Can't keep a lead, can't defend, this is unplayable.

I am playing with Genoa and atm i am at season 2019-2020 and i consider my team pretty good (at least 10 times better than what you start with at Genoa), here is my lineup:

(4-3-3) Cican Stankovic, Andreas Christensen, Emiliano Velazquez, Alessio Romagnioli, Panagiotis Atanasov(Regen), Joe Allen, Josue, Alan Halilovic, Lazar Markovic, Pavel Savitsky, Aleksander Mitrovic.

I use 2 full backs, 2 central defenders, 1 roaming PM, 1 cm attack, 1 cm defend and 2 inside forwards + 1 advanced forward with instructions for a short passing game and exploiting flanks + pressing and high tempo.

Here is exactly how every game goes:

attack score 2-3 goals in the first half then ask my team to keep focus and they all respond positively then in the second half no matter what mentality i use (Control, Counter, or even Contain) i end up losing the lead no matter how many goals it is 2,3 ,4 i just concede as much as i scored if not more against much lesser teams and 90% of the goals are ping pong crosses and the rest are set pieces\penalties\screamers.

Let's say i am playing a game at home i start with control\attacking depending on the difficulty of the match(sometimes even counter vs superior teams) then after having a safe lead i usually opt to counter mentality to draw opponents and make more spaces available, but after noticing that i still concede and lose my lead even with counter or defensive i tried keeping attack\control and the same still happen.

I shouldn't have to change all roles and team instructions vs Citadella when i am having a 3 nil lead i only tone down mentality to play it a bit safer but i still should have the upper hand, in a tough game i just switch to a more defensive tactic after scoring(more direct and deep defensive lines). You really dont see big teams parking the bus after scoring vs much smaller teams because you dont see teams like Reggina having players who score screamers and get past 4-5 defenders for fun.

It just feels like RnG at the momen i beat City 1-0 in the CL then struggle hard to keep a 4-1 lead vs Cesena(fighting for relegation) and end up drawing 4-4.

You've not given us your entire tactical set-up. And absolutely you would change roles and TI's even against rubbish teams because they will attack you and you will concede if you are not helping your defenders out

You say you're losing it on crosses, when you lower mentality are you moving your if's back to help your fb's? Because even the rubbish teams are going to get their Fb's to bomb forward.

Archived