5-3-2 WB Help

I've never played this formation on FM, and after starting a save with Boca I think the players at my disposal might be suited to it. This is how I'm currently setting up and I have a few PIs too but nothing too out of the ordinary. I'm not sure what roles and TIs would suit the formation best so any help would be much appreciated, thank you! (won't let me post pics so gonna have to type it all lol)

GK - D

WB - S

LD - D

CD - D

LD - D

CWB - A

AP - A

DLP - D

CM - S

F9 - S

TM - A

Structured + i'll alter mentality depending on opponent.

Exploit flanks

early crosses

float crosses

close down more

short passing

I have been using this formation with Swindon.

20 Games - 14W 5D 1L

Player Roles

ScreenShot2014-11-21at202349.png"]ScreenShot2014-11-21at202349.png[/url]

Team Instructions

ScreenShot2014-11-21at202359.png"]ScreenShot2014-11-21at202359.png[/url]

Individual Player instructions

GK - Pass shorter, Distribute to Wing Backs

WB (both) - Run wide with Ball

DLP - Pass it shorter

MCR - More direct Passes

MCL - Move into Channels

Def Forward - More direct Passes

Advanced Forward and CB's - no instruction.

I really like using the 352 and its many variants. It's one of those systems which, when it comes together, can produce some gorgeous football, though when things go wrong they go terribly wrong.

I'm a bit concerned about your two Limited Defenders - I would imagine them hoofing the ball away any time the WB's are too far up the pitch or marked out. Also the "early crosses/float crosses" combination is a bit odd and would probably not exploit the strengths of the 352, which is usually the numerical advantage in the center. Your wingbacks will be heavily involved in play regardless, so there is no need to exploit the flanks. I find asking your team to "play wider" works very well as you not only have better support accross the pitch and more "help" on the flanks, but you open up those sweet spots through the middle for your more attacking midfielders to exploit.

Finally, playing as Boca, I wonder why you're not using an AMC - an enganche would be a lot of fun to watch especially with two strikers.

Archived