"The Gap between midfield and defence is too big"

I get this every time I use a formation without a natural DM. And even still one of my CMs is a DM - D or BWM - D. Is this something important to listen to, or should I just ignore it? I don't know if this means I practically have to play with a DM

Assistant managers are usually idiots so take their advice with a pinch of salt, if there genuinely is an issue then maybe add the shout "pusher higher up" to reduce the gap between your players.

Assistant managers are usually idiots so take their advice with a pinch of salt, if there genuinely is an issue then maybe add the shout "pusher higher up" to reduce the gap between your players.
Ah I feel I maybe have been too trusting of my AM in the past

I don't trust my assistant manager with tactics. However, protecting the zone in front of your center backs is very important. If you have a Center Midfielder/Defend, or Deep Lying Playmaker/Defend in your midfield, you should be fine. Ball winning midfielders cover too much ground to protect your center backs.

You should never listen to your assman. The logic behind the advice is usually terrible.

"Hey, we're playing West Ham and winning a lot of defensive headers against Mauro Zarate, we should play a more direct passing game!"

"Hey, Bayern is pressing us brilliantly and we can't get any possession, we should play a shorter passing game so they can launch more counterattacks from inside our own third!"

Archived