Help my players don't tackle.

i'm in need of help please guys. My players simply do not tackle they just chaperon the opponents instead of making tackles. Also my full backs always drift inside allowing the opposing fullbacks to have loads of space to cross. Any idea guys?

I'm playing with Everton i used 4-2-3-1 at home with a "control" mentality and "flexible" team shape TI "pass into space, whipped crossed, player wider, close down more, get stuck in, higher tempo and be more disciplined". Baines is the main culprit of drifting inwards and giving the opposition RB space to do whatever he likes.

Sounds like you need to man mark opposition fullbacks with your AML/R. It's a weakness of the position in FM, they don't track the fullbacks unless implicitly told to do so. As for tackling issue, I haven't noticed it, check their bravery and aggression attributes perhaps?

To stop the fullbacks giving the opposite winger too much space to cross, try give the winger the opposite intstruction 'show onto foot' and then select the left foot for the AMR and vice versa.

What is mentioned by peleJunior, the AMR/AML's do track back, but only when they have a support duty.

As per the sticky thread "Asking For Help", please disclose your whole setup - Roles, Duties, Formation, Mentality, Team Shape, PIs and TIs.

Formation 4-2-3-1

FW (Target man Attack)

AMC (Advanced playmaker, support) - AMR (Inside Forward, Attack) - AML (Winger, Support)

MCL (Deep lying playmaker, Defend) - MCR (Midfielder, Support)

DL (Full Back, support) - DR ( Full Back, support)

DC (Defender, Defend) - DC (Defender, Defend)

GK (Goalkeeper, Defend)

Strategy: Control

Fluidity: Flexible

Team Instructions:

Pass into space

Play wider

whipped crosses

Close down

Get stuck in

High Tempo

Be More Disciplined

Most of my players besides my AMC and AML are on short passing for PI yet during the game i see them attempting long passes and lose possession countless times my biggest worry though is how my team doesn't defend well they just allow the opposition work into my area without usually tackling something PC seems to be very good at. I'm not saying my tactics are spot on far from that, i just need some help so i can enjoy the game.

Archived