37.png

Oj20bsn.png

29IfMTa.png

My attempt at making a 3-5-2 work lasted about 25 minutes in to the first game, when I switched to a tried and tested 4321. Haven't looked back since.

Positvies

- Home form. Won every single home game. Is it the pitch, tactic? I don't know. Somethings doing it.

- Surprising performers, especially Taider, Sansone and Chibsah. Antei is also developing very quickly.

Negatives

- Can't get the two star strikers to score. 2 out of Berardi's 3 goals have come from penalties. After every game I have to explain his bad day infront of goal. Zaza's last two games had him end with a 5.4 and a 5.5 rating, having missed about 10 good goal chances combined. On the plus side, every ones is chipping in with goals.

- Injuries, injuries, injuries... Wow. Not seen anything like it on my two other saves, which has spanned 9 seasons. Don't think I've ever played my first 11.

List of injuries in the first team so far

Vrsjalko:

Groin strain, 3 weeks

Achillies tendon, 4 months

Zaza:

Broken ribs, 4 weeks

Twisted knee, 3 weeks

Berardi:

Sprained ankle, 5 weeks

Romero:

Double Hernia, 2 months

Bruma:

Bruised shin, 1 week

Torn calf, 4 months

Sansone:

Dead leg, 3 weeks

Regeniussen:

Pulled hamstring, 4 weeks

Stubbed toe, 1 week

Peluso:

Sports hernia, 4 weeks

Floro Flores:

Achillies tendon, 3 months

Bonazzoli:

Bruised thigh, 1 week

Lovric:

Damaged elbow, 2 weeks

Missiroli:

Bruised rib, 1 week

Thigh strain, 2 weeks

Gashed leg, 2 weeks

Brighi:

Sports hernia, 4 weeks

Gazzola:

Groin strain, 3 weeks

Maybe, but I don't think so.. I mean what would govern that? Is is workload, facility quality, coaches, physhio's or just plain bad luck? Because training is at medium workload, I've got light workload for the coaches and a few physio's, and it's the same training setup as I've used elsewhere.

After posting I had another few injuries.

I signed Sergi Roberto and he played two games then got a twisted ankle.

Floro Flores came back, then fractured his arm in the first week.

Romero twisted his knee.

Antei had a chest injury

And Missiroli got another buised rib.

4 out of those 5 were match injuries.

Going though my 1st team's injury history, so far they've suffered 21 injuries in matches and 8 in training.

I'm thinking it's just really bad luck.

what is the PA of Murru? i was thinking about buying him, but my scout reports made me unsure tbh.

half way done with the first season, 5th place looks sealed, primary goal is a european cup spot, but anything can happen.

Had a dip in form after new years, but finishing very strongly much thanks to the incredible form of Berardi.

rk4CY7U.png

Zaza also came good, with all three of Zaza, Berardi and Sansone among the top 6 goalscorers in the league so far. Berardi has 16 goals and 23!! assists.

I'm considering Murru too. He looks better than both Peluso and Longhi at least, but I noticed he has the PPM stays back at all times. I play with wing back, so that's not ideal. I might try and get if I can get him cheaply. Surprisingly Cagliari is flying high in the league.. currently fighting with them to finish 2nd, so I doubt he'll be available in the 2nd season.

As for Berardi I really hope I'm lucky, he just scored another brace, but Juve is 'Rich' and hasn't spend a dime on transfers yet. I've set his asking price to £120m, hoping that will somehow influence the blind bidding :D

Started my save with these guys and just came through pre-season, I don't think scoring goals will be a problem in this save. :)

I am using a slightly unorthodoxed system... 4-1-2-1-2.

4 at the back, a DM, a CM and a right midfielder in midfield, AML, a false nine, a complete forward.

I will post some screenshots once I get a bit through the season.

Decided a good CB would be a good buy so spent a chunk of my transfer budget on Virgil Van Dijk from Celtic, also brought in a couple of others including a good looking youngster for CB.

In pre-season we are scoring for fun, I will have to do some tweaking to the defence though.

Will post more once I get up and running in the league, really looking forward to this save.

Archived